change matchmaking is useless

Prev13
between the guys who have 30 gears 13, those who have + 30 speed +20 and those who have all the possible teams of now dr, padme, gg, geo, shaak.
there is too much difference, your matchmaking calculation, sorry to say that but it's crap.

Replies

• That or you are crap. Maybe the problem is you
  • @improvisator
    I’ve never been much of a fan to the matchmaking either. The last GAC was decent, for me. I, at least , had matches I could win. This group is the exact opposite. There isn’t a single match that I can win.

@Angelloyd
    That’s fairly rude don’t you think?
  • 75ycx6euarfm.png
    Still not a he.
  • matchmaking is really unfair
    dont know how long i can take it,some day i quit
  • AazarakhsH wrote: »
    matchmaking is really unfair
    dont know how long i can take it,some day i quit
    zs9fgv7tzfk1.png
    Still not a he.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Some day we all quit everything.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    TVF wrote: »

I'm no quitter.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

I'm no quitter.

Some things force it on you.
  • TVF wrote: »

I'm no quitter.

Like when your trying to beat a 1904 and fighting their gg team after killing their dr revan and padme all in defenses and the buttons disappear after you kill everyone except the g7 droideka then you lose by 14 points because the devs cant seem to make a game where the action buttons stay clickable... let alone a proper matchmaking system your dreaming if you think that's possible.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

I'm no quitter.

Like when your trying to beat a 1904 and fighting their gg team after killing their dr revan and padme all in defenses and the buttons disappear after you kill everyone except the g7 droideka then you lose by 14 points because the devs cant seem to make a game where the action buttons stay clickable... let alone a proper matchmaking system your dreaming if you think that's possible.

OK.
  • Just won my last round 1887-1846.....

Him.. 30 g13
    Me... 6 g13

You can buy g13 but you can’t buy skill
  • My matchmaking is going great. I don't have JKR, DR, RJT, my NS are 60K, no KRU, yet I won my last GAC and am likely gonna win this 1 against Revan RJT accounts with more zeta.

What's it coming down to? Strategy, modding those squads for GA defense or offense. Months of focusing on those squads and strategy. I am only 2.45 million GP, but the matchmaking for me works. Most of my opponents try the same bad strategy: put up a front defense wall they think I can't break through and bad teams in the back. My CLS team can counter most revans, my EP most phoenix, and my FInn most Bossk teams. Sitting rank 1813 Aurodium Division 5 right now and everything seems fine.
  • Matchmaking is flawed because gearing up a toon to g13 doesn't give a large gp boost even though it gives a huge game play advantage.
    Since gac started ive had to game the system so i can be competitive, which I am now :) nothing to do with strategy on the long term
    Looking for 1 member with 3.5m+ GP roster to help in GEO TB; we are 185m guild who are 70-6 in TW.
  • Half of all GAC players LOSE, no matchmaking can ever change that
  • improvisator
    31 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    I think that some people do not understand anything, when you played the ga before this delirium of the championship balance was there, now I'm **** guys at 345dr bastila at 320 and I'm going, the story of 80 toon is crap because there are so many

Pourquoi je le retrouve avec des mecs sur dosé en vitesse , de la bonne gg, du padme ,du shaak ti , moi je ne joue pas dans leur court , sans compter tout le stock de modes + 20 placé sur les bons perso , jai un pote pareil que moi sauf qu'il a un meilleur rooster mais pareil en face il a que des baleines , il est dégouté ,mettaient ces riches ensemble .
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    I think that some people do not understand anything, when you played the ga before this delirium of the championship balance was there,....

Matches are far more even now in general than they were before GAC. My personal win rate is more or less the same, but it takes more effort and time now.

• I have never lost so much, it is depressing because I serve crumbs while I have almost 4 years of games, I understand those who want to stop without counting this kind of person who will have weapons 7 on malak and gg, that I'm going having to face the next ga
  • Yeah matchmaking isn't fair for half GAC player 😁😁
  • Yeah matchmaking isn't fair for half GAC player 😁😁

I'd go so far as to argue it is a matter of thirds. One third complain about poor matchmaking due to reasons ranging from "wanting a ROFLstomp" to "I know I lack strategy and hope to meet someone like me". One third accept matchmaking as a "sometimes I'm the pigeon, other times I'm the statue." The remaining third forget to join GA and come to the forums to complain.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Matchmaking is flawed because gearing up a toon to g13 doesn't give a large gp boost

1536867972-pinkman.gif?crop=0.563xw:1.00xh;0.208xw,0&resize=480:*

u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• improvisator
    31 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    it is a statistic on at least 30 part of ga, only 2 were favorable and still to become 1st I met people of my level and actually I could merit my place because it was loyal.
    so yes I estimate the calculation of the deloyal matchmaking
  • Jarvind wrote: »
    Matchmaking is flawed because gearing up a toon to g13 doesn't give a large gp boost

The relatively small GP boost from G13 was an issue, but now that relics substantially increase the power gain of G13 characters, it's sure to become less of one.
    Still not a he.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    75ycx6euarfm.png

There's no player skill that's going to make up some of the gear, mod (and soon relic) and character differences, probably 75% of a GA's outcome is decided before you even start putting down units, depending on how long you've been playing. IF you're in the 4.5mill+ league where everyone has every squad available then it's not such a big difference but when you're in the under 2 million GP leagues, people plain don't have all the squads available, some people build a wide roster, others have a more narrow focused roster with deep focus on a few teams, if you have a wide roster but no G13's, and face someone with just 2 really strong squads with G13's put on their defense, you might not be able to take out anything, and if they have even 1 GP more than you when the matchmaking is done, they win by default, even if behind those 2 hard squads were a bunch of level 1's, and likely they have 1 squad that's good enough to beat or at least severely weaken one of your defenses and take the zone on the 2nd attempt, that's enough to not even force the GP tie breaker.

.... Now I usually build deep rather than wide and that's how I've won sometimes, they don't break front lines and I take 1 of their territories and that's all it takes. But I've also had it where they did the same thing but were 100k+ GP over me (and I'm under 1.5 million GP so that's a lot) so I lose by default.
  • Say you drive stock Honda Civic in a car race. As you win more races, you will face tougher racers.

Whether I pit you against some Toyota Prius in the beginning or against some hypercars like a Veyron / Zonda, at the end of the championship race, you will rank right where you belong, probably in the middle.

This is how GAC works. The more you win, the higher you'll rank, the tougher the opponents are at the top. Even if you're facing against "equal" opponents at the beginning, you will eventually meet strong teams at the end and you will start losing, just in a reverse streak.

Unless your terms of "equally matched" means you having the advantage over your opponent, which most players do believe is considered "fair", then you will complaint about not winning 80-90% of your matches for any game that you might play.

It's just the way the world works. You may think you're at the top percentile of things, you're special, but in actual fact, you're not.
  • BobcatSkywalker
    2194 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Matchmaking is flawed because gearing up a toon to g13 doesn't give a large gp boost

The relatively small GP boost from G13 was an issue, but now that relics substantially increase the power gain of G13 characters, it's sure to become less of one.

Relics are gear 16 with the huge buffs applied at 5 6 and 7... there's not a gear level that increases health by 70% and damage by 200% that's several gear levels and just 5k gp for gear 13, 14, 15, 16 is extremely low proportinately to the power gained.

Basically a 20k character goes to 25k and becomes at least 2x as strong. If relic 7 added like 20,000 gp then okay maybe matchmaking is now balanced, but g13 added almost nothing and relics 1 to 7 are also severely underrated in terms of gp boost to reflect the actual power of the character. Just wait and see...

It's a joke, it's called galactic power but it has nothing to do with power and everyone says it's a horrible indicator of power, but that's what they use it for indicating power in tw and ga matchmaking, power for doing a tb, power for unlocking characters.

It should be called your GALACTIC PURCHASE.

It's more reflective of how much of an investment or purchases of energy you made in the character not how powerful the unit it. Total misuse if the word power.
  • Malevolan wrote: »
    75ycx6euarfm.png

There's no player skill that's going to make up some of the gear, mod (and soon relic) and character differences, probably 75% of a GA's outcome is decided before you even start putting down units, depending on how long you've been playing. IF you're in the 4.5mill+ league where everyone has every squad available then it's not such a big difference but when you're in the under 2 million GP leagues, people plain don't have all the squads available, some people build a wide roster, others have a more narrow focused roster with deep focus on a few teams, if you have a wide roster but no G13's, and face someone with just 2 really strong squads with G13's put on their defense, you might not be able to take out anything, and if they have even 1 GP more than you when the matchmaking is done, they win by default, even if behind those 2 hard squads were a bunch of level 1's, and likely they have 1 squad that's good enough to beat or at least severely weaken one of your defenses and take the zone on the 2nd attempt, that's enough to not even force the GP tie breaker.

.... Now I usually build deep rather than wide and that's how I've won sometimes, they don't break front lines and I take 1 of their territories and that's all it takes. But I've also had it where they did the same thing but were 100k+ GP over me (and I'm under 1.5 million GP so that's a lot) so I lose by default.

Total crap. All about strategy. Just get good.
  • DadKev wrote: »
    Malevolan wrote: »
    75ycx6euarfm.png

Total crap. All about strategy. Just get good.

There is no strategy around that is going to make up that kind of deficit. If I were to have 8 gear 11-12 squads and not have either Revan and they have 2 gear 13 squads in the front and both are Revan, there's not a strategy or "git gud" that would overcome that. He could have all level 1's behind it and go afk as long as they have even a slight GP advantage on me. If I don't have anything capable of countering a Darth Revan team (which I don't, I don't have the God mods necessary to make a CLS team counter DR or a Droid nuke team, a Padme team, or anything), I could throw team after team at him and probably not do anything to him. That match was decided before any of the squads were set out. The other team, JKR, even if I have a squad that soft counters him, like Nightsisters, there's a heavy amount of RNG involved due to the fact that Revan ignores most game mechanics you might use to control him (can't be stunned or ability blocked, ignores taunt), and with the most common team involving GK you have more RNG based elements, including constant taunting every time you crit someone, and RNG based foresight. So you can lose with anything outside of a hard counter such as having Darth Revan, just by Revan marking the wrong crucial character and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it, except hope they're tanky enough that you can keep them alive somehow.

I'd like to see you "skill" and "strategy" your way through someone with meta teams that outgear you significantly because you built wide roster and they built deep but you are in GP range of each other.
    A majority of the time I can just look at someone's roster and GP level and know the probable outcome, outside of them doing something unpredictable like having a lane relatively weakly defended while placing their squad that would have rolled the best thing I have on defense. You can't see what they place on defense until it's too late so you kind of just have to guess and hope it plays out for the best. 75% decided just on who you're matched against and their roster, 15% decided by who places what on defense which is kind of blind you don't know what they'll do.
    Only about 10% is how you actually play depending on whether you have squads that can beat theirs, aren't horribly outgeared/modded, and they didn't put up a wall you have no chance of beating no matter what up front.
  • There are multiple teams right now that can take on either Revan, at least to a point of taking out some key units.

If you didn't bother to construct a fieldable counter to one of the current definitive teams of the game, that's on you. Not on matchmaking. It's not that your opponent has a couple more G13s that seals your fate. It's your own strategy, both short and long term.
    Still not a he.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    There are multiple teams right now that can take on either Revan, at least to a point of taking out some key units.

If you didn't bother to construct a fieldable counter to one of the current definitive teams of the game, that's on you. Not on matchmaking. It's not that your opponent has a couple more G13s that seals your fate. It's your own strategy, both short and long term.

Outside of Darth Revan, most of the counters to JKR rely on RNG, and can be won or lost on something you have no control over because of JKR's kit ignoring most mechanics of the game that would allow you to control things. In most situations "they have a mass assist and will almost always take the first turn and use it", you bring a pre-taunting tank to cover it.
    In JKR's case, he ignores the pre-taunting tank and targets someone at random, and it can break your whole team strategy from the get go unless you have insane recovery game (Nightsisters but even then if he continues to mark Daka or Asajj you're doomed and there's nothing you can do about it).. say you use a Zpalp to counter, and first move Revan marks and deletes Thrawn. There goes your strategy
    I'm just saying the bulk of the match is decided before anyone does anything, and you're not going to "outskill" your way through a serious roster or gear deficit.