Who thinks that tier 7 yoda in the yoda challenge is way to hard and should not have two other Jedi'

Darthshaner1978
0 posts Member
edited March 2016
Take the two extra jedi's away that aid Tier 7 Yoda or lower his level and stop wasting people's time!

Who thinks that tier 7 yoda in the yoda challenge is way to hard and should not have two other Jedi' 31 votes

Remove yoda's help
38%
MosEisleyGuardiasInternetSwagMeese_RancherMusashi138BooZanhaepRugermanRazorvynnkrakashiShady_Rage 12 votes
Lower his level
22%
TRexTanarisTrion_KajagramSolid_PRGo_tan_reuckLangstoCurufinwe 7 votes
Or both
38%
SparrowBartemOurmiloCarbaimKylaRen88Beorn39EnSabahNurBeaukinSaberlightDaeronTiweleMasterCbaothArterisSpharion1337 12 votes

Replies

• Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Where is leave as and ensure to scale it more difficult when the level cap is raised.

Challenges are good!!!!!!
  • You forgot the "it's supposed to be hard figure it out and adapt or pray to RNGsus" option.
  • My opinion is this: It's supposed to be hard. Very hard. For a very good reward.

It can be done: People have unlocked him, so it's not impossible. Gear up more if you've got the 7* toons to even be fortunate enough to play the 7th tier. If you can't gear up any further, try different strategies until something works. The challenge wasn't to "have 7/7* Jedis and unlock Yoda automatically", you have to play to win.

I unlocked a 5*, because all I have are 5* Jedi's, and geared him up to purple, leaving him at a power level of 4130. He's great for my level of play and I'm very happy and feel fortunate enough to be at THAT level.

End of the day, it's a game. Play it until you know enough to ref it, right?
  • Sparrow
    525 posts Member
    Or both
    K_G0sling wrote: »
    My opinion is this: It's supposed to be hard. Very hard. For a very good reward.

It can be done: People have unlocked him, so it's not impossible. Gear up more if you've got the 7* toons to even be fortunate enough to play the 7th tier. If you can't gear up any further, try different strategies until something works. The challenge wasn't to "have 7/7* Jedis and unlock Yoda automatically", you have to play to win.

I unlocked a 5*, because all I have are 5* Jedi's, and geared him up to purple, leaving him at a power level of 4130. He's great for my level of play and I'm very happy and feel fortunate enough to be at THAT level.

End of the day, it's a game. Play it until you know enough to ref it, right?

I totally get what you are saying, but because you have only done the 5* you dont know the whole story, most people could auto win the 1-5* battles, theya re super easy, but I am not sure you know the pain people are feeling when it comes to the 6-7* battles, i have not been able to attempt the 7* yet myself, but i did just complete the 6*, and it was insane, not because it was a challenge, or there is a strategy that i could not figure out, but because it is just stupid luck. i did it close to 15 times before yoda just missed a bunch and i won, that was all it was, dumb luck. sure i got close a couple of times without luck, but here is the thing.

In the 6* fight (and i can only imagine 7* is worse) yoda attacks 3-1 and gains turn meter when he is hit, so you are basically lucky to be able to attack twice in a row.

his tenacity is so high in all those fights i never once stuck any negative effect on him from fully geared 7* level 70 jedi

and going back to his 3 attacks, that means he usually has foresight on when you do get to attack him, so its useless if you dont have at least 2 ready to go, and odds are after they attack his turn meter will have filled enough from you attacking that he goes again and gains foresight.

Seriously i won because he failed to get foresight.

also his cool downs are not an issue since he gets so many turns

and if he crits he can one shot just about anyone unless you have barriss as a lead.

The reason i dont like this event at the 7* level is the same reason i dont like candy crush, it does not matter how perfectly i play winning is just down to luck.

P.S. i was thinking last night as well that having some of the chromium only jedi might make it easier as they are the ones who counter attack, and that would really help take out the foresight. and its afterall his many many attacks coupled with foresight most of the time that make him so hard to take down.

• Yeah man, I can see what you're saying. Personally, I've only had experience in the 5* realm of things which I agree, was very easy. I guess my whole point was that it should be a challenge to almost a maddening level which is what I'm expecting when I get there.

It reminds me of playing old Nintendo games (might be dating myself) when you would be stuck on a hard level and die, die, die, die, and die again only to restart. It felt impossible. But when that day finally came where you landed it, and got to move forward, it felt life-changing. That's the sort of thing I miss about video games in general to be honest.

Quick saves, checkpoints, tutorials, all these "assists" in video games nowadays really take that feeling away, which is turning games less into a challenge but more of a catalyst for the instant gratification syndrome everyone suffers from.

I'm going on a tangent, so my bottom line is this: I appreciate that there is a potential hair-pulling, mind-bending challenge waiting for me. It'll make seeing that victory graphic a hundred times sweeter.
  • Sparrow
    525 posts Member
    Or both
    K_gosling I get what your saying but having grown up with those old school Nintendo games as well there is one HUGE difference.

Those games were possible to beat 100 times out of 100 if you were good enough. That is not the case with many of these games now. You can play the Yoda battle exactly the same way every time and eventually you will get lucky and win. But there is no way to play it perfectly to win every time, there are no mistakes to learn from, its just RNG
  • Another option is to replace Yoda with Kermit and teach him a lesson about bringing a banjo to a lightsaber fight. "Why are there so many songs about rainb-augggghh...."
  • I am looking forward to trying the 7* Yoda event but I have seen a lot of post saying it's almost impossible since he attacks so much and has 2 other Jedi. The only thing I've noticed in them all is keep retreating until he has Barris with him. So her heal keeps taking his hit points away but I'm sure I'll make up a few new words when I face him because the only ones I'll have a chance at 7* will be Lumi, Mace, Eath, JC and hope QGJ still need 100 shards for him and JC.

So I hope RNG is with you on your next attempt and with me if I can get it next go around but I know I'll get 6* Yoda :smiley:
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Remove yoda's help
    I here what Sparrow is saying. I too have only unlocked Yoda at 5* and certainly want 7*. I will be attempting 6* when the event is back on.

If it is that crazy, then that in itself is crazy. Of course it is hard to get him. You need level 70 + as well as level 7 gear or higher plus 7* entire team of Jedi to do it. That in itself is a time consuming and challenging task to complete just to fight him at that level.

To me, if you are fighting Yoda - then why does he need help, especially if he is insanely hard on his own for the 6* battle.

I too appreciate a challenge, but hate that about games where there is no skill but blind luck - its dumb.

Change it.
  • Musashi138
    52 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Remove yoda's help
    The difference between the 5* and 6* battles were night and day. 1 - 5 was faceroll easy. 6 was a dang nightmare even with 6* and 7* toons with solid gearing. Took me quite a few tries. I doubt I'll bother with the 7* event.
  • mull_to_3
    32 posts Member
    The fight was maddening. I brute forced my way (without Barriss) and the fight took more than 4 hours. I think it should be challenging but I think it was tuned a bit too high.

I hope future Yoda events are brought down a notch.
  • Sparrow
    525 posts Member
    Or both
    Honestly they don't need to bring it down now, with the increase in level cap it should prove much easier. 5-10 levels on all your toons should give you a much better chance. Not to mention the omega materials
  • Or both
    I'm on the 6-star event now and I've hit a wall. Yoda is twice as fast and strong as any of my leveled and geared jedi. Plus he has two buddies.

Maybe if I had a 7-star Qui-Gon I would be in better shape with the extra speed and the buff-clear, but I don't.

You essentially can't use Luminara's heal, because he steals the heal-over-time for 3 turns and negates all your damage with it.
    His resistance to effects is sky high, so I can't land stuns, blocks or get a Windu expose to fire for some extra damage.
    You spend half the fight clearing foresight so you only get to deal damage about 50 percent of the time.

I was looking forward to the event reopening now that I finally have a full 7-star squad of Jedi and after about 20 minutes it's like, whelp, I guess I'll have to wait til I have a full squad of 7-stars at Level 80 and some ulti gear...
  • Sparrow
    525 posts Member
    Or both
    You can beat the 6* fight as you are it just takes time, use lumi or barriss lead and just keep going. I can attest to the fact that they did reduce his speed, the fight is definitely easier now. But it's still not a cake walk, took me a half hour to beat 7* yoda today.

I do recommend that you just retreat if he has lumi qgj or old Ben as allies.
  • ZarLatho
    690 posts Member
    People win it, therefore it is not too hard. The game is not wasting your time, child, you are choosing to spend your time how you wish.
  • Spharion1337
    1 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Or both
  • Or both
    7 Star Yoda fight observations
    Team used: Qui-Gonn, Ahsoka, Luminara, Jedi Consular, Eeth Koth
    -Already used every type of leader ability available with this group
    -Since Yoda is the leader of enemy party, nearly all special moves get resisted - each instance an ability is resisted the target's turn meter increases, so don't use ANY cooldowns unless you KNOW it will kill the target
    -Yoda will steal any buffs you put on your party including Luminara's heal over time (which somehow heals him for 10k per turn, ****!)
    -If you focus all attacks on Yoda his comrades will bury you
    -If you focus all attacks on his comrades Yoda will bury you
    -This fight seems practically impossible with the latest patch adjustments

I will copy/paste this into a Yoda fight forum discussion.
  • Lower his level
    Very fxxking balance. :/
  • I don't understand it. Whats the point in making it that you need 7 star jedi if it's not true. I have old ben in gear 9 qui gon lumi koth and consular at gear 8. All level 77. I can say already that its impossible for this team to beat 7 star yoda.

I wish my jedi consular done the damage yodas does. Mine hits between 2-5k and his hits me for 12k health. Add on the 15 moves yoda gets like he has qui gon as his leader knocking out 10k hits and you'll soon realise that you're not getting yoda. It's like one of those stuffed toy machines. Getting 7 star jedis is just the entry fee, you can see the prize, but it's not really winnable.
  • Usho
    586 posts Member
    useless event if you have him at 7* right ? right ?
  • Sparrow
    525 posts Member
    Or both
    -Since Yoda is the leader of enemy party, nearly all special moves get resisted - each instance an ability is resisted the target's turn meter increases, so don't use ANY cooldowns unless you KNOW it will kill the target
    -Yoda will steal any buffs you put on your party including Luminara's heal over time (which somehow heals him for 10k per turn, ****!)

Most of the problems come down to who his allies are. retreat if its lumi qgj or old ben, otherwise beat down his adds and then go to work on yoda. if they focus down one of your toons before its down to just yoda probably retreat. your advantage comes when you have 5v1 thats when his speed is much less of an issue.
  • Solid_PR
    43 posts Member
    Lower his level
    I have gear lvl 8 team withvls 69- 79- 74- 72 and 72. Maxed abilities with 1 omega. Failed more than 20 attempts. Tried using abilities as no abilities to give yoda turnmeeter. In one fight my jedi died in first 2 turns as yoda did crit 13k and his ahsoka came quickly 16k crit on my jedi. Please lower yoda and helpers stats down to an equivalent of lvl 70 below and gear lvl 7s. Thank you
  • Sparrow
    525 posts Member
    Or both
    Solid_PR wrote: »
    I have gear lvl 8 team withvls 69- 79- 74- 72 and 72. Maxed abilities with 1 omega. Failed more than 20 attempts. Tried using abilities as no abilities to give yoda turnmeeter. In one fight my jedi died in first 2 turns as yoda did crit 13k and his ahsoka came quickly 16k crit on my jedi. Please lower yoda and helpers stats down to an equivalent of lvl 70 below and gear lvl 7s. Thank you

Just have patience and keep trying, do you have barriss lead? she definitely helps alot.

For myself i used Barriss (70) Ahsoka (72) Lumi (77) JC (73) Mace (78)

I found with this makeup i was able to keep a constant barrage of healing going from Ahsokas special and the other heals. Just take downt he adds first and then focus Yoda, also i used Barriss to take out Yoda's foresight so he could not spread it around.

it still takes some luck as you wont beat yoda 3v1 so if they focus down a toon you have to try again generally.

Also i avoided Lumi, old Ben and QGJ when they were his allies i just retreated and tried again.

i finally beat him (10-15 tries) with Ahsoka and IGD as the adds.

It just takes patience, they did make this much easier than it was last time.
  • Or both
    Sparrow wrote: »

Most of the problems come down to who his allies are. retreat if its lumi qgj or old ben, otherwise beat down his adds and then go to work on yoda. if they focus down one of your toons before its down to just yoda probably retreat. your advantage comes when you have 5v1 thats when his speed is much less of an issue.

well once i managed to have him 5v1 and he did 8-9attacks in a row while i was watching and waiting my turn and killed all my group. i group is all lvl 78 gear lvl:8 and abilities are all lvl 7 with some lvl 6. i tried prety much every tactic that is written here but as i experienced from my wipes that it is pure rng even with the right tactics...
  • Lower his level
    Sparrow wrote: »
    Solid_PR wrote: »

Just have patience and keep trying, do you have barriss lead? she definitely helps alot.

For myself i used Barriss (70) Ahsoka (72) Lumi (77) JC (73) Mace (78)

I found with this makeup i was able to keep a constant barrage of healing going from Ahsokas special and the other heals. Just take downt he adds first and then focus Yoda, also i used Barriss to take out Yoda's foresight so he could not spread it around.

it still takes some luck as you wont beat yoda 3v1 so if they focus down a toon you have to try again generally.

Also i avoided Lumi, old Ben and QGJ when they were his allies i just retreated and tried again.

i finally beat him (10-15 tries) with Ahsoka and IGD as the adds.

It just takes patience, they did make this much easier than it was last time.

They actually made him more difficult, but you are so much higher level and gear that you might not have noticed (and Ahsoka was buffed between then and now).

The point is this system is id10t with required resets under a great number of impossible to beat add combinations (IE any two of Lumi/QGJ/Ahsoka/Aayla together among some others).

They should scale more heavily to the players level and additionally do something to reduce the insane RNG of the match (and add selection.)

BTW I did beat it on my alt this time around so I'm not saying it's undoable merely stupid as balloons.

• Rugerman
    30 posts Member
    Remove yoda's help
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    Where is leave as and ensure to scale it more difficult when the level cap is raised.

You can kiss my butt
  • Lower his level
    ZarLatho wrote: »
    People win it, therefore it is not too hard. The game is not wasting your time, child, you are choosing to spend your time how you wish.

That straight up isn't how things work... This is equivalent to saying people win the lottery so you should clearly spend money doing it and it isn't rare.

Complete horsecrap. (As I mentioned above, I did beat it on my alt this time, but the RNG is insane. If yoda attacks the same dude twice in a row GG, if yoda crits after protection is gone GG, etc etc. And that isn't taking into account the **** crap of reseting constantly until you find matchups that are actually winable.
  • Curufinwe
    15 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Lower his level
    Rugerman wrote: »
    Greg1920 wrote: »

You can kiss my butt

Or they can just scale with the players level instead of being id10t's about this horsecrap...
  • ZarLatho
    690 posts Member
    Should there be no benefit to achieving stronger toons? You want every challenge to "scale with the players level" so you can cut through anything the game serves up like a lightsaber through a wrist? I'm just waiting for the bright star who will leap out among us asking to nerf the entire game and just give us full rosters. You have no consideration for the people who have worked longer, more diligently, and more skillfully at this game than you. You just want what they earned, paid for with your fat salty tears.

My statement wasn't at all equivalent to your lottery analogy. You said the game was taking up your time, as if you, an innocent, were held captive by it. You choose to struggle in the challenge, or not. Don't blame software for your lack of will.