Hello?? Anyone there?? Communication??

Replies

• SemiGod wrote: »
    Talon1503 wrote: »
    The truth is they just released the most pay-to-win update in the history of the game. At this time they are raking in the cash, any news or announcement about re tuning relics would deter spending on those gear packs. After a few solid weeks of whale spending and whale feedback, they will communicate some f2p/light-spender friendly news.

This ain't P2W.

just need R7 GG to get top 1 in arena buddy.

JKR / DR / Malak were much more P2W because you literally had to pay money to unlock them or ur stuck waiting months for their return.

"just need R7 GG" until they change meta because they don't make relic system for only one toon!
    they want people pay and only R7 GG don't make people pay!
  • Just give us info on incoming content
  • They've always done this, since the beginning of the game. They drop a controversial update / bomb and then go into their bunker for a few weeks, ignoring all of the fallout, until they consider it to have died down.

They're basically waiting for players to "suck it up" and accept the new format of the game.

When that happens, they'll emerge from their bunker and drop another bomb.
  • Talon1503 wrote: »
    The truth is they just released the most pay-to-win update in the history of the game. At this time they are raking in the cash, any news or announcement about re tuning relics would deter spending on those gear packs. After a few solid weeks of whale spending and whale feedback, they will communicate some f2p/light-spender friendly news.
    I'm F2P. Since the update, I've switched my team to R3 Padme/Ani, R2 Snips/GK, and G12 5/6 3PO, and I'm doing better in arena than I have since before Traya hit.
    Still not a he.
  • pSyToR
    37 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    KNOWN ISSUES
    (This section will be updated throughout the roll out.)
    As part of this update, we’ve done a lot of work to shore up the game’s performance which has been at increased risk due to the addition of many new features and systems over the past few updates. This work included a major rewrite of some back-end systems. Although we have fixed most of the bugs that have popped up following this work, we will be updating this section with an accounting of known performance issues that do arise once the update is live, and will provide detailed updates should any of these issues grow beyond minor hiccups.
    • Added further monitoring tools to investigate battles becoming unplayable due to combat UI disappearing.
    • Some Guild are not appearing in the Guild Advanced search
    • We are aware and investigating the lag issues that appeared with yesterday’s soft launch. We are currently working on a potential fix
    • Graphical issues occurring the Character Screen
    This is the list of Known Issue on the post they made after the latest update...
    There has been a MINIMUM of 5 or 6 other major bugs that are not listed...
    This is 1 thing that they could already update for us to AT LEAST acknowledge that they take their bug report seriously...
    Many things have been said already in this thread and they are true...
    But unfortunately, before the Update the cover their bottom by posting the following
    Welcome to the first edition (in quite some time) of the State of the Galaxy. Previously we used the State of the Galaxy as a catch all, update on the game, which eventually morphed into what is now “the Road Ahead”. Over time we realized that the Road Ahead was acting like a single monolith of information and that we didn’t have enough touch points with the community where we acknowledged things that were going well (and not so well) in the game. We want to use the State of the Galaxy as the once-a-month check-in with the players talking about our progress on building new features, what may be coming out that month, and discuss some tough topics that are currently affecting the game.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    You guys talk like they're your girlfriend. Stop being so needy.

Jokes on you... none of us have girlfriends!
  • SemiGod wrote: »

This ain't P2W.

JKR / DR / Malak were much more P2W because you literally had to pay money to unlock them or ur stuck waiting months for their return.

This is exactly why I feel like some communication is needed though.
    -Was it intended that a single toon at r7 can change the entire meta? My guess is “no” since, as you pointed out, that doesn’t monetize the game very much.
    -If it wasn’t intended, will it be changing? Are they still gathering data? Is it WAI? These are the types of things that we want to know before getting too deep into this.

If I go all in on the GG team and the subsequently make a change to it, I’m not convinced that I’d get back everything I put into the whole team. Maybe they would do a roll back on GG himself, but would I also get back the zetas that I would use on T3 just for this team? Likely not.

Yes, there was a Q&A before the update, but we need some information since then.
  • TVF
    36523 posts Member
    kello_511 wrote: »
    SemiGod wrote: »

This ain't P2W.

This is exactly why I feel like some communication is needed though.
    -Was it intended that a single toon at r7 can change the entire meta? My guess is “no” since, as you pointed out, that doesn’t monetize the game very much.
    -If it wasn’t intended, will it be changing? Are they still gathering data? Is it WAI? These are the types of things that we want to know before getting too deep into this.

If I go all in on the GG team and the subsequently make a change to it, I’m not convinced that I’d get back everything I put into the whole team. Maybe they would do a roll back on GG himself, but would I also get back the zetas that I would use on T3 just for this team? Likely not.

Yes, there was a Q&A before the update, but we need some information since then.

There will be one next month, and there's another thread that told me this month is basically over.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • There's not really any upside to communicating more for the devs. They get **** on for not communicating, but they know you won't like their actual plans (get more money from you). So when they DO communicate, they have to make up a bunch of vague nonsense that doesn't really tell you anything and just leaves you frustrated, and the crapping continues.

There's no winning. Put in the same position, I'd probably be radio silent most of the time too.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• YaeVizsla wrote: »
    I'm F2P. Since the update, I've switched my team to R3 Padme/Ani, R2 Snips/GK, and G12 5/6 3PO, and I'm doing better in arena than I have since before Traya hit.
    That is something which always happens when old characters are reworked or when new gear levels are added. Older teams become more viable and certain f2p players can advance in their respective arena shards, if they had made investments in those characters beforehand.

The pay 2 win aspect comes from top end players who just spent to get gear 13 arena squads. Now this update where they have to pay hundreds of dollars to take those same characters to relic 7, if they want to continue getting a return on that gear 13 investment. No new meta was released, no new characters. Just another level they have to reach to stay competitive and the only way to get there is $$$. Much more $$$ than it has ever taken to re-max previously maxed out characters.
  • You don't need all those characters maxed. Let alone immediately.
    Still not a he.
  • GG R7 has trouble vs GMY and GBA mixed DR Malak. So, no need to nerf.
  • Peep
  • Ultra wrote: »
    BuckeyeATW wrote: »
    Anything, the bugs in the game, the upheaval from relics, info on new content? Toons or lstb that’s comin, we haven’t heard a word since they dropped the relic bomb on everyone a week ago
    They said they are working on the bugs

They addressed relics before they released it, more specific questions can be asked in the next Q&A in October

They will let us know more on LS TB when they have something to share

How much they pay you dude?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »
    Anything, the bugs in the game, the upheaval from relics, info on new content? Toons or lstb that’s comin, we haven’t heard a word since they dropped the relic bomb on everyone a week ago

They addressed relics before they released it, more specific questions can be asked in the next Q&A in October

How much they pay you dude?

Nothing. Ultra will speak the truth for free. It's an amazing concept.
  • Rabble rabble, calendar, rabble rabble, relics, rabble rabble, road ahead, rabble rabble, communication.

^^^^ the forums in 13 words or less.
    You can probably assume the majority of what I post is sarcasm, feel free to skip and move along rather than reading...
  • Situation normal, we're all fine here
    Chained since '16
  • Ultra wrote: »

With something as terrible as relics a good company doesnt wait until the next q&a to address it
  • TVF
    36523 posts Member

With something as terrible as relics a good company doesnt wait until the next q&a to address it

People have said this about every single thing the game has done since day one. If they spent their time addressing every complaint there would be no game to play.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

People have said this about every single thing the game has done since day one. If they spent their time addressing every complaint there would be no game to play.

Been here since day 1 and I've never seen this much backlash and so many people actually quitting (not just threatening like usual). People are getting fed up with the way they are treated.
  • Hello there
  • With something as terrible as relics a good company doesnt wait until the next q&a to address it
    "As terrible as relics?"

No. No, it's not terrible. It's another game element that's gonna blend in with the landscape of the game just like everything else and mostly requires resources that can be amassed in parallel with regular gearing. The outrage is knee **** reactionism. Not a legitimate problem.
    Still not a he.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    "As terrible as relics?"

No. No, it's not terrible. It's another game element that's gonna blend in with the landscape of the game just like everything else and mostly requires resources that can be amassed in parallel with regular gearing. The outrage is knee **** reactionism. Not a legitimate problem.

People just want something to complain about tbh
  • thewhitegift
    294 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    I set 1 team on D in TW and i can still use them on O... i imagine this TW needs to be cancelled
  • I set 1 team on D in TW and i can still use them on O... i imagine this TW needs to be cancelled

Lol this has been a big for a while there is a way it can happen in GA also
  • TVF wrote: »

Maybe develop more and stop releasing bad things? Just a thought. Heck even just holding off a bit longer wouldve been better