Please do something about these GG nuke squads

Replies

• Liath wrote: »
    SoonerJBD wrote: »
    Please re-read the original post. I’m fine with the team if it required a comparable level of gearing and mods to be successful. And the few who were running it pre-relics generally had that. But when you can climb to the top with toons that are purple and mods that are average at best against other metas that require all G13 and elite mods, that is a problem.

DR/Malak never required g13 or elite mods t beat other teams, only to beat mirror matches.

Obviously. Point being, you generally have a hard time climbing to the top ranks with SE that are mostly purple. Same with Padme squads or CLS or Clones with Anakin. But if you gear them and use good mods, you can. I’m fine with diversity. I like having different viable teams. I like seeing Padme squads up there. I do not like seeing squads with undergeared toons and bad mods in the Top 20. Whether they fall hard or not does not matter. They shouldn’t be able to reach top ranks in the first place until they gear their toons and farm decent mods.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    I consider them a cheese team, and I wouldn't use it, but fortunately, not too many in my arena using it. As others have pointed out they do drop like a rock, and one guy in my shard chat sometimes complains about not being able to climb high enough without refreshing. There always seem to be teams that feel like exploits, but it is what it is I guess.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    There have always been cheese teams. Remember IPD vs Traya?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • SoonerJBD
    460 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    It holds better than other cheese teams because of GG. It is certainly easily beatable, but that’s not the point. My shard was never overrun by poorly geared IPD squads during the Traya era. A few used it to beat one or two specific teams for their climb, but no one left it in on defense, and it wasn’t being used by a noticeable percentage of top players. All of that is true of these GG nuke squads. Before relics, it was a fun and creative team that required some specific modding and decent gearing if you wanted to use it effectively. Now all you need is R5 GG and a bunch of purple geared crap.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Well I'm pretty sure they're not going to do anything about it.
  • TVF wrote: »

I’m pretty sure they aren’t going to do anything about a litany or legit complaints. I’m pretty sure their next major release will be as buggy and poorly tested as every other one before. That doesn’t make it wrong to complain about it.
  • Beep-beep OP
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Very constructive...
  • SoonerJBD wrote: »
    Arena isn’t supposed to make you feel good for being average.

If you're deriving your sense of self-worth from your SWGOH arena standing, I have to wonder if everything is OK at home.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Mzee wrote: »

Very constructive...

I could argue venting about something they're clearly not going to change is no more constructive. But I won't. If OP just wants to vent that's fine.
  • Jarvind wrote: »
    Arena isn’t supposed to make you feel good for being average.

If you're deriving your sense of self-worth from your SWGOH arena standing, I have to wonder if everything is OK at home.

Not sure what you mean. I like winning. Arena is supposed to reward those who build the best rosters, procure the best mods and learn the mechanics with top spots. It is not supposed to give first place rewards as some sort of participation medal.

Very constructive...

I could argue venting about something they're clearly not going to change is no more constructive. But I won't. If OP just wants to vent that's fine.

The odds they are going to listen to my feedback are low. But that is kind of the main purpose of having these forums. The only way anything ever changes is if people make a stink about it.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member

Very constructive...

Raising valid complaints is perfectly acceptable. This is not mindless rambling.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member

Very constructive...

Raising valid complaints is perfectly acceptable. This is not mindless rambling.

I disagree that it's valid, for reasons stated in the thread by multiple people. But like I said, it's fine. Good luck OP.

• If you think squads with purple geared toons and crappy mods belong at the top of arena... we are just going to have to disagree. But I will point out that it disregards the entire point of the game.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    What's the entire point of the game?
  • If you want to run g8-10 droids with GG then you'll probably win on offense but there's no way you'll hold well. That's good for you since you can take advantage of that and claim an easy spot.
    The guys that hold in the top 20 with droids have squads that look like this:
    sagroib7vgt7.png
    Don't blink or you'll miss the battle, it's over so fast.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    This guy in my shard is a right pain. I switched to JKR and still barely won. My opening move started with only JKR and a in-the-yellow Jolee.

https://swgoh.gg/p/497653893/

FTR that's a R7 GG, R1 T3 88 IPD, and G12 BB8. 8 zetas. Seems arena worthy to me.
  • Sounds like the OP is someone in this ridiculous shard chat that should be guaranteed a top 10 spot. Thing is this post is exactly whats wrong with shard discords. WAHH WAHH WAHHHHHH!!! someone is wrecking my lame **** DR malak cancer... WAHH!!!
    This guy in my shard is a right pain. I switched to JKR and still barely won. My opening move started with only JKR and a in-the-yellow Jolee.

https://swgoh.gg/p/497653893/

FTR that's a R7 GG, R1 T3 88 IPD, and G12 BB8. 8 zetas. Seems arena worthy to me.

That is definitely arena worthy. My problem is with squads that have G11 IG-88, G10 T3 with two zetas and G8 IPD, which are still climbing with ease.
  • 212Attack wrote: »
    Sounds like the OP is someone in this ridiculous shard chat that should be guaranteed a top 10 spot. Thing is this post is exactly whats wrong with shard discords. WAHH WAHH WAHHHHHH!!! someone is wrecking my lame **** DR malak cancer... WAHH!!!

Whether you are in a shard chat is irrelevant. I have worked hard to G13 appropriate toons, accumulate mods that make my key toons the fastest in my shard and learn the mechanics to beat in-game content. I find it disconcerting that someone with 2 million less GP who has one G13 and atrocious mods should be able to climb to Top 10. It makes the top spots meaningless. If you want to climb to the top of the arena, it should require you do the work to earn a spot among the better players in your shard. Or alternatively to least spend the money to pay for everyone else’s enjoyment of the game (this is not a thread about the game’s business model, so I concede spending as an alternative).
  • Idk, I think it's fair for Darth revan and malak to have a counter. Everything deserves a counter. Plus, a GG nuke team is a glass sword: great on offense but not so great on defense
  • SoonerJBD wrote: »
    212Attack wrote: »
    Sounds like the OP is someone in this ridiculous shard chat that should be guaranteed a top 10 spot. Thing is this post is exactly whats wrong with shard discords. WAHH WAHH WAHHHHHH!!! someone is wrecking my lame **** DR malak cancer... WAHH!!!

Whether you are in a shard chat is irrelevant. I have worked hard to G13 appropriate toons, accumulate mods that make my key toons the fastest in my shard and learn the mechanics to beat in-game content. I find it disconcerting that someone with 2 million less GP who has one G13 and atrocious mods should be able to climb to Top 10. It makes the top spots meaningless. If you want to climb to the top of the arena, it should require you do the work to earn a spot among the better players in your shard. Or alternatively to least spend the money to pay for everyone else’s enjoyment of the game (this is not a thread about the game’s business model, so I concede spending as an alternative).

When it came to the Darth Revan/Malak meta, lots of people who wanted to stay on top spent money on the game. Now, I'm not against spending money, but spending money does not mean working hard. So how can you say you worked hard to get the meta?
  • To the OP, seriously no.
    Zar1234 wrote: »
    People with crappy mods and G11 Droids do not belong in the Top 20 in arena simply because they can G13 one toon. That squad needs a serious nerf. At the very least, it should require G12/13 on every toon in order to beat other meta squads that are all G13. Just another side effect of OP relics.

We had a couple reaching first pre-relic.

They also drop like a rock. Counters are nothing new.

I got GG to R6. I dropped to 16 in my launch shard, and I have a G7 IPD. Of course I'd consider my mods to be sublime and results not typical.

Not all shards are created equal.

Not even all launch shards. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • kalidor wrote: »
    If you want to run g8-10 droids with GG then you'll probably win on offense but there's no way you'll hold well. That's good for you since you can take advantage of that and claim an easy spot.
    The guys that hold in the top 20 with droids have squads that look like this:
    sagroib7vgt7.png
    Don't blink or you'll miss the battle, it's over so fast.

The funny thing is a Padmé team can beat even the GG at R7 version of that team in under a minute too.
    Its almost as easy as rock, paper....oh..hello there.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • It's just plain stupid, 1 character one shots and entire team....
  • No, lone GG doesn't do the job. U need the other 4 toons to make it work. They have to have the correct turn order so u have to account for speed. If u don't want to drop against GG droids, sub in fast GMY, and throw in GBA. I see no problem with under-geared toons climbing up at all. The problem is not GG, DR Malak fails against them because of their own debuffs. GG suicide happens to be a hard counter to DR Malak which I am very happy with.
  • Jubai wrote: »
    It's just plain stupid, 1 character one shots and entire team....

Malak says "Hello" and DN makes a fist from behind him. Meanwhile CLS smiles sheepishly while Palpatine just cackles. Oh, and JTRey waves her hand as JKR and DR fist bump each other.