Zetas for dr

I was just wondering what zetas would be required for a successful darth revan team.

Replies

• I'd say all three of DR's and both of Malak's, if you're using him. HK's Self Reconstruction is nice to have, and probably the highest priority of the remaining three. I gave BSF hers because I was having a hard time consistently landing CBM/Fear. HK's Loyalty to the Maker is mostly (entirely?) useless.
  • I don’t have revans health equalizing ability. I don’t think it’s as important , I can still stay where I want in arena and I have Malak with his zetas and both seemed more important. Don’t have hk or bastillas. Depends what you mean by success, if you can’t spare 5 zetas instantly I would leave out the health equalizer one
  • The only 100% required ones are DR's and Malak's (all of them). You don't need either of HK's, and Bastila's is nice but not essential.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• chionophile
    1097 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Stick wrote: »
    I don’t have revans health equalizing ability. I don’t think it’s as important , I can still stay where I want in arena and I have Malak with his zetas and both seemed more important. Don’t have hk or bastillas. Depends what you mean by success, if you can’t spare 5 zetas instantly I would leave out the health equalizer one

The health equalization gives DR a lot of survivability. I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss it. I've won matches where my DR would have been burned down, but stuck around because of it (and healed back up with BSF's unique)

Edit: It's also a good way to force Malak to take a bonus turn and use his drain. He's usually the most healthy character.
  • Stick wrote: »
    I don’t have revans health equalizing ability. I don’t think it’s as important , I can still stay where I want in arena and I have Malak with his zetas and both seemed more important. Don’t have hk or bastillas. Depends what you mean by success, if you can’t spare 5 zetas instantly I would leave out the health equalizer one

The health equalization gives DR a lot of survivability. I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss it. I've won matches where my DR would have been burned down, but stuck around because of it (and healed back up with BSF's unique)

Edit: It's also a good way to force Malak to take a bonus turn and use his drain. He's usually the most healthy character.

My DR managed 34 successful defenses and went down in the 35th fight this last TW. There's no way in hell that would have been possible without the health equalization zeta.
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    You’re not giving enough credit to speed in your 35 victories in twar. Sure the health equalizing May be part of it. But speed was 90 percent of why that number is crazy. What’s your teams speed at ?
    You’re not giving enough credit to speed in your 35 victories in twar. Sure the health equalizing May be part of it. But speed was 90 percent of why that number is crazy. What’s your teams speed at ?

DR has 310 speed, BSF has 299, so nothing out of the ordinary. I actually remodded DR from 323 speed so I could optimize him better elsewhere and give BSF some more speed.
    7ezinr480e3b.png
    As you can see the rest of the team is sort of crap, and only DR and BSF were left by the 12th or so fight. So basically it's clear that DR took a lot of hits, and that zeta is probably why he didn't go down earlier.
  • MightyWizard
    872 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Oh and I should add that this was by no means a bad guild we were up against, we were actually preparing for the possibility of a rare loss, and they did have some strong rosters. I suppose their decision making skills weren't quite there though, I still wonder what made them waste 34 supposedly good squads.

Edit: Also I might've paid actual money to see the attackers' faces when they finally killed DR only to run into a Geo wall with an even beefier DR+Malak guarding it. Mwahahah xD
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Another factor that contributes to the 35 is the fact that most of those teams obviously were used by people who shouldn’t have been fighting revan , so 310 speed would be incredible. It obviously wasn’t 35 darth revan teams against yours, because if it was, it was the worst guild who’s ever existed. So again , likely that zeta didn’t Matter. Few teams can get revan down to that health with your team unless it’s a darth revan.
  • No, again, there is no way in hell DR and BSF would've managed 20+ defenses by their lonesome without DR's health equalization zeta. No matter how you twist this, the fact is that they were the only two survivors, and it's unlikely the attackers did not try to kill DR, so he clearly took a lot of hits. If you don't see the zeta upgrade's value in this then I suppose you're in denial and that sort of sucks for you I guess. DR needs all his 3 zetas to be a proper beast and that's that.

DR has 310 speed, BSF has 299, so nothing out of the ordinary. I actually remodded DR from 323 speed so I could optimize him better elsewhere and give BSF some more speed.
    7ezinr480e3b.png
    As you can see the rest of the team is sort of crap, and only DR and BSF were left by the 12th or so fight. So basically it's clear that DR took a lot of hits, and that zeta is probably why he didn't go down earlier.

That sounds like the health equalization zeta was the reason your team was ripped apart.
    You think Darth revan surviving had nothing to do with 70% health steal?
    Without malak darth revan will equalize and hurt your team more than he will help it.
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    All the health equalization did for you is kill your team off , that’s why it was only those 2 left. The 70 percent health steal and protection recovery were much more important. You’ve got a very fast revan , who can’t be hit with mass attacks , hitting and recovering his health constantly and you only have a concentrated version of the team so the constant fear and shock was doing it.
    Post edited by Stick on
  • You're both slow then? DR and BSF got through more than 20 fights. DR got hit a lot of times. DR survives 20 attacks. The zeta did its job. Anyone who can't see this is, well, stupid. That zeta is clearly important, and I doubt the developers would give him a useless zeta. Oh and just now today DR's health equalization won me an arena mirror match.

Oh and which planet have you been living on, where a 310 speed DR is considered remotely fast? For DR that's barely enough to play with the big guys.
  • Yes that’s mirror matches. Your darth revan team there cannot take 35 darth revan mirror matches. You can take 35 rogue one teams or any number of teams that can’t compete with 310 speed. That guild clearly didn’t know what it was doing. Don’t pat yourself on the back too hard wiz.
    Yes bastilla and revan got 20 fights , and they can do that because they have 70 percent health steal and recover protection. They also are faster that every other team aside from jedi revan and their main moves remove the other teams turns. Meaning the other team can’t even hit them , in the off chance it can , the 70 percent health steal , will make them recover. The only teams that can get a 310 speed revan with preloaded turn meter to 50% health obviously weren’t used.
  • Dude you're just clearly in denial and incabable of admitting your're wrong. That zeta is super important, you need all 3 of his zetas and preferably BSF and HK's as well. And let's be fair if you don't even have this ability upgraded then you have no idea what you're talking about and shouldn't really have such strong opinions on the matter. Whatever I guess.
  • If I’m the one in denial why is it that you can’t respond to any of my points, and are just trying to call me stupid. You don’t have enough experience with revan, I’ve got Malak and as I said , what started this whole thing is that having both of Malak zetas are more important that that one.
    I’m not trying to take away from the 35 defences, that’s freaking awesome. But don’t kid yourself on what’s doing it.
  • Dude you're just clearly in denial and incabable of admitting your're wrong. That zeta is super important, you need all 3 of his zetas and preferably BSF and HK's as well. And let's be fair if you don't even have this ability upgraded then you have no idea what you're talking about and shouldn't really have such strong opinions on the matter. Whatever I guess.

I have all those zeta's pal. Still don't think it's necessary
  • Sure whatever lol.

To anyone else who might come stumbling over this thread in the future; you actually do need all 3 DR zetas. If you're going to budget your zetas for this team, avoiding HK's and BSF's would be the better choice, although as the DR meta passes, BSF will be invaluable as a plug'n'play toon for any sith team. So basically you'd want BSF's zeta as well.

Right I'm done here :)
  • ya just do what he says. Blindly put on all zetas as soon as you get the characters. That way you can beat 35 teams that were incapable of beating darth revan to begin with.