Initial repercussions of Relics

Prev13
Shadroth
110 posts Member
edited September 12
Already I am seeing the reactionary response to this latest update. It’s been literally only hours since relics went live and 2 of our guildies have quit. Are you listening CG?
Hope the mountain of cash makes a comfortable bed to sleep in, because down in the trenches (where most of the player base is) people are dying.

Replies

  • Thanks for your comments, so far it’s been really hard to watch and if this forum was NSFW I’d post the discussions I’m seeing on discord.
  • Jack1210 wrote: »
    They will care once the game dies. Too little too late. I hate to be this negative, but CG is forcing us to have these horrible outlooks when it is increasingly clear they're milking this poor game to the end

    I’m also wary of being so negative particularly because it’s so early in the implementation of relics but if we don’t make our voices heard anywhere - even on the forums which seem to have no impact on the devs directions anyway - than what’s the point being a passionate SWGOH player?
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    I’m overwhelmed and distraught and I’m only watching people play and advising right now while I work on my level 26 account 😂. This looks brutal. It feels like everything we’ve seen up until now was just nullified and we are starting over. And holy cow how are new players going to get anywhere near catching up?

    Since you started over anyway, why don't you just find a new game for us all to play?

    I tried a few. Most are actually less F2P friendly than this one is. Or was? I don’t know now. Honestly I would have never have gotten into a gatcha game if it wasn’t Star Wars. It’s probably no surprise that I’m failing to find any others that intrigue me.

    This is what I'm scared of. This game admittedly helped get me more into star wars, but I don't see the light at the end of the tunnel and hope another game can replicate the positives this game had, while also staying star wars
  • Shadroth wrote: »
    Jack1210 wrote: »
    They will care once the game dies. Too little too late. I hate to be this negative, but CG is forcing us to have these horrible outlooks when it is increasingly clear they're milking this poor game to the end

    I’m also wary of being so negative particularly because it’s so early in the implementation of relics but if we don’t make our voices heard anywhere - even on the forums which seem to have no impact on the devs directions anyway - than what’s the point being a passionate SWGOH player?

    Completely agree. Don't wanna be the stereotypical whining forum user, but man. This is scary/horrible for the long term health of this game. Mods did start so poorly too, but idk how they can reverse this. The whale already poured money into it so I don't see how they can make it easier to get without spurning the only portion of the community they care about (don't tell me this update didn't cater only to krakens).
  • 1 player from my guild quit too and he plays since day 1.
  • Don't quit. You can take yourself back to the days when the game was enjoyable by helping lower tiered guilds clear raids and be more competitive in TW.
  • Rake6 wrote: »
    1 player from my guild quit too and he plays since day 1.

    What is he doing with his account??

    /s 😅
    ya does he wanna lend it to a friend? ;)
  • Jack1210 wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    I’m overwhelmed and distraught and I’m only watching people play and advising right now while I work on my level 26 account 😂. This looks brutal. It feels like everything we’ve seen up until now was just nullified and we are starting over. And holy cow how are new players going to get anywhere near catching up?

    Since you started over anyway, why don't you just find a new game for us all to play?

    I tried a few. Most are actually less F2P friendly than this one is. Or was? I don’t know now. Honestly I would have never have gotten into a gatcha game if it wasn’t Star Wars. It’s probably no surprise that I’m failing to find any others that intrigue me.

    This is what I'm scared of. This game admittedly helped get me more into star wars, but I don't see the light at the end of the tunnel and hope another game can replicate the positives this game had, while also staying star wars

    I really wish someone would design a collection type strategy game like this that is a monthly fee or something. I know it will never happen, but I would love for a game to be designed around balance and player enjoyment rather than encouraging spending. Unfortunately the market dictates how games get made and consumers eat this style up.

    I wish I could code.... This game had the base and overall setup. I'm curious as to if it was greed that got em or if they just overspent and put themselves in this spot to milk everyone's wallets dry
  • Jack1210 wrote: »
    Jack1210 wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    I’m overwhelmed and distraught and I’m only watching people play and advising right now while I work on my level 26 account 😂. This looks brutal. It feels like everything we’ve seen up until now was just nullified and we are starting over. And holy cow how are new players going to get anywhere near catching up?

    Since you started over anyway, why don't you just find a new game for us all to play?

    I tried a few. Most are actually less F2P friendly than this one is. Or was? I don’t know now. Honestly I would have never have gotten into a gatcha game if it wasn’t Star Wars. It’s probably no surprise that I’m failing to find any others that intrigue me.

    This is what I'm scared of. This game admittedly helped get me more into star wars, but I don't see the light at the end of the tunnel and hope another game can replicate the positives this game had, while also staying star wars

    I really wish someone would design a collection type strategy game like this that is a monthly fee or something. I know it will never happen, but I would love for a game to be designed around balance and player enjoyment rather than encouraging spending. Unfortunately the market dictates how games get made and consumers eat this style up.

    I wish I could code.... This game had the base and overall setup. I'm curious as to if it was greed that got em or if they just overspent and put themselves in this spot to milk everyone's wallets dry

    I wish someone selfless would buy this game and make enough to pay the stuff and a little bit for themselves and keep the game going, instead of this constant predatory monetization.
  • As if g13 alone didn't earn them enough, they had to bring in a system that's designed to stretch your wallet beyond imagination and widen the gap between f2p and whales to an unprecedented level...
  • As if g13 alone didn't earn them enough, they had to bring in a system that's designed to stretch your wallet beyond imagination and widen the gap between f2p and whales to an unprecedented level...

    Not to mention they only just released G13 a few months ago and have immediately followed up with what is essentially G14...
  • Comatose
    49 posts Member
    edited September 12
    Just wait till 7 dot mods come lmao. I’m so done with this game. If they would have added more content different battles challenges have remained pretty much the same since the beginning of the game. The only thing that drives people is arena and now gac and of you don’t have the wallet for it especially now with relics and higher tier mods (which you know are coming very soon). I would have changed my mind More focused on upgrades that make them money rather than game crashes, wonky gac stuff happening!! Probably my last post. I’m done with cg and ea for good.
  • Relics are THE MOST shameless cash grab update for this game until now.
  • KKatarn wrote: »
    Relics are THE MOST shameless cash grab update for this game until now.

    No, I think that will happen next. Get ready for the next "epic confrontation."
  • VonZant wrote: »
    KKatarn wrote: »
    Relics are THE MOST shameless cash grab update for this game until now.

    No, I think that will happen next. Get ready for the next "epic confrontation."

    Hence why I said "until now".
    Anyway it is so cash grab they didn't even bother to look at the lore of the characters before creating those relics. Almost all of them are just their weapons. :/
  • Imagine events that REQUIRE g13 +relics to participate, how is this supposed to be anywhere near f2p friendly
  • Gorem
    1185 posts Member
    Jack1210 wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    I’m overwhelmed and distraught and I’m only watching people play and advising right now while I work on my level 26 account 😂. This looks brutal. It feels like everything we’ve seen up until now was just nullified and we are starting over. And holy cow how are new players going to get anywhere near catching up?

    Since you started over anyway, why don't you just find a new game for us all to play?

    I tried a few. Most are actually less F2P friendly than this one is. Or was? I don’t know now. Honestly I would have never have gotten into a gatcha game if it wasn’t Star Wars. It’s probably no surprise that I’m failing to find any others that intrigue me.

    This is what I'm scared of. This game admittedly helped get me more into star wars, but I don't see the light at the end of the tunnel and hope another game can replicate the positives this game had, while also staying star wars

    I really wish someone would design a collection type strategy game like this that is a monthly fee or something. I know it will never happen, but I would love for a game to be designed around balance and player enjoyment rather than encouraging spending. Unfortunately the market dictates how games get made and consumers eat this style up.

    Final Fantasy Brave Exvuius, go play that, then come to realise that games out there where you can collect a lot, and have A FREAKING LOAD of content, while being completly F2p and possible to get all premium stuff easilly for free, do exist.
  • Gorem wrote: »
    Jack1210 wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    I’m overwhelmed and distraught and I’m only watching people play and advising right now while I work on my level 26 account 😂. This looks brutal. It feels like everything we’ve seen up until now was just nullified and we are starting over. And holy cow how are new players going to get anywhere near catching up?

    Since you started over anyway, why don't you just find a new game for us all to play?

    I tried a few. Most are actually less F2P friendly than this one is. Or was? I don’t know now. Honestly I would have never have gotten into a gatcha game if it wasn’t Star Wars. It’s probably no surprise that I’m failing to find any others that intrigue me.

    This is what I'm scared of. This game admittedly helped get me more into star wars, but I don't see the light at the end of the tunnel and hope another game can replicate the positives this game had, while also staying star wars

    I really wish someone would design a collection type strategy game like this that is a monthly fee or something. I know it will never happen, but I would love for a game to be designed around balance and player enjoyment rather than encouraging spending. Unfortunately the market dictates how games get made and consumers eat this style up.

    Final Fantasy Brave Exvuius, go play that, then come to realise that games out there where you can collect a lot, and have A FREAKING LOAD of content, while being completly F2p and possible to get all premium stuff easilly for free, do exist.

    I played FFBE and the main issue with that game is that there is too much content(all in limited time events). For a phone game it eats way too much of your time.
  • Two people from my arena shard have quit in the last 24 hours. Long time players.
  • More will
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    I’m overwhelmed and distraught and I’m only watching people play and advising right now while I work on my level 26 account 😂. This looks brutal. It feels like everything we’ve seen up until now was just nullified and we are starting over. And holy cow how are new players going to get anywhere near catching up?

    Since you started over anyway, why don't you just find a new game for us all to play?

    I tried a few. Most are actually less F2P friendly than this one is. Or was? I don’t know now. Honestly I would have never have gotten into a gatcha game if it wasn’t Star Wars. It’s probably no surprise that I’m failing to find any others that intrigue me.

    Double that! I would quit several years ago if it wasn’t Star Wars... **** EA
  • Well bye bye everyone, I arrived top 1 every day with my jkr Gat, but there between the Malak and the GG at 190k hp, with the Marauder lvl 7 who kill in 5 sec, I can not fight anymore. So I stop. Well done CG.
Sign In or Register to comment.