Is there a way to remove 300K of galactic power?

Prev13
With the latest updates there will be a huge difference between paying player and free gamers.

Since I do not like this game anymore as I was liking it before, the only thing that is really challenging is the Grand Arena. But especially with the relics update, I suppose that also here, and thanks also to the bad matchmaking system, there will be a huge difference if a paying player is randomly chosen in a championship where I am playing.

For those reasons, I would like to loose 300k (I am at 3.3 millions at the moment) to go back under 2 millions and have some new challenge with those players.

Is this possible?

Removing all the mods from the characters is not enough as they do not improve the points too much.
So, is there any another way? Can I loose levels? Can I disempower my characters in some way like removing Omegas or Zetas? Or maybe destroying stars?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I'm a little confused, is there going to be a gap or not?

As the gap gets bigger doesnt that mean f2p and p2p will be more likely to face each other?
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Only Starkiller Base could destroy stars, but it's gone now.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ferie
    30 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Kyno wrote: »

As the gap gets bigger doesnt that mean f2p and p2p will be more likely to face each other?

Apparently, not in Galactic Power as the matchmaking system is combining players from 3 millions to players that have 3.7/3.8 millions.
  • Exit game, open your device settings, find factory reset option, use factory reset option.
  • Exit game, open your device settings, find factory reset option, use factory reset option.

I am serious, please answer appropriately
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Ferie wrote: »
    Exit game, open your device settings, find factory reset option, use factory reset option.

No, you can't. You can't remove anything other than mods.

But you're matched based on the top of your roster, not your entire roster, so there's that.
  • The only thing you can do is remove mods. No other way to lose gp
  • Ferie wrote: »
    Exit game, open your device settings, find factory reset option, use factory reset option.

The answer is no.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    edited September 2019

The serious answer is no, because it apparently takes the highest GP you've ever achieved or something like that. So you can't regress to get easier matches. Sorry.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • The only way you can lower your GP is by removing mods. You can’t remove ability mats, stars, levels, or gear.
  • Ok, so the answer is to stop improving the characters (or better to stop playing the game) for like a couple of months (maybe more for the new paying players), wait for the paying player to go even further with their power and then resume the game and see if there is a chance to have some luck with the gap that has been created???
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    kalidor wrote: »

The serious answer is no, because it apparently takes the highest GP you've ever achieved or something like that. So you can't regress to get easier matches. Sorry.

What?

It takes the combined GP of the top GP toons in your roster at time of lock.
    Ok, so the answer is to stop improving the characters (or better to stop playing the game) for like a couple of months (maybe more for the new paying players), wait for the paying player to go even further with their power and then resume the game and see if there is a chance to have some luck with the gap that has been created???

There are paying players at all GP levels, and f2p will gain relics in those months as well. So.... good luck with that plan.
  • TVF wrote: »

This is not true because now I am facing a player that has Darth Revan, Darth Malak and Darth Bastila all of them gear 13 and with level 1 relic and I have none at level 13.

I think it works by a range of total power: in my case I think is between 3 millions to 3.8 millions.
  • Liath wrote: »
    There are paying players at all GP levels, and f2p will gain relics in those months as well. So.... good luck with that plan.

As free gamer I have huge difficulties in having just one character to level 13, how could it be that many free gamers are going to earn relics???
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

This is not true because now I am facing a player that has Darth Revan, Darth Malak and Darth Bastila all of them gear 13 and with level 1 relic and I have none at level 13.

I think it works by a range of total power: in my case I think is between 3 millions to 3.8 millions.

It's not the top 3 toons, it's the top 80 or something like that. Depends on Division I think. Regardless, you can believe what you want, the devs confirmed that it works like this.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »

As free gamer I have huge difficulties in having just one character to level 13, how could it be that many free gamers are going to earn relics???

Farming.

Because it’s not actually that hard.
  • Ferie
    30 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    How can

What???? In your opinion, the devs have put all the necessary items to reach gear 13 somewhere else apart from the store????

And farming is not the answer as I want to get rid of 300k of Galactic Power because of that!
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    And farming is not the answer as I want to get rid of 300k of Galactic Power because of that!

You asked how free players could get Relics. I answered. It had nothing to do with getting rid of power.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    How can

What???? In your opinion, the devs have put all the necessary items to reach gear 13 somewhere else apart from the store????

Yes, you can get every single thing with either currency (non-crystal kind) or by farming nodes.
    With the latest updates there will be a huge difference between paying player and free gamers.

Since I do not like this game anymore as I was liking it before, the only thing that is really challenging is the Grand Arena. But especially with the relics update, I suppose that also here, and thanks also to the bad matchmaking system, there will be a huge difference if a paying player is randomly chosen in a championship where I am playing.

For those reasons, I would like to loose 300k (I am at 3.3 millions at the moment) to go back under 2 millions and have some new challenge with those players.

Is this possible?

Removing all the mods from the characters is not enough as they do not improve the points too much.
    So, is there any another way? Can I loose levels? Can I disempower my characters in some way like removing Omegas or Zetas? Or maybe destroying stars?

Delete the game and start over!
  • Rojas wrote: »
    Delete the game and start over!

Yes that is what I was saying before: stop playing for a couple (or more) months and let the gap to be well spread, and then resume the game to play with the player that now are under 2 millions and that in about 2 to 4 months can be at my current level.
  • groovdog
    102 posts Member
    edited September 2019

There is no answer to your issue. F2P never get what the paying players get. This game is not unique. I have div 8 guys on my shard who have what you complain about and are dolphins at best. The shard is 9 months old.

I hit 3 mil with relics and will be in your Div next time. Relics dont make as much dif as you think. Meta high speed teams with minimal relics will beat slower teams with high relics. The AI cant play my slightly slower R7 DR HK BSF team well enough to defend against weaker but faster players because my Malak is stuck at 6 stars currently. We all have our problems and mine is $300 more expensive than yours....

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

Apparently, not in Galactic Power as the matchmaking system is combining players from 3 millions to players that have 3.7/3.8 millions.

But that is based on the top 80 algorithm they use. That GP has been shown to be very close. Since relics would be used on those top 80, it would seem that the gap you are stating will be getting wider will separate you in that matchmaking.
  • groovdog
    102 posts Member
    edited September 2019

It's not the top 3 toons, it's the top 80 or something like that. Depends on Division I think. Regardless, you can believe what you want, the devs confirmed that it works like this.

5 x number of teams on off and def. Place 6 on def and you are looking at top 60 (5x12). Your div is set on total gp. Matches within div look at Top XXX gp.

So 3.0 mil for me in Div 4 with matches set by Top 60 toon gp.

I face mostly G12 heavy squads who have a deeper roster but I have a roster they cant beat because they lack meta teams. OP needs to do some research on how to play going forward to help close the gaps. There is some rng as well. I am top 200 in Div 4 and have only had to beat 2 dr teams.
    How can

Your opinion might prevent YOU from getting any g13, but we were talking about what other f2p would be doing while you were taking a break from the game. Since there are plenty of f2p who have multiple g13 characters already, there is no reason they can't also get relics in the next months.

And yes, all items needed to reach g13 are now farmable on nodes as well as in stores, and are given out in raids and TB as well.
  • dlv1986
    401 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Unequip 300k worth of mods from unused characters @ferie
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    dlv1986 wrote: »
    Unequip 300k worth of mods from unused characters @ferie

Which won't do anything if they aren't in your top whatever, but whatever.