Episode 9 content - How are you preparing?

Prev1345
Long post, TL;DR provided.

With the insanity & pandemonium relics has brought to the game this week, I'm more curious (& probably also concerned) than ever about what we've got coming up in the next few months. Even with more prequel content coming up soon, & being as prepared for that as I can be, my sights are more set on the sequel content we have coming with the release of Episode 9 -- plus maybe delayed Last Jedi stuff. So I'm curious as to how everyone else is preparing for any & all of that, & if people are feeling any particular tremors in the Force they are guiding your farming/grinding. 

Personally, I've got all of the First Order (with the exception of SFTP) at gear 12, almost all zetas, & most of the Resistance at gear 12, almost all zetas. Still gearing up Rose & Holdo, having them up there & ready should they be required for anything, which I feel would be a decent tactic on CG's part, since many players wouldn't touch those characters with a 12-parsec pole. Debating on exactly how far to take them, but I'll probably preemptively take them up to 10 or 11 & have the gear ready for more if they need it. I also have the resources to gear 13 several of the big Resistance/FO players, like JTR & KRU, but haven't pulled the trigger just yet. Which brings me to...

My concern & at this point legit fear is with the ceiling having been raised recently with Gear 13 & now Relics, that most of the new Legendary/Journey/Epic Confrontation content will be gated potentially all the way up to that level. Gear 12/zetas/GP minimum requirement events could be difficult enough in some past events, but with so much having happened in the last month or so, characters (& therefore necessary grinding) have grown almost exponentially in power since our last big event. So like I said, I can take several to G13, throw in a couple relic levels, but I don't know about a whole faction or two... I'm a newly-wed who is keeping a close eye on the finances, so if that means I don't get whatever it is first-round, that's ultimately fine, hardcore bummed though I'll be, but I obviously wanna be as prepared as I possibly can be, because I am really hyped about sequel content, & despite concerns with the game this week, I'm sure the devs have some exciting stuff coming up for us. 

And as a random thought, we may also want to consider the influx of players that will be coming into the game around that point. Any of that content (aside from possibly some marquees) almost certainly won't be accessible at all to new players, obviously, but if the new content is impossible to get except for by the Krakens, then the usual, ever-increasing community uproar may reflect somewhat poorly on so many new players. ...But then again that might not be a factor whatsoever. Whatever it is, I'm hyped, I wanna stay that way, & I PRAY that every bit of this content isn't an impossible, Kraken-exclusive Epic Confrontation. Or Legendary Confrontation. Who knows. Not to give the devs any ideas or anything... /wink

TL;DR: What are you guys' theories for Episode 9 content? How are you preparing, if at all? Gear 13-ing JTR, BB-8, KRU? Which toons are you focusing on in general? Weak theory in that they did happen to show them taking a JTR to 13 as their example character in that great relic video they posted the other day. Coincidence? 
And bonus question, who do you think we'll see? Surely for sure another Journey event with Jedi Rey or something. Supreme Leader Kylo is also basically a guarantee. Plus probably Knights of Ren, & maybe super delayed Praetorians?

Replies

• I am not. Lol
  • I've started farming Rose and Holdo as they're both at 4 stars, but that's about it for now. Not planning to invest any gear or zetas into my Resistance or First Order anytime soon.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    I don’t gear in anticipation of anything, I only collect gear and wait for the thing to be announced. Right now I am focusing that on LS Geo and anticipating a new meta in squad and/or ships prior to Episode 9. Once the next thing hits I will probably worry more about FO/Res, but won’t actually add gear to any of them until something is announced (unless I have an independent reason to do so).

There’s nothing to farm right now so that isn’t currently an issue. If something sequel related gets released I will try to farm it as quickly as is reasonable.
  • I'm not preparing. Whatever comes, I'll get it the second or third time.
  • I'm mostly sitting on my resources until then. I already have all the Resistance and First Order characters 7 starred, and I'm in the process of finishing farming Poe's X-wing and Rey's Falcon.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Switchblade Rey
    LS, DS, Jedi, Sith, Resistance, Leader, Support, Tank, Attacker, Goddess
    Double-time: Deal physical damage once and special damage once to target enemy, then expose them and gain secret intel.
    Greatest Hero: Remove all debuffs from all allies, then they recover 100% health and protection. Gain potency up then apply expose to all enemies for 2 turns.
    Worst Foe: Deal physical damage to all exposed enemies, apply healing immunity to all enemies (which can’t be dispelled) for 2 turns, then deal special damage to all debuffed enemies who aren’t exposed.
    My daddy was a Sith Lord (leader): Resistance allies gain +50% potency and max health. Whenever an enemy is debuffed (except expose), all Resistance allies gain 5% offense until the end of the battle (stacking). Whenever a Resistance ally exposes an enemy, reduce that ally’s cool down by 1. Whenever an enemy resists a debuff from a Resistance ally, that ally applies expose for 2 turns instead (can’t be resisted).
    I like a good Rose’: Rey gains 25% offense and health steal for each Sith ally, and gains 15 speed and 15% evasion for each Jedi ally.
    Always right: Rey has 100% counter chance. Her counter attacks remove all debuffs from her and all buffs from her target (even if evaded).

To unlock you’ll need to first win the legendary Snoke top half event (requiring KRU, FOE, FOSFTP, Hux and Knight of Ren), then win the Snoke bottom half event (Requiring JTR, Rose, Holdo, Grumpy Luke and Porg Queen). Then once you put both pieces of Snoke together and gear him, KRU, JTR, Hux, and Grumpy Luke to G13 they’ll just barely have enough GP to qualify for the event’s cutoff. But you should probably get them all to at least R4, to be safe.
  • My guess is they will throw in some new character that would be needed a few weeks before any Episode 9 related event. I have 22 shards left to finish Rose, which I have been farming in the nice lull we have had from infinite Marquee events. I have actually managed to get down to only 12 toons (which include Malak and Wat Tambor) and three ships (which include Negotiator and Vulture Droid) that aren't 7*. My gear farming is certainly suffering, but I am pretty resigned to the fact I most likely won't be getting any new event character the first time through. Once I finally finish the toon farming, I can finally concentrate solely on gear and any new toons.
  • I’m prepping. I’ve got G13 Kylo (original, not KRU), and two pieces away from G13 JTR. Only G13 toons I’ll have. Might do either KRU next or JKA, haven’t decided.

Farming Holdo (sort of). No Rose yet but planning on it once current farms are done (Range Troop and Juhani). May also wait to see if she’s actually necessary.
  • They will release new toons to unlock hero journey, so all your work will be pointless...
  • Not doing anything because Knights of Ren will be released as marquee then you will need them all at 16500 to get Jedi Master Rey
  • Expect g13+relic level difficulty for any future end-game content. But since we cannot know exactly where to focus our efforts, a wise choice may be to simply hoard all the necessary materials to be able to g13r7 a faction on demand. The other option is just to purchase what you need when the time comes if that is your preference.
    There is a benefit to high power level requirements for end-game content: you don't have to worry about slicing your high speed mods to 6• because you won't have to move them to g11- heroes for future events.
  • I am preparing for EP9 by not preparing for EP9. I would never clutter my roster with a new crybaby Kylo or any of the others. I don't care if it's a year-long super meta, to hell with the new movies.
  • it would be redic if rose or holdo were needed for anything. (spoilers!) rip.

rtt: I'm waiting
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Slowly getting Rose to 7* and hoping that I won't ever be forced to gear her.
  • I am preparing for EP9 by not preparing for EP9. I would never clutter my roster with a new crybaby Kylo or any of the others. I don't care if it's a year-long super meta, to hell with the new movies.

I've never really understood this mentality. The game essentially has nothing to do with the movies aside from using the same characters. Why would you intentionally cripple yourself just because you don't like a particular character? I never played KOTOR, but you can bet your left buttcheek I still farmed hard to get both Revans and Malak.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Took Palpatine to G13, going to work on the Vets so I can get JTR.. I’ll be taking KRU to G13 also.. either way it’ll be good for GAC if those characters aren’t needed...
    I’m sure they’ll release something new we can’t prepare for...
  • I’m sure they’ll release something new we can’t prepare for...

Likely. This is why it makes more sense to just hoard than to gear anybody up now.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Took Palpatine to G13, going to work on the Vets so I can get JTR.. I’ll be taking KRU to G13 also.. either way it’ll be good for GAC if those characters aren’t needed...
    I’m sure they’ll release something new we can’t prepare for...

There is nothing that can’t be prepared for through hoarding of various resources including crystals, unless they release something that can only be obtained with cash, which would be a quite substantial change from consistent practice.
  • Rogenhamen
    160 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    jlj7emmpwp2x.jpg
    Disney Wars is gross, don't bother with that trash.
    Jarvind wrote: »
    I am preparing for EP9 by not preparing for EP9. I would never clutter my roster with a new crybaby Kylo or any of the others. I don't care if it's a year-long super meta, to hell with the new movies.
    Why would you intentionally cripple yourself just because you don't like a particular character?

Because we don't like the characters, regardless of how powerful or meta defining they are.
    Some players play to have the most efficient roster in PvP, Raids, etc.; some are collectors and want them all; and others only want the characters that they like and have a personal connection with.
    Take my roster for example, I've got all the Kotor toons, except for Darth Treya and Malak, and most of them are G12 with Zetas, because I love the characters. I don't have CLS or JTR because CLS was only alright as a character, a little whiney, and Rey is... Rey. This is how I want to play the game, it may not be conventional or efficient, but this is how I choose to play.
    Started July 2016, completely FTP : https://swgoh.gg/u/rogenhamen/
  • MightyWizard
    872 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Jarvind wrote: »
    I am preparing for EP9 by not preparing for EP9. I would never clutter my roster with a new crybaby Kylo or any of the others. I don't care if it's a year-long super meta, to hell with the new movies.

I've never really understood this mentality. The game essentially has nothing to do with the movies aside from using the same characters. Why would you intentionally cripple yourself just because you don't like a particular character? I never played KOTOR, but you can bet your left buttcheek I still farmed hard to get both Revans and Malak.

Well I play this game out of love for StarWars and the universe/lore. I mean, I get to put Nihilus, Dooku, and Maul on the same team to kill Yoda or whatever, and that's pretty awesome. And although I enjoy winning and competetive play, it's by no means what keeps me coming back to this game, if I wanted a sense of achievement I would go out and actually achieve something, or play a game that is properly competetive.

No, this game is purely recreational to me, it's like the StarWars action figures I loved and collected as a child I guess. So yeah I play sort of casually. And even though I will grind and farm like there's no tomorrow(casually) for characters such as Traya, Grievous, DR and General Anakin it's because I like those characters and want to add them to my collection. That's my main driving point.

I just won't do the same for any of the new movies, as honestly I think they're sort of crap, the characters are sort of crap, and they sort of **** with fundamental StarWars lore. It's not that I hate Disney or hate these characters or anything, it's just that I don't really like them and the thought of me spending months grinding and gearing these toons rather than the ones I want is, frankly, hilarious. Even if they will get me first in arena for six months. In the meantime I imagine my posse of bad guys + an eventual new Anakin will let me stay mostly undefeated in GA, and relevant in TW.

Still I do see your point of you're coming from a purely competetive place yourself.
  • I am not.
  • I doubt I’ll make it to episode 9. Relics are breaking the game, so I’m not expecting to last much longer unless there are some major changes.
  • I do not prepare because I don't know what is coming / should come. Maybe a better Palpatine?

I really hope they do more KOTOR stuff tbh. I love this era. I really hope to see stuff from SWTOR in the future. I want Valkorion, Senya, Arcann, Vailyn and Thexan.
  • I bet Palpatine gets a relic ability that lets him revive...
  • uhr5f1m7b3jm.jpeg

I just hope we get this character...
  • All of them are 7*

That's it for now.

Pure speculation on my part but I believe the next Darth Malak style toon will be Ep9 related.
  • I've started farming Rose and Holdo as they're both at 4 stars, but that's about it for now. Not planning to invest any gear or zetas into my Resistance or First Order anytime soon.

If Rose is a requirement I am done 4 good
  • While I’m not currently working on them, I’d like at some point to finish my first order characters, but I simply have other priorities that I’m working on since I’m not a competitive person. Currently working on Separatists and Galactic Republic since I do like territory battles though, and I just like the separatists, while I’m doing that, I’m also slowly rounding out my knights of the old republic characters since I loved those games.