We are the real heros

Prev1
jedibaer71
466 posts Member
edited September 19
we are talking about the hardest and worst ship shard of the game!

we have to refresh twice on average EACH DAY to reach rank 1

150 crystals per day
150 x 365 = 54.750 crystals/15.710crystals = nearly 3.5 vaults

our ship shard is a gold-mine for ea/cg.

-we have to refesh so often.
-we need the best ships and the best geared pilots.
-we need a few hours to climb.
-6 player of my shard are in the top 10 (top players by fleet arena battles won)

AND WE STILL PLAY THE GAME!

WE ARE THE REAL HEROES IN SWGOH!!!

are we not?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

  • In other words, you have to invest 150 c in order to gain 250 c (plus 1,800 fleet tokens and other goodies). That's not a bad deal and it doesn't cost you anything. If you keep a mere ~50 c from your arena payouts, you have enough left with the crystals from your dailies to do the same thing again tomorrow.
  • I heard rumors about a fiercely competitive and/or overcrowded fleet shard in the past, you mean there's another one? To think that I consider it a bad day when I drop from 1 to 40...
    Revive the stores, the game needs it.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    To think that I consider it a bad day when I drop from 1 to 40...

    Bro it’s a bad week if I move from 172 to 173
  • I don't know what op means by vaults. And if payout is larger than what they spend then so what? Who cares?
  • Liath
    4797 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    I heard rumors about a fiercely competitive and/or overcrowded fleet shard in the past, you mean there's another one? To think that I consider it a bad day when I drop from 1 to 40...

    That shard was broken in half. By all reports, the two halves are still significantly more competitive than the vast majority of ship shards out there.
    DadKev wrote: »
    I don't know what op means by vaults. And if payout is larger than what they spend then so what? Who cares?

    A vault is the biggest box of crystals sold.
  • Well that's why it gets harder.

    Because CG knows we will still play.
  • I'm still entering 1 ship battle and leaving right after, just for the daily. That is how much I care about ships.
  • jedibaer71 wrote: »
    we are talking about the hardest and worst ship shard of the game!

    we have to refresh twice on average EACH DAY to reach rank 1

    150 crystals per day
    150 x 365 = 54.750 crystals/15.710crystals = nearly 3.5 vaults

    our ship shard is a gold-mine for ea/cg.

    -we have to refesh so often.
    -we need the best ships and the best geared pilots.
    -we need a few hours to climb.
    -6 player of my shard are in the top 10 (top players by fleet arena battles won)

    AND WE STILL PLAY THE GAME!

    WE ARE THE REAL HEROES IN SWGOH!!!

    are we not?

    Well, it doesn't really "cost" you 150 crystals totalling nearly 3.5 Vaults a year if you are actually getting to Rank-1 by doing that. You then get a 400 Crystal per day payout, so you're actually getting 5.8 Vaults worth of crystals in payout once your climbing refreshes are taken into account...obviously it'd be nicer if you didn't have to refresh at all though :)
  • Nauros wrote: »
    To think that I consider it a bad day when I drop from 1 to 40...

    Bro it’s a bad week if I move from 172 to 173

    You're joking but I think you're right. I dropped from 35 to 78
  • jedibaer71
    466 posts Member
    edited September 18
    @Beeblebrox of course you are right! no question, i only wanted to mention, that we lose 3.5 vaults of crystals in comparison with players, who didn't fall so deep and have to fight maximum 5 fights per day.

    the only reason, why we do this to us, are the fleet arena token. normally i'm 4/5 zetas behind in the gac...
  • 2nd to 15th is bad for me..
  • jedibaer71 wrote: »
    @Beeblebrox of course you are right! no question, i only wanted to mention, that we lose 3.5 vaults of crystals in comparison with players, who didn't fall so deep and have to fight maximum 5 fights per day.

    Although I'd be interested to hear how such a currently competitive fleet shard deals with people switching over to a Negotiator fleet instead of the established Home One fleet - could be a good proving ground
  • Asoonan
    1 posts Member
    edited September 18
    ,
  • So far there have been 2 in the shard. Home1 is still harder, and much shorter battles. Negotiator is good on O, not so good on D. yet. missing a ship.
  • jedibaer71 wrote: »
    @Beeblebrox of course you are right! no question, i only wanted to mention, that we lose 3.5 vaults of crystals in comparison with players, who didn't fall so deep and have to fight maximum 5 fights per day.

    the only reason, why we do this to us, are the fleet arena token. normally i'm 4/5 zetas behind in the gac...

    Your math assumes that no one on other shards need to refresh.
    The reality is that many shards require players to do at least 1 refresh daily. Arena shards are full of players who quit playing early on, so there tends to be less competition. Fleet shards open later and came later in the game so most early shards are full of active players. Coupled with a meta that hasn’t changed and no real way to set yourself apart from your competitors, every battle is a mirror and players drop far enough to need a refresh.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    To think that I consider it a bad day when I drop from 1 to 40...

    Bro it’s a bad week if I move from 172 to 173

    Same here. I pretty much just auto (usually a loss) a battle each day for the daily quest and because I’m happy where I’m at. I usually will be at the same rank for many days in a row. If I see it drop close to the threshold of the next rank rewards I’ll try to climb that day but that seldom happens for me.
  • jedibaer71
    466 posts Member
    edited September 18
    @kello_511 also no question! in an „average“ shard i would say, a good player with a good team should be able to reach rank 1 under 10 fights. the same in fleets. one refresh doesn‘t hurt.

    but if you start in a rank 50+, you have to win 8/9 fights. with good rng and if you aren‘t knocked back you need between 10 and 15 fights.

    with cooldowns you are busy for good two/three hours. if i don‘t pay attention always, i find myself knocked back. total annoying with the time.

    in my arena shard more than 50% quit the game in the last 3 years.

    4 only in the last 4 month. (too time intensive...)

    i cannot understand why they do nothing against this time-management-nightmare.

    daily acivities when we want.
    tb when we want
    tw when we want
    raids when we want (guild dependend)
    gac when we want
    arena and ship arena: the daily grind in the ship arena.

    to join our payout is good, but we have in reality less possibilities. 10.00 am arena and 11.00 ships, my only chance to get first in both. refresh 16.00 afternoon, twelve hours later the 3 free currency at 04.00 in the morning... 🤪
  • TVF
    16985 posts Member
    edited September 18
    kello_511 wrote: »
    jedibaer71 wrote: »
    @Beeblebrox of course you are right! no question, i only wanted to mention, that we lose 3.5 vaults of crystals in comparison with players, who didn't fall so deep and have to fight maximum 5 fights per day.

    the only reason, why we do this to us, are the fleet arena token. normally i'm 4/5 zetas behind in the gac...

    Your math assumes that no one on other shards need to refresh.
    The reality is that many shards require players to do at least 1 refresh daily. Arena shards are full of players who quit playing early on, so there tends to be less competition. Fleet shards open later and came later in the game so most early shards are full of active players. Coupled with a meta that hasn’t changed and no real way to set yourself apart from your competitors, every battle is a mirror and players drop far enough to need a refresh.

    This is the complete opposite of conventional wisdom, which granted can be wrong, but states that way less people bother with fleet. There's tons of people (granted, again, anecdotal) where the top 20 never falls farther than that. My fleet shard is one of those. Haven't heard of a squad shard like that, unless maybe if you're on a launch shard like @Nikoms565 .

    Also a fleet shard is 10% the size of a squad shard.

    Also also, no need to shout OP, we can hear you.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • jedibaer71 wrote: »
    @kello_511 also no question! in an „average“ shard i would say, a good player with a good team should be able to reach rank 1 under 10 fights. the same in fleets. one refresh doesn‘t hurt.

    but if you start in a rank 50+, you have to win 8/9 fights. with good rng and if you aren‘t knocked back you need between 10 and 15 fights.

    This is my point though. You are comparing your 150 crystals vs. “everyone else” who has to spend 0. But as you mention above, it’s really a comparison of 150 vs. 50. And even at that, there are days when I remain in top 10 of fleet all day and other days when i fall below 50 and need a second refresh. And that’s using a meta fleet that matches everyone else’s.
  • TVF wrote: »
    kello_511 wrote: »
    jedibaer71 wrote: »
    @Beeblebrox of course you are right! no question, i only wanted to mention, that we lose 3.5 vaults of crystals in comparison with players, who didn't fall so deep and have to fight maximum 5 fights per day.

    the only reason, why we do this to us, are the fleet arena token. normally i'm 4/5 zetas behind in the gac...

    Your math assumes that no one on other shards need to refresh.
    The reality is that many shards require players to do at least 1 refresh daily. Arena shards are full of players who quit playing early on, so there tends to be less competition. Fleet shards open later and came later in the game so most early shards are full of active players. Coupled with a meta that hasn’t changed and no real way to set yourself apart from your competitors, every battle is a mirror and players drop far enough to need a refresh.

    This is the complete opposite of conventional wisdom, which granted can be wrong, but states that way less people bother with fleet. There's tons of people (granted, again, anecdotal) where the top 20 never falls farther than that. My fleet shard is one of those. Haven't heard of a squad shard like that, unless maybe if you're on a launch shard like @Nikoms565 .

    Also a fleet shard is 10% the size of a squad shard.

    Also also, no need to shout OP, we can hear you.

    I am on a near launch arena shard so maybe it’s different. My fleet arena is way more competitive and active than my squad arena.
  • TVF
    16985 posts Member
    kello_511 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    kello_511 wrote: »
    jedibaer71 wrote: »
    @Beeblebrox of course you are right! no question, i only wanted to mention, that we lose 3.5 vaults of crystals in comparison with players, who didn't fall so deep and have to fight maximum 5 fights per day.

    the only reason, why we do this to us, are the fleet arena token. normally i'm 4/5 zetas behind in the gac...

    Your math assumes that no one on other shards need to refresh.
    The reality is that many shards require players to do at least 1 refresh daily. Arena shards are full of players who quit playing early on, so there tends to be less competition. Fleet shards open later and came later in the game so most early shards are full of active players. Coupled with a meta that hasn’t changed and no real way to set yourself apart from your competitors, every battle is a mirror and players drop far enough to need a refresh.

    This is the complete opposite of conventional wisdom, which granted can be wrong, but states that way less people bother with fleet. There's tons of people (granted, again, anecdotal) where the top 20 never falls farther than that. My fleet shard is one of those. Haven't heard of a squad shard like that, unless maybe if you're on a launch shard like @Nikoms565 .

    Also a fleet shard is 10% the size of a squad shard.

    Also also, no need to shout OP, we can hear you.

    I am on a near launch arena shard so maybe it’s different. My fleet arena is way more competitive and active than my squad arena.

    It has nothing to do with near launch and everything to do with the fact that there are always outliers.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Must simply just be a shard with a lot of competitive players at the same time..

    I feel you.
  • If not sure you are "heroes", but you have my sympathy. I'll cry a little tear for you as I do my one battle to move from 3 to 1 for my payout.
  • The furthest I ever fall in my fleet shard is like, 12th. I never have to buy refreshes to get #1, and I haven't made any substantial upgrades to my ships (at least the ones I use for arena) in months. I dunno, I think I like my deal better.
  • TVF
    16985 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »
    The furthest I ever fall in my fleet shard is like, 12th. I never have to buy refreshes to get #1, and I haven't made any substantial upgrades to my ships (at least the ones I use for arena) in months. I dunno, I think I like my deal better.

    The real hero right here! :salute:
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    kello_511 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    kello_511 wrote: »
    jedibaer71 wrote: »
    @Beeblebrox of course you are right! no question, i only wanted to mention, that we lose 3.5 vaults of crystals in comparison with players, who didn't fall so deep and have to fight maximum 5 fights per day.

    the only reason, why we do this to us, are the fleet arena token. normally i'm 4/5 zetas behind in the gac...

    Your math assumes that no one on other shards need to refresh.
    The reality is that many shards require players to do at least 1 refresh daily. Arena shards are full of players who quit playing early on, so there tends to be less competition. Fleet shards open later and came later in the game so most early shards are full of active players. Coupled with a meta that hasn’t changed and no real way to set yourself apart from your competitors, every battle is a mirror and players drop far enough to need a refresh.

    This is the complete opposite of conventional wisdom, which granted can be wrong, but states that way less people bother with fleet. There's tons of people (granted, again, anecdotal) where the top 20 never falls farther than that. My fleet shard is one of those. Haven't heard of a squad shard like that, unless maybe if you're on a launch shard like @Nikoms565 .

    Also a fleet shard is 10% the size of a squad shard.

    Also also, no need to shout OP, we can hear you.

    I am on a near launch arena shard so maybe it’s different. My fleet arena is way more competitive and active than my squad arena.

    It has nothing to do with near launch and everything to do with the fact that there are always outliers.

    Then why did you bring it up?
    TVF wrote: »
    kello_511 wrote: »
    jedibaer71 wrote: »
    @Beeblebrox of course you are right! no question, i only wanted to mention, that we lose 3.5 vaults of crystals in comparison with players, who didn't fall so deep and have to fight maximum 5 fights per day.

    the only reason, why we do this to us, are the fleet arena token. normally i'm 4/5 zetas behind in the gac...

    Your math assumes that no one on other shards need to refresh.
    The reality is that many shards require players to do at least 1 refresh daily. Arena shards are full of players who quit playing early on, so there tends to be less competition. Fleet shards open later and came later in the game so most early shards are full of active players. Coupled with a meta that hasn’t changed and no real way to set yourself apart from your competitors, every battle is a mirror and players drop far enough to need a refresh.

    Haven't heard of a squad shard like that, unless maybe if you're on a launch shard like @Nikoms565 .

  • TVF
    16985 posts Member
    It was a joke for my friend Nik.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • BobcatSkywalker
    966 posts Member
    edited September 18
    At least your able to do the feats, some players cant beat anyone ahead of them so they put a lvl 1 ship in and dont even drop causing them to miss feats
  • TVF wrote: »
    It was a joke for my friend Nik.

    I mention it just for perspective. :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
Sign In or Register to comment.