I’ve got a story

Replies

• Kameleonic wrote: »
    I just faced my final team on the Grand Arena in which the opponent had an Old Republic team, no Bastila nor Revan, at 64k power. It took me 9, NINE teams to beat that team. I used my 80k Ewoks, my 80k Clone Troopers etc. yet Zaalbar, at GL8, soaked up everything I threw at him until my GL8 Imperial Probe could one shot him out the field.

The point is: a TOTAL lack of balance in this game. It is a game that offers well over a hundred characters, yet so many of them, are USELESS. That means people are wasting time and money farming meaningless characters. Wasting time and money on useless characters.

To say this game is entirely rigged would be an understatement.

Sounds like you should have used imp probe about 6 or 7 tries sooner.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    Kameleonic wrote: »
    I just faced my final team on the Grand Arena in which the opponent had an Old Republic team, no Bastila nor Revan, at 64k power. It took me 9, NINE teams to beat that team. I used my 80k Ewoks, my 80k Clone Troopers etc. yet Zaalbar, at GL8, soaked up everything I threw at him until my GL8 Imperial Probe could one shot him out the field.

The point is: a TOTAL lack of balance in this game. It is a game that offers well over a hundred characters, yet so many of them, are USELESS. That means people are wasting time and money farming meaningless characters. Wasting time and money on useless characters.

To say this game is entirely rigged would be an understatement.

Sounds like you should have used imp probe about 6 or 7 tries sooner.

Or a better team to start with.
  • Nihion wrote: »
    I love how old people just automatically think that evolution and innovation is a bad thing. It’s so funny.

Which old people? The ones who landed on the moon? The ones who created the internet? Maybe those old farts in the 70s inventing wifi?
  • Kameleonic wrote: »
    I wouldn't boast about using nine teams to beat a G8 Zaalbaar. That's one of those things you'd prefer to keep quiet.
  • I got the same NS bug (?) today.
    AV-lead, killed off Daka but lost. Felt at least good about getting her out of the way.

and next fight the NS kill one char during their first turns (due to TM from the first fight) and boom... Daka comes back to the fight (not only was she revived with AV lead, but also in the second fight, I thought what is dead stays dead across multiple fights)
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    OBoogieIII wrote: »
    Monday evening

I look over proudly at my wife. I’ve just beaten 2 SE teams, won 2 in GAC, and defeated several SE teams in arena. I tell her, “ I’ve arrived. I can finally compete .”

She looked back, “ oh good. “

She doesn’t care, but I’ve done a lot of work to get there. I’m very happy.

Tuesday evening

I’ve just gotten beaten by the exact same teams that I beat the day before. I ponder if I’ve made some mistakes in my attacks. I wait until the next day, I battle many SE teams, some many many gears lower than me. I add relics. Same results. How could this Be? I’m still not sure.

I ask my brother, he seems to be having the same issue. He speaks of conspiracy and nerfing teams, because people have finally caught up to the meta. I’m not convinced.

I think back back on my favorite childhood games, those that were a challenge, but I practiced and got better.

My first thoughts, the game I was always most proud to beat,Mike Tyson’s punch out. I remembered playing for hours and hours. Most of the time I’d only last a few seconds, but I continued to play. I remembered the pattern. Finally it happened. I knocked out Mike Tyson. I sat in silence. I had won.

I thought of The Legend of Zelda, it was such an immense game. The first game that I can recall that you could save. I thought fondly of the journey of finding my weapons, how certain weapons needed to be used to defeat certain characters. I remembered the battle with Ganon. The timing, the aim, the shot, the victory.

I thought of hanging out with my friends. We’d take turns playing games. Once you died it was the next persons turn. I remembered practicing to get better, I didn’t want to die. I wanted to get better , so I practiced.

I come back from thoughts, I look down at my tablet. I want to get better, I’ve learned the pattern , I practiced, I’ve gotten the weapons to defeat my opponents. I want get better, I open my wallet and reach for my card. I think to myself, “ man, times have changed.”

No practice will make you better. No posts on the forum complaining of relics will matter. Republican credits don’t work here , only money.

Watch out with many people here, its hard to chat on these forums as their are many trolls and the mods do nothing about it only targeting people who go after the game or the devs or other mod staff, even this comment will most likely get deleted because they'd rather do that then actually stop the forum trolls from posting.

Anyway, yeah, I miss when games were better myself, I miss the past, I miss the days of games made with passion, games made before a time of greed, before they only cared about money.

I Miss gaming days before mobile gaming existed. Mobile gaming has played such a role in ruining good gaming.

Best thing to do is to avoid mobile games and play real games that may still exist, switch is good for that, loving Breath of the wild, Smash, Mario Ody, so good and skillfill games <3
  • @CCyrilS why wouldn’t I tell my wife what I’m doing? She’s my best friend. We tell each other everything. We talk about everything. It’s not like she doesn’t know I like Star Wars. Occasionally I drag her to the movies to watch a star war. She gets some her best sleep there.
  • @Nihion I love how young people want everything given to them with out doing anything. If it isn’t instant gratification then it’s not worth it.
  • @Kameleonic

90% of the roster is useless. It does look like relics will help with that, at least. But you’ve got to get them there first. By the time you do that I’m sure there will be something else done to further stretch the gap.
  • @RandomSithLord doesn’t sound like he’s boasting. Maybe he’s a lower level himself. Not everyone has a roster filled with gear 13
  • @Puddleduck thank you. I’ve got zero vendetta against the game or it’s devs. I’ve got no reason to just make up random things. People are very defensive over this game for some reason. They act like it can do no wrong. It’s not like I’m talking about their mom or GF/ Bf or something. Just making an observation about a mobile game
  • @Otsego
    well I hope you predicted the future and recorded it p, or everyone is going to attack you 😂😂😂
    There’s strange things that happen in this game all the time. I’ve reported stuff and gotten nowhere. I’ve stopped even bothering with it.

My game reset after purchasing something from the guild store. When it came back on, my currency was gone, but I never received the item. I reported it , they gave the same copy and paste answer they give everyone when they want them to leave them alone.

• OBoogieIII wrote: »
    @Puddleduck thank you. I’ve got zero vendetta against the game or it’s devs. I’ve got no reason to just make up random things. People are very defensive over this game for some reason. They act like it can do no wrong. It’s not like I’m talking about their mom or GF/ Bf or something. Just making an observation about a mobile game
    When you report something out of the ordinary, it’s perfectly natural for people to question the accuracy of your claim.

99% of the time there is an explanation for why these things happen, and it is usually down to someone not understanding the mechanics of the game or misremembering the details.

To take offence at people not instantly believing you word-for-word is quite odd, for me. Especially when the thing you’re describing has many alternative explanations.
  • @Gorem
    Yes, people are very defensive about this game. There’s tons of keyboard tough guys on here. I’ve been suspended tons just for calling people our for being a bully.

I can not understand why people get so angry over someone else’s opinion, bad designs to the game, or flaws that exist in the game. I mean, it’s not perfect, they can admit that.

Some of it is just plain blindness and not wanting to admit something. Some of it, I feel, is just that it makes them feel better about themselves to put others down. Typically that happens because there’s an underlying issues in themselves.

I think they feel good about being able to spend money on the game and not really have to put forth a lot of effort. It stroked the ego and gives them something to brag about.

It is what it is. I know s post wasn’t going to do anything, I knew I’d be blasted by those that are followers.

I’m don’t have a switch. I’ve stuck with PlayStation, but I have been looking into just because my son is hitting the age where he’s getting into games too.

This is the only mobile game I really play. I just want one so I can play around during down time and stuff, and if it’s fun and enjoyable that’s even better lol

This one use to be a blast but it’s gone down hill, in my opinion.
  • @DarjeloSalas

No, I was persistent and they looked into. They did see where the device reset and caused problems, they just chose not to do anything about it.

It was like 400 guild coins , so I didn’t think it was worth pushing, but I still found it odd.

Why do people keep acting like I can’t remember what went down? I can remember stuff. I reported it , typically it’s all in writing.

People can believe me or don’t, I’m not taking offence to it. I’m not sure what I said that gave that impression. I do take offense if someone calls me a liar, or attacks me personally.
  • I was talking about the NS revive bug.

The guild currency thing, I believe you 100% about that. Had similar happen to me and have heard it reported by many others too.

But the NS thing, either there’s a bug that you and only you have experienced (and reported), or MT was leader and you’ve misremembered it as being Assaj leader.

People have to either trust the wealth of evidence that the NS work as intended, or trust one guy who says that this one time they didn’t.

• @DarjeloSalas
    Got you.
    No, the NS thing happened just like I said. I mean, I definitely wish I would’ve recorded it. Hindsight is 20\20 I suppose.

It was definitely Assaj lead. She was dead, Daka was dead, MT was dead. The only two left we’re Tailia and zombie. I have no idea how they came back alive.

I wonder why people latched on to that one the most to make a big deal out of? Like, even when it happened I didn’t trip over it. I was just super confused about how it could happen. I asked everyone I knew if I was missing something. No one else could think of a reason they’d come back. So I reported it as a big and moved on with my life lol
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Puddleduck wrote: »
    you will be on here at some point crying over something.

Hasn't happened yet....
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • OBoogieIII wrote: »
    @Nihion I love how young people want everything given to them with out doing anything. If it isn’t instant gratification then it’s not worth it.

I love how that doesn’t apply. I don’t want everything given to me. But you wouldn’t believe that. Because that would be evolution.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    I love how old people just automatically think that evolution and innovation is a bad thing. It’s so funny.

Which old people? The ones who landed on the moon? The ones who created the internet? Maybe those old farts in the 70s inventing wifi?

That was when they were young people. ;)
  • @Nihion
    Buzz Aldrin was 39 when he landed on the moon.
    Creators of the internet were all in their late 30s and 40s.
    They’re all older than me.

Creating games that hide behind paywalls instead of putting forth effort to get better is not evolution. It’s greedy, but not evolution.

So if you’re saying this is the evolution of gaming you’re sadly mistaken. This is the monetization of gaming.
  • Dude no unexplained revives for NS so chill. Check it out, bro -

NS are able to revive themselves using any one of 1, 2, 3... 4 different methods. Just because you've defeated two NS doesn't in-and-of-itself negate the reviving factor. Let's count them off like big boys, shall we??

1) Daka uses her special ability under any lead. *ALL* defeated NS are guaranteed to revive.

2) Talzin defeats any opposing toon using her second special (mass attack) ability under any lead. *ALL* defeated NS are guaranteed to revive (possibly at full health? I don't recall tbh).

3) ZTalzin leads. The first two times any NS toon is defeated, they are instantly revived 100% health with the exception of NZ who revives anyway per her unique mechanic and whose revives - if among the first 2 NS killed - do not count against the 2 free revives. I.E: the first two non-zombie NS are revived instantly after defeat.

4) ZZTalzin leads. Every time any NS toon uses an ability; a random, previously defeated NS ally is revived at 50% health. That ally assists the attacking NS and is instantly defeated at the end of the turn. If any opposing toon is defeated on this turn, the revived NS ally will not be instantly defeated but will remain revived.

Again, just because you kill daka and talzin does not mean there is now no way for a NS squad to revive themselves. The entire squad is built around the revival mechanic seems dumb to make it so weak that it relies entirely on only 2/5 squad members right? Oh, hey; yeah that would be stupid. That's why CG incorporated *several* mechanics to circumvent such a weakness.
  • Dude no unexplained revives for NS so chill. Check it out, bro -

NS are able to revive themselves using any one of 1, 2, 3... 4 different methods. Just because you've defeated two NS doesn't in-and-of-itself negate the reviving factor. Let's count them off like big boys, shall we??

1) Daka uses her special ability under any lead. *ALL* defeated NS are guaranteed to revive.

2) Talzin defeats any opposing toon using her second special (mass attack) ability under any lead. *ALL* defeated NS are guaranteed to revive (possibly at full health? I don't recall tbh).

3) ZTalzin leads. The first two times any NS toon is defeated, they are instantly revived 100% health with the exception of NZ who revives anyway per her unique mechanic and whose revives - if among the first 2 NS killed - do not count against the 2 free revives. I.E: the first two non-zombie NS are revived instantly after defeat.

4) ZZTalzin leads. Every time any NS toon uses an ability; a random, previously defeated NS ally is revived at 50% health. That ally assists the attacking NS and is instantly defeated at the end of the turn. If any opposing toon is defeated on this turn, the revived NS ally will not be instantly defeated but will remain revived.

Again, just because you kill daka and talzin does not mean there is now no way for a NS squad to revive themselves. The entire squad is built around the revival mechanic seems dumb to make it so weak that it relies entirely on only 2/5 squad members right? Oh, hey; yeah that would be stupid. That's why CG incorporated *several* mechanics to circumvent such a weakness.

But if everything he says is true, none of those 4 ways to revive are applicable.
  • @Kodiak_Skywalker
    Ok, so first of all, I’m not really going to respond to you because you were, sort of a DB. I can only assume that you took offense to me saying anything bad about this game.
    Second, had you been paying attention at all you’d have seen that the entire scenario didn’t even bother me, so there’s no need to chill.
    Third this, this entire thing that was said @CCyrilS. If everything that I said was true then, there you go.

So @Kodiak_Skywalker take you poor attitude you came in with and walk right out with it lol

I’m sure you’re a big boy in the real world who goes around throwing their weight and talking like that everyone, right? 😂😂🤫 lets be real, people who get so offended over a mobile game get offended for a reason and there’s no way you talk to people like that in real life, because they’d slap the taste out your mouth.

So if you want to have a conversation, let’s get it on, if you to be rude and hateful m then take it somewhere else. I’ve laid out the entire scenario, none of which plays into any of those you laid out.

I’m not sure why people grabbed onto this one little blip that I mentioned lol I’m guessing that hit a spot idk Anne everything else I said was so true they picked out one crazy thing to argue over??
  • I mean, he said bro 🤦‍♀️
  • Puddleduck
    30 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    TVF wrote: »

Hasn't happened yet....

O shut up😂😂 so you have a account in here for what reason to flame others you sound a very insecure person if you consistently need to pass judgement on others. So I call bull **** on that comment
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Hasn't happened yet....

O shut up😂😂 so you have a account in here for what reason to flame others you sound a very insecure person if you consistently need to pass judgement on others. So I call bull **** on that comment

Disagree.

Stun guns!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Wow. Must suck to be completely blind to the game's mechanics.
  • @MightyWizard
    You didn’t tag anyone, so I’m not sure who you’re talking to. I can assume it’s me, since I started the post. If so, I know the mechanics of the game. I’m sure,like everyone else, I could stand to learn a thing or two.
    Also, I can guess , you too, are talking about the NS glitch. I can’t expound on that anymore than I have. You can read any of the multiple times I’ve replied to that. Wash. Rinse repeat.