Please do something about these GG nuke squads

Prev1345678
People with crappy mods and G11 Droids do not belong in the Top 20 in arena simply because they can G13 one toon. That squad needs a serious nerf. At the very least, it should require G12/13 on every toon in order to beat other meta squads that are all G13. Just another side effect of OP relics.

Replies

• TVF
    36568 posts Member
    SoonerJBD wrote: »
    People with crappy mods and G11 Droids do not belong in the Top 20 in arena simply because they can G13 one toon. That squad needs a serious nerf. At the very least, it should require G12/13 on every toon in order to beat other meta squads that are all G13. Just another side effect of OP relics.

We had a couple reaching first pre-relic.

They also drop like a rock. Counters are nothing new.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • "These filthy plebs don't deserve to associate with the likes of me! Jeeves, nerf these common rabble immediately!"
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Running this squad properly requires significant investment in characters that wouldn't otherwise warrant it, and requires specific modding as well. It's not just getting one character to g13, and bam beat everybody. It takes advantage of the weaknesses in the current meta, but is easily beaten by several other teams. And it has nothing to do with relics since these teams were perfectly capable of taking first before relics existed. It's not really a problem.
  • Grievous nuke is a squad that takes advantage of the mechanics of the Darth Revan squad and directly counters them fair and square. It's a good and reasonable counter. The game is better overall for the technique existing than not.
    Still not a he.
  • TVF wrote: »

I got GG to R6. I dropped to 16 in my launch shard, and I have a G7 IPD. Of course I'd consider my mods to be sublime and results not typical.
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    Zar1234 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

I got GG to R6. I dropped to 16 in my launch shard, and I have a G7 IPD. Of course I'd consider my mods to be sublime and results not typical.

Not all shards are created equal.
  • I don’t have a nuke team but I like the fact that someone took the time to theorycraft a non-traditional team. Mirror matches are annoying and a diverse arena is better for the health of the game. (I run sith empire and the nuke teams actually help me climb easier because they don’t hold up well on defense)
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Grievous nuke is a squad that takes advantage of the mechanics of the Darth Revan squad and directly counters them fair and square. It's a good and reasonable counter. The game is better overall for the technique existing than not.

For once I agree with Vizsla...man the world must be ending.
    GG Nuke isn’t an issue. It’s a direct hard counter on DR’s mechanics as previously stated. There are a number of teams that counter the nuke squad. Use those.
  • I use various make ups of gg and co. Like all have said, mine were doing well before relics. Also at very large amount of investment into those chars. gg, nute, b1,b2,droideka,magna,t3m4 etc etc.
    I would challenge you to work up those chars, do a few battles and see what you would rather do. Mirror matches or a few seconds either winning or losing. For me, I'd rather know my fate in the shortest amount of time.
    Besides, as said by others, they don't hold on defense.
    Good luck and game on!
  • g11 in arena. mbn
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • If the squad wins, I'd say it belongs. Deal with it.
  • Jarvind wrote: »
    "These filthy plebs don't deserve to associate with the likes of me! Jeeves, nerf these common rabble immediately!"

let them eat cake
  • I just destroyed a R7 GG with my relic-less JKR, where's the problem? It's a good thing that the current meta isn't invincible.
  • It's 1 squad, with one counter. I have beaten that Nuke squad with just about every good team available with multiple combinations. In fact, it's one of my favorite teams to target when I climb.

It's not even worth putting together. I'm not wasting a zeta on T3M4.... to beat a team that can be beaten with other teams easily now? No thanks...

• HK666
    1263 posts Member
    If the nuke is spanking your GG, try to make sure he's always feared when you kill a toon. T3 should be your first target, as he's the reason the damage is so crazy.
  • If the GG nuke squad didn't exist right now I might have quit a while ago
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    With GG nuke you can beat bunch of other squads than just DR malak.
    I just used it against an old republic with carth lead squad in TW and it works well too
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    Zar1234 wrote: »

Not all shards are created equal.

And yet you speak as if they were.🤷‍♂️

You missed a joke but that's ok.
  • Jarvind wrote: »
    "These filthy plebs don't deserve to associate with the likes of me! Jeeves, nerf these common rabble immediately!"

Actually, yeah. People who geared one toon and haven’t farmed mods to be competitive to do not belong in the top 20 ranks with a bunch of people who have done everything right to obtain meta toons, gear and mod their squads to be among the best in the shard. That’s the entire point. Arena isn’t supposed to make you feel good for being average. It is supposed to separate the best players from those who don’t put in the work to develop their roster and mods. And yeah, money can substitute for work, but being smart and making good decisions about farming and allocating crystals can get you to top of the arena. That’s perfectly fine. This is akin to when people with three star Bastila and terrible mods were climbing in many shards. It’s not healthy for the arena.
  • Liath wrote: »
    Running this squad properly requires significant investment in characters that wouldn't otherwise warrant it, and requires specific modding as well. It's not just getting one character to g13, and bam beat everybody. It takes advantage of the weaknesses in the current meta, but is easily beaten by several other teams. And it has nothing to do with relics since these teams were perfectly capable of taking first before relics existed. It's not really a problem.

Prior to relics, one or two were climbing to the top with it. They had good mods and geared their other Droids. Now people with G10-11 Droids and terrible mods are able to climb because of relics. That is the issue.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »

Prior to relics, one or two were climbing to the top with it. They had good mods and geared their other Droids. Now people with G10-11 Droids and terrible mods are able to climb because of relics. That is the issue.

I haven’t seen any real change in who is climbing to the top in my shard. But even so, we are what, 5 months into this meta already? Things will change soon enough anyway. It will be fine.
  • SoonerJBD wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »

Actually, yeah. People who geared one toon and haven’t farmed mods to be competitive to do not belong in the top 20 ranks with a bunch of people who have done everything right to obtain meta toons, gear and mod their squads to be among the best in the shard. That’s the entire point. Arena isn’t supposed to make you feel good for being average. It is supposed to separate the best players from those who don’t put in the work to develop their roster and mods. And yeah, money can substitute for work, but being smart and making good decisions about farming and allocating crystals can get you to top of the arena. That’s perfectly fine. This is akin to when people with three star Bastila and terrible mods were climbing in many shards. It’s not healthy for the arena.

Those same people, if they don't have the well-modded, high-gear meta squads to put on defense, get shot down to oblivion because GG nuke is pretty easy to beat with non-DR squads. So hard work and good planning does pay off after all.
  • Please re-read the original post. I’m fine with the team if it required a comparable level of gearing and mods to be successful. And the few who were running it pre-relics generally had that. But when you can climb to the top with toons that are purple and mods that are average at best against other metas that require all G13 and elite mods, that is a problem.
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    Please re-read the original post. I’m fine with the team if it required a comparable level of gearing and mods to be successful. And the few who were running it pre-relics generally had that. But when you can climb to the top with toons that are purple and mods that are average at best against other metas that require all G13 and elite mods, that is a problem.

3* Sion says hi.
  • KM1
    145 posts Member
    No different than the zFinn squads.... Oh wait! CG nerfed that. Vizula must be running GG. Because he was all for nerfing zFinn. Amazing how hypocritical people can be!
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Please re-read the original post. I’m fine with the team if it required a comparable level of gearing and mods to be successful. And the few who were running it pre-relics generally had that. But when you can climb to the top with toons that are purple and mods that are average at best against other metas that require all G13 and elite mods, that is a problem.

DR/Malak never required g13 or elite mods t beat other teams, only to beat mirror matches.
  • TVF wrote: »

3* Sion says hi.

Yeah, 3* Sion and Bastila were also a problem. That’s the point.
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    KM1 wrote: »
    No different than the zFinn squads.... Oh wait! CG nerfed that. Vizula must be running GG. Because he was all for nerfing zFinn. Amazing how hypocritical people can be!

How is this in any way the same situation?