Episode 9 content - How are you preparing?

Replies

• Jarvind wrote: »
    I am preparing for EP9 by not preparing for EP9. I would never clutter my roster with a new crybaby Kylo or any of the others. I don't care if it's a year-long super meta, to hell with the new movies.

I've never really understood this mentality. The game essentially has nothing to do with the movies aside from using the same characters. Why would you intentionally cripple yourself just because you don't like a particular character? I never played KOTOR, but you can bet your left buttcheek I still farmed hard to get both Revans and Malak.

It depends on why do you play. And from that goes with whom you play. Someone play with characters that dominate arena, doesn’t matter the texture they have. Others play with characters that have interresting mechanics. Others play with characters they love.

When I finish Marauder's finisher I will have all sith empire in g13. Then my goal is to put all other Kotor 1,2 characters to g13. Because I enjoy doing that.
    And I dont have CLS. At all. And JTR too. And many others. Because I feel negative satisfaction on lvling/gearing/seeing them. And why should I play the game that give me negative emotions?
  • Ratinira wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »
    I am preparing for EP9 by not preparing for EP9. I would never clutter my roster with a new crybaby Kylo or any of the others. I don't care if it's a year-long super meta, to hell with the new movies.

I've never really understood this mentality. The game essentially has nothing to do with the movies aside from using the same characters. Why would you intentionally cripple yourself just because you don't like a particular character? I never played KOTOR, but you can bet your left buttcheek I still farmed hard to get both Revans and Malak.

It depends on why do you play. And from that goes with whom you play. Someone play with characters that dominate arena, doesn’t matter the texture they have. Others play with characters that have interresting mechanics. Others play with characters they love.

When I finish Marauder's finisher I will have all sith empire in g13. Then my goal is to put all other Kotor 1,2 characters to g13. Because I enjoy doing that.
    And I dont have CLS. At all. And JTR too. And many others. Because I feel negative satisfaction on lvling/gearing/seeing them. And why should I play the game that give me negative emotions?

I guess. I'm not tryna change the way anyone plays. I just can't wrap my head around not caring about competing at all, but at the end of the day you're probably having more fun than I am.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

Ratinira wrote: »

I guess. I'm not tryna change the way anyone plays. I just can't wrap my head around not caring about competing at all, but at the end of the day you're probably having more fun than I am.

Competing means running. Usually on the brink of your abilities. When you run you became tired quickly. Some people like running. And I am too lazy for that, espesially in mobile game)
    On the other hand my way of playing allows we not to tear my hair of because of g13. Or relics. Or being not first on arena. Or on GA. Or many other things. And I dont want to delete the game because I feel burnout)
  • HKFactory
    370 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    There are a lot of characters I want to see from this trilogy, snoke, praetorian guards, old man Lando, hermit Luke, Resistance General Leia, First Order Sith Trooper, First Order Jet Trooper, (and god just give me my BB-9E XD).
    Ratinira wrote: »

I just can't wrap my head around not caring about competing at all

At the end of the day, someone's always going to have a fatter wallet than you. That's not competitive, that's pay to win; which turns into a vicious cycle of constantly paying to try to stay on top. Better to accept not being the best and enjoy the game casually.
    Started July 2016, completely FTP : https://swgoh.gg/u/rogenhamen/
  • With relics I can now reach higher in arena with GG nuke team. And you know what? It made me realize how boring it actually is.

I don’t need to be prepared. I do what I can, but I don’t care about being unprepared at all...

I really think if the game didn’t have guilds + the star wars license, the game would be dead by now.
  • Im glad now that relics made me jump out from this hamster wheel as a ftp
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    4 types of SWGOH players:

Hoarders - easy they are hoarding
    Whales - also easy, they will whale
    Casual players - doing what they can/want, will probably unlock 2nd time around.
    Whiney players - already prepping their angry forum posts about how everyone is gonna quit cause the release of whatever characters wasnt fair.
  • gflegui wrote: »
    They will release new toons to unlock hero journey, so all your work will be pointless...
    Rcassino wrote: »
    Not doing anything because Knights of Ren will be released as marquee then you will need them all at 16500 to get Jedi Master Rey

I agree, virtually guaranteed they release several (or a lot of) marquees that you have to farm like insanity to make it under the wire, like they did for JKR & Darth Revan. By the grace of RNGESUS I was able to get both Darth Revan & Malak first time around, as a F2P, so the goal is to hoard & prepare as much as possible & hopefully be ready for the violent grind. Releasing four or five Knights of Ren would be an amazing way to make people sweat (if they care at all, that is, lol), & inspire the whales. It'd be kinda like the Thrawn release, just... 100x tougher.

JTR should be needed for her own journey though, at least partially, so that's why I'm leaning towards prepping her gear...
  • gflegui wrote: »
    They will release new toons to unlock hero journey, so all your work will be pointless...
    I’m sure they’ll release something new we can’t prepare for...

False. Though they will probably release something new if we are getting a Journey, your previous preparations will not be pointless because you will need things other than the new character(s), and you will have plenty of time to prepare. Just like always.
  • Any answer aside from "hoard crystals and gear for the upcoming marquees" is misguided.
  • Turasleon wrote: »
    Any answer aside from "hoard crystals and gear for the upcoming marquees" is misguided.

That should definitely be part of the answer. But if you're still stuck at 3* for Rose and Holdo, you're probably in for a bad time.
  • I don’t think any of the previous stuff will be used, gonna need a 5 team setup 2-3 marquees, couple soft events (chewy, 3po style) and you will get a JKRey and Pantless KR to shoot for... there is no way they will pass on Marquee and event money with new content like The final StarWars Saga entry.
  • Turasleon wrote: »
    Any answer aside from "hoard crystals and gear for the upcoming marquees" is misguided.

Hoard..., er, *save* money, but yeah basically that
  • Foxer wrote: »
    I don’t think any of the previous stuff will be used, gonna need a 5 team setup 2-3 marquees, couple soft events (chewy, 3po style) and you will get a JKRey and Pantless KR to shoot for... there is no way they will pass on Marquee and event money with new content like The final StarWars Saga entry.

Eh, they made HK a requirement for Darth Revan, and he was pretty much a gimme. It's not outside the realm of possibility. But yes, I would expect if there is significant Ep9 content that we'll probably have to go after 8-9 new characters/ships for it.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• I already told my kids that Santa is not happy with them and probably won't be bringing them any presents this Christmas. The money I'm not spending on their presents is how I'm preparing for new episode 9 panic farming.
  • I've got all the Resistance to 7* and G12, and all of them have their zetas. (Come to think of it, BB8 is still G11 because I got lazy. Meh. I'll fix that eventually) Yeah, even Rose and Holdo because they're good characters in game from a good movie and I'm not a whiney entitled ****.

I've got the First Order characters all at 7*, too, but their gear--aside from Phasma and original Kylo Ren--isn't very good.

I hope the Raddus is added along with some new ships.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Darth Rey

Ability 1: Kills every hero instantly with the exception of opponents Darth Rey’s. If there are two Darth Rey’s facing each other in battle, overall GP is used to determine the winner
  • Considering whether or not selling one of my kidneys will be enough money to get a 5 star character they release from that movie, or will I need to sell both?
  • I am farming FO special forces Tie fighter. I will start farming FOSF Tie pilot after the next meta is released cause i am stocking recourses now. Already have all the rest FO and Resistance chars and ships to 7*, and the chars are pretty well (g12+) geared and zetad.
  • My focus is on preparing GR, since I'm assuming LSGeoTB (or at least new GR content) to be imminent whereas Ep9 is a few months away. I did just get Holdo to 7 and almost have Rose done, but that's more for LSTB platoons than for Ep9.
  • I've started farming Rose and Holdo as they're both at 4 stars, but that's about it for now. Not planning to invest any gear or zetas into my Resistance or First Order anytime soon.

If Rose is a requirement I am done 4 good

Bye, it was nice knowing you. Seems so obvious and we've had forever to farm those two.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    The only thing that could stuff me up is FOST's Tie, so I can almost guarantee it will be needed somewhere.
  • I am preparing for EP9 by not preparing for EP9. I would never clutter my roster with a new crybaby Kylo or any of the others. I don't care if it's a year-long super meta, to hell with the new movies.
    Church
    I am the jedi dog battle droid C-3PO could not kill.
  • I dont need to prepare for anything,it will be cancelled or postponed till hell freezes,they cant do anything right.Too bad they dont make 100 mil per year to hire staff to fix the game.
  • I have all first order and resistance toons at Relic 7.....

Said no one ever.......
  • I'm not bothering at all. For one, I hate the new movies, and also... I've got plenty of other crap to work towards still. I already know that whatever comes out will be way out of my league, involving content that I can't handle... so there's no point in preparing.