Where is this headed?

13Next

Replies

• Liath wrote: »
    So many complaints.

G13 didn't add enough gp so they make relics to add more gp and people complain.

People have been asking for a way to use extra useless gear for years. They finally make a way to use it and now people complain because they will eventually run out.

Ugh it’s not using useless gear!!!! Why are people saying this? Tiers 1-3 use useless gear. When you get to tier 4, it’s bottleneck gear. Tier 5-7 is rare gear. Wake up man

Not all g12 gear is equally needed yes the higher tiers require harder to get gear. But if you've done hstr very long, you no doubt have hundreds of some g12 salvage because it isn't the right piece. Now I have a place to use it. In the future, I can use the g12+ pieces I need to get characters to g13 and use the extra that I don't for relics.

Not a bad thing.

Except mk12 stun guns. Which they left out just to make me mad.

I haven't looked that deeply but I think I have a lot of those too
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »
    So many complaints.

G13 didn't add enough gp so they make relics to add more gp and people complain.

People have been asking for a way to use extra useless gear for years. They finally make a way to use it and now people complain because they will eventually run out.

Ugh it’s not using useless gear!!!! Why are people saying this? Tiers 1-3 use useless gear. When you get to tier 4, it’s bottleneck gear. Tier 5-7 is rare gear. Wake up man

Not all g12 gear is equally needed yes the higher tiers require harder to get gear. But if you've done hstr very long, you no doubt have hundreds of some g12 salvage because it isn't the right piece. Now I have a place to use it. In the future, I can use the g12+ pieces I need to get characters to g13 and use the extra that I don't for relics.

Not a bad thing.

You probably do, but you can’t use them for relics. Or finishers.
  • Liath wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    So many complaints.

Not a bad thing.

You probably do, but you can’t use them for relics. Or finishers.

At this point I'm just happy mk 5 stun guns aren't an absolute requirement for relics
  • ColonelTravis
    365 posts Member
    edited September 2019

Not all g12 gear is equally needed yes the higher tiers require harder to get gear. But if you've done hstr very long, you no doubt have hundreds of some g12 salvage because it isn't the right piece.

Funny. So I've been playing (FTP) for almost four years, which means I've been playing since HSTR began, which was March 2018. Here is my "no doubt hundreds of some G12 salvage" that is needed for Relic 7:z5tc43edafah.jpg

Note that it takes 90 pieces to make 1 card, which means I'm out of pieces after 2 cards. I'm fortunate in that I have plenty of garbage gear for a handful of characters to give relics to up to level 3 or maybe 4. But 5,6 and 7 are a different story.

But by all means, please keep pretending this is an awesome thing they've done for us.

EDIT: sorry, I meant was out of pieces with that one gear type. I can just about make 3 cards with everything in my inventory. However, once that's gone, it takes forever to build it back up.
  • ZAP wrote: »
    What happens when the whales run out of “useless” gear?

I think that’s gonna happen within a month or sooner from now. Maybe that won’t matter because they can just buy gear to use for every relic level?

I actually think whales will run out of useless gear much sooner than ftp. But that won't matter, the can just buy the components for the relics.

I'm guessing whales may be less likely to do challenges for gear they didn't previouslu need so they may have less excess gear. And a whale with 10 g13 woukd most definitely have less excess gear than a ftp player with 10 g13 since the whale has probably player for less time to get there.
  • DarkHelmet1138
    3884 posts Member
    edited September 2019

Not all g12 gear is equally needed yes the higher tiers require harder to get gear. But if you've done hstr very long, you no doubt have hundreds of some g12 salvage because it isn't the right piece.

Funny. So I've been playing (FTP) for almost four years, which means I've been playing since HSTR began, which was March 2018. Here is my "no doubt hundreds of some G12 salvage" that is needed for Relic 7:z5tc43edafah.jpg

Note that it takes 90 pieces to make 1 card, which means I'm out of pieces after 2 cards. I'm fortunate in that I have plenty of garbage gear for a handful of characters to give relics to up to level 3 or maybe 4. But 5,6 and 7 are a different story.

But by all means, please keep pretending this is an awesome thing they've done for us.

Do you get top 10 in hstr? You placing over the last year will make a big difference. I have been doing hstr since the beginning too. Though it took our guild a few months to get to heroic. I score top 3 most of the time. I have far more gear 12 than that.

Though a lot of the regular g12 is needed for the second to last tier. So after the first couple of pieces, you may have to wait a raid or two or farm some pieces for it. The horror.

How's that any different than any new gear?
  • OP this is headed to relic lvl 15, then 25 then 40 then 60 and finally relic level 80
  • ColonelTravis
    365 posts Member
    edited September 2019

Do you get top 10 in hstr? You placing over the last year will make a big difference. I have been doing hstr since the beginning too. Though it took our guild a few months to get to heroic. I score top 3 most of the time. I have far more gear 12 than that.

How much more is "far more"? Post a screen shot for Relic 7 like I did. Also, do you pay money to build up your roster? I like specifics and not generalities and I'm just curious, I'm not asking for any other reason.

Also - what's in your inventory doesn't mean squat regarding what I get or anyone else gets. The problem is that relics eat into production for gearing up characters, and the higher the relic, the higher the cost. It was easy for me to get all my G13s to R2 immediately. Because I do not pay money, I will have to be patient to get them to R4. The gear for R5, R6, R7 is much harder to build up than the garbage needed for 1-4. Have you even put a relic on anyone? The burn rate for garbage gear is not slow. Once that hoard is gone, it is gone. Yes, you will get it back but it will take a long time, because it took a long time to build it up. I've got almost four years' worth and that will not fill up all my relic orders. I can't imagine starting this game as a newer player right now.
    Though a lot of the regular g12 is needed for the second to last tier. So after the first couple of pieces, you may have to wait a raid or two or farm some pieces for it. The horror.

Are you talking about Relic 6? You need 80 pieces. That is on top of all the other gear you need in addition. You cannot get those 80 pieces in 1-2 raids, and if you are still gearing up characters it takes longer to build a surplus.
    How's that any different than any new gear?

In the grand scheme of things, it's not. That's the problem. This is G14. However, it is very different than the previous gearing because of the cost involved. I don't mean you have to put money into it. But if you don't, the time cost and the resource cost is off the charts, compared to conventional gearing. That's why I and so many others find it ridiculous. How many times have you read posts here or on reddit: "Gee, we just got G13 and what I want right now is G14, except don't call it G14, but an even more expensive gear grind is definitely at the top of my list of must-haves."

Post edited by ColonelTravis on