Hello?? Anyone there?? Communication??

Prev13
Seriously?? How bout any peep if feedback from devs? (Besides that there is an update with nothin in it)

Replies

• about what?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Anything, the bugs in the game, the upheaval from relics, info on new content? Toons or lstb that’s comin, we haven’t heard a word since they dropped the relic bomb on everyone a week ago
  • They posted a cheating mega thread over a month ago some good ideas posted in there but just silence from devs. Communication has gotten worse and didnt think that was possible but turns out it was.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    BuckeyeATW wrote: »
    Anything, the bugs in the game, the upheaval from relics, info on new content? Toons or lstb that’s comin, we haven’t heard a word since they dropped the relic bomb on everyone a week ago
    They said they are working on the bugs

They addressed relics before they released it, more specific questions can be asked in the next Q&A in October

They will let us know more on LS TB when they have something to share
  • That last comment just sounds like Charlie Browns teacher in peanuts
  • I’m inclined to give EA/CG some time on coming out with any comments on Relic feedback and bug issues/fixes. I’d much rather prefer a well thought out and vetted response, and I’m sure EA/CG does not want the next “sense of pride and accomplishment” blowback like BF2 had too.

This past update was massive in terms of how the trajectory of the game is headed and considering the dollars changing hands with the new relic system, a “let’s just undue the update while we figure this out” isn’t a reasonable expectation either.

A week is a pretty short time to do anything involving technology nowadays and everyone working on this are just like us... people with lives, families, and other priorities. I don’t mind waiting a little while longer on this one. Better to get it right than to get it quick.
  • I’m inclined to give EA/CG some time on coming out with any comments on Relic feedback and bug issues/fixes. I’d much rather prefer a well thought out and vetted response, and I’m sure EA/CG does not want the next “sense of pride and accomplishment” blowback like BF2 had too.

This past update was massive in terms of how the trajectory of the game is headed and considering the dollars changing hands with the new relic system, a “let’s just undue the update while we figure this out” isn’t a reasonable expectation either.

A week is a pretty short time to do anything involving technology nowadays and everyone working on this are just like us... people with lives, families, and other priorities. I don’t mind waiting a little while longer on this one. Better to get it right than to get it quick.

Very fair point, but some sort of acknowledgement to the community that they hear us... they were improving recently with communication and then bam, nada..
  • Just keep farming with out a panic. If they keep up their communication structure , I think it’ll be excellent.

If you’re waiting for a response relics I would stop.
  • EA_HighCommand has been communicating with respect to the bugs in the place for reporting the bugs to the devs.

The immediate reaction to relics is not really the sort of thing that warrants a response. Torches and pitchforks are mode one for the forums and Reddit.

If CG goes a couple days without putting out a report, people complain they aren't communicating enough. If they put something out when there isn't much to say, people complain that the communication was useless. Some folks can't be pleased.
    Still not a he.
  • I don't think the OP is being unreasonable. Per the recent post by them, I guess I expected a bit more communication. Regardless of the intervals stated, when big changes come into the game, you'd hope that they acknowledge the community. I had hoped new level of candor would have transcended to events such as the aforementioned.
  • I normally expect long gaps of silence , ( like majority of the summer) but to have a title update of this proportion, having some sort of communication would be great...
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    They generally don't address complaints because if they did they'd be saying "sorry" 20,000 times a day. Dunno what good that would do.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    They generally don't address complaints because if they did they'd be saying "sorry" 20,000 times a day. Dunno what good that would do.
    Or they'd spend their days explaining why no, they are not in fact sorry. Which would go over like a lead balloon, and their design intentions are already thoroughly laid out in the leadup to relics. They line up with execution. There ain't much more to explain.
    Still not a he.
  • I think that relics surprised a lot of people in a few ways. The massive power shift, the fact that some toons become seemingly way overpowered, etc.

Given that, it’s natural to want to hear something back from the devs. We’re tbese toons intended to be so powerful? Will they remain as is or tweaked? Etc. etc.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    kello_511 wrote: »
    I think that relics surprised a lot of people in a few ways. The massive power shift, the fact that some toons become seemingly way overpowered, etc.

Given that, it’s natural to want to hear something back from the devs. We’re tbese toons intended to be so powerful? Will they remain as is or tweaked? Etc. etc.

There's a Q&A next month.
  • Who are they needing to give feedback to? Everyone quit didn't they?
    That's what they all said anyway.
    I wouldn't want to talk to quite a few of these posters either.

I'd much rather they were hard at work trying to fix the bugs than sitting around trying to figure out the right amount of the right words to say.
  • SylForge006
    138 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    They....they did a Developer Q&A literally 2 weeks ago and everyone is acting like we haven't heard a thing in months!

What????
  • SylForge006
    138 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    They....they did a Developer Q&A literally 2 weeks ago and everyone is acting like we haven't heard a thing in months!

What????

Dbl sorry
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

What????

Aw you edited it.
  • The only feedback they care about is from your wallets.
  • I'm curious about why there isnt a feat for winning with a sep. squad. Yesterday was the one for galactic republic. Does this make sense?
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    I'm curious about why there isnt a feat for winning with a sep. squad. Yesterday was the one for galactic republic. Does this make sense?
    There was one in week 3 IIRC
  • Ultra wrote: »
    I'm curious about why there isnt a feat for winning with a sep. squad. Yesterday was the one for galactic republic. Does this make sense?
    There was one in week 3 IIRC

But we've had the galactic republic one too
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    I frequently have felt the communication has not been there, but they have been good about it for a month or two now so I don't feel it has been lacking lately. Hopefully, it continues.
  • I am still waiting for a Vulture Droid fix... Buggy since release.
  • Talon1503
    4 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    The truth is they just released the most pay-to-win update in the history of the game. At this time they are raking in the cash, any news or announcement about re tuning relics would deter spending on those gear packs. After a few solid weeks of whale spending and whale feedback, they will communicate some f2p/light-spender friendly news.
  • Talon1503 wrote: »
    The truth is they just released the most pay-to-win update in the history of the game. At this time they are raking in the cash, any news or announcement about re tuning relics would deter spending on those gear packs. After a few solid weeks of whale spending and whale feedback, they will communicate some f2p/light-spender friendly news.

This ain't P2W.

just need R7 GG to get top 1 in arena buddy.

JKR / DR / Malak were much more P2W because you literally had to pay money to unlock them or ur stuck waiting months for their return.