Nerf the relics before its too late

1235Next

Replies

• Pervysage wrote: »
    Here i'd typically agree with you but as a f2p or slightly minor spender who has pushed this mantra for my entire two years playing, this is not true anymore. I've tracked things, calculated farms planned things out for as long as i've played this game to keep pace as best as possible as f2p and I was dumbfounded by the relic release this early and the massive paywall for whales and timewall for f2p. As someone who has kept up fairly well f2p wise with g13's I can't imagine how i'm going to push up my relics and keep g12ing new teams for the new TB's and g13ing key characters. You can't have it all as f2p but with the pacing of the game I expect I should be able to keep up with g12ing most teams I plan to use, G13 key characters on the special use teams and now i'd expect to have to relic those g13's but you literally can't do it all while maintaining farms. And if you cut corners on relics you're left in the dust. So I guess the corner cutting is leaving most of the team at g11 now and g13ing key characters with relics? Idk this pacing of power creep has been astounding and here they are talking about new modding level ups coming? even if they dragged that out for another 3 months i doubt you'd have enough time to catch up. The game as it is now feels like they are at a leveling off and maybe slight decrease in overall revenue. EA wants them to keep that pace and in order to do so they have to bleed the whales dry. Doing that they're going to kill the f2p base of the game. Assuming they can keep the whales paying without a base of f2p players thats fine but i think they're going to kill the game by this time next year or by the following summer if they keep this pace.
    Line break.

And it's not a direct competition between upgrading relics and gearing other units. Don't spend the things those other units need.

Up through R4, you don't need anything relevant. To get to R5, you need two crafted holoprojectors. To get to R6, you need two crafted holoprojectors and any G12 piece you have in excess. To get to R7, you need two crafted holoprojectors, any G12 piece you have in excess, and any G12+ piece you have in excess, with an alternative option to bootstrap up. That's minimal conflict with gearing the rest of your team, and certainly doesn't force you to keep them at G11.

The other thing you need is signal data. Signal data costs cantina energy, which does not conflict with gearing anyone. And we're almost certainly going to get a signal data heist, just like we got a heist with slicing mats and reinforcement/ship omega mats.
    Still not a he.
  • Everyone is acting as if the sky is falling and the top 100 will be maxed r7 by the end of the day.

Not what I'm seeing. Most in my shard have r3 on a toon or two and r1 or r2 on most of the team. And I have the same completely ftp without spending crystals other than to refresh cantina energy 3 times a day.

I think most people realize this and are content to get there in a week or two rather than spend $200 for a two week advantage.

It's not the end of the world. I'm ftp and took 1st just like before.
  • Intrapidoo wrote: »
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Intrapidoo wrote: »
    I like your positivity about it, but if this doesnt get nerfed the game will end before this equilibrium comes.
    I remember when Territory Battle was the death knell of the game. I remember when the Sith Raid was the death knell of the game. There have been a lot of death knells for this game, but it's still here.
    After everyone's crystal income plummets, ain't that the point? When will you stop defending them? :(
    That's not how this works.

That's not how any of this works.

First of all, for most players crystal income cannot plummet from a change like this; most crystals come from sources other than arena until you're hitting the leader boards, which isn't most players. And until you get to the leaderboards, the dropoff from going down a bracket ain't huge, if they drop at all, and spending time to build back up and get back up ain't that big a deal.

For the F2Ps who are on the top, they'll stay on top the same way they always do; selective hoarding and spending. They already have the gear to buy the scrap. They'll spend crystals on cantina energy the next few days for signal data. They'll get their key arena units to high gear levels and stay on top.

This is not the end of the world, people.

Exactly. Too much doom and gloom

I'm ftp and get 1st in arena. I intend to keep it that way. I already put level 1 or 2 relics on most of my team (my malak is still low stars) so can only go 4 for now. There are a few tgat have gotten to relic 4 or 5. And by today I'm sure there will be some that go to level 7.

I'm limited by cantina energy. So I'll do 3 refreshes a day for that. I have a feeling there isn't enough difference between relic lvl 4 and 7 to make it impossible to climb. If I'm wrong, I have 30k in crystals stashed to fix it. But best to be efficient if possible.

f2p with 30k stash? Ye sure kiss their **** if thats what you like

You don't think it's possible to save 30k in crystals as a ftp? Also ye isn't a word.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/ye#English

Putting middle english words in a modern english sentence is still bad grammar.

I can only lead you to the stream of knowledge, but I can't make you read. Attempt number two:
    Archaic outside Northern England, Cornwall, Ireland, Newfoundland

How do you react when someone posts in French or German in this forum? "Speak American or go back where you came from"?
  • Darth_DeVito
    1231 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Gorem wrote: »
    Actually, regardless of what CG stated, it was possible to F2P your way to lvl 7 relics day one, if you've played long enough and hoarded for long enough, gaining them was actually quite easy.

Nonsense. Cantina refreshes quickly become prohibitively expensive and there's a daily limit. Even if you have a sizeable crystal and gear hoard (which F2Ps don't get by being wasteful), I don't believe you can finish a level 7 relic in a single day. Nevermind multiple.
    I've not done it myself

Clearly not. Why make these assertions then?

Because I know other F2p people who have, that's why I said that, why would I say that Unless I knew?

Do you want me to Seven Relic someone right now? I can right now without spending, you want me too?

These things are broken beyond belief and possible to get easy enough for one or two characters instantly, yet alone the fact you can spend to instantly get THREE to level seven INSTANTLY too for any spender.

Its a spending spree, CG has done it, they finally added in something into the game that makes being F2p pointless. The moment the meta shifts the game is gonna feel it so hard because you can't catch up anymore

You used to be able to catch up, you can kinda catch up currently for now due to hoarding gear for so long, but after this? You HAVE to use Characters with Relics to do anything in game, you go up against a whale now in GAC? You lose, you can't do anything, Relics win.

I'm not disagreeing with your overall point, but it's worse for F2Ps than you've been led to believe. Whoever told you they're F2P and can farm a relic to level 7 within a single day lied to you about being F2P. They bought a pack and didn't want to admit it.

ETA: I've never understood this F2P pride, but it's a thing and people lie about their spending all the time. I do spend. I spent on relics too. I don't have an r7 character yet. Anyone who had an r7 on day 1 is most definitely not F2P.
  • Everyone is acting as if the sky is falling and the top 100 will be maxed r7 by the end of the day.

Not what I'm seeing. Most in my shard have r3 on a toon or two and r1 or r2 on most of the team. And I have the same completely ftp without spending crystals other than to refresh cantina energy 3 times a day.

I think most people realize this and are content to get there in a week or two rather than spend $200 for a two week advantage.

I highly doubt as a F2P person that you are in fact rank 1 in your arena shard. Unless you are a relatively new account and are in a new shard I don't see how this is possible. Just about every single old arena shard has at least a few whales in it. In this case you as a F2P account like you suggest you are is just not possible.
  • For me this game is ruined EA is the most greedy company on the planet voted in the top 5 worst company’s year by year says it all.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Intrapidoo wrote: »
    Everyone is acting as if the sky is falling and the top 100 will be maxed r7 by the end of the day.

With 30k crystal stash you are free 2 play yes, and i am ghandi himself. Its because of useless whales like yourself that the game is in this state of uselessness.

30k is pretty low actually. And thinking a crystal stash is a sign of a whale is silly. The whales I have known don’t have many crystals at all because they just buy them whenever they want something. It’s the free players that have to save up to get what they want later.
    Asifab wrote: »
    Everyone is acting as if the sky is falling and the top 100 will be maxed r7 by the end of the day.

I highly doubt as a F2P person that you are in fact rank 1 in your arena shard. Unless you are a relatively new account and are in a new shard I don't see how this is possible. Just about every single old arena shard has at least a few whales in it. In this case you as a F2P account like you suggest you are is just not possible.

Then you really don’t understand how the game works. Getting rank 1 on a new shard is basically impossible f2p because you have no way to make up for the advantage from money early on. Later when everybody reaches the cap you can catch up and start saving your crystals to allow you to jump on the next thing.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Nerf the relics? Just end the game. Pull the plug on it. Was a nice run while it lasted.

You can stop if you want. I'll keep playing, thanks.

You can keep playing. I couldn’t care less.

Seems like you keep missing the point, but thank you, I will.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Nerf the relics? Just end the game. Pull the plug on it. Was a nice run while it lasted.

What deal do you have with the devs? Do they slip God mods in your inbox? I'm curious how you can keep defending them for the relics
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

What deal do you have with the devs? Do they slip God mods in your inbox? I'm curious how you can keep defending them for the relics

Yes.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Intrapidoo wrote: »

With 30k crystal stash you are free 2 play yes, and i am ghandi himself. Its because of useless whales like yourself that the game is in this state of uselessness.

you can save crystals rather easily ftp if you realize you don't have to gear everything right now.

If you score decent in arena, you can bring in 500 a day fairly easily between regular and fleet and dailies. Even if you do 3 energy refreshes a day and 3 cantina that's only 450 a day spent. And depending on what your farming, you probably will do one or the other. (Cantina when farming for jkr or jtr and regular when farming for darth revan)

So let's say your goal is darth revan. You do 3 regular energy refreshes and refresh juhani and dark bastilla's node once. That's 200 crystals a day. You also refresh carth's node so another 25. You can refresh the energy too but it's not necessary. So out of 500 a day you only spend 225. You save 275. In a month that's 8,250 extra crystals. If you only use those crystals on things that will help you do better in an area of the game, you can build a stash pretty quickly.

My alt account has jkr in arena and can get top 50 easily and top 10 or top 20 in fleet. It started in feb so the crystal numbers I state are easily achievable.

My main account has been at it for 3 years and serious about arena for a year and a half. I get 1000 crystals a day since i get first in both arenas on that account. I only spend crystals on regular energy and recently cantina energy now thay I have something there to farm that is important. Still onlt 450 a day and it was only 150 a day for the past few months. That's anywhere from around 15k to 25k a month extra. So it is possible without spending.

Ftp means no actual money spent. Not that you don't have crystals to spend when needed.
  • Asifab wrote: »

You can doubt all you want. I'm just reporting what I see. My shard is nov 2016 so hardly new. G13 malaks everywhere. But they are beatable. And there are whales on my shard. I have seen them whale in the past. But as I stated, I just haven't seen a lot of people going to r7 in a day on my shard. Could be the whales just aren't biting in large numbers.

Which actually makes sense. With a new meta, you miss out for several months if you don't get it. With relics, you only miss out for a week or so until you can farm your arena team to a level that can beat a r7 on offense. I'm guesing at r4 or r5 that is probably possible but haven't had any r7s on my shard so I haven't had the opportunity to test it. And it probably is still mod dependant. If the person with the best mods on my shard whaled out they could sit in first. But then I could still get second so it's not a big deal.

For it to push me out of the top 10, there would have to be 10 whales tgat all have better mods than me whale out. Even then it would only last until I could farm the materials to push my relics to a comparable level.

As I said most likely whales see this as too temporary of an advantage to whale on.

I have only seen one person flat out whale out. He's in my guold not on my shard. But he whales on everything. He has like 70 g13.