Initial repercussions of Relics

Replies

• Worst update ever .....
    The conversation rate is an insult....
    1000 gears to have only 1 pieces of craft...
    Are you joking ? Have EA simply implemented a drop rate for this kind of conversion ?
    And the G12 gears required for high level relique ....yd5z7c5izaom.jpg
  • I'm still going to trudge along, but once they start releasing legendaries that require g13 + relics that will be it for me.

Forced gearing is bad enough as it is. Any further and it'll be a step too far for me.
  • Yay, I couldn't wait to make the umpteenth fresh install to make the umpteenth faulty update work and have the umpteenth pay to play stuff implemented in the game, which will bring the umpteenth guildmate to quit. Now it's clear that it wasn't Carrie's fault.
  • It seems to be a progression system that's meant to last for a while, so noone should expect to complete it quickly, especially ftp. Sure, it looks daunting seeing the whole thing at once, but we get there when we get there.
  • for less then a few hours, 3 people from my Arena chat and 2 from my guild have stopped the game...I'm also thinking heavy about that
  • I really appreciate people taking an interest in this post. It’s was not intended as an attack on CG but a platform for the general player base to have their say. We have seen posts like these a thousand times before and no doubt many more after it but I’d like to think that a lot of us care for the game enough and want to see it in a successful ($) and healthy (good for everyone) state.
    Thanks again and keep the opinions coming 👍
  • j6h493bo0014.jpeg

Arena is now gone. GAC will be imbalanced. TW is shot. And now pilots are also getting huge boosts. Krakens have fun with each other. I am done spending any money on this game. Everyone take care
  • Confirm massive quit, well done EA :)
  • Shadroth
    160 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Would love to get a response from anyone at CG in the coming days to address the criticism not justify their decisions with half-baked inference.
  • I had a knee **** reaction to the relics too and it was bad.

Once I actually broke things down it’s using gear and basically energy so it’s just how much catina energy do you use?

I think it’s a far less crash grab than people think. And please stop with the doom and gloom it gets super old.
  • And please stop with the doom and gloom it gets super old.

This, it happens everytime they release something new. New raid, how about some new gear, new legendary or journey toon, new marquee toon, how about some portraits and end game quests, literally anything and the rage quitters come out in full force.

Hell even when they do nothing people get all up in arms about the lack of new content. It would be more comical if it wasn't so sad at the same time.

However, I still have my popcorn, I'm enjoying the show.

P.S. to the people leaving, please update your arena teams with trash on your way out so you don't hold up a spot for those still trying to climb, k thanks bye.
    You can probably assume the majority of what I post is sarcasm, feel free to skip and move along rather than reading...
  • Boah, those signal data should be available on all cantina nodes, not just on one!
    I'm a long time player, but i still haven't finished farming some chars in cantina (as probably most haven't), and now i should decide to farm shards or signal data for relics?
    This beside the usual pain of kyrotecs, G13, G12+, stun guns, carbanti etc., dear CG, i think you crossed the line here, honestly.
    Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining
  • j6h493bo0014.jpeg

Arena is now gone. GAC will be imbalanced. TW is shot. And now pilots are also getting huge boosts. Krakens have fun with each other. I am done spending any money on this game. Everyone take care

GAC should actually get more balanced, since relics have a significant impact on GP. A level 7 relic is worth about 8000 GP, which is a pretty large impact per character on that top 80 calculation.
  • SkylarSong
    158 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Gorem wrote: »
    Jack1210 wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    I’m overwhelmed and distraught and I’m only watching people play and advising right now while I work on my level 26 account 😂. This looks brutal. It feels like everything we’ve seen up until now was just nullified and we are starting over. And holy cow how are new players going to get anywhere near catching up?

Since you started over anyway, why don't you just find a new game for us all to play?

I tried a few. Most are actually less F2P friendly than this one is. Or was? I don’t know now. Honestly I would have never have gotten into a gatcha game if it wasn’t Star Wars. It’s probably no surprise that I’m failing to find any others that intrigue me.

This is what I'm scared of. This game admittedly helped get me more into star wars, but I don't see the light at the end of the tunnel and hope another game can replicate the positives this game had, while also staying star wars

I really wish someone would design a collection type strategy game like this that is a monthly fee or something. I know it will never happen, but I would love for a game to be designed around balance and player enjoyment rather than encouraging spending. Unfortunately the market dictates how games get made and consumers eat this style up.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvuius, go play that, then come to realise that games out there where you can collect a lot, and have A FREAKING LOAD of content, while being completly F2p and possible to get all premium stuff easilly for free, do exist.

Fire Emblem Heroes is the same way

Edit: So is Star Trek Timelines
    Post edited by SkylarSong on
  • Hal_10000
    159 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    If relics has just modestly enhanced character abilities, it would have been fine. People would be excited about them, whales would pay for them but it wouldn't break the game. But by making them so overpowering -- level 7 relic DOUBLES Darth Revan's damage -- it's basically creates a schism. We're now either whales are we are collectors. There's no in--between anymore. PvP is dead if you're not willing to spend. And now we know it's only a matter of time before something ELSE gets added.
  • Drazhar wrote: »
    Yay, I couldn't wait to make the umpteenth fresh install to make the umpteenth faulty update work and have the umpteenth pay to play stuff implemented in the game, which will bring the umpteenth guildmate to quit. Now it's clear that it wasn't Carrie's fault.

I don't know why everyone blamed Carrie. It always felt painfully clear it's just how CG/EA ran the show, and the lead didn't really have the power to change it.
  • lol i was planning to spend on getting shaak ti to 7 stars, now not so much
  • This is my first forum post, ever and also my last. Ive been playing since launch. i never REALLY thought about quiting. i love SW , and the game has been a great time filler. but this.... this is ludicrous. like mods 1.0 the idea is ok, use old gear thats doing nothing. use cantina energy that was doing nothing. great i can get behind that. but the stats are 100% stronger if not more than they should be. the only new fun content in years has been GA. and this just destroys any fun in that. ships are still a waste of time , only good for crystals. no new raids in ages. geo TB is fine but nothing new just a reskin.... time to find something better to spend my time on. good luck to all those who stay
  • jfears2 wrote: »
    And please stop with the doom and gloom it gets super old.

This, it happens everytime they release something new. New raid, how about some new gear, new legendary or journey toon, new marquee toon, how about some portraits and end game quests, literally anything and the rage quitters come out in full force.

Hell even when they do nothing people get all up in arms about the lack of new content. It would be more comical if it wasn't so sad at the same time.

P.S. to the people leaving, please update your arena teams with trash on your way out so you don't hold up a spot for those still trying to climb, k thanks bye.

When all of us casual spenders and FTP leave the game enjoy just playing against other whales and krackens 😂
  • Flugsvamp
    180 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Actually Relics is not the main problem (they are a part) , it's getting characters to G13 first. The gear crunch is now worse than its ever been and there is no relief in sight.

All while CG sitting in their office and watching the $$ counters and high fiving each other.

Communicate with the community and levelset how you expect this to work.
    You've successfully thrown out years of progress and if you spend some $$$ you can R7 GG and throw in some junk droids and sit and watch the F2P murder themselves trying to beat you.

• jfears2 wrote: »
    And please stop with the doom and gloom it gets super old.

When all of us casual spenders and FTP leave the game enjoy just playing against other whales and krackens 😂

All of them are not leaving, you just think they are. This happens after every new content release, guess what everyone doesn't leave. Lots threaten, some leave, most people keep playing.

And if only whales are left then that's fine. They pay to get there, I don't have that luxury, but I still enjoy the game, even if I will never get ahead in PVP. There are lots of other aspects of the game that are not PVP related.
    You can probably assume the majority of what I post is sarcasm, feel free to skip and move along rather than reading...
  • JediMindTricks
    1077 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    I wish Cg would quit added stuff no one even asked for.

The amount of hoops we need to now jump through to completely max a toon has become ridiculous.

Farm 330 shards...
    Farm mods.....
    New gear for toons added recently(kryo techs needed for any new toon at g7 and 8 is stupid)

Now relics????

I get it...it’s a collection game but come on man.....where and when the hell does it end???

Anyone that spends money or is strictly free to play has to agree that the stuff we have to now collect just to get the full potential of a characters power is dumb.

I couldn’t imagine being a new player nor could I imagine 3.5 years ago the game I once knew and loved would become the game that it is today.

It’s so obvious that CG keeps creating this kind of content for the sole purpose of making money(which is fine because it takes money to keep a business running).....but come on dude.....where does it end???

I would love to know the cost to now upgraded a single toon from 330 shards to Relic7. I’d be willing to bet it’s in the hundreds.

Now I seen a video that 7*purple mods and vehicles are on the way.

This game has changed man.....but I honestly don’t see it changing for the better as far as the players and community is concerned.
  • For the first time in a LONG TIME, I'm actually quite down on this game. The thought of grinding new pieces of gear just makes me want to dip my phone in a glass of blue milk. I just can't even right now. It's like my phone screen just Force-pulled the last few ounces of remaining joy I derive from this game outta my fingers.

I'm going to walk away for a few hours before I hastily uninstall. If anyone needs me, I'll be spiking my blue milk and binge-watching Cougar Town.
  • j6h493bo0014.jpeg

GAC should actually get more balanced, since relics have a significant impact on GP. A level 7 relic is worth about 8000 GP, which is a pretty large impact per character on that top 80 calculation.

Wish it was the same with TW
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Gorem wrote: »
    Jack1210 wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    I’m overwhelmed and distraught and I’m only watching people play and advising right now while I work on my level 26 account 😂. This looks brutal. It feels like everything we’ve seen up until now was just nullified and we are starting over. And holy cow how are new players going to get anywhere near catching up?

Since you started over anyway, why don't you just find a new game for us all to play?

I tried a few. Most are actually less F2P friendly than this one is. Or was? I don’t know now. Honestly I would have never have gotten into a gatcha game if it wasn’t Star Wars. It’s probably no surprise that I’m failing to find any others that intrigue me.

This is what I'm scared of. This game admittedly helped get me more into star wars, but I don't see the light at the end of the tunnel and hope another game can replicate the positives this game had, while also staying star wars

I really wish someone would design a collection type strategy game like this that is a monthly fee or something. I know it will never happen, but I would love for a game to be designed around balance and player enjoyment rather than encouraging spending. Unfortunately the market dictates how games get made and consumers eat this style up.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvuius, go play that, then come to realise that games out there where you can collect a lot, and have A FREAKING LOAD of content, while being completly F2p and possible to get all premium stuff easilly for free, do exist.

I played FFBE and the main issue with that game is that there is too much content(all in limited time events). For a phone game it eats way too much of your time.

The Irony is that's the same reason I stopped, way to much to do to keep up, Had to start ignoring the constant events every week for new content, and just enjoy the game for a bit, before taking a break and realising I've missed a lot :D
  • Silence from the Devs on this speaks louder than anything, the shut up and let the whining run it’s course mentality in full effect. It’s a shame this was once a great game, greedy pigs ruined it.