Relics are not fun for a lot of players!

JDIII
1736 posts Member
edited September 2019
A lot of us can’t get our characters off of gear 8 because of the stun gun issue, but now that gears 14+ are out (relics) we will never be able to catch up.
Post edited by Vampire_X on

Replies

• Relics are totally free to play, just have some patience man, in just 124568*√2*π days you will be able to get your 80 GA characters at relic 7 for FREE!
  • they do not care about you catching up, they just wish to milk the whales for few last $$$ ;)
  • Again, the "catching up" argument. Catch up with what, exactly? Your shardmates who started playing at the same time as you? Your GAC opponents who get matched by GP? Unless your shard is extremely whaly, you should be able to do fine, since most others are in the same boat as you.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Again, the "catching up" argument. Catch up with what, exactly? Your shardmates who started playing at the same time as you? Your GAC opponents who get matched by GP? Unless your shard is extremely whaly, you should be able to do fine, since most others are in the same boat as you.

My shard is already full of whales with multiple maxed relics, so yes I do worry about catching up because my daily crystal income is on the line.
    Again, the "catching up" argument. Catch up with what, exactly? Your shardmates who started playing at the same time as you? Your GAC opponents who get matched by GP? Unless your shard is extremely whaly, you should be able to do fine, since most others are in the same boat as you.

My shard is already full of whales with multiple maxed relics, so yes I do worry about catching up because my daily crystal income is on the line.

How full, exactly? Honestly, as a ftp, don't expect to take #1. Or even top 10, for that matter. And if you placed that high until now, congratulations, those are amazing results.
    Nauros wrote: »

How full, exactly? Honestly, as a ftp, don't expect to take #1. Or even top 10, for that matter. And if you placed that high until now, congratulations, those are amazing results.

True that, I'm fine with 100-200 range, full of g13 drevan there...
    Any day under 100 is God's work, or no internet on rest of the shard.
  • I wouldn't worry about relics too much, yet.

I stopped precisely at one level 4 and a few level 1 relics, past that mark they are definitely overpriced. But, unlike the G12 finisher, each level of relic upgrade gives a rather big boost to GP. I see no chance of facing someone in GAC with a lot higher relic count, since you'll easily get 10k+ GP from a level 7 relic.

Again with this catching up..you are not supposed to, neither you need to catch up to someone that upgrades half of their roster to max in several weeks. You are not playing in the same league.
  • JDIII wrote: »
    Catching up with gearing our characters, not getting 1st place all the time.

Why the rush, though? You get there when you get there, no need to lose your sleep over it. As long as you're not lagging behind your shardmates, it doesn't really matter how fast you progress. You will build up some decent base over time, it doesn't look like we are getting new progression levels anytime soon.
  • Great game buried under an absurd gear grind. Several players I know are discussing moving onto another competing platform because CG is basically creating an Everest sized mountain to climb for accounts that aren't fully farmed out.

• So I was actually excited because I thought relics would be something casual and give tiny increases to character stats and be something we can do for fun with leftover gear. +100 health + 100 protection something small like that. Maybe new skins for the characters. I thought theres no way they would be something huge because we just got g13 and the game is not doing so well, so I thought this would be a nice casual feature for everyone to enjoy. ****
  • Agreed. Apparently the lessons learned from the initial 2 days of the release of mods have long since been forgotten.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • My point is that you don't need to rush anywhere, just relax and take it at turtle pace. One step at a time, you're gonna get there eventually, no need to get upset about the distance.
  • Fully agree, CG crossed the line here.
    The gear crunches/walls before haven't been "alleviated", at least not noticeable, and on top this Relic thing.
    I mean ok, but at least the signal data things should drop on all cantina nodes, not on 1 only! I think most are still farming some shards in cantina, that was a real dumb idea CG, not well thought and planned.

Btw. which Mushrooms did you guys eat to implement such colors in the update? :D
    Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining
    My point is that you don't need to rush anywhere, just relax and take it at turtle pace. One step at a time, you're gonna get there eventually, no need to get upset about the distance.

Actually, I think the gear is moving faster than a ftp or dolphin can possibly earn in a day. I don't think there is an actual point in time anymore where you can collect it all because the finish line is moving away faster than we are running.