Nerf the relics before its too late

Replies

• VonZant wrote: »
    Straegen wrote: »
    Gorem wrote: »
    The moment the meta shifts the game is gonna feel it so hard because you can't catch up anymore

The meta just shifted... we just haven't seen the results yet. DR is probably not a tier 1 team now that R7 has landed. GG R7 already wrecks it on both offense and defense. My R5 GG with crap droids destroyed an R7 DR, Malak, Bast with R2 HK and R4 Marauder.

For all we know R7 Lobot is king.

The meta did not just shift.

It's still DR. Yes, there are good counters. However the majority of players in arena and GAC are using Darth Revan with malak.

It's been a while too. We have now seen Darth Reven event 3 times? Or is it 4 now? And Malak twice.

If you look back at the cadence, the timing for a new meta is soon. It's right around the corner.

Add in Shaak ti has become farmable. Usually when Marquee characters become farmable, it's not long after that; that what you need that character for becomes apparent.

Remeber Revan and Kotor roll out? I have no reason to think they've changed drastically as of late.

It's clear that clones will be needed for an event. Will it be just a LS Geo battle? Or - maybe to unlock a character you would need for a bigger even like the Malak style event they've talked about? We need to unlock both Revans for Malak.

I'm just basing this off previous stuff. It's obviously not official. But my best guess is that new meta is around the corner.

And anyone who spent a lot to get this meta to 7 relic. IS going to need to pay again or just hoard the mats and wait.

This exactly. This is the Chewbacca of the New meta. Drain everyones coffers first and THEN release the New meta.

Except it’s not a short term drain. Relics + G13 is a long term solution to people hoarding crystals for the next legendary character. You can still do it, but you are going to miss out on a lot in the meantime if you are saving.
  • Intrapidoo wrote: »
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Intrapidoo wrote: »
    I like your positivity about it, but if this doesnt get nerfed the game will end before this equilibrium comes.
    I remember when Territory Battle was the death knell of the game. I remember when the Sith Raid was the death knell of the game. There have been a lot of death knells for this game, but it's still here.
    After everyone's crystal income plummets, ain't that the point? When will you stop defending them? :(
    That's not how this works.

That's not how any of this works.

First of all, for most players crystal income cannot plummet from a change like this; most crystals come from sources other than arena until you're hitting the leader boards, which isn't most players. And until you get to the leaderboards, the dropoff from going down a bracket ain't huge, if they drop at all, and spending time to build back up and get back up ain't that big a deal.

For the F2Ps who are on the top, they'll stay on top the same way they always do; selective hoarding and spending. They already have the gear to buy the scrap. They'll spend crystals on cantina energy the next few days for signal data. They'll get their key arena units to high gear levels and stay on top.

This is not the end of the world, people.

I just went against a lvl2 relic gg with 140k hp and lost after spending the last 5 months specifically hoarding for 1 top notch meta team so sorry but thats disgusting.

what team were you using. GG is a counter for darth revan. This was true before relics. I usually switch in a ep traya team if I see a gg team in arena. They handle him much better. I doubt relics will make gg invincible.
  • Him after $200+9qj0ox1v9j92.jpg

Mev89jdcolz389.jpg

Resultwc97tg6p32zo.jpg

Moral of the story? Save your money kids

Nice. Although still not sure why you didn't put the level 1 relics on. They ate essentially free.
    I like your positivity about it, but if this doesnt get nerfed the game will end before this equilibrium comes.
    I remember when Territory Battle was the death knell of the game. I remember when the Sith Raid was the death knell of the game. There have been a lot of death knells for this game, but it's still here.
    After everyone's crystal income plummets, ain't that the point? When will you stop defending them? :(

First of all, for most players crystal income cannot plummet from a change like this; most crystals come from sources other than arena until you're hitting the leader boards, which isn't most players. And until you get to the leaderboards, the dropoff from going down a bracket ain't huge, if they drop at all, and spending time to build back up and get back up ain't that big a deal.

For the F2Ps who are on the top, they'll stay on top the same way they always do; selective hoarding and spending. They already have the gear to buy the scrap. They'll spend crystals on cantina energy the next few days for signal data. They'll get their key arena units to high gear levels and stay on top.

Exactly. Too much doom and gloom

I'm ftp and get 1st in arena. I intend to keep it that way. I already put level 1 or 2 relics on most of my team (my malak is still low stars) so can only go 4 for now. There are a few tgat have gotten to relic 4 or 5. And by today I'm sure there will be some that go to level 7.

I'm limited by cantina energy. So I'll do 3 refreshes a day for that. I have a feeling there isn't enough difference between relic lvl 4 and 7 to make it impossible to climb. If I'm wrong, I have 30k in crystals stashed to fix it. But best to be efficient if possible.

f2p with 30k stash? Ye sure kiss their **** if thats what you like

You don't think it's possible to save 30k in crystals as a ftp? Also ye isn't a word.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/ye#English

Exactly. Too much doom and gloom

I'm ftp and get 1st in arena. I intend to keep it that way. I already put level 1 or 2 relics on most of my team (my malak is still low stars) so can only go 4 for now. There are a few tgat have gotten to relic 4 or 5. And by today I'm sure there will be some that go to level 7.

I'm limited by cantina energy. So I'll do 3 refreshes a day for that. I have a feeling there isn't enough difference between relic lvl 4 and 7 to make it impossible to climb. If I'm wrong, I have 30k in crystals stashed to fix it. But best to be efficient if possible.

f2p with 30k stash? Ye sure kiss their **** if thats what you like

You don't think it's possible to save 30k in crystals as a ftp? Also ye isn't a word.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/ye#English

Putting middle english words in a modern english sentence is still bad grammar.
  • All they need to do to fix this mess is make relics a separate progression line that allows the highest upgrades at later gear levels. If I can relic 5 my gear 12s, they may actually have a chance. Now anything below G13 is useless. G13s basically get a freebie at relic 1 which immediately increases the disparity. Anything after that starts to get crazy...
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Kopfschuss wrote: »
    Reptile wrote: »
    Yep, characters got a lot stronger as was expected. Not sure why people are so surprised.

No one's claiming to be surprised....honestly, we knew it was going to be bad, but were just hoping it wouldn't.

ua63aywxc0xo.png
  • I defend CG a lot (more than I probably should). I was holding out hope with Relics. This is a load of garbage. There is no chance that this game is going to be stable anymore. Level 7 relics need to be nerfed back. Anyone without having all characters at 7* on Cantina now have the impossible decision to try to build more teams or to try to stay close to the top tier teams.
    Looking for an amazing new guild? Check out Boba's Allience: discord.gg/trr93Ty
  • The best thing about relics is as soon as everyone that’s going to spend on them does so.... they will unlock the rest of the relic tiers. Then they can spend money some more. Can’t wait!
  • The relics are good, with the relics we can 4/4 gtb.
    Just the relics came early then expected.
    Also what you want? a boring game without any update?
    If you dont like quit the game. (if you can)
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    It'll have an initial impact. Spenders will get there first, then everyone else will farm stuff up, then the game will reach a state of equilibrium again with relics as just another part of the game.

Here i'd typically agree with you but as a f2p or slightly minor spender who has pushed this mantra for my entire two years playing, this is not true anymore. I've tracked things, calculated farms planned things out for as long as i've played this game to keep pace as best as possible as f2p and I was dumbfounded by the relic release this early and the massive paywall for whales and timewall for f2p. As someone who has kept up fairly well f2p wise with g13's I can't imagine how i'm going to push up my relics and keep g12ing new teams for the new TB's and g13ing key characters. You can't have it all as f2p but with the pacing of the game I expect I should be able to keep up with g12ing most teams I plan to use, G13 key characters on the special use teams and now i'd expect to have to relic those g13's but you literally can't do it all while maintaining farms. And if you cut corners on relics you're left in the dust. So I guess the corner cutting is leaving most of the team at g11 now and g13ing key characters with relics? Idk this pacing of power creep has been astounding and here they are talking about new modding level ups coming? even if they dragged that out for another 3 months i doubt you'd have enough time to catch up. The game as it is now feels like they are at a leveling off and maybe slight decrease in overall revenue. EA wants them to keep that pace and in order to do so they have to bleed the whales dry. Doing that they're going to kill the f2p base of the game. Assuming they can keep the whales paying without a base of f2p players thats fine but i think they're going to kill the game by this time next year or by the following summer if they keep this pace.
  • Pages and pages of discontent. My guild lost two of our biggest hitters today, quitting due to the relics. This is after losing 4 in the last two months. I wanted to stay positive despite all the dissent, to wait and see how it all shakes out. But it just doesn't look good. The last time I saw discontent this bad, STR had just been released, our guild lost a lot of members and I was asked to step up and be an officer. I hope some will stick around, because as Bulldog has said, there aren't many good games out there.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • I feel like I can not voice my opinion about Relics without being banned or warned. Where am I suppose to express my discontent with CG's actions?
  • Zolaz wrote: »
    I feel like I can not voice my opinion about Relics without being banned or warned. Where am I suppose to express my discontent with CG's actions?

Just say it brother.
  • TuncBlack wrote: »
    The relics are good, with the relics we can 4/4 gtb...

You do realize the developers CHOSE to make Geo TB especially hard so that they could sell us on the methods for overcoming that difficulty, right? They didn't have any obligation to make Geo TB that hard. They literally created what many perceived as a problem (inability to complete TB) so we'd pay to solve it, or at least view the rapid power creep favorably.
  • TuncBlack wrote: »
    The relics are good, with the relics we can 4/4 gtb.

Updates you know bring new content for players to do,not stuck everything behind a paywall,which only benefit those who pay.

All those who say relics are great,start a new account and tell us how it'll go.

• Also the double drops *only on normal nodes* is a **** slap to the face.

Really need to see drops become guaranteed

With the way this system works gear needs to now be guaranteed and doubled in order to make this any sort of equitable... but they don’t really care about that at all
  • The gp levels are totally skewed they need to completely realign the gp amount increased for all g12 pieces and especially g13 pieces. No way that bringing a relic up all the way to 7 should be equal to seven starring a toon as far as gp increase this should be like the jump between one star and seven stars in gp level... basically doubling the gp of a toon once they reach the r7 level
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    TuncBlack wrote: »
    The relics are good, with the relics we can 4/4 gtb.

Updates you know bring new content for players to do,not stuck everything behind a paywall,which only benefit those who pay.

All those who say relics are great,start a new account and tell us how it'll go.

New accounts are all in the same boat unless they pay to swim faster.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • If you look at the time line it doesn't really suprise me basically those whales who got Malak in round now had competition round 2 of malak came out. The whales had compation so introduce a new way to pay for a win. Whales get to spend money and be top of the arena. CG/EA collects money and everybody is happy except a majority of the player base because they are once again irrelevant.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Straegen wrote: »
    Gorem wrote: »
    The moment the meta shifts the game is gonna feel it so hard because you can't catch up anymore

The meta just shifted... we just haven't seen the results yet. DR is probably not a tier 1 team now that R7 has landed. GG R7 already wrecks it on both offense and defense. My R5 GG with crap droids destroyed an R7 DR, Malak, Bast with R2 HK and R4 Marauder.

For all we know R7 Lobot is king.

Its not shifted just yet, I mean yes GG can one shot any squad in the game, including Drevan squads (Even the ones who have R7'd them) But GG could do that before in the SD squad, as its a squad that counters Drevan.

I mean now he's completely broken, but still, When I'm talking meta shift, I'm talking something like Jedi Luke/Super Anakin/ super Kenobi incoming to the game Soon after everyones spent all their collected gear on current characters, so many won't be ready for the real shift where Everything that currently exists will be made pointless again, just like when Revan entered.
  • Nerf the relics? Just end the game. Pull the plug on it. Was a nice run while it lasted.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Nerf the relics? Just end the game. Pull the plug on it. Was a nice run while it lasted.

You can stop if you want. I'll keep playing, thanks.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Nerf the relics? Just end the game. Pull the plug on it. Was a nice run while it lasted.

You can stop if you want. I'll keep playing, thanks.

You can keep playing. I couldn’t care less.