Relics – The tale of a Kraken

Replies

• TVF wrote: »
    You overestimate your shard and the ability of smart FTP to compensate.

I was 1st in my shard for a year before malak came out, and then i was being knocked out of the top 100 overnight because i had no counter to a fully modded g12+ (this was before g13 was available) malak. 'Smarts' had nothing to do with it as even the youtubers couldn't find a way to beat him until g13 became available.

I hoarded and got darth revan but missed malak. I also geared him and was already using him in arena when malak hit. Took a few days to find a counter. Darth revan, badstilla, hk, gmy, and thrawn. It only worked for the slower than you teams but my mods were good enough for that to keep me in the top 5.

I don't rely on you tube to tell me what to use. I watch what they say and see if it works but they don't always have thee best comps.
  • I think the main problem here is that somehow, when they buy crystals or shards in this game some people will see it as an investment. Your investment(money) lost its worth the moment you spent it on data pixels. I sometimes buy crystals for this game but it's usually purely for fun, upgrading the toons I like. Because that's literally the only value you get for your money when all is said and done, sentimental value. If you like the game and the toons anyway.
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    TVF wrote: »
    You overestimate your shard and the ability of smart FTP to compensate.

I was 1st in my shard for a year before malak came out, and then i was being knocked out of the top 100 overnight because i had no counter to a fully modded g12+ (this was before g13 was available) malak. 'Smarts' had nothing to do with it as even the youtubers couldn't find a way to beat him until g13 became available.
    There were ways to beat it, top guilds just prefer (-rightfully-) to not spread their theory crafted counters in order to keep their TW advantage. If any of those youtubers know these counters, they are usually not allowed to share.
  • Come on people. Look at relics like this: whales have been constantly complaining that they can't beat other players (seeming f2p) because of their better mods. They couldn't buy mods, but they were ready to pay for the victory. So, devs gave them this opportunity: pay for the relics and beat other teams with better mods.
    In fact they could just add "mod creator" (by the same jawa scavenger for example) with rules like this every 15$ spent give +1 speed on a module. But now there's no way back. They can't do the rollback.
    Personally I'll see how it goes for me and if I start losing GAC I'll likely quit this game. I've been playing since June 2018 and even I can see that new content appearance has slowed down. And I understand that "high spenders" are more valuable for business (it's a business not a charity), so let's wish good luck our krakens and hope they'll let this game exist several years longer!
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    They have to augment their income somehow. Meanwhile the UK ruled loot boxes are gambling. The times they are a changing..

And since TVF will ask for proof..
    https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201719/cmselect/cmcumeds/1846/184602.htm
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Warp3dM1nd wrote: »
    Ikky2win wrote: »
    RawdSW wrote: »
    Doitsuyama wrote: »
    I like this thread, but the title should have been "Tale of a Whale", has a better ring to it. Other than that, I must say that the thread opener totally has the option to continue f2p, he still enjoys a juicy advantage on the other f2p players. But it seems rather obvious he is an entitled "person" demanding immediate fulfilment. Such a game requiring theory crafting and multi month long planning just is the wrong game for him, simple as this.

Wow, you really couldn't be more wrong about him. He is actually an officer in our guild and one of the most knowledgeable people I've ever had the pleasure of playing with. He has a very deep understanding of this game mechanics and enough patience to be an officer. If he quits, it will be a tremendous loss for us.

His concerns are valid and shared by many in our guild, myself included. It would be unwise to dismiss them.

Thank you! I am an extremely competitive person so f2p is not an option for me. I wouldn’t enjoy the game. It has nothing to do with entitlement. I only enjoy it if I can compete with the other top people. I would be miserable only being able to climb to 15th in arena instead of first. That’s just how games work for me. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being F2P or finding enjoyment from the game in other ways though if you can.

You do know that it is possible to compete in arena ftp. You likely already have your arena team at g13. At least I'd hope so if you spend as much as you say.

And relics up to level 4 or 5 is only a manner of farming the signal data. Only a few weeks of farming.

Add to that the fact that relics add no speed so if you have good mods, you can still win against r7 teams with just g13 or r3 teams.

You can also get creative on offense. Gmy with speed gets tenacity up on your team and lets you resist many of tge debuffs while you land yours. That can make up for a little gear.

And when the dust settles you can spend again if and when you feel it's value to you.

But spend $500 a month or quit are not the only options. There are plenty of ftp in the top of arena through skill. Saying you have to spend $500 a month to be competitive is just not true.

What a long dead arena shard? I assure you in mine FTP couldn't break the top 25 maybe even 50. I mean we have G13 DR and Malak, JKR and company, and GG nukem along with regular sep, Padme teams teams in 200s and up. I have spent a decent amount on SWGOH and I can barely break into the top 100 for a few seconds.

We already have level 7 GG relics, DR, Malak, Anakin and more. Plus the assorted 1 to 7 range toons. This is all in the top 200. It is not even possible for a FTP player to even break the top 50 in my shard.

Since a f2p can be one of those with that g13 Malak, or Padme, or GG team, the idea that they can’t possibly compete with those teams is silly.
  • Maebalzurakin
    170 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Gorem wrote: »
    Relics are breaking this game for so many people, because they have BROKEN the game.

Relics are not breaking the game.

Spending money to buy relics to level 7 on day 1 and then testing them against characters without relics is going to be very unbalanced. However, that is not breaking the game. It was always the case with every power increase that CG introduced.

What the OP and every other self titled 'kraken' are so salty about is that their $500 a month would guarantee them the top spot and enabled them to feel like a winner. Now they don't know which characters to spend it on, they have no guarantee of top spot and now they just feel like a loser who wastes $500 a month.

The solution would be for GC to send a PSA to the kraken boards. Let them know which R7 characters will be meta. The krakens will buy those characters. CG will get their money. The krakens get to feel like winners again. Everyone else gets to play the game.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    They have to augment their income somehow. Meanwhile the UK ruled loot boxes are gambling. The times they are a changing..

https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201719/cmselect/cmcumeds/1846/184602.htm

Let me know when this changes anything.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

Let me know when this changes anything.

Worst(best?) case scenario would be that the 5-330 shard packs disappear, they're pretty much the only "loot boxes" in the game. And that's only if those new laws even manage to change anything in effect.
  • One last cash grab by a bunch of pathetic devs as the game dies. Well done CG.
  • Fumanchu wrote: »
    One last cash grab by a bunch of pathetic devs as the game dies. Well done CG.

The game is still fine. Will be for a while and the devs know what they're doing.

I mean, it's not like the game makes 10M+ monthly.
  • Liath wrote: »
    I like this thread, but the title should have been "Tale of a Whale", has a better ring to it. Other than that, I must say that the thread opener totally has the option to continue f2p, he still enjoys a juicy advantage on the other f2p players. But it seems rather obvious he is an entitled "person" demanding immediate fulfilment. Such a game requiring theory crafting and multi month long planning just is the wrong game for him, simple as this.

Wow, you really couldn't be more wrong about him. He is actually an officer in our guild and one of the most knowledgeable people I've ever had the pleasure of playing with. He has a very deep understanding of this game mechanics and enough patience to be an officer. If he quits, it will be a tremendous loss for us.

His concerns are valid and shared by many in our guild, myself included. It would be unwise to dismiss them.

Thank you! I am an extremely competitive person so f2p is not an option for me. I wouldn’t enjoy the game. It has nothing to do with entitlement. I only enjoy it if I can compete with the other top people. I would be miserable only being able to climb to 15th in arena instead of first. That’s just how games work for me. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being F2P or finding enjoyment from the game in other ways though if you can.

You do know that it is possible to compete in arena ftp. You likely already have your arena team at g13. At least I'd hope so if you spend as much as you say.

And relics up to level 4 or 5 is only a manner of farming the signal data. Only a few weeks of farming.

Add to that the fact that relics add no speed so if you have good mods, you can still win against r7 teams with just g13 or r3 teams.

You can also get creative on offense. Gmy with speed gets tenacity up on your team and lets you resist many of tge debuffs while you land yours. That can make up for a little gear.

And when the dust settles you can spend again if and when you feel it's value to you.

But spend $500 a month or quit are not the only options. There are plenty of ftp in the top of arena through skill. Saying you have to spend $500 a month to be competitive is just not true.

What a long dead arena shard? I assure you in mine FTP couldn't break the top 25 maybe even 50. I mean we have G13 DR and Malak, JKR and company, and GG nukem along with regular sep, Padme teams teams in 200s and up. I have spent a decent amount on SWGOH and I can barely break into the top 100 for a few seconds.

We already have level 7 GG relics, DR, Malak, Anakin and more. Plus the assorted 1 to 7 range toons. This is all in the top 200. It is not even possible for a FTP player to even break the top 50 in my shard.

Since a f2p can be one of those with that g13 Malak, or Padme, or GG team, the idea that they can’t possibly compete with those teams is silly.

Please. I've got, i don't know 30ish G12 and one G13. I looked at pushing him to R2 but i'd have to blow a lot on cantina to get all the pieces only available there. I don't really have the crystals to keeping forking out for those things a 16 per try to crank it up - especially with god knows what's need for R7. Meanwhile, in my shard at my ranks, i'm seeing teams with 3-4 R7's. That's a 0.0% chance of win. And my G13 isn't even on my arena team, and even if so, that R1 isn't going to do squat.

So, could i get Malak? eventually, sure. I just got DR. Happens when they do like 6 new legendaries in 6 months. Impossible to keep up if you're not buying your way there or hoarded for a year ahead of time. So, buy the time i can actually get there, they'll have their roster G13'd and R7'd, but i'll have my G13 Malak...maybe.

If you want to let people buy to win, fine. Take the rewards out of it. Let them buy their way into bragging rights, but don't let it impact everyone else. Or, as has been suggested in this thread, move them to their own servers. Don't do what they did before and spread them to less whale infested waters for them to dominate.
  • Here's my outlook that i've come to get. Stop spending on the game, just let yourself progress in the natural order, and you'll enjoy the game a lot more.

I used to be a dolphin, some money here and there, Hounds tooth is the only thing i ever really went hard on. Anyway, I told myself to stop spending a few months ago and just go completely free to play, and i'm enjoying myself a lot more, I have 5 G13's, 4 level 1 relics and a level 4 relic on GG. Last GAC i won 10/12 matches, this GAC i've won 7 out of 8 with it looking to be 8 out of 9 pretty soon.

Point is, you don't have to be the best of the best, you don't have to be #1, it's just a game, so enjoy it, I'm a lot happier.
  • I love the current state of the game as a F2P.

I'm higher in arena than I've been in years (~50) with my single G13 Grievous at Relic Level 4. The massive GP increase from relics has all but guaranteed easy GAC matches for me going forward. And with minimal new content in the game, I'm not really missing out on anything but not spending!
  • cboath7 wrote: »
    Please. I've got, i don't know 30ish G12 and one G13. I looked at pushing him to R2 but i'd have to blow a lot on cantina to get all the pieces only available there. I don't really have the crystals to keeping forking out for those things a 16 per try to crank it up - especially with god knows what's need for R7. Meanwhile, in my shard at my ranks, i'm seeing teams with 3-4 R7's. That's a 0.0% chance of win. And my G13 isn't even on my arena team, and even if so, that R1 isn't going to do squat.

So, could i get Malak? eventually, sure. I just got DR. Happens when they do like 6 new legendaries in 6 months. Impossible to keep up if you're not buying your way there or hoarded for a year ahead of time. So, buy the time i can actually get there, they'll have their roster G13'd and R7'd, but i'll have my G13 Malak...maybe.

If you want to let people buy to win, fine. Take the rewards out of it. Let them buy their way into bragging rights, but don't let it impact everyone else. Or, as has been suggested in this thread, move them to their own servers. Don't do what they did before and spread them to less whale infested waters for them to dominate.

You don't seem to understand that you're not the only f2p in the game, or that other f2p might not have the exact same experiences as you. Just because you don't have Malak, after his second go around, and you haven't g13'd anyone on your arena team, doesn't mean that f2p can't compete with whales. It just means you can't.
  • cboath7 wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »

The person I was responding to claimed that it is impossible for f2p to compete with whales on his arena shard. YOU might not be able to compete with whales in arena, but plenty of other f2p are perfectly capable of doing so.
  • Sewperbad wrote: »
    Don’t know if I’ve ever seen a game with the Devs so out of line with the community and bent on destroying the game. Relics are just a massively scaled up version of the last dumb idea these bone heads had. Good riddance most of the community.

You good sir, need to read up on the fiasco that was galaxy on fire: alliances.....
  • I use DR, Thrawn, Badstilla, HK, GMY or Sion. My DR is 307 speed and my other SE toons are quite close. Thrawn, Sion and GMY are almost breaking the 300 mark. Nobody in the top 50 has 1 DR under 325. I broke into the top 100 before Malak and after Malak I dropped down into 100 to 150 range. Today I'm back at the beginning almost in the 200 range.

I'll reiterate that a FTP cannot take 1 on my server much less break the top 50. Whatever you may have smartly done wouldn't be enough. I don't care about what other shards have done or is doing I am merely saying that it is impossible for FTP to take 1 spot or even break the top 50.

My shard is ultra competitive and I wouldn't be surprised to see JKR and DRs as low as the 1000s. The top just don't run DR or GG nuke or GG sep or Padme exclusively because they have all of them G13 and now relics.

Besides no matter how smart you allocate res or whatever ftp magic you claim to use. The simple fact is to finish the relics for 1 toon is roughly $250.00+. These guys have done it for multiple toons.
  • Warp3dM1nd wrote: »
    I use DR, Thrawn, Badstilla, HK, GMY or Sion. My DR is 307 speed and my other SE toons are quite close. Thrawn, Sion and GMY are almost breaking the 300 mark. Nobody in the top 50 has 1 DR under 325. I broke into the top 100 before Malak and after Malak I dropped down into 100 to 150 range. Today I'm back at the beginning almost in the 200 range.

I'll reiterate that a FTP cannot take 1 on my server much less break the top 50. Whatever you may have smartly done wouldn't be enough. I don't care about what other shards have done or is doing I am merely saying that it is impossible for FTP to take 1 spot or even break the top 50.

My shard is ultra competitive and I wouldn't be surprised to see JKR and DRs as low as the 1000s. The top just don't run DR or GG nuke or GG sep or Padme exclusively because they have all of them G13 and now relics.

Besides no matter how smart you allocate res or whatever ftp magic you claim to use. The simple fact is to finish the relics for 1 toon is roughly $250.00+. These guys have done it for multiple toons.

It used to be that after you spent that much on the character you had it and the only time you would have to invest that much is if a new meta toon came out. Now all characters are reset to 0 until everyone spends 250 on each to relic them to 7 then guess what... relic 15 and another 300 bucks each... then 2 months later relic 20...

This is the 5 year plan
    I use DR, Thrawn, Badstilla, HK, GMY or Sion. My DR is 307 speed and my other SE toons are quite close. Thrawn, Sion and GMY are almost breaking the 300 mark. Nobody in the top 50 has 1 DR under 325. I broke into the top 100 before Malak and after Malak I dropped down into 100 to 150 range. Today I'm back at the beginning almost in the 200 range.

You need better mods, which has nothing to do with being a whale or F2P, but simply having favorable RNG while slicing.

Speed is still king in drevan mirror matches even when playing R1 vs R7.
    Padme, gg (including suicide), jkr have well established hard counters.

Your arena shard isn't the toughest, you just have mediocre mods... Invest some time diligently slicing mods and hopefully in a few weeks your results will be different.
  • this is all very interesting...

it seems like the game is starting to crumble lol

i stopped playing about 2 weeks or so after the release of g13 after taking top spot in arena for the last two and a bit years, and i started playing a few months after the game was released

i came back to the forums out of curiosity to see how the game has progressed since i quit playing (unlike most, i actually really did quit playing) but it was because the game got boring. i got roasted on the forums saying that there is actually no new content (referring to GAC and geo TB) and that they were just the same stuff with new skins

the thing is that the game is like really stale. relics or whatever they're called doesn't really make the game more interesting in my opinion, and whether i spend money on this game or not will not change that fact

also i really think that the devs need to hire some consultants. the game feels like a mish mash of ideas that are not coherent. either that or they really don't have a well thought out 5 year plan. the thing is they can have all of this stuff but if they actually thought about the release schedule (if they actually had a 5 year plan) then it wouldn't have pxssed so many people off

anyways i'm just rambling on about things, just like how the parts of the game are put together

meh

@Ikky2win i quit, whether you do or not is up to you but i think i feel happier for some reason lol, not having this extra chore in my life
  • With the actual state of the game there are NO NEW PLAYERS, hope this is clear enough Dear CG and Dear Whales...
    Have you ever considered the possibility that you might not be the best representation of what a F2P can achieve?

325+ speed DRs and 10+ G13 toons are by no means paylocked, a competitive F2P can have an 800+ daily crystal advantage over you (since you are at the margin of top 50). Multiply that by the number of days your shard has been running and you get a difference that might make an F2P account look like a heavy spender compared to what you have.
  • All those that claiming to be f2p that doing well in arena,are playing for 3+ years allready and have hoarded tons of resources,if you want to see how bad the game is,start an alt account and come send me a pm how well you are doing vs whales in arena and gac.
    Tho even being a whale you can still make bad decisions and mistakes in arena,gac,so others can beat you,but still.I just want to bring a different perspective here.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    All those that claiming to be f2p that doing well in arena,are playing for 3+ years allready and have hoarded tons of resources,if you want to see how bad the game is,start an alt account and come send me a pm how well you are doing vs whales in arena and gac.
    Tho even being a whale you can still make bad decisions and mistakes in arena,gac,so others can beat you,but still.I just want to bring a different perspective here.

Spenders have always had an advantage to start, otherwise they wouldn't spend. Nothing new here
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    LastNeuron wrote: »
    With the actual state of the game there are NO NEW PLAYERS, hope this is clear enough Dear CG and Dear Whales...

This isn't even close to being slightly true.

And if a f2p also has DR over 325 speed? And has Malak? You still claim that f2p couldn’t possibly take 1 on your server?
  • Liath wrote: »
    And if a f2p also has DR over 325 speed? And has Malak? You still claim that f2p couldn’t possibly take 1 on your server?

No such f2p could possibly exist.
  • Shills are out in force.. yes men abound. Brownie hounds are baying at the moon, with no logic to be found. Some run in circles, crying the sky is falling. While those on high ignore it all, it truely is appalling. But have no fear dear readers, you don't have time to lament. For all the crys of outrage, those in the counting house are watching, and you ain't seen nothing yet. So huddle close now dearies, and be mindful of the storm, for greed knows no boundaries and comes in many forms...
  • I used to spend €300 per month but now I'm just going to be F2P because I feel all the money I spent to date was useless. I spent to gear old squads (Phoenix, Ewoks, etc) and all of them are useless. I spent to get JKR, DR and they are now useless unless I spend more for relics... So now I'm just going to collect the toons I like and watch the game die.