"Double" drops should have an asterisk next to it!

Prev13
I know i'm not the only one who gets screwed over every time these "double" drops come around. Whether it's gear or shards the drop chances drop in half at best. I just went 4 for 29 on farming gear.

Replies

• Drop rate doesn't change.

Also, you won't get bonus drops on shards this time, normal nodes only.
  • I'm aware it's not shards this time, but the drop rate definitely changes. I went from getting 3-5 gear pieces out of 10 sims to getting 4 for 29 and 1 for 20 on my most recent sims.
  • Reding91 wrote: »
    I'm aware it's not shards this time, but the drop rate definitely changes. I went from getting 3-5 gear pieces out of 10 sims to getting 4 for 29 and 1 for 20 on my most recent sims.

Except that it doesn’t change. You just happened to get unlucky. My gear drops have been great.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Disagree with OP.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • ary6dn1mpu74.png
    Got this, then an 0/12.
  • Unlucky would be it happening 2 maybe 3 times. This is something i've noticed since in "double" drops for awhile now. Every single time i've dropped from about 25-30% avg drop rate to a 10-15% drop rate. I've actually done the math over an extended period of time so keep your opinions out of it. I've also had some good drops but then as FolsomTony shows you go right back to zip
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Reding91 wrote: »
    Unlucky would be it happening 2 maybe 3 times. This is something i've noticed since in "double" drops for awhile now. Every single time i've dropped from about 25-30% avg drop rate to a 10-15% drop rate. I've actually done the math over an extended period of time so keep your opinions out of it. I've also had some good drops but then as FolsomTony shows you go right back to zip

We would love to see your data on this.
  • No statistical data to back it up (since nobody except developers has ), but my observation shows decent drop rates the first few times and now I hardly get any.
    Specifically before I had about 3-4 per 12. Now I have 1-2 per 12 (with double drops)
  • Kyno, do your own stats. You don't have to believe me but I would recommend starting to track it. Obviously everyone's will differ due to the "luck" factor.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    JDIII wrote: »
    Actually there is data all over the forums, you just gotta look. Hundreds of players saying the same exact thing, well something must be going on.

Confirmation bias is fun.
  • TVF wrote: »
    JDIII wrote: »
    Actually there is data all over the forums, you just gotta look. Hundreds of players saying the same exact thing, well something must be going on.

Confirmation bias is fun.

Actually that would be more of a selection bias.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Why not both?

Anyway, I just simmed 11 on fleet. Went 5/11, so 10 salvage. No asterisk needed.
  • JDIII wrote: »

saying it != data
  • 5zbt3hht1yjf.png

My data says otherwise.
  • FolsomTony wrote: »
    ary6dn1mpu74.png
    Got this, then an 0/12.

You must have got the first one in right before the drop rate changed
  • Moonlight0911
    25 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Reding91 wrote: »
    I know i'm not the only one who gets screwed over every time these "double" drops come around. Whether it's gear or shards the drop chances drop in half at best. I just went 4 for 29 on farming gear.

You're going to get minimal support on this issue, since the forum regulars have a copy and paste response to these posts. However, I'll have to say that I notice this trend as well. However again, you'll get no love from most people here. And with that, there will be no change, because $.
    Of course, let ignore the fact that EA holds a patent to do exactly that.
  • JDIII wrote: »
    See, like I said, a screenshot of a single time, not no 3+months of data

You show me your data I'll show you mine. 😘
  • Oh I can’t wait for double drops to end so we can all get back to actual drops.
  • Drop rates don't change, but the drop rate is pretty volatile due to rng. When there's a small 2-3 day window for double drops there's a good chance you're going to get at least one day where nothing drops.
  • @JDIII looks like my speed vs defense roll rates.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Every time.
  • Fwyh douple drops equals .25 rates
  • Reding91 wrote: »
    Unlucky would be it happening 2 maybe 3 times. This is something i've noticed since in "double" drops for awhile now. Every single time i've dropped from about 25-30% avg drop rate to a 10-15% drop rate. I've actually done the math over an extended period of time so keep your opinions out of it. I've also had some good drops but then as FolsomTony shows you go right back to zip

You are not the only one who did math. I have a degree in physic and math was a big part of it.
    If you indeed did some math you would know that when you got about 30% of getting something, you have 70% of not getting anything, which mean 49% of not getting anything twice in a row and 34.3% of 3 times in a row, 24.01% 4 times in a row, 16.807% 5 times in a row, 11.7649% for 6 time etc...

How many people play this game? tens/hundreds thousands? now how many posts like this you see? dozens/hundreds?
    So out of that many people it is reasonable that a certain number would have lousy luck for a period of time

I had times when I got 80% success and times when I got 0%, and no the success times does not always come before the failing ones.

People should stop Whining. It's hurt everybody, because at the end, just with the kid who cried "wolf wolf", nobody belive when the wolve does come