Relic Amplifiers, The Gear System & Our Next Update [MEGA]

Replies

• I suggest everyone go to the app store and give this game 1 star. I'm close to 4 years into this game and this is the worst update during my time playing. Its time to quit.
  • Vicarious wrote: »
    Ragnir wrote: »
    So all of us ftp and dolphins can just quit now because mods mean almost nothing. Being smart about farming and gearing doesn't matter anymore either, its just a total cash grab. Worst update ever.

And mods are going to be upgraded past current 6• soon.... meaning even more $$$$ to try to keep up. Lo!

Man, if I was in charge over there at CG headquarters or especially at EA, I would be firing or demoting so many employees and hiring some immediate outside experts to come in and fix the game. As of right now, along with the news of more mod upgrading, this game is surely on its deathbed.

CG needs to add some very fast positives and fast.

Thousands of people each spent hundreds of dollars today on relics... If I was CG headquarters or EA I would give CG a medal for their great work encouraging people to drop loads of cash on a new feature.
    So all of us ftp and dolphins can just quit now because mods mean almost nothing. Being smart about farming and gearing doesn't matter anymore either, its just a total cash grab. Worst update ever.

And mods are going to be upgraded past current 6• soon.... meaning even more $$$$ to try to keep up. Lo!

Man, if I was in charge over there at CG headquarters or especially at EA, I would be firing or demoting so many employees and hiring some immediate outside experts to come in and fix the game. As of right now, along with the news of more mod upgrading, this game is surely on its deathbed.

Thousands of people each spent hundreds of dollars today on relics... If I was CG headquarters or EA I would give CG a medal for their great work encouraging people to drop loads of cash on a new feature.

Exactly. These people are causing this.
  • Not me. I am in the retirement process after this new paywall
  • Spending tons of money should garner an advantage over other players but this update will shut moderate spenders out completely. Tw, gac, and arena are pretty much ruined.
  • I have been playing this game for three years now and this update is terrible. They just brought on gear 13 and now you need Gear 13 for relics. That means everyone who is playing this game for free has one to five gear 13 characters so you don't get to ramp up your characters as much as those who pay to play. Instead of making this game fun with new characters, like Return of the Jedi Luke (for god sake, he's on the title scene), we get money grabbing relics. I hate this and I'm quitting.
  • Why were relics released without the new ability portion? Seriously? So this essentially is nothing more than a giver tier to increase stats? G13 only just became available like 4 months ago....and you follow up with another gear tier this soon after? Like what on earth is this crap? Talk about incredibly boring for something that was so hyped up. Great the spenders who already have a huge advantage in the mass amount of G13s they have, can bring them to gear 14 essentially while everyone else is still struggling to get 1 or 2 G13s up....This is btw coming from a spender..This is ridiculously lazy and a boring/unimaginative addition to the game.

Pretty much this. We can be sure the ones addicted to spend real money online in games are already doing it and putting several of their chars at max relic level.
    Of course some have, I know so for a fact.

Doesn’t mean that they aren’t loosing more $$$$ in the long run because of this. Giant whales and Krakens will surely keep on spending sure but to regular whales and all those below, well, I have a strong feeling once they feel the impact of these new g14..... I mean Relics in arena and GAC, their spending and then playing will slowly diminish.

Im willing to bet the average whale quits behind this
  • Axxel
    8 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Hmmmm.... seems cg did their job bad... seems its too cheap.... in my arena already a few guys habe 5 toons with relict 7.....

Very funny
  • After the last update, the game works noticeably slower. Previously it was all smooth, click and there you are. Now I need to wait couple of seconds and it makes me angry because several times I entered battle with crap squad because of that - I clicked on the battle once, nothing happened, then I clicked again and then *poof* the squad selection was gone and I was already on the battlefield... and it was TB so I entered Geonosis Arena with no synergy between characters. Is there any possibility that CG would work on the app performance? It works sooooo slow now...
  • Yay, I couldn't wait to make the umpteenth fresh install to make the umpteenth faulty update work and have the umpteenth pay to play stuff implemented in the game, which will bring the umpteenth guildmate to quit. Now it's clear that it wasn't Carrie's fault, as this is way worse than any of the things we had to withstand when Carrie was up there.
  • Toot Toot! All aboard the money train, please mind the gap or you will lose all your money in there!
    I love how they imply that the game is being improved for our benefit, yet the first thing that I knew about this update was that you could purchase a pack to help you with this update for ONE HUNDRED POUNDS!!!!! 😡😡😡😡😡
    The sooner that Lucasfilm strip EA of its license the better, while the brand name still has a little self respect
  • Ragnir wrote: »
    Spending tons of money should garner an advantage over other players but this update will shut moderate spenders out completely. Tw, gac, and arena are pretty much ruined.

Funny how you mention game modes where you get matched by GP. Last I checked, relics were a significant GP boost, meaning that your comment is dead wrong in this regard. Whales gonna fight whales, peasants gonna fight peasants.
    As for arena, you were never gonna keep up with the whales anyway, so nothing really changes.
  • Have they moved where VHS shards are farmed from without saying? I farmed this morning at 5.45 am and didn't spot he wasn't there...
    This is the Way
  • They made a paywall, people wastes a lot of money on this game.... The problem isnt from CG, is from that ones (pay players) thats put a lot of money on a garbage (móbile game)...
  • So what will be done to fix this disaster of a game? Anything? I just added to the list of one star ratings in the app star. That felt good. Almost rolled it over to deleting the game. But hoping something is done soon.
  • I think this is nail in coffin for I may have to walk away from the game after over a year of playing.
    Only way I can explain is that I feel strangled even more now with this relic **** I'm now not enjoying it understand money needs to be made but this is one **** update I can't explain it very well but it's just making this game a chore for me now

Can't even find the enthusiasm to insult you as person
  • m9vepd2d7197.jpeg

Minimum wage in Turkey is 2000 lira.
    Getting two toons relic power from 5 to 7 costs 700 lira.
    Until now, it was challenging to play.
    From now on, clearly bye bye.
    Check my collection. Contact me at Discord: zegene#1773
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Natetiffer wrote: »
    Have they moved where VHS shards are farmed from without saying? I farmed this morning at 5.45 am and didn't spot he wasn't there...

They told us they were going to move them when relics were live.
  • GA pairing will be based on $$$ spent now?
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Spending tons of money should garner an advantage over other players but this update will shut moderate spenders out completely. Tw, gac, and arena are pretty much ruined.

Funny how you mention game modes where you get matched by GP. Last I checked, relics were a significant GP boost, meaning that your comment is dead wrong in this regard. Whales gonna fight whales, peasants gonna fight peasants.
    As for arena, you were never gonna keep up with the whales anyway, so nothing really changes.

There are many accounts hyperfocused on specific characters to purposely keep GP low. Ive seen accounts under 3 million GP with 30+ G13 etc. I am at 4.2mgp and only have 1 G13. For arena, the only way to stay competitive is to throw those krakens together, shard rotation / implement matchmaking for grouping.
  • It's just too big a power jump to release at once. 3-4k attack increases, tens of thousands of health. If this had been turned into a 2-3 phased release, maybe. But a single R7 character is going to walk all over an R0 lineup in most cases. This seems like a pretty massive misstep from a balance perspective.
  • Dear @CG_SBCrumb,

Why cannot I benefit from the much higher rates of exchange from the Scavenger? Just because I have already geared characters who have used the crafted piece, I cannot take advantage of the exchange rate for the crafted gear. Please allow us to craft gear even if a unit does not need it.

8o0u1iwes7pg.jpg

0dbfv1iku4nt.jpg
  • I wonder how the game managers can write with a straight face that relics aren't a level of gear. I guess, actually, if they were like gear, it would be much better. We have to struggle to buy and farm gear a little at a time. Relics are like getting gears 10 through 13 all at once. And you get them easily by swapping excess fluff and a few cantina refreshes. I'll be punished for not having loads of G13. But the one G13 finisher I have has a relic, and I have to get it as high as possible ASAP. Or else.
  • ajh6037 wrote: »
    Dear @CG_SBCrumb,

Why cannot I benefit from the much higher rates of exchange from the Scavenger? Just because I have already geared characters who have used the crafted piece, I cannot take advantage of the exchange rate for the crafted gear. Please allow us to craft gear even if a unit does not need it.

8o0u1iwes7pg.jpg

0dbfv1iku4nt.jpg

Lol seriously if you are super whale and took everyone to g13, your totally screwed on relics hahahahahahaaaa
This discussion has been closed.