Any relic that's not simply the toon's weapon?

Prev1
Jack1210
771 posts Member
edited September 2019
I feel like a lot of characters could have had an item as opposed to simply just their weapon, thoughts?

Edit: I see Young Han, Daka, and Droideka's aren't, any others?

Replies

• Very very few. Kylo has Vader’s mask. Palestine his....cane I think.
  • Kylo Ren's (Masked) is Darth Vaders Head it appears
  • Revans mask? Nihiluses? Kalligs?
    No. Weapon, weapon, double weapon, tripple weapon...
    Devs definitely didnt overworked while choosing reliques :/
  • Is that Obi wans and anakins lighsabers I see as GGs relics? Lazy!
  • What's Wampa's?
  • Just a symbol of their weapons, not very creative...
    :/
  • Hermit Yoda has his walking stick instead of his lightsaber.

But yeah, serious lack of imagination. It's also a strain on whatever is the concept that related to "suspension of disbelief" in this context. These are supposed to be "legendary" items -- they're even named "relics" as if there were things that future generations would want to preserve these, either private collectors spending loads of money to acquire them or museums putting them on display.

Do these items really merit that treatment? Sure some of them, but consistently?

At least you should be able to tap on the relic and get some fluff text about how this is a super-special radioactive wampa claw that belonged to a wampa that tore apart a Star Destroyer from the inside while being transported to the Coruscant Zoo or whatever.

I just can't get behind the idea that every single toon has some "relic" without something extra in the game to explain this and hype the item. Too many of the items are just ... boring. And that's just what you'd expect when not every toon can be special -- the equipment of every single character also isn't going to always be special.

Give us an in-game rationale for treating the equipment as special, or the whole "relic" concept just ... doesn't work.
  • A few of the NS - Talzin's Crystal Ball, Daka's Orb of Resurrection, Spirit's Water of Life, Zombie's Ichor Magic.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • @MagicMatthews99

Doesn't the Water of Life belong to Talia?
  • Tusken Shaman has its skull hat - which honestly I didn't even know was a skull hat until now.
    But it's actually kind of sad how little imagination went into the relics.
    Like, what about Poe's jacket for Finn? Isn't that important? Or what about Phasma's staff? That could lead to a new ability for her!
    Even simple things like a pilot's helmet or a cloak would make the relics seem 1000% more interesting than "X weapon"
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • Yeah, I was expecting better. Even characters I don't care about could have better. I was expecting Rose to have that necklace of hers. Old Ben should have had a bottle of something, the way Obi-Wan is always drinking.
  • Farmboy Luke = blue milk cup.
    Gamorrean Guard = drool.
    KRU = top half of Snoke.
    Rose Tico = crushing disappointment.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • @Elebric_4506
    I was expecting Rose to have that necklace of hers.

YESSSSSSS!!!!!!

It shouldn't be just anything that does damage. It should be something MEANINGFUL to the character. Rose's necklace is perfect. And @Alijar1 is right, Poe's jacket is perfect for Finn.

Storm Trooper Han can have 5 crates of money (hey, it motivates him to do his best!), while Farmboy should have those Macrobinoculars - after all, wasn't that the criticism? That he was always gazing off to the horizon?

That's character, that is.
    Even simple things like a pilot's helmet or a cloak

Cloaks for BOTH Landos! Bright yellow "Gambler's Flashy Cloak" for young Lando, and "Playboy Blue Cloak" for Bespin Lando.

Revan and Maul could have holochrons. The Emperor could have a clear Khyber crystal ("SuperLaser-quality Purified Khyber Crystal") that was used in the lab tests for the first, small proof-of-concept SuperLaser before the first Death Star was built.

But nope. Lightsaber. Another lightsaber. Another lightsaber. Whoohoo. Is there anything special about any of these such that one sith couldn't drop one Relic lightsaber and pick up another and get its benefits? No? Nothing unique to the character at all?

Well then. That was a bit of a let down.
  • Ya, with all the posts with the devs refering to a "unique style of leveling", I totally thought each character would have their own relic. Not "blaster", or "lightsaber". Kinda lame. There are other unique things about the character than their weapon. Although mechanically I guess the stat boosts are unique to each character which is cool.
  • Is there somewhere a guy can go to see what each relic is? I had a quick look around swgoh.gg but wasn't able to find anything.

Thanks in advance!
  • I was honestly expecting so much better with these. Especially with all the buildup. Super lame execution, guys. @CG_SBCrumb
  • Does a relic give a new animation? Like Luke's is a light saber. Once you get the relic does it look different on the character screen? How about the fight scenes.I mean would have been cool if say for example Hermit Yoda didn't have a cane in his pic or fights, but you could add the relic and bam there it is. Would give more meaning to them getting a relic as opposed to just saying hey you have a relic now.

While we're on the creativity idea instead of just a massive power boost it may have been more original to give an ability that does something new and you increase it's level as you increase the relic. Like for Luke you get a yoda backpack and the new move is to call yoda on your back to help out with maybe some force buffs. I don't know. I'm only on one cup of coffee and I feel like i have better ideas that this money grab. Then you release relics slowly over time as you come up with creative ideas for what special ability adds value to the character and new content is rolled out gradually. But meh. Whatever. This gets them cash too I guess.

As for the OP I think C3PO doesn't have a weapon. Just his wiring guts. His floating throne may have been better and coupled with my above maybe it would have summoned an ewok ally to the ally spot. But no. CGs way works great........ Let's just allow GG to one shot all or add 250,000 health to JKR. Real creative.
  • Literally just consult some Star Wars super fans and let them pick these relics. Or at least vote. It's amazing how it seems such little effort was put into such a huge paywall. That's frightening
  • YKMisfit wrote: »
    Is there somewhere a guy can go to see what each relic is? I had a quick look around swgoh.gg but wasn't able to find anything.

Thanks in advance!

You can sort of see in every character screen, they’re unlabeled but they’re all just blasters and lightsabers anyways.

I was hoping for some bigger changes, maybe even aesthetic ones like Grievous getting his cape.
  • @MagicMatthews99

Doesn't the Water of Life belong to Talia?

No, it's just a NS artefact.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Finch1221 wrote: »
    JaggedJ wrote: »
    What's Wampa's?

His F-ing claw it's shameful and shows a complete lack of imagination JTR and JKA literally have the same lightsaber

lol that's hilarious. Then again what would it be? The tauntaun leg he was chewing on in the cave?
  • o540kchksbez.jpg

OMG it IS the tauntaun leg! lolololololol
    What's Wampa's?

His F-ing claw it's shameful and shows a complete lack of imagination JTR and JKA literally have the same lightsaber

Is it not Anakin’s old lightsaber that Rey gets in the movie? Pretty sure this one was deliberate and technically accurate. Overall I do agree they aren’t very creative though.
  • I have really only looked at the ones i have at g13. So mostly lightsabers and a blaster.

I would have though revan's mask woukd have been his relic. It was more important lore wise than his lightsaber.

But they just added a generic weapon to most characters. They might as well of added g14 and just made the requirements be the same as the relics. The weapon being there adds nothing.
  • I have really only looked at the ones i have at g13. So mostly lightsabers and a blaster.

I would have though revan's mask woukd have been his relic. It was more important lore wise than his lightsaber.

But they just added a generic weapon to most characters. They might as well of added g14 and just made the requirements be the same as the relics. The weapon being there adds nothing.

But they don't have to muck about with those color rings around the character portrait anymore, so that's an advantage.

But they don't have to muck about with those color rings around the character portrait anymore, so that's an advantage.

Yeah there's that..

It would have been neat if there were events to unlock the relics. That went with the characters. Like you have to beat it with that character in your party to get the relic.
    What's Wampa's?

It should be his arm that Luke cut off