Where is this headed?

Replies

• @VonZant - the times I've felt burned out I've found a change of scenery to be helpful. Go find a new guild and light a dumpster fire in your current one on your way out. They're probably holding you back anyway.
  • jhbuchholz wrote: »
    @VonZant - the times I've felt burned out I've found a change of scenery to be helpful. Go find a new guild and light a dumpster fire in your current one on your way out. They're probably holding you back anyway.

@jhbuchholz Now this is an idea!
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    giphy.gif
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • VonZant wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    If their Q&A answers on the subject don’t satisfy you I’m not sure there’s anything they could realistically say that would.

@Liath Q&A talks about requiring Relics for new content. That part I understand.

It also talks about plan for a hopeful influx of new players and plans for them after episode IX.

It does not talk about veteran players in in between.

This answer and the one above it are pretty on point to what you said you were looking for.

v91l73vpwwjb.png
  • Yeah.

Saw that. The whole "checks in the mail later" thing hasnt worked out so well so far, I don't think.

Why did they do this all at once? Gear stockpiles are going down even more with Relics.

Again - whats this leading to? That hasn't been answered with words, but it has been answered with actions. Which do you believe?

• Their definition of easing the gear crunch is slipping 3 gear salvages a day through challenges and events that randomly drop 4-5 salvages from a pool of gear. Sure CG, your ewok invasion event that drops 4 stun gun salvages every 2-3 times the event comes around is really gonna save my 50 characters who need 50 salvages each at their current gear levels.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    JDIII wrote: »
    Ftp is in trouble is where this is headed!

Not just FTP.

Its quite simply an escalation.

Some guy (CG Arsenic or CG Nightshade or whatever - the one that tells us how much gear that we are getting and how happy we should be about it - right before they dilute our ability to get it or increase its need by 1000 fold) somewhere mathed it and decided that they can lose X% of their player base as long as the top Y% remains engaged and spends a lot of money. Or something very similar to that.

I asked the question earlier and was just kinda half thinking about it, but with todays Relic Rampage, think the new guy came from the "Customer Engagement and Retention" section of their other "newer, but totally not our priority" game?. I mean maybe thats not the actual section name, but its close to that. Science!

****. And I have had such fun and met some great people.
    Post edited by VonZant on
  • The game is heading where some of us foresaw and got insulted for it: they're just patting the heads of addicted whales that need new stuff to waste money on. They've clearly cut the new players away from the scheme, they've even simplified the character interface to make it more "expert player friendly". I mean, I found the button to search for character shards just randomly touching the spot where it was before.
  • It's leading to a Pay to play game ...
    All new toons will be stuck at G8 with the new Kyros P2P gear. Once you have paid to reach G13, you will have to pay again ...
    After 3 years of Game. I only have 1 gear 13..
    Next update will only be available for toons with level 7 relics...
    And at the same time, their drop rate for the new content will be negative ....
  • Fredy5 wrote: »
    It's leading to a Pay to play game ...
    All new toons will be stuck at G8 with the new Kyros P2P gear. Once you have paid to reach G13, you will have to pay again ...
    After 3 years of Game. I only have 1 gear 13..
    Next update will only be available for toons with level 7 relics...
    And at the same time, their drop rate for the new content will be negative ....

Nothing about this is pay to play only. Pay to get it sooner sure. But that's nothing new.

The fact that you have played 3 years and only have one g13 doesn't prove anything.
    I have played around the same amount of time (3 years in November so actually a little less) but I have six g13 and a few dozen more that are only one or two pieces away.

The new relics are gated mostly behind the signal data which is farmable on cantina so only a matter of time to farm it. It would be better if it had it's own energy or wete on nodes with shards to give newer players an easier time but I guess we can't have everything.

Your assertion that kryos are ptp and will keep players at g8 is simply absurd. You get 3 a day for dailies. That's 90 a month. Not a lot but most characters only need 100 for their g13 finisher and none at lower gear levels. A few new chatacters need them sooner. Darth revan, malak, padme, and shak ti specifically.

None of those toons are easy to get early game. 3 are characters that require months of farming multiple characters to 5 or 7 stars. That takes months. In that time you get several hundred kyros just from dailies. They are also farmable if you want them even faster.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    VonZant wrote: »
    Yeah.

Saw that. The whole "checks in the mail later" thing hasnt worked out so well so far, I don't think.

Why did they do this all at once? Gear stockpiles are going down even more with Relics.

Again - whats this leading to? That hasn't been answered with words, but it has been answered with actions. Which do you believe?

Like I said, they answered the question, you just don’t like the answer and/or refuse to believe them. Demanding an answer isn’t the correct approach in that circumstance.

I believe that waiting to see what happens is an appropriate reaction at this point.
  • Nothing about this is pay to play only. Pay to get it sooner sure. But that's nothing new.

Really, count your useless gears that is needed at every relic level.
    To Max one toon at 7 level relic, you will need 7000 useless gears at least.
    Sorry, but if I had all my toons at G13, I only have enough useless gears to bring 4 toons at Max ...
    3 years of farming for 4 toons..
    What will you do when you don't have anymore useless gears ? Wait for 1 more year ?

Stop finding excuses and do simple Math to convert it in years of farming.. the game will end before..

Nothing about this is pay to play only. Pay to get it sooner sure. But that's nothing new.

Sorry, but if I had all my toons at G13, I only have enough useless gears to bring 4 toons at Max ...
    What will you do when you don't have anymore useless gears ? Wait for 1 more year ?

Stop finding excuses and do simple Math to convert it in years of farming.. the game will end before..

This^. Once we run out, the biggest gear crunch in this games history will commence! May the odds be in your favor!
  • Liath wrote: »
    Yeah.

Like I said, they answered the question, you just don’t like the answer and/or refuse to believe them. Demanding an answer isn’t the correct approach in that circumstance.

I believe that waiting to see what happens is an appropriate reaction at this point.

@Liath Yes agreed. So I shall take a break and see what happens.

But what do the following things suggest?:

Consolidation of bottleneck gear on 1 energy.
    Promising "awsome thing" later and not giving details.

Those two data points tell me that they arent going to start handing out more (relevant) gear to get to g13 and that "awesome thing" may not be so awesome. Perhaps it will involve the pay mechanic? Perhaps they will give out gear to make it appear it will be easier but it won't be the bottleneck gear.

I'm just guessing. We will see.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Fredy5 wrote: »
    Sorry, but if I had all my toons at G13

But you don't and you won't. And that's ok.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH

I have over 7000 of many kinds of useless gear. And I'm sure it'll eventually run out. But in that time you still get more from challenges, raids, and many areas of the game. It's a bit soon to see how long it'll be until gear becomes the bottle neck rather than signal data. For whales probably quite soon. For ftp not so soon I'd guess since most ftp that have g13 have been playing for 3 years or more to have a significant number of toons at g13.

If you've played that long, you should have far more than 7k in extra gear. Unless of course you didn't do the mace challenge because you felt you didn't need the gear. But that's a player decision.

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »
    Yeah.

@Liath Yes agreed. So I shall take a break and see what happens.

But what do the following things suggest?:

Consolidation of bottleneck gear on 1 energy.
    Promising "awsome thing" later and not giving details.

Those two data points tell me that they arent going to start handing out more (relevant) gear to get to g13 and that "awesome thing" may not be so awesome. Perhaps it will involve the pay mechanic? Perhaps they will give out gear to make it appear it will be easier but it won't be the bottleneck gear.

I'm just guessing. We will see.

I assume you are talking about removing stun guns from fleet nodes? For me that was a wholly irrelevant change since I had never once farmed stun guns from fleet nodes, and overall the change was extremely positive. (Cheaper energy/refreshes are terrific and g12+ is a new bottleneck with finishers/relics, which is now farmable on a different energy.) Placing the new signal modifiers on cantina was also a positive for me as somebody who has run out of characters to farm there.

I have over 7000 of many kinds of useless gear. And I'm sure it'll eventually run out. But in that time you still get more from challenges, raids, and many areas of the game. It's a bit soon to see how long it'll be until gear becomes the bottle neck rather than signal data. For whales probably quite soon. For ftp not so soon I'd guess since most ftp that have g13 have been playing for 3 years or more to have a significant number of toons at g13.

If you've played that long, you should have far more than 7k in extra gear. Unless of course you didn't do the mace challenge because you felt you didn't need the gear. But that's a player decision.

From what I have seen in a few vids, the gear at tiers 5-7 for a relic is far from useless, it is g11+ gear. Unless I am remembering incorrectly (too lazy to go watch again).
  • So many complaints.

G13 didn't add enough gp so they make relics to add more gp and people complain.

People have been asking for a way to use extra useless gear for years. They finally make a way to use it and now people complain because they will eventually run out.
  • Your assertion that kryos are ptp and will keep players at g8 is simply absurd. You get 3 a day for dailies. That's 90 a month. Not a lot but most characters only need 100 for their g13 finisher and none at lower gear levels. A few new chatacters need them sooner. Darth revan, malak, padme, and shak ti specifically.
    Great, Shak ti will be G9 in 1 month and G12 in 4 monthes ....
    But only if I don't use Kyros somewhere else to G13 ...
    And all new characters will be built like this..... P2Play ...

From what I have seen in a few vids, the gear at tiers 5-7 for a relic is far from useless, it is g11+ gear. Unless I am remembering incorrectly (too lazy to go watch again).

That is a true statement. I went through and locked all the gear I have under 500 of so i don't accidentally spend it. And at higher tiers, I have far less excess. Though I do have some g12 fully crafted pieces I get from hstr that I have a lot of (not 7000 but a few hundred salvage or a handful of fully crafted ones). Some are needed by 0 characters. They are the mk4 stun guns of g12.

I haven't gotten enough signal data to worry about that yet. But I'm sure most people that are active in hstr and other events that give out high end gear have enough for at least a couple characters.

Thise that sit out raids and post a zero probably won't. And even if you do, eventually, you'll have to make a choice on whether to put a g12 piece on a character or upgrade a relic. That's no different than the old gearing system except that you have a range of gear to choose from for relics. And that's a goid thing.
    Your assertion that kryos are ptp and will keep players at g8 is simply absurd. You get 3 a day for dailies. That's 90 a month. Not a lot but most characters only need 100 for their g13 finisher and none at lower gear levels. A few new chatacters need them sooner. Darth revan, malak, padme, and shak ti specifically.

You specifically mentioned new players though. New players will take more than 4 months to even unlock shak ti. She's on a ship hard node lvl 5. It takes time to build a fleet that can take on that node.

But yes, there will be a bottleneck for veteran players that already have several g12 characters and can easily unlock new characters.

I still need another kyro on malak, one or 2 on padme, and all of shak ti. But that's no different than carbontis. You need a lot of them but get several a month.

Kryo are also rewarded in tb so that helps to. And if you are impatient, you can farm them. After playimg for 3 years, I don't have any super vital hard node farms so I farm gear. And if you are really impatient, there's spending money or earned crystals.

They aren't going to make it where you can gear a new character to g13 instantly without spending money or crystals. So I don't know why you exoect them to.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    1) release General Anakin (maybe new meta even though it's gonna be short I guess due to EP9 on the horizon)
    2) introduce the new mods (another cash grab, yay)
    3) reduce crystal rewards from both arenas
    4) add crystal rewards to GAC ranking (and don't you dare to think that it's going to compensate the arena rewards that got we every day)
    5) get enough g13 + high relics chars or just forget about being in the really competetive area

Game is p2w again and it's only getting worse. I wonder how long the game's going to survive when even more and more whales and krakens are quitting. More spenders quit --> revenue goes down --> EA forces CG to do more cash grabs to appease shareholders --> more people quit --> rinse and repeat. Just a matter of time the game gets shut down and we start over with GoH 2.0 (well, I definitely wouldn't start over again).
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg

I still need another kyro on malak, one or 2 on padme, and all of shak ti. But that's no different than carbontis. You need a lot of them but get several a month.
    No difference with Carabanti ?
    Are you playing this game ?
    Don't you know that you drop Carabanti in challenges ? With luck, you can get 50 catabantis per week ...
    Fredy5 wrote: »

No difference with Carabanti ?
    Are you playing this game ?
    Don't you know that you drop Carabanti in challenges ? With luck, you can get 50 catabantis per week ...

Yeah and you get over 20 a week of kryos just from dailies. And more characters need carbontis at lower gear. So, yes they are comparable.
  • So many complaints.

G13 didn't add enough gp so they make relics to add more gp and people complain.

People have been asking for a way to use extra useless gear for years. They finally make a way to use it and now people complain because they will eventually run out.

Ugh it’s not using useless gear!!!! Why are people saying this? Tiers 1-3 use useless gear. When you get to tier 4, it’s bottleneck gear. Tier 5-7 is rare gear. Wake up man
  • So many complaints.

Ugh it’s not using useless gear!!!! Why are people saying this? Tiers 1-3 use useless gear. When you get to tier 4, it’s bottleneck gear. Tier 5-7 is rare gear. Wake up man

Not all g12 gear is equally needed yes the higher tiers require harder to get gear. But if you've done hstr very long, you no doubt have hundreds of some g12 salvage because it isn't the right piece. Now I have a place to use it. In the future, I can use the g12+ pieces I need to get characters to g13 and use the extra that I don't for relics.

Not a bad thing.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    So many complaints.

Not all g12 gear is equally needed yes the higher tiers require harder to get gear. But if you've done hstr very long, you no doubt have hundreds of some g12 salvage because it isn't the right piece. Now I have a place to use it. In the future, I can use the g12+ pieces I need to get characters to g13 and use the extra that I don't for relics.

Not a bad thing.

Except mk12 stun guns. Which they left out just to make me mad.