Is it possible to get a little feedback on the post relic launch reaction?

Prev1
DarthAndy
105 posts Member
edited September 2019
I genuinely would love to hear from CG. Not complaining or celebrating relics. Just curious to know what they think?

Did you expect this level of strong reaction?

Seeing that some of the damage boosts seem to outweigh the health / protection boosts, are there other balancing mechanics I'm missing that prevent future battles from being simply who can one-shot the other guy first?

The power surge does genuinely seem huge and really surprising. Any words to frame it in a context that makes it more understandable?

It seems like it would be incredibly daunting for a new player to join the game right now. Unless you're wrapping everything up I'd expect an influx of players when the movie comes out. How on earth are you going to allow them to feel they could compete and contribute at any reasonable level within a year?

Cheers
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Options
    I would love to hear something by the end of the weekend. I understand they need to evaluate the feedback, but it is pretty clear what people like (not much) and what issues this creates.
  • Options
    I said usually we would have heard from CG Carrie in the past.

I think they are not responding on purpose. They are not going to risk fanning the flames. Notice even the moderators aren't commenting on these posts? That's rare. That's weird. That was probably an order not to.

They are waiting till we cool off.

I'm starting to think the new guy with no connection to the community ran this through and I don't think he will be too community friendly going forward.

• Options
    This is their reaction:

pr8a4k619psh.png
  • Options
    In the past when there has been pretty consistent negative opinions they have said that their data don't draw the same conclusions as the user community's feedback in the forums. If they were to comment, they likely wouldn't address the concerns raised on here. They are going to do what they are going to do and as long as they hit their numbers they won't change anything.
  • Options
    Probably somthing along the lines of "we are making money, so it doesn't matter what you think". You know, that quality interaction we are all used to.
  • Options
    If they were to say anything, it would be that they are closely monitoring the situation and that there are no plans to modify Relic ability bonuses at this time. Probably.
  • Options
    No.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    edited September 2019
    Options
    They’ve addressed all this with introducing relics and posts leading up to relics

They’ve never commented on customer feedback because players overreact on everything every few days

Last time they did reply to the outrage they got tons of negativity
  • Options
    Perhaps you're right, but I believe these guys genuinely love and play the game along with us. There are things they just can't share, but even a relatively minimal response would really help I feel
  • Options
    There’s nothing for them to say. They over tuned the damage output and put anything beyond R3 behind an increasing paywall the further you progress.

They over tuned how much gear you need for the relic parts further upping the gear bottleneck that has been tightening more and more over the last couple months.

The only viable thing they can do is finally create a better income of old bottle neck gear required to get to G12.

However their best bet is to act sooner than later as more krakens invest their money. The blow back from waiting for such a major roll back or change will cost them ALOT of money
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    There’s nothing for them to say. They over tuned the damage output and put anything beyond R3 behind an increasing paywall the further you progress.

They over tuned how much gear you need for the relic parts further upping the gear bottleneck that has been tightening more and more over the last couple months.

The only viable thing they can do is finally create a better income of old bottle neck gear required to get to G12.

However their best bet is to act sooner than later as more krakens invest their money. The blow back from waiting for such a major roll back or change will cost them ALOT of money

Krakens don't outrage, they just pay ) And that's a huge problem for the game cuz 1% krakens give them 99% revenue - so they don't care about f2p
  • Options
    DarthAndy wrote: »
    Perhaps you're right, but I believe these guys genuinely love and play the game along with us. There are things they just can't share, but even a relatively minimal response would really help I feel

I guess they only "play" test accounts with unlimited resources, if they had real accounts we would have know that
  • Options
    The only thing I would like to hear is whether they plan on changing the pieces that have wacky relative conversion values.

If they aren’t going to scrap or redo the whole thing, I don’t see much value in a statement. There wouldn’t be anything they could say that would make anybody happy and it would just cause more complaints about how they’re “not listening to the community.”
  • Options
    Well you dont rly need to be rocket scientist to see that the gap of f2p and ppl who spend tons will become even bigger,i dont know how many times i said it here in some posts.Now after the fact,its too late for anything.
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »
    The only thing I would like to hear is whether they plan on changing the pieces that have wacky relative conversion values.

If they aren’t going to scrap or redo the whole thing, I don’t see much value in a statement. There wouldn’t be anything they could say that would make anybody happy and it would just cause more complaints about how they’re “not listening to the community.”

Have they ever listened I've seen many people moan but nothing done I've stopped caring anymore I'm just doing the game at my pace an what I want I find the more it bothers you the bitter you get grab your CUP an gear him up it may be irrelevant but you will have the best CUP ever
  • Options
    They just earned 2-3mil. Why will they listen? They are celebrating in a high end restaurant now. Big pay check for Xmas.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I genuinely would love to hear from CG. Not complaining or celebrating relics. Just curious to know what they think?

Did you expect this level of strong reaction?

Seeing that some of the damage boosts seem to outweigh the health / protection boosts, are there other balancing mechanics I'm missing that prevent future battles from being simply who can one-shot the other guy first?

The power surge does genuinely seem huge and really surprising. Any words to frame it in a context that makes it more understandable?

The relics we are seeing added right now, all have the same theme of being weapons. This makes damage being the primary boost, make sense.

It is possible we will see others that do the same for health/protection or other stats in a more significant way.

It seems like it would be incredibly daunting for a new player to join the game right now. Unless you're wrapping everything up I'd expect an influx of players when the movie comes out. How on earth are you going to allow them to feel they could compete and contribute at any reasonable level within a year?

Cheers

New players are in their own shards and do not compete with older players, unless they are putting themselves in particular situations intentionally.

They can contribute, at the same level as every other player that will be joining at that time.

They have also spoken to some extent about changes that they are looking at making regarding gear influx. We will have to wait and see how that rolls out.
  • Options
    @Kyno
    It is possible we will see others that do the same for health/protection or other stats in a more significant way.

When you say that do you mean, possible for the same character to receive multiple relics? Wouldn’t that just be yet another paywall, and cause even more backlash? Don’t let them do that lol
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    They’ve addressed all this with introducing relics and posts leading up to relics

They’ve never commented on customer feedback because players overreact on everything every few days

Last time they did reply to the outrage they got tons of negativity

They replied pretty quickly to the Jawa vs Geo feedback, and even made a quick change regarding the Bossk/Jawa interaction.

The part about getting outrage to their replies is spot on though lol. They really can't win.
  • Options
    Dmitry_M81 wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

Krakens don't outrage, they just pay ) And that's a huge problem for the game cuz 1% krakens give them 99% revenue - so they don't care about f2p

Even though one of the biggest posts about relics is by...a kraken lol
  • Options
    Ftp were always important because the p2p needed someone over which to have an advantage. Makes sense.

So when this huge widening of the gap between ftp and p2p came about, it seemed confusing, because you would essentially have 2 isolated groups, and the p2p wouldn't have the same relative advantage. (They would, but it wouldn't be as visible).

I suddenly realized what is really happening with this. They are now separating the whales from the krakens, and ftp are totally left behind. Now whales will fill the role of the players that the krakens can lorde their power over.
  • Options
    Why feedback when everything is fine...

vjr7w6qa872g.jpg
  • Options
    @Kyno :
    The relics we are seeing added right now, all have the same theme of being weapons.

This is not true. Young Han Solo, for example, has his bronze dice as his artifact.
  • Options
    ioykze3kou9g.jpg
  • Options
    They’re milking as much cash out of this game quickly before the law changes on game gambling as this game is such a fruit machine that’s got out of control greed ,so they’re keeping quiet