Grand Arena Championships MEGATHREAD

Replies

• Like poster above I thought I had joined GA for this week and apparently I didn't so am i SOL the rest of this tournament? The more you change the game the more I am thinking of moving on.
  • 1swhn6vqck2z.jpg

Why full squad? Why not team consisting only from separatist (atleast 3 separatist, like with clones)? Its just stupid, because in some cases you must fight with undersized squads if you want to win GA match...
  • I joined this round of the GA having played the last two rounds. At player lock, having not only joined but been through my rosta of mods and adjusted it, instead of a match up, I find my GA says "No active event". As someone who made it to Khyber last time I am more than a bit fed up and now do not have access to important event currency, mod slicing gear, zetas etc. I have contacted EA help and am told that a number of other players have had the same issue. I am told that the issue is with CG but that is all EA help can tell me or do for me. Can I ask that CG get in touch with those of us affected and tell us how we are to be compensated, either by way of email (EA help have mine if you need it) or by way of an announcement.

Thanks
  • I’m not sure if this has been flagged but has anyone looked at the impact of a phased roll out of the relic update on GAC? I only got the client update after player lock for this session but my opponent for the current round already has tier 2 relics on his G13 Bossk. It’s something of an academic point for me personally as I don’t yet have G13 but surely some people will be in rounds with relics and others who didn’t get the update so soon will have relics they can’t use? Seems daft to roll a major upgrade out across player lock and it could make a difference for some between Khyber or not.
  • If they don't take into account Relic level.... GAC will be tantamount to a canned hunt. Pay to play preying on free to play.
  • 81c6rbyad3s3.png

Was losing, but around 3:20 into the match I lost all attack icons and was unable to attack, auto attack or even retreat as the cog icon became inaccessible.
  • Versatti wrote: »
    81c6rbyad3s3.png

Was losing, but around 3:20 into the match I lost all attack icons and was unable to attack, auto attack or even retreat as the cog icon became inaccessible.

That's why u set that team on defense so it does that to the enemy not you.

Your playing wrong.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Versatti wrote: »
    81c6rbyad3s3.png

That's why u set that team on defense so it does that to the enemy not you.

Your playing wrong.

Ignore this.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Mismatched opponents in Grand Arena are these issues being addressed. My opponents have been above the limits of GP according to the arena since the upgrade. Thanks for looking into this issue!b779982gm1r3.png
    08qvwoyy98ls.png
    ze8vrpbaj0u5.png
    jdytrksd4d3e.png
    3nd49c9v2iqg.png
    1bpyhnmgikb6.png
    9j3xqku4nw5g.png
  • Mismatched opponents in Grand Arena are these issues being addressed. My opponents have been above the limits of GP according to the arena since the upgrade. Thanks for looking into this issue!

They must’ve gone over 3.1M after matchmaking.
  • Still crashing in GAC....cost me my entire round because it wasted my GG hard counter team. @CG_SBCrumb @CG_TopHat you think you guys could finally work the bugs out of GAC instead of pushing out blatant cash grabs? Or are you guys that obvious in just wanting to push broken products out and only cater to spenders
  • No buttons cost me the win last round... (round 2 if 3rd ga). this final round game crashed on my second battle so now I'm down a team. It's getting worse.
  • 1 g13 vs 8 g13 with relics
    36 g12 vs 50 g12

super **** fun play and fair matchmaking, but well, what can you expect from ea
  • 1 g13 vs 8 g13 with relics
    36 g12 vs 50 g12

Thats exactly what this matchmaking algorithm was meant to do. Punish you for not spending, or not spending enough, and rewarding the other roster for spending more.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    YetiYeti wrote: »
    1 g13 vs 8 g13 with relics
    36 g12 vs 50 g12

Thats exactly what this matchmaking algorithm was meant to do. Punish you for not spending, or not spending enough, and rewarding the other roster for spending more.

Or punish you for not managing your resources enough, and rewarding the other roster for managing their resources better.
  • TVF wrote: »
    36 g12 vs 50 g12

Or punish you for not managing your resources enough, and rewarding the other roster for managing their resources better.

Hahahahaha! Not at all... Otherwise it wouldn't punish focused rosters.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    36 g12 vs 50 g12

Hahahahaha! Not at all... Otherwise it wouldn't punish focused rosters.

It doesn't.
  • If they don't take into account Relic level.... GAC will be tantamount to a canned hunt. Pay to play preying on free to play.

It will take into account relics...just like it takes into account everything else, a single number of top X gp. At least relics are giving huge gp boosts unlike g13 itself.
  • No_Try wrote: »
    If they don't take into account Relic level.... GAC will be tantamount to a canned hunt. Pay to play preying on free to play.

It will take into account relics...just like it takes into account everything else, a single number of top X gp. At least relics are giving huge gp boosts unlike g13 itself.

It will not account for relics very well. Some would argue not at all...

Relics increase a characters power by 200 to 300% yet the relics only increase galactic power by just 20% so technically they are accounted for by the gp of top 80.

Does a 20% increase in gp accurately account for a 200-300% increase in health/damage.
    If they don't take into account Relic level.... GAC will be tantamount to a canned hunt. Pay to play preying on free to play.

Relics increase a characters power by 200 to 300% yet the relics only increase galactic power by just 20% so technically they are accounted for by the gp of top 80.

Does a 20% increase in gp accurately account for a 200-300% increase in health/damage.

Assuming you are asking my opinion, I think the whole matchmaking system is junk for the same reason you exemplified but that runs very deep...right back to lower gear where gp gains are extremely modest compared to 1-stat gains, 2-resources it takes.

But then obviously the system is already built to take relics into account as is...and compared flat g13 numbers having next to no impact, relics have much greater impact.

Right in this GAC, I got a 30 g13 disparity matchup. Due to relics gp impact those peeps will slide out of my matchable grade to some degree. Ofc other high spenders that were previously at lower gp and have less zetas and what not then me will slide into my scope.

I don't really care getting into another long winded MM argument. It will change when it does change. Just trying to understand the impact on the current scheme.
    No_Try wrote: »

Assuming you are asking my opinion, I think the whole matchmaking system is junk for the same reason you exemplified but that runs very deep...right back to lower gear where gp gains are extremely modest compared to 1-stat gains, 2-resources it takes.

But then obviously the system is already built to take relics into account as is...and compared flat g13 numbers having next to no impact, relics have much greater impact.

Right in this GAC, I got a 30 g13 disparity matchup. Due to relics gp impact those peeps will slide out of my matchable grade to some degree. Ofc other high spenders that were previously at lower gp and have less zetas and what not then me will slide into my scope.

I don't really care getting into another long winded MM argument. It will change when it does change. Just trying to understand the impact on the current scheme.

My point is the impact from relic will be minimal on matchmaking if anything... the boost they add is way more than the buff of gp, not even same ballpark, not even same galaxy for that matter...

People saying relics will be adjusted for in mm are in a for a huge suprise next GA when they have 0 relics and get matched vs a guy with 3 lvl7 teams (because they have roughly the same top 80 gp)

My point is the impact from relic will be minimal on matchmaking if anything... the boost they add is way more than the buff of gp, not even same ballpark, not even same galaxy for that matter...

People saying relics will be adjusted for in mm are in a for a huge suprise next GA when they have 0 relics and get matched vs a guy with 3 lvl7 teams (because they have roughly the same top 80 gp)

Has anyone put down the gp table for relics yet? I've been afk and merely trying to grasp relics today, but I don't expect that huge relic disparities merely going by the numbers I'm seeing in my roster.

Take this;
    GG 13 2 zetas relic 5 28912 gp
    DR 12+5 3 zetas 27129
    JKR 12+5 3 zetas 26876

So relic 5 goes 2k gp over 2 toons with an extra zeta. By an abrupt logic in order for me to get matched with a player 15 relic7 toons over me, the lower tail of their top 80 needs to be much less geared to sum up to same top 80 gp as me.

This is much different than the 4k gp difference 20 g13s over mine that I actually got matched with this gac. Not saying it can't happen, we'll see.

The disparity doesn't need to so huge for it to be the main determinor of the match result though. Much like the "I can't beat Malak" debacle, a single high relic showstopper team will be the difference between a high spender and f2p who gets matched with him on many matches this week. Brace in for complaint impact xD
  • Botted a comparison with my resident arena kraken. Yuck yuck yuck. I'm almost in his match-up range.

0uqbznl8w1lr.png

Has anyone put down the gp table for relics yet? I've been afk and merely trying to grasp relics today, but I don't expect that huge relic disparities merely going by the numbers I'm seeing in my roster.

Take this;
    GG 13 2 zetas relic 5 28912 gp
    DR 12+5 3 zetas 27129
    JKR 12+5 3 zetas 26876

So relic 5 goes 2k gp over 2 toons with an extra zeta. By an abrupt logic in order for me to get matched with a player 15 relic7 toons over me, the lower tail of their top 80 needs to be much less geared to sum up to same top 80 gp as me.

This is much different than the 4k gp difference 20 g13s over mine that I actually got matched with this gac. Not saying it can't happen, we'll see.

The disparity doesn't need to so huge for it to be the main determinor of the match result though. Much like the "I can't beat Malak" debacle, a single high relic showstopper team will be the difference between a high spender and f2p who gets matched with him on many matches this week. Brace in for complaint impact xD

15 toons r7 x 5k gp each is 75k gp...

If anyone thinks a 75k gp difference is gonna change matchmaking where we see spreads of 300k 400k and 500k gp then those people best get ready to be proven wrong when round 4 launches...

Grabbing a box of Oroville Redinbacher on my way home tonight...
  • When matchmaking will be more equitable, I know a lot of people who do not register, what do you expect to do for balanced speed, equipment
  • Here's the relic comparison of this weeks pool for me (around 5M gp). No eye popping difference on anyone. Subject to change in upcoming weeks/gacs. The math so far is taking place exactly as I pondered on in the previous posts ;)

8zw40sht0r95.png
    f287gdf9hafi.png
    38sqwc18xjhd.png
    3rzslkl9hhnr.png
    zv3y4nsi5ssd.png
    u0rm6vhmpa1j.png
    lrle66dhos2f.png
  • My guild was just annihilated in TW thanks to relic differance, i'm sure GA will be equally unfair in the future...thanks for destroying a great game EA/CG!
    The matchmaking will never be accurate, biggest downfall of SWGOH 👎👎
  • 4 player leave the game in my guilde and more friend dont play gac, what do you expect !!! Move your **** !!
  • We can all see how efficient your cheater control is. I'm facing one of them right now, and I'm pretty sure he will even be able to bring home this GA round. None of his GA teams are properly geared, but they're all somehow faster than mine, even if my teams have 30 more speed on average. He didn't even bother deploying a good defense, as he thought I would have lost due to the surprise. I've sent a PM to lucifersdaddy and reported him in-game. Is this enough to have at least his account checked? Or do I need to rain dance before your desks to have something addressed?