2 Shots at DRev B4 Next Malak?

Given the time between the 1st and 2nd Malak events, it seems we’ll likely get two shots at DRev b4 the next time Malak shows up.

Has it been announced a time frame in between these new Epic Confrontation events?

Replies

• Nope. They've always stated they won't adhere to a cadence until the third time anyways, so maybe Malak is in another 6 months, maybe he's in 6 weeks, maybe he pops up at the end of the next DR event (which would actually probably make them a bit of money instead of waiting 6 months).
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    It's safer to not assume anything and just get DR this next time if you can.
    Since there is little panic farm to profit from by the third event, it's not out of the realm os possibilities even to have the 3rd Malak event end two days before the fourth DR starts.
  • its always safer to make sure you're geared and ready well in advance
  • Its been 1 to 1 so far...why do you assume they'll change now?
  • Dont assume anything, the devs themselves have stated that the malak event can be scheduled anyhow.

Here's the exact quote from Q&A

Q: You've set expectations around all the other kinds of events. Why won't you do the same for Malak?
    A: Tophat - Malak represents a different style of event than we've done before in the past. There's a number of puzzle elements and the requirements, while similar to Legendary and Journey events, are also somewhat different. Given the amount of power in Darth Malak and the difference in the event style, we decided early on that it would be different in cadence than some of our other events. Once we establish/create a few more of them we'll commit ourselves to a cadence in the future. We're not ready to do that right now. As a general note, and because of the confusion of calling it a Mythic Battle which is a lot like a Mythic event, we're going to rebrand the Malak style of event as an "Epic Confrontation."
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    Its been 1 to 1 so far...why do you assume they'll change now?

Mainly the time interval they established with the first 2 has me thinking we might get 2 DR events... if Epic Confrontations are going to require multiple Mythic characters, I’d love to see them change to a very frequent event, every few weeks maybe, just continue to keep it unannounced though.

• CCyrilS wrote: »
    Its been 1 to 1 so far...why do you assume they'll change now?

Mainly the time interval they established with the first 2 has me thinking we might get 2 DR events... if Epic Confrontations are going to require multiple Mythic characters, I’d love to see them change to a very frequent event, every few weeks maybe, just continue to keep it unannounced though.

Eh, anything's possible. I would think it might get a little more frequent in the future.
  • I'm going with November(although everyone else on here is still right. Be ready as early as possible!) I feel like they are going to run Malak in November. Most people who haven't gotten him unlock him and then....BAM, they destroy the Meta again when Episode 9 comes out.
  • It’s not likely but I wish we’d get to a high frequency occurrence for legendaries once they are no longer Meta. Like once a month. Or even a year after the event, they could always be always available once you meet requirements. Why wait on something that won’t make a difference in the arena performance anymore?
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    It’s not likely but I wish we’d get to a high frequency occurrence for legendaries once they are no longer Meta. Like once a month. Or even a year after the event, they could always be always available once you meet requirements. Why wait on something that won’t make a difference in the arena performance anymore?

Because it's a global game, not just from a geographical standpoint, but also from a progress standpoint.

Also because the game is more than just arena, and more than that it's a game about making choices. Farming choices are part of that.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

Because it's a global game, not just from a geographical standpoint, but also from a progress standpoint.

While this is a factually correct statement, this doesn’t address why you would or wouldn’t want to increase the opportunity to acquire characters once the meta has moved on.
    TVF wrote: »

Also because the game is more than just arena, and more than that it's a game about making choices. Farming choices are part of that.

Perhaps... although changing the frequency an event occurs doesn’t change the farming requirements. Just the timing a player would decide to actually farm for a character. I’m of the opinion that once the meta has moved on, the exclusivity of an event isn’t as necessary. You seem to think otherwise and that’s okay too.

• TVF
    36568 posts Member

While this is a factually correct statement, this doesn’t address why you would or wouldn’t want to increase the opportunity to acquire characters once the meta has moved on.

Perhaps... although changing the frequency an event occurs doesn’t change the farming requirements. Just the timing a player would decide to actually farm for a character. I’m of the opinion that once the meta has moved on, the exclusivity of an event isn’t as necessary. You seem to think otherwise and that’s okay too.

Not everyone is at the same point in the game and just letting new players get any legendary the second they finish the requirements is not a good idea.
  • TVF wrote: »

Not everyone is at the same point in the game and just letting new players get any legendary the second they finish the requirements is not a good idea.

You could be right. It’s all about finding the right balance between exclusivity and availability. The impatient side of me leans towards more availability though.

I’m very interested in what the new framework for Epic Confrontations will look like. Will they follow a routine cadence? Will they all require power level minimums? Multi team requirements?
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    CG monetizes impatience. There's your answer on why things are the way they are.
  • With Malak back so soon in Oct, my hopes are 50% fulfilled!!! Just need the DRevan event to shorten that interval up and I’ll be a happy camper!
  • It’s not likely but I wish we’d get to a high frequency occurrence for legendaries once they are no longer Meta. Like once a month. Or even a year after the event, they could always be always available once you meet requirements. Why wait on something that won’t make a difference in the arena performance anymore?

Since this concept was basically confirmed in the Q&A today, it’s likely been in the works for many months, but I must say it feels great to see an idea shared on the forum seemingly make its way into the game.

Really enjoyed the Oct Q&A, CG!