Please do something about these GG nuke squads

Replies

  • Crazygone510
    1183 posts Member
    edited September 20
    No, lone GG doesn't do the job. U need the other 4 toons to make it work. They have to have the correct turn order so u have to account for speed. If u don't want to drop against GG droids, sub in fast GMY, and throw in GBA. I see no problem with under-geared toons climbing up at all. The problem is not GG, DR Malak fails against them because of their own debuffs. GG suicide happens to be a hard counter to DR Malak which I am very happy with.

    Agreed. It is healthy for this game to have every team have an absolute hard counter. And when I say hard counter, I mean you have pretty much zero chance of beating it on offense. That's how you get diversity in arena.
  • No, lone GG doesn't do the job. U need the other 4 toons to make it work. They have to have the correct turn order so u have to account for speed. If u don't want to drop against GG droids, sub in fast GMY, and throw in GBA. I see no problem with under-geared toons climbing up at all. The problem is not GG, DR Malak fails against them because of their own debuffs. GG suicide happens to be a hard counter to DR Malak which I am very happy with.

    Agreed. It is healthy for this game to have every team have an absolute hard counter. And when I say hard counter, I mean you have pretty much zero chance of beating it on offense. That's how you get diversity in arena.

    Slightly disagree on the diversity point. That would be the case if those teams could still counter each other on offense with some kind of coin flip chance, or who has the better mods. But from my personal experience: when I see those droids, I can beat them with JKR, yes. But then during those 5 minutes of waiting time until the next battle, it makes me cannon fodder for every other DR meta team behind me. In an active shard that often means, one day you were happy because you finally got that one mod that pushes the speed of your arena team to beat mirrors and climb higher again... just to be pushed back by those droids and make the climbing pretty annoying again. I'm not going to complain; just my 2 cents.
  • TVF wrote: »
    KM1 wrote: »
    No different than the zFinn squads.... Oh wait! CG nerfed that. Vizula must be running GG. Because he was all for nerfing zFinn. Amazing how hypocritical people can be!

    How is this in any way the same situation?

    Let's see. Your team goes first, Massive TM gain in the opening, the other team gets zero or one turn and there is even less strategy than in zFinn. You're right no similarities at all. Because here, a paper zombie like weak BB will actually help your team.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Jubai wrote: »
    It's just plain stupid, 1 character one shots and entire team....

    Malak says "Hello" and DN makes a fist from behind him. Meanwhile CLS smiles sheepishly while Palpatine just cackles. Oh, and JTRey waves her hand as JKR and DR fist bump each other.

    Sounds like a very expressive bunch
  • Malif13 wrote: »
    SoonerJBD wrote: »
    212Attack wrote: »
    Sounds like the OP is someone in this ridiculous shard chat that should be guaranteed a top 10 spot. Thing is this post is exactly whats wrong with shard discords. WAHH WAHH WAHHHHHH!!! someone is wrecking my lame **** DR malak cancer... WAHH!!!


    Whether you are in a shard chat is irrelevant. I have worked hard to G13 appropriate toons, accumulate mods that make my key toons the fastest in my shard and learn the mechanics to beat in-game content. I find it disconcerting that someone with 2 million less GP who has one G13 and atrocious mods should be able to climb to Top 10. It makes the top spots meaningless. If you want to climb to the top of the arena, it should require you do the work to earn a spot among the better players in your shard. Or alternatively to least spend the money to pay for everyone else’s enjoyment of the game (this is not a thread about the game’s business model, so I concede spending as an alternative).

    When it came to the Darth Revan/Malak meta, lots of people who wanted to stay on top spent money on the game. Now, I'm not against spending money, but spending money does not mean working hard. So how can you say you worked hard to get the meta?

    By now, anyone who knows how to play the game well has had the opportunity to acquire DR and Malak, so the P2W argument doesn’t work. I farmed mods heavily nonstop for over a year, neglecting Cantina toons I didn’t find worth the investment. Because of that, I have an excellent mod collection that has allowed me to stay on top in arena for the three years whatever the meta. When I’ve been on the ground floor of a meta, I could mod mine better than the other versions. When the meta included a marquee toon I didn’t have, I found other teams that could compete, geared and modded them well. That is what you are supposed to do to finish at the top of arena. F2P can usually manage it, but it requires better planning and discipline. That is “the work.”
  • SoonerJBD wrote: »
    212Attack wrote: »
    Sounds like the OP is someone in this ridiculous shard chat that should be guaranteed a top 10 spot. Thing is this post is exactly whats wrong with shard discords. WAHH WAHH WAHHHHHH!!! someone is wrecking my lame **** DR malak cancer... WAHH!!!


    Whether you are in a shard chat is irrelevant. I have worked hard to G13 appropriate toons, accumulate mods that make my key toons the fastest in my shard and learn the mechanics to beat in-game content. I find it disconcerting that someone with 2 million less GP who has one G13 and atrocious mods should be able to climb to Top 10. It makes the top spots meaningless. If you want to climb to the top of the arena, it should require you do the work to earn a spot among the better players in your shard. Or alternatively to least spend the money to pay for everyone else’s enjoyment of the game (this is not a thread about the game’s business model, so I concede spending as an alternative).

    How long have you been playing? That is the norm with the AI playing as bad as it does. G8 teams can exploit full g12 teams. It's lame I agree, but will never ever change.


    No, G8 does not typically exploit full g12. Massive exaggeration. There are some hard counters that allow G11 or maybe a mix of G10-11 to beat one specific squad (like Troopers before the NS Zombie changes), but generally speaking the top 20 of arena, often closer to Top 50 is all G12 or better. When I start seeing a bunch of purple in the top ranks, that is a signal that something is broken with game balance. Again, I’m not arguing everyone should have to use the same squad. I’m all for diversity. But you should at the very least need to gear your squad to G12 and mod them competitively to have a chance at the top spots in arena.
  • I’m fine with teams having a counter. Again, all I am saying is that counters to any meta squad (this would include a Padme team or a JKR team) should require some minimum level of gear and mod investment to be effective in arena, and for reaching top ranks that minimum level should be all G12 or better, maybe one G11 toon. Squads with more purple than not do not belong at the top of arena. Simple as that.
  • ZAP
    529 posts Member
    SoonerJBD wrote: »
    I’m fine with teams having a counter. Again, all I am saying is that counters to any meta squad (this would include a Padme team or a JKR team) should require some minimum level of gear and mod investment to be effective in arena, and for reaching top ranks that minimum level should be all G12 or better, maybe one G11 toon. Squads with more purple than not do not belong at the top of arena. Simple as that.

    Agree
  • RandomSithLord
    1247 posts Member
    edited September 20
    kalidor wrote: »
    If you want to run g8-10 droids with GG then you'll probably win on offense but there's no way you'll hold well. That's good for you since you can take advantage of that and claim an easy spot.
    The guys that hold in the top 20 with droids have squads that look like this:
    sagroib7vgt7.png
    Don't blink or you'll miss the battle, it's over so fast.
    The guys that hold in top 20 with droids are members of the shard chat. They are a hard counter to DR, but anyone with a G13 SE squad has JKR too.

    You could shorthand a R7 GG with an udersized JKR if it's in the mixed droid line up instead of separatists.

    Nevertheless, I was just making a point about the team's defensive capabilities. I don't think the GG nuke shouldn't be able to take 1, whether it's a half G11 or full G13 squad.
  • SoonerJBD wrote: »
    If you think squads with purple geared toons and crappy mods belong at the top of arena... we are just going to have to disagree. But I will point out that it disregards the entire point of the game.
    If they're modded sufficiently to beat teams that significantly outgear them, then clearly they don't have crappy mods.
    Still not a he.
  • Yeah, I brought my 63K Jawa team against a 110 k JKR team 2 days and they killed Revan. Obviously revived...but just saying the game has never had such interesting diversity.

    Makes me wonder if the Jawas can't beat the droids
  • Yeah, I brought my 63K Jawa team against a 110 k JKR team 2 days and they killed Revan.

    Still waiting for a video.

    Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid.
  • TVF
    16330 posts Member
    edited September 20
    KM1 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    KM1 wrote: »
    No different than the zFinn squads.... Oh wait! CG nerfed that. Vizula must be running GG. Because he was all for nerfing zFinn. Amazing how hypocritical people can be!

    How is this in any way the same situation?

    Let's see. Your team goes first, Massive TM gain in the opening, the other team gets zero or one turn and there is even less strategy than in zFinn. You're right no similarities at all. Because here, a paper zombie like weak BB will actually help your team.

    Finn was an unintended interaction with C3PO. There's zero evidence of the same with GG.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • #TeamGGallDay
  • TVF
    16330 posts Member
    edited September 20
    Treeburner wrote: »
    I don't get this thread don't all hard counters require less investment?
    I was taking out 110k NS squads in arena with less geared troopers.
    Do the troopers hold as well as NS ......NO.

    Does a undergeard and stars malak deserve to be in the top 20 too ?

    Not all kits where created equal but all stun guns are point is there is a hard counter time to get used to it.

    Stun guns!

    But yes.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • SoonerJBD wrote: »
    People with crappy mods and G11 Droids do not belong in the Top 20 in arena simply because they can G13 one toon. That squad needs a serious nerf. At the very least, it should require G12/13 on every toon in order to beat other meta squads that are all G13. Just another side effect of OP relics.

    Pssst, jkr beats them easily
  • I love killing GG team with my cls team it's so fun.
  • SoonerJBD wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »
    "These filthy plebs don't deserve to associate with the likes of me! Jeeves, nerf these common rabble immediately!"

    Actually, yeah. People who geared one toon and haven’t farmed mods to be competitive to do not belong in the top 20 ranks with a bunch of people who have done everything right to obtain meta toons, gear and mod their squads to be among the best in the shard. That’s the entire point. Arena isn’t supposed to make you feel good for being average. It is supposed to separate the best players from those who don’t put in the work to develop their roster and mods. And yeah, money can substitute for work, but being smart and making good decisions about farming and allocating crystals can get you to top of the arena. That’s perfectly fine. This is akin to when people with three star Bastila and terrible mods were climbing in many shards. It’s not healthy for the arena.

    There's two ways to be above average in this game. One is to make smart choices with your roster (i.e. follow the meta - doesn't take a genius to do this, and also boring af to me) the other is to theorycraft like a boss.

    This team is the byproduct of some fanatic theory crafting. I love the fact that it's not only a mod fight in arena... nothing more boring than another 'who has the fastest team in the mirror wins' crap.
  • I love the entitled nature of the OP's original post. Good grief.

    Darth Revan and Malak should never have been as powerful as they are currently (and frankly JKR and arguably Traya shouldn't never have been as powerful as they were at release either). Thank goodness there is at least a counter to them these days.
  • Why should they Nerf a perfect counter for Malak..do u have any idea what u need to create that team ? Just because u can’t beat it doesn’t mean that they have to nerf it.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    SoonerJBD wrote: »
    If you think squads with purple geared toons and crappy mods belong at the top of arena... we are just going to have to disagree. But I will point out that it disregards the entire point of the game.
    If they're modded sufficiently to beat teams that significantly outgear them, then clearly they don't have crappy mods.

    No. Just... no. Back when LS Bastila came out, people were using her lead at three stars with Jedi, none of which had any decent speed or otherwise decent mods and climbing in arena. It doesn’t mean those crappy mods were suddenly good mods. It means they designed a kit that allowed people to climb with crappy mods. Same thing here.
  • Torque696 wrote: »
    Why should they Nerf a perfect counter for Malak..do u have any idea what u need to create that team ? Just because u can’t beat it doesn’t mean that they have to nerf it.


    I can beat it easily. I have several teams that can beat it easily. Hell, My DR can beat them on offense. That’s not the point. ANY squad comp that lets you beat a full G13 meta squad with one G13 toon and a bunch of G11s, particularly with mods that aren’t special, is a broken mechanic. I’m fine with a counter that requires you gear the toons. Once again, my issue is a bunch of low geared teams with bad mods hanging around the top 20 all of a sudden. It wa a bad when it was 3 Star Bastila leads, and it’s bad now.
  • I love the entitled nature of the OP's original post. Good grief.

    Darth Revan and Malak should never have been as powerful as they are currently (and frankly JKR and arguably Traya shouldn't never have been as powerful as they were at release either). Thank goodness there is at least a counter to them these days.

    There is nothing at all entitled about suggesting people should have to do what it takes to build, gear and mod a competitive arena squad rather than use some trash toons with crap mods because of a ridiculous interaction.

    I completely agree that DRevan is OP. So was JKR and so was Traya. Frankly, Traya is what started this. That kit was so overpowered and so totally outclassed everything else in existence that it started an unsustainable power creep. There were always metas before, and any game like this is going to have power creep. But Traya turned it o to overdrive. Now every new toon or team they release has to keep up which is why we get GG’s AOE wiping our entire squads in one move. I want diversity. But I want diversity such that you can gear any one of several teams, put competitive mods and then and be able to climb with it. It’s not diversity when all you have to do is gear one toon and throw a couple of zetas on another and then you get to skip the gearing for every other toon and use sub-par mods (as long as your turn order is right). That’s a shortcut so that the bads can climb in arena.
  • Ok, let's be honest, there's literally no point in complaining. CG will not change a thing. They even like the idea of the nuke team. There's no point in arguing about this.
  • Malif13 wrote: »
    Ok, let's be honest, there's literally no point in complaining. CG will not change a thing. They even like the idea of the nuke team. There's no point in arguing about this.

    Then don’t. I think it is worthwhile to bring up a complaint I find valid.

    I don’t think squads with three people geared toons belong at the top of the arena. When that is happening (this isn’t the first time, and I’m sure it won’t be the last), something is broken with the game balance. All there is to it.
  • Ive been running a variation of this team for a looooong time now...

    I think I am probably the person who first put forward it’s viability by adding BB8 to the team?

    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/196318/disheartened-by-the-grievous-rework-never-fear-bb8-makes-the-team-amazing#latest

    I don’t use probe droid but prefer R2 in his place... he pumps up grevious’s damage and adds additional debuffs to make him hit even harder

    It’s a fun team...

    I could run the same stupid team as nearly everyone else... but that’s boring and unimaginative

    It’s funny to see several others in my shard running the cliche gg “nuke team” now that relics have arrived...

    It serves its purpose I suppose... but I’ve been using essentially the same revan answer for months now

    Time for something new I think...
  • TVF
    16330 posts Member
    Who do you clear taunt with if you don't use IPD?
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Woodroward
    3543 posts Member
    edited September 21
    TVF wrote: »
    Who do you clear taunt with if you don't use IPD?

    T3 also clears buffs. Some GG nuke comps don't try and get around taunt though.
    SoonerJBD wrote: »
    My problem is with squads that have G11 IG-88, G10 T3 with two zetas and G8 IPD, which are still climbing with ease.
    I can pretty much guarantee you that no Nuke squad with a G10 T3 is climbing easily. They are losing lots of battles and buying several refreshes every day.

    G10 T3 just isn't tanky enough to stand up well to Reliced SE. He dies too early and the comp fails. Now he might be beating weak SE to climb up into the top 20, but I'd be surprised if that team ever makes it into the top 10. Either that or I'd have to seriously consider the strength of the modding and gear of all the SE teams on your server.

    After Traya came out I was taking 1st with a pure JTR resistance team. It was ridiculously hard. Had to get rid of all my damage and mod for CC exclusively, then rely on getting enough tm gain from exposes and crits to kill Traya before anyone on their side went.... But it cost loads of refreshes to do so. It is absolutely the same situation with your g10 T3 scenario. Can't climb easily until he is g12, and then it requires some very weird but amazing mods to actually mod the team well.

    You might look at Nuke squad mods and think they are junk, but no nuke squad is climbing easily with junk mods They are using very specific mods with weird stats that had to be farmed just as intently as people farm pure speed and offense mods. They look like junk mods, but getting the right set of mods for a nuke squad to have the stats where it worked easily took me months of farming and lots of gear on them. I've talked to plenty of players with Nuke squads who say they are not reliable now that relics are out unless you at least Relic t3 as well.

    I personally take 1st every day with a Nuke squad. 3 out of 5 are reliced, 1 is g12, and IPD is g11. I couldn't win against high relic teams until I really beefed T3 up. I am still having trouble because my GG is only R3 but now my supporting cast is sound enough.

    So while I understand and agree with complaints about people climbing easily with junk mods and low gear, I disagree that situation is actually occurring here. Anyone climbing "easily" has good mods and good gear. Squads with low gear and junk mods might be climbing high, but easily is not the word for it and they're paying well for the "privilege".
  • TVF wrote: »
    KM1 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    KM1 wrote: »
    No different than the zFinn squads.... Oh wait! CG nerfed that. Vizula must be running GG. Because he was all for nerfing zFinn. Amazing how hypocritical people can be!

    How is this in any way the same situation?

    Let's see. Your team goes first, Massive TM gain in the opening, the other team gets zero or one turn and there is even less strategy than in zFinn. You're right no similarities at all. Because here, a paper zombie like weak BB will actually help your team.

    Finn was an unintended interaction with C3PO. There's zero evidence of the same with GG.

    Intended or unintended, the mechanics of paper zombie and the dynamics of zFinn are clearly evident.Even the justification 'it is just a. Cheese team', 'it doesn't hold on D' are the same. If CG is honest & consistent, they must do something about it (or admit they're just hypocrites). Otherwise, arena will end up being single move matches. What a 'fun' dynamic!
Sign In or Register to comment.