Relics: Read This

Prev13
CaptainRex
2840 posts Member
edited September 2019
Very good response that it deserves its own post. Releasing Relics right after G13 wasn't a good idea, but it's not the worst thing ever, as people are claiming.
Austin9370 wrote: »
Wow, the complaints. You're all crying because you can't max everything day 1 without spending. Obviously. The attitude I see is the majority of you have a quitters personality.

It's not that bad, really.

Relic 1: It's a gimme. You have plenty of the garbage gear for this to take everyone instantly to this level.

Relic 2 - 4: More garbage gear that players have a ton of. You just need to farm the signal pieces that have a great drop rate.

Relic 5: Same as 4, but you need a new piece. Use the fully crafted holo projector to get the most bang for your buck. Basically you need 2 of these and signal data for this relic. I don't think anyone e would believe it's that challenging for thjs.

Relic 6 & 7: You need end game gear for this and more signal pieces. This will be the most challenging as it should be. It's the END GAME resources. Keep in mind it's not locked to a specific piece of gear so that's an improvement! Heroic Sith and TBs will always drop useful gear to salvage.

Conclusion, it's not that bad. Most of you have sticker shock and for some reason believe you're entitled to max characters upon release. Every FTP sho<led have all their gear XIII characters to level 4 within a month easily. Probably 5 if you're a competitive player. Of course 6 & 7 is where you will need to make a choice of depth or being top heavy. It's been this way since 2015.
#CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).

Replies

• Here is 3 years of useless gears.
    Because you need them at every level.
    You need 1000 useless for 1 relic.
    Wich mean that in 3 years, I can only bring 4 toons to Max only if the basic relic was needed...
    3 years for 4 toons while you also need other pieces ...
    Stop finding excuses.... It's a garbage update only for spenders.
    I only have 1 G13 for 3 years in game..
    btsuswlfpxcs.jpg
  • It is NOT "a gimme" to get even Level-1 Relics (sic: G15!), you're ignoring the fact that to even be able to do that you have to first get characters to Gear-13 and most players are still struggling to do that, especially since they also introduced characters needing the Kyrotech gear from G8 upwards...and I still ahve tone of G8-G12 characters that I can't get any further as that constantly mentioned yet never appearing "easing of lower gear crunches" has never actually happened for the millions of required Stun Guns, Carbantis, Golden Eyeballs etc.

I've gotten every Mk.5 Stun Gun that appears in the shard store or elsewhere from farming, raids, TB, TW etc and I currently need about 5000 of them, and I have 1, if that's not categorized by CG as an unresolved 'Gear Bottleneck' then I need some of whatever they're smokin!!
  • heh, funny.... the G13 requirement seems to be forgotten in this Relic discussion. G13+Relic is the issue you seem to be overlooking.

This will be a game changer, and not for the good. You have your opinion that you're entitled to, but your disconnected if you think this is a good move for the game.
  • Fredy5 wrote: »
    Here is 3 years of useless gears.
    Because you need them at every level.
    You need 1000 useless for 1 relic.
    Wich mean that in 3 years, I can only bring 4 toons to Max only if the basic relic was needed...
    3 years for 4 toons while you also need other pieces ...
    Stop finding excuses.... It's a garbage update only for spenders.
    I only have 1 G13 for 3 years in game..
    btsuswlfpxcs.jpg

I have to agree with Krueger here. The conversion rate for the excess gear isn't that amazing. These piles will be gone in short order. Still, the players have been clamoring for something to do with the excess for years and here it is. Can't complain about it too much.
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    To echo the OP, there doesn’t have to be an end to this. Could still be a level cap increase, 7* mods gated behind high level relics, even more stuff from true quests like recover Darth Plagueis’s Holocron to give Sith Faction a boost. They are just capitalizing on the direction the game is going anyway
  • Complaints are legit. If u haven't gotten g13s, you get blown out even harder by many many more G13R4s?
  • Ruark_Icefire
    856 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    The issue is that they significantly increased the amount of gear needed to max out a character with no increase in acquiring gear.
  • don't forget that new gear for mods is coming
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    ZAP wrote: »
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    Very good response that it deserves its own post. Releasing Relics right after G13 wasn't a good idea, but it's not the worst thing ever, as people are claiming.
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    Wow, the complaints. You're all crying because you can't max everything day 1 without spending. Obviously. The attitude I see is the majority of you have a quitters personality.

It's not that bad, really.

Relic 1: It's a gimme. You have plenty of the garbage gear for this to take everyone instantly to this level.

Relic 2 - 4: More garbage gear that players have a ton of. You just need to farm the signal pieces that have a great drop rate.

Relic 5: Same as 4, but you need a new piece. Use the fully crafted holo projector to get the most bang for your buck. Basically you need 2 of these and signal data for this relic. I don't think anyone e would believe it's that challenging for thjs.

Relic 6 & 7: You need end game gear for this and more signal pieces. This will be the most challenging as it should be. It's the END GAME resources. Keep in mind it's not locked to a specific piece of gear so that's an improvement! Heroic Sith and TBs will always drop useful gear to salvage.

Conclusion, it's not that bad. Most of you have sticker shock and for some reason believe you're entitled to max characters upon release. Every FTP sho<led have all their gear XIII characters to level 4 within a month easily. Probably 5 if you're a competitive player. Of course 6 & 7 is where you will need to make a choice of depth or being top heavy. It's been this way since 2015.

The useless gear that took years to accumulate will be gone before you know it, mark my words.

It didnt take years, you weren't farming it specifically, it just happened.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    sooner3034 wrote: »
    don't forget that new gear for mods is coming

Yes, forget that, because it's not a thing.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • DreadLlama
    2 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    To the OP and the quote:Where did you find ppl saying they are angry because they can't max it right this second? Dyslexic much? People are concerned on the impact it will have, the ludicrous pack prices (which are insane),even more grinding without any really new content in game (not revamped TBs, legendary that's a discount mini raid for more cash grab) etc.. The game will be broken for a while till they off set the impact relics just made.
    Read what people write, not what you think they wrote
  • Honestly, there's a lot about the relics that's great. Being able to choose what gear pieces to use on each tier is wonderful. To me, the only thing missing is really being able to tailor the mastery to what archetype you would want for the character, not what CG says it is.

But they increase power *way* too much. That alone completely negates any good thinking that went into making this. They could offer 1/3 of the increase in power they currently do, and they would still be more than worthwhile to farm up. As it stands, releasing R7 all at once just messes up the game balance.

The promised (but not yet delivered) alleviation of the carbanti/stun gun/golden eye ball crunch is borderline irrelevant. Getting to G12 doesn't do anything for you now, other than letting you unlock existing legendaries a little easier.If your character is not G13 and has access to at least a couple levels of relics, it's as useful at G12 against an R5+ toon as G8s are now against fully geared characters. So you'll get to the G13 and relic grind a touch faster with more toons. You'll just be bottlenecked farming relics for them instead. They'll look nicer while you grind, I suppose =)
  • DreadLlama wrote: »
    To the OP and the quote:Where did you find ppl saying they are angry because they can't max it right this second? Dyslexic much? People are concerned on the impact it will have, the ludicrous pack prices (which are insane),even more grinding without any really new content in game (not revamped TBs, legendary that's a discount mini raid for more cash grab) etc.. The game will be broken for a while till they off set the impact relics just made.

That's not dyslexia
  • For those saying relics will make it impossible to win in arena for ftp.

I don't think it will.

Most ftp that are competitive in arena already have g13. The first 4 levels of relics are achievable ftp in fairly short order. Just have to farm the signal data.

Most comparisons are saying it's broken because whales will have r7 and ftp will be stuck at g12 or g13 with no relics. But in fact it'll likely be ftp at r4 vs whales at r7 at first and then ftp at r5, r6, and r7. It will give whales an advantage but not an insurmountable one.

I believe most of those complaining probably aren't competitive in arena anyway. Don't worry there are probably less krackens in your shard than you think. Reading these complaints, you'd think that the top 500 would be only krackens when in reality it may be top 5 or top 10. Even some whales may see that spending $200 for what you can have within a month is too high for them. It'll take awhile for everyone that low to have r7 gear. And by then if you don't, it's your own fault.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Yes, forget that, because it's not a thing.
    Ah, but "eventually" on something we already knew would come eventually and which they said would happen eventually months ago clearly means it's imminent.
    Still not a he.

That's not dyslexia

Lol. Beat me to it.
  • I personally don't have a problem with it, I'm just unimpressed. Seems to have pretty much no impact on pvp at all. Faced a DR team with a couple level 7's and a DR team with none and no difference, still comes down to who has the better mods. Unfortunately the current meta has broke the game, they've tried releasing new characters, reworks, g13 and now relics and still nothing can do anything to DR. They need to just admit they screwed up and nerf Badstilla. Then maybe this game could have diversity again.
  • The problem with relics is that it cements the place of a purely f2p player; behind the curve.

I’ve been f2p since day one and got malak first go, as well as many other toons (Chewbacca, padme, etc) due to my resource management. Once the toon was obtained I could ride the wave and hoard crystals (normally about 20-25k), as well as gear and currencies until the next meta dropped.

With relics, this is not impossible. If I am not constantly spending all of my resources on this OP feature, then my meta team falls by the wayside to 225k hp Malaks.

So what are successful f2p to do? Use our resources on current meta, only to miss out on the next (and be behind in perpetuity), or hoard and slowly watch our arena rank drop?

TLDR; this is no longer a resource management game, it’s a $$$$ game.
    To the OP and the quote:Where did you find ppl saying they are angry because they can't max it right this second? Dyslexic much?

Speaking of reading why don’t you read what dyslexia is. Besides there’s a lot of complaints that they can’t complete with people who have already done the relics, that means they are upset that they couldn’t max it right away. Re-read the the quoted shtick up there would you.
  • The original post can be true, but the real problem are not the Relic per se, but to get to gear 13 for a free player.
  • Multiple people have multiple issues/concerns, but yes let's roll them all up into a ball so we can apply a one size fits all generalization about people wanting to mac everything day one.

• Ferie wrote: »
    The original post can be true, but the real problem are not the Relic per se, but to get to gear 13 for a free player.

Not really. G12 finishers are easily farmed. Is it slow? Yes - but that's what being f2p is - either hoard crystals and spend when you need to, or be a little behind paying players (that's what they PAY for).
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Somehow you guys determined the drop rates are good when they've been out for a day, and the upvotes from people who have been criticizing me for jumping to conclusions with a small sample size.

Cantina energy accumulates at half the rate of any other energy and costs twice as much to refresh. Which means if you aren't doing any refreshes you will spend multiple days to get to relic level 5 which the OP says it's easy. All that while being forced to get to g13 to equip them. So where am I supposed to spend my few crystals now? Refreshing mods? As people like TVF and Kyno have suggested? Refreshing regular energy for g13 salvages and kyros? Or refreshing for relics? I'd like to know where I can find the energy for all that
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Somehow you guys determined the drop rates are good when they've been out for a day, and the upvotes from people who have been criticizing me for jumping to conclusions with a small sample size.

The devs stated the drop rate is equal to that of mod slicing mats. You can choose to not believe them if you like.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Austin9370 wrote: »
    Somehow you guys determined the drop rates are good when they've been out for a day, and the upvotes from people who have been criticizing me for jumping to conclusions with a small sample size.

Cantina energy accumulates at half the rate of any other energy and costs twice as much to refresh. Which means if you aren't doing any refreshes you will spend multiple days to get to relic level 5 which the OP says it's easy. All that while being forced to get to g13 to equip them. So where am I supposed to spend my few crystals now? Refreshing mods? As people like TVF and Kyno have suggested? Refreshing regular energy for g13 salvages and kyros? Or refreshing for relics? I'd like to know where I can find the energy for all that

Do better in arena. Until you provide your SWGOH account, you have no credibility you're doing what you're suppose to by making good decisions. They game won't be held back due to your ability.

Do better in arena with these relic 7 accounts, isn't that part of the complaint?
  • TVF wrote: »

The devs stated the drop rate is equal to that of mod slicing mats. You can choose to not believe them if you like.

And who says that's a good drop rate? That's subjective, in my eyes it's a bad drop rate