Matchmaking is killing the joy and the competition in the game

Torque696
7 posts Member
edited September 2019
Let me start by saying that i’m Playing this game for more than 4 years and for us players this matchmaking is killing us. Being a old player obviously I have teams at G12 that no longer serve any purpose like “Rogue One” and can be beaten in GA using only one character but it has inflated my GP massively thus matchmaking me with a whaler which is not fair. I can’t even put them of defence nor can I defeat any other teams with them, but the new whalers are not gonna invest anything in Rogue One for obvious reasons which give us that have them a massive disadvantage. You just killed the game and killed the true fans. No joy whatsoever

Replies

• Then dont use rogue 1.. if you are playing for 4 years you should have all the meta toons by now geared up cause you had plenty of time to save guild and only farm them as everyone else is farmed.. you are also in the bracket where your gp is on top of the list so your opponents cant get any weaker or tougher then other people in division 1..
  • Bingo! After nearly 4 years of gameplay (game launched November 2015), there's no reason for anyone to lack the meta toons even if they are only at 5 stars (like Malak, c3po, Padme) unless they choose not to.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Torque696
    7 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Not using teams geared up at 12 makes them useless right ?. Ok so let’s say for instance that a whaler comes along and decides to only gear the meta teams which is currently the case in hand they will have the same GP like you cause they invested a lot in relics and you will be matched with them. My problem is not the fact that I don’t have the meta teams which I have regardless that they are not G13 or have any relics but the aspect that I haven’t even inflated my rooster and still being matched with whalers. The whole point of playing this game for such a long time comes at a disadvantage because the old meta teams can’t even be used as a defence in GA without giving your opponents an easy fight. Probably more than 2.5 - 3 mil GP i could have spared if I haven’t geared those teams two or 3 years ago when they were useful. Tell me that i’m Wrong about this but give me proper arguments not the fact that I’m classed in higher divisions...
  • Torque696 wrote: »
    Let me start by saying that i’m Playing this game for more than 4 years and for us players this matchmaking is killing us. Being a old player obviously I have teams at G12 that no longer serve any purpose like “Rogue One” and can be beaten in GA using only one character but it has inflated my GP massively thus matchmaking me with a whaler which is not fair. I can’t even put them of defence nor can I defeat any other teams with them, but the new whalers are not gonna invest anything in Rogue One for obvious reasons which give us that have them a massive disadvantage. You just killed the game and killed the true fans. No joy whatsoever

I agree with the sentiment, it really feels like you are being penalized. I'm carrying a lot of extra pre-TW weight too. Back when you could experiment and there was no penalty for increasing say, Ugnaught, because it was fun to use him with the only 4 Ewoks available and knock down Separatist droids. Oops.

There's 2 fixes for you:
    1) don't hesitate to use Rogue One on defense. I do, and I've climbed to Aurodium. I use Ackbar on defense too. It gives you more teams to attack with, and you'll occasionally surprise people who think they can take your properly modded and geared Rogue One with an under-geared squad.
    2) in GAC, focus on offense. They beat your defense, sure - beat them harder.
    3) The last thing, if losing in GAC really bothers you, stop collecting new characters / shards and focus solely on gearing up complete squads. You say you have the meta teams, gear them and use them.

Ignore the negative comments from people who have been in the game for less time, they don't understand because they didn't have a free pre-TW sandbox to play in. But there are steps you can take right now to improve your roster, and my advice is to focus on that.
  • darthbyenchilada
    192 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Torque696 wrote: »

I miss enjoying nodes and events. I really enjoyed gearing whatever faction I wanted to enjoy working on.
    Post edited by darthbyenchilada on
  • G13 + relics on any toon even old should advance them capable of holding their own. It's your own fault for not having the gear saved up for the meta...

Heck malak??? Has dozens of counters. Including the most famous gg suicide squad. Or padme.. both have teams that have been f2p for years with the exception of padme solo character(as for her whole squad the fact you dont have them g13 already is cause you didnt want to.) Gg however has been out and g13avle for months now f2p with a killer squad that doesnt need to be g13 to crush a fully geared malak team..

You arent even trying anymore so people who are starting to try to build their rosters are crushing you. Relics arent hard to get a few up. Sure getting them to 7 without spending money is impossible to do full squad. But give it more time.
  • I'm not so sure about this.

I am not a whale - I spend a minimal amount of money on this game. But what I am, is a giant guppy. My entire roster is inflated to 7*, Level85, GL8+, A&A7+, with only a handful exceptions.

I do have most competitive teams at decent levels too, but only one GL13, who now also has Relic 4. When I'm matched up, it generally matches me against other giant guppies. The whales are more top heavy for their GP range, and I have never met one, even at 4.7-4.8 Million GP.

I feel the matchmaking is way better now, and I have enjoyed every fight I've been in. I've won some, lost some.

Perhaps I'm just lucky to not have run into someone I feel is way out of my league.

Perhaps the solution is to inflate your roster.
  • PVP was and is broken, because of the snowball system of the rewards, you will soon face new players who didn`t inflated there roaster most of them are free to play, (Scissorman-Account has after 40 weeks around 2 mil GP) so after 70 weeks you will lose against those players always. So all those new accounts (most of them secound account of veteran players, f2P and there are not a whale) will beat you, and you will have less anad less fun to play the game and quit the game. And play the new lego star wars or something like that, where you aren`t punished by playing the game
  • Reptis5000 wrote: »
    G13 + relics on any toon even old should advance them capable of holding their own. It's your own fault for not having the gear saved up for the meta...

Heck malak??? Has dozens of counters. Including the most famous gg suicide squad. Or padme.. both have teams that have been f2p for years with the exception of padme solo character(as for her whole squad the fact you dont have them g13 already is cause you didnt want to.) Gg however has been out and g13avle for months now f2p with a killer squad that doesnt need to be g13 to crush a fully geared malak team..

You arent even trying anymore so people who are starting to try to build their rosters are crushing you. Relics arent hard to get a few up. Sure getting them to 7 without spending money is impossible to do full squad. But give it more time.

As someone who is also been playing for years it also means you burn a lot of gear even though I have a lot of squads between g10 getting to g12 requires a focused gear hunting which normally stops meta progression. Aside from spending $$$$$ on the game you normally can't just get meta toons on the first or second wave unless you have planned for it. But any way if you have 3mil with 2 g12 vs the guy with only pillar and meta g13 plus it's very irrelevant that you have 1.5 mil in worthless toons.
  • Don't tell me Padme teams beat Geos- this **** has a **** squad 60k against my dumb padme 90k and couldn't get an actual turn worth anything, absolute garbage