Nerf the relics before its too late

Replies

• APX_919 wrote: »
    This is Modgate 2.0

Those who remember the golden days of early July 2016 will know this. Those that don't, here's a history lesson. This is when mods came out and for two days the stat boosts were ridiculous. Scavenger Rey with 90k health one shotting Royal Guard even at 110k health. It was the end of many early players (clearly not all, a lot of us kept playing) and mods had to be tuned back to where we recognized them as they stand now (the % boosts especially).

These stats are eerily similar and the results even more so. While these are obtainable more readily than the early mods (only a revealed stat would increase, mods also cost a lot more then) for a few weeks, Arena will be a living nightmare for those unable or unwilling to put in the time and effort to build these.

That makes all this nonsense even worse good god. They have past experience overpowering new gear/content and theyre still oblivious to what they just did. come the f on
  • Leave it alone diversity is back in game ,farm your favorite characters have fun ,no more mirror matches
  • K331 wrote: »
    Leave it alone diversity is back in game ,farm your favorite characters have fun ,no more mirror matches

Ya because you just get steamrolled once you attempt to fight a toon with a high level relic
  • So for my understanding...
    Stats increase doesn't matter that much because speed now is even more important now than ever? Just be 1 speed ahead and oneshot the entire enemy squad.
    You weren't as lucky with your mods as your opponent is now an instant game over?
  • Booooom wrote: »
    New abilities? What?

Yeah pretty much...

https://streamable.com/vti2g

mzrpzznac2z7.jpg

• YaeVizsla wrote: »
    It'll have an initial impact. Spenders will get there first, then everyone else will farm stuff up, then the game will reach a state of equilibrium again with relics as just another part of the game.

Nope. G13 just came out a few months ago and the stat increases between 12 and 13 were already massive. These relics just essentially added G14 to the game and the stat increases are equally as absurd. The average max player right now probably has 3-5 G13 characters, moderate spenders and dolphins maybe like 7-10 or more. Whales are sitting at 30+ and the point you made was valid for G13. It is not valid for this. They added another gear tier increase in less than 6 months. How are non spenders or moderate spenders supposed to ever catch up now? Seriously...I spend a ton on this game and I can tell you right now an awful lot of people are going to be quiting because of this. This was rushed and was released way too soon after G13s release.
  • The sad thing is they won't relieve past bottlenecks because they decided to use carbanti, stun guns, eyeballs etc as gear barriers for the right side g12 pieces.

• uto80lt9ix44.jpeg
    "May the Force be with Me" ~~~~ Sun ZoeZoe the Bug
  • ewlj84mjqxie.gif
    "May the Force be with Me" ~~~~ Sun ZoeZoe the Bug
  • Gorem wrote: »
    Actually, regardless of what CG stated, it was possible to F2P your way to lvl 7 relics day one, if you've played long enough and hoarded for long enough, gaining them was actually quite easy.

Nonsense. Cantina refreshes quickly become prohibitively expensive and there's a daily limit. Even if you have a sizeable crystal and gear hoard (which F2Ps don't get by being wasteful), I don't believe you can finish a level 7 relic in a single day. Nevermind multiple.
    Gorem wrote: »
    I've not done it myself

Clearly not. Why make these assertions then?

• This is designed to prevent catch up and be a spending arms race.

This. No one is going to catch up ever again.
  • A relic 7 vs relic 7 match is the most hilarious thing you have seen every character basically one shots every other character and it all comes down to who gets a turn.

Yeah the damage to survivability ratio of relics is messed up. Lvl 7 relics give like a 100% boost in damage but only like a 20% boost to survivability.

This is like Donald Trump levels of stupid from CG.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Actually, regardless of what CG stated, it was possible to F2P your way to lvl 7 relics day one, if you've played long enough and hoarded for long enough, gaining them was actually quite easy.

Nonsense. Cantina refreshes quickly become prohibitively expensive and there's a daily limit. Even if you have a sizeable crystal and gear hoard (which F2Ps don't get by being wasteful), I don't believe you can finish a level 7 relic in a single day. Nevermind multiple.
    I've not done it myself

Because I know other F2p people who have, that's why I said that, why would I say that Unless I knew?

Do you want me to Seven Relic someone right now? I can right now without spending, you want me too?

These things are broken beyond belief and possible to get easy enough for one or two characters instantly, yet alone the fact you can spend to instantly get THREE to level seven INSTANTLY too for any spender.

Its a spending spree, CG has done it, they finally added in something into the game that makes being F2p pointless. The moment the meta shifts the game is gonna feel it so hard because you can't catch up anymore

You used to be able to catch up, you can kinda catch up currently for now due to hoarding gear for so long, but after this? You HAVE to use Characters with Relics to do anything in game, you go up against a whale now in GAC? You lose, you can't do anything, Relics win.

Because I know other F2p people who have, that's why I said that, why would I say that Unless I knew?

Do you want me to Seven Relic someone right now? I can right now without spending, you want me too?

These things are broken beyond belief and possible to get easy enough for one or two characters instantly, yet alone the fact you can spend to instantly get THREE to level seven INSTANTLY too for any spender.

Its a spending spree, CG has done it, they finally added in something into the game that makes being F2p pointless. The moment the meta shifts the game is gonna feel it so hard because you can't catch up anymore

You used to be able to catch up, you can kinda catch up currently for now due to hoarding gear for so long, but after this? You HAVE to use Characters with Relics to do anything in game, you go up against a whale now in GAC? You lose, you can't do anything, Relics win.

Preach brother.
  • Straegen
    194 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    The moment the meta shifts the game is gonna feel it so hard because you can't catch up anymore

The meta just shifted... we just haven't seen the results yet. DR is probably not a tier 1 team now that R7 has landed. GG R7 already wrecks it on both offense and defense. My R5 GG with crap droids destroyed an R7 DR, Malak, Bast with R2 HK and R4 Marauder.

For all we know R7 Lobot is king.

You could, y'know, farm your own relics. The main limiters are signal data and heat sinks. Six crafted holoprojectors will get you enough heat sinks to get a character to R7. That ain't much to add to an arena team. Those can be banked for the next meta. And signal data's going to rapidly become less of a limiter as people get to farming it.

As to GAC? A maxed relic adds over five thousand GP, unlike G13's couple hundred. That will significantly impact the matchmaking algorithm. People with a lot of high-relic toons will not be regularly matched against people without due to that high GP disparity, and it will bring a spread back to high-end GAC such that the top of established players' rosters stops looking mostly identical to the algorithm looking at the top 80 toons.
    Still not a he.
    You could, y'know, farm your own relics. The main limiters are signal data and heat sinks. Six crafted holoprojectors will get you enough heat sinks to get a character to R7. That ain't much to add to an arena team. Those can be banked for the next meta. And signal data's going to rapidly become less of a limiter as people get to farming it.

As to GAC? A maxed relic adds over five thousand GP, unlike G13's couple hundred. That will significantly impact the matchmaking algorithm. People with a lot of high-relic toons will not be regularly matched against people without due to that high GP disparity, and it will bring a spread back to high-end GAC such that the top of established players' rosters stops looking mostly identical to the algorithm looking at the top 80 toons.

No you could not be more incorrect about gac.

Relics will not impact matchmaking at all, u really think somehow all the g7 relics will fight vs other g7 relics because the extra 5k of gp? Lol that's cute.... 5k for a lvl 7 relic even on 10 characters isn't enough to impact a match with a 300k to 600k gp spread.

What's going to happen is one player will have a relic 7 gg and that extra 5000 gp he has on one toon will kill all 4m of your gp even if you have 80 g13 and he has just one...

No you could not be more incorrect about gac.

Relics will not impact matchmaking at all, u really think somehow all the g7 relics will fight vs other g7 relics because the extra 5k of gp? Lol that's cute.... 5k for a lvl 7 relic even on 10 characters isn't enough to impact a match with a 300k to 600k gp spread.

What's going to happen is one player will have a relic 7 gg and that extra 5000 gp he has on one toon will kill all 4m of your gp even if you have 80 g13 and he has just one...

Yup. Like G13, relics are noy appropriately weighted in the GP calculation. D1 is gonna be a nightmare for anyone who isn't a Kraken.
  • No you could not be more incorrect about gac.

The reason matchmaking broke down at high GPs is the top of a 4 million GP player's roster and the top of a 5 million GP player's roster look similar; maxed or nearly maxed units throughout, with the difference coming in highly usable units below the cutoff.

G13 did not significantly change this because the GP difference between a G12 and a G13 unit is a couple hundred.

With relics, the difference between the kraken and the established F2P is not a few hundred GP per unit. It's thousands. Enough that the algorithm will be able to pick up the difference much more easily.
    Still not a he.
  • Starl0rd
    97 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    nvm...
    Post edited by Starl0rd on
  • Straegen wrote: »
    The moment the meta shifts the game is gonna feel it so hard because you can't catch up anymore

The meta just shifted... we just haven't seen the results yet. DR is probably not a tier 1 team now that R7 has landed. GG R7 already wrecks it on both offense and defense. My R5 GG with crap droids destroyed an R7 DR, Malak, Bast with R2 HK and R4 Marauder.

The meta did not just shift.

It's still DR. Yes, there are good counters. However the majority of players in arena and GAC are using Darth Revan with malak.

It's been a while too. We have now seen Darth Reven event 3 times? Or is it 4 now? And Malak twice.

If you look back at the cadence, the timing for a new meta is soon. It's right around the corner.

Add in Shaak ti has become farmable. Usually when Marquee characters become farmable, it's not long after that; that what you need that character for becomes apparent.

Remeber Revan and Kotor roll out? I have no reason to think they've changed drastically as of late.

It's clear that clones will be needed for an event. Will it be just a LS Geo battle? Or - maybe to unlock a character you would need for a bigger even like the Malak style event they've talked about? We need to unlock both Revans for Malak.

I'm just basing this off previous stuff. It's obviously not official. But my best guess is that new meta is around the corner.

And anyone who spent a lot to get this meta to 7 relic. IS going to need to pay again or just hoard the mats and wait.
  • Straegen wrote: »

The meta did not just shift.

It's still DR. Yes, there are good counters. However the majority of players in arena and GAC are using Darth Revan with malak.

It's been a while too. We have now seen Darth Reven event 3 times? Or is it 4 now? And Malak twice.

If you look back at the cadence, the timing for a new meta is soon. It's right around the corner.

Add in Shaak ti has become farmable. Usually when Marquee characters become farmable, it's not long after that; that what you need that character for becomes apparent.

Remeber Revan and Kotor roll out? I have no reason to think they've changed drastically as of late.

It's clear that clones will be needed for an event. Will it be just a LS Geo battle? Or - maybe to unlock a character you would need for a bigger even like the Malak style event they've talked about? We need to unlock both Revans for Malak.

I'm just basing this off previous stuff. It's obviously not official. But my best guess is that new meta is around the corner.

And anyone who spent a lot to get this meta to 7 relic. IS going to need to pay again or just hoard the mats and wait.

This exactly. This is the Chewbacca of the New meta. Drain everyones coffers first and THEN release the New meta.

• VonZant - you said it better than I could have in less words. Thanks!

I've not done it myself

I want you to R7 Farmboy and report back how OP he is before I do mine. Please? Thanks.
  • Intrapidoo wrote: »
    Still curious as to cg will have any reaction to the mess they created. I assume they wait until they burn alredy and release a "yayy new puzzle" type of nonsense like they usually do, this time tho it may not be enough so started counting the days of the game unless they change it asap and make it more liveable

Tomorrow's Friday the 13th.

Suppose possible for Epic Confrontation or similar unpopular announcement before the weekend to absorb forum backlash.

• Nerf relics to only be usable in pve
  • unpopular opinion here, but i like the relics. It gives me something to work towards. Sure, the stats are a bit over the top, and could be reduced, even slightly( cough cough 11 thousand special attack) but this will keep the people who spend on the game happy, f2p players will get some new content now, as that has been how cg has worked in the past.
    Intrapidoo wrote: »
    I like your positivity about it, but if this doesnt get nerfed the game will end before this equilibrium comes.
    I remember when Territory Battle was the death knell of the game. I remember when the Sith Raid was the death knell of the game. There have been a lot of death knells for this game, but it's still here.
    After everyone's crystal income plummets, ain't that the point? When will you stop defending them? :(
    That's not how this works.

That's not how any of this works.

First of all, for most players crystal income cannot plummet from a change like this; most crystals come from sources other than arena until you're hitting the leader boards, which isn't most players. And until you get to the leaderboards, the dropoff from going down a bracket ain't huge, if they drop at all, and spending time to build back up and get back up ain't that big a deal.

For the F2Ps who are on the top, they'll stay on top the same way they always do; selective hoarding and spending. They already have the gear to buy the scrap. They'll spend crystals on cantina energy the next few days for signal data. They'll get their key arena units to high gear levels and stay on top.

This is not the end of the world, people.

Exactly. Too much doom and gloom

I'm ftp and get 1st in arena. I intend to keep it that way. I already put level 1 or 2 relics on most of my team (my malak is still low stars) so can only go 4 for now. There are a few tgat have gotten to relic 4 or 5. And by today I'm sure there will be some that go to level 7.

I'm limited by cantina energy. So I'll do 3 refreshes a day for that. I have a feeling there isn't enough difference between relic lvl 4 and 7 to make it impossible to climb. If I'm wrong, I have 30k in crystals stashed to fix it. But best to be efficient if possible.