Cheating In Galaxy of Heroes [MEGA]

Replies

• That's not players fault for abusing what were given.

Abuse is the Keyword. Using in a way that isn't intended. While I believe setting 1 unbeatable team on defense is a legitimate strategy, the shard abuse is an exploit. Exploiting in many games is a bannable offense.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Sickarma wrote: »
    That's not players fault for abusing what were given.

Abuse is the Keyword. Using in a way that isn't intended. While I believe setting 1 unbeatable team on defense is a legitimate strategy, the shard abuse is an exploit. Exploiting in many games is a bannable offense.

It's not a bannable offense in this game and it's not considered an exploit either. See, we have a sub forum right within the official forums in order to establish shard chat contact.
  • Sickarma wrote: »

Shard chats are completely fine, IMO. If two opponents want to nerf their defenses? Sure let them. I don't care.

They shouldn't be able to use game mechanics to ruin someone elses attack though.
  • BobcatSkywalker
    2194 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    YetiYeti wrote: »

Shard chats are completely fine, IMO. If two opponents want to nerf their defenses? Sure let them. I don't care.

They shouldn't be able to use game mechanics to ruin someone elses attack though.

But it's a mechanic that's in the game... your beef isn't with the players doing this stuff it's with the game maker. You cant expect people to not sabotage you if the game allows a sabotage to occur.

That's not abuse or exploiting, it's just someone doing something you dont like.
    Calling for bans because people performed allowed actions in the game is as ridiculous as asking for a ban for using hound tooth because you cant kill it.

I abuse overpowered characters and get 63 point wins and put my avg up to over 60 and win ga even if they full clear me.

I set gg on D because half the time the buttons disappear and you get a free win.

should I get banned for abusing the game mechanics to ruin your attacks and ruin your defenses?

Or does that make me a good player?

Perspective I guess....
  • COlLusIoN!!!!!
  • YetiYeti wrote: »

But it's a mechanic that's in the game... your beef isn't with the players doing this stuff it's with the game maker. You cant expect people to not sabotage you if the game allows a sabotage to occur.

That's not abuse or exploiting, it's just someone doing something you dont like.
    Calling for bans because people performed allowed actions in the game is as ridiculous as asking for a ban for using hound tooth because you cant kill it.

I abuse overpowered characters and get 63 point wins and put my avg up to over 60 and win ga even if they full clear me.

I set gg on D because half the time the buttons disappear and you get a free win.

should I get banned for abusing the game mechanics to ruin your attacks and ruin your defenses?

Perspective I guess....

No, I'm not saying they should get banned. I'm saying that the Game should correct this mechanic so that it cannot be used to **** on peoples experiences.

All it does is ruins someone elses enjoyment of the game mode. Or are you not a good enough player to beat someone without abusing the scoring system?
  • BobcatSkywalker
    2194 posts Member
    edited September 2019

Perspective I guess....

No, I'm not saying they should get banned. I'm saying that the Game should correct this mechanic so that it cannot be used to **** on peoples experiences.

All it does is ruins someone elses enjoyment of the game mode. Or are you not a good enough player to beat someone without abusing the scoring system?

Others above have said ban above. I play for max points and winning, you can call it abusing scoring or exploiting or whatever you want but go start a complaint thread this post is supposed to be about actual cheating which is doing things that the game doesn't allow like increasing offense to 1000% with a apk mod.

If something in scoring gives me an edge I'll use it, if a team is broken and caused a game crash on D I'll use it. It's not that I'm not good enough to beat them without it but if they also put it on D then I'm sabotaged too.

Look anything the game allows (game mechanics) is fair to do learn the bugs, either wai or not (how to make toons interact to be stronger) and you will be a better player.

Edit for clarity. I'm not endorsing cheating at all cheaters should be banned if they can be proven cheaters but we need to differentiate between cheating and doing things the game allows that people someone like.
    Post edited by BobcatSkywalker on
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Well, I've faced a couple cheaters in GA. They clearly didn't have the resources to face my teams, but they did nonetheless, clearly using the boosted HP and/or damage cheat (which I won't mention, because we all know how they do). Absolutely nothing was done to address them, even if I reported them both in-game and here. Looks like losing customers for silly pay to play stuff is OK but banning a cheater is something they need to think about for quite a long time. We don't want to accidentally ban whales that also need to cheat.
  • evoluza wrote: »
    Drazhar wrote: »
    Well, I've faced a couple cheaters in GA. They clearly didn't have the resources to face my teams, but they did nonetheless, clearly using the boosted HP and/or damage cheat (which I won't mention, because we all know how they do). Absolutely nothing was done to address them, even if I reported them both in-game and here. Looks like losing customers for silly pay to play stuff is OK but banning a cheater is something they need to think about for quite a long time. We don't want to accidentally ban whales that also need to cheat.

There are also way to many people that don't know what possible is and what isn't.
    I got one that reported me and he believed that g12 5dot teams can't beat g13 6dot teams.
    Even told him the teams and he didn't believe it. Everyone should learn hard-counters as there homework.

Hi

How do you know he reports you? In this case, are we notificated?
  • Riveedan wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »
    Drazhar wrote: »

There are also way to many people that don't know what possible is and what isn't.
    I got one that reported me and he believed that g12 5dot teams can't beat g13 6dot teams.
    Even told him the teams and he didn't believe it. Everyone should learn hard-counters as there homework.

Hi

How do you know he reports you? In this case, are we notificated?

I think so. CubsFanHan knew it as well as he got reported.
  • YetiYeti
    434 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    It's pretty clear that CG plan to do nothing about the cheating issues, or punishing people using the cheat program.

The guy who cheated against DBOfficial never got banned despite defying the possible.
  • Is this ok? 33,7kk of crystals?2g4kgdjv3hzy.png
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Is this ok? 33,7kk of crystals?2g4kgdjv3hzy.png

What do you mean is it ok?
  • I don’t know how much money wales spend in the game. As far as I understand the amount above is about 230k USD. But the person doesn’t seem to be so crazy. Need to know is there an issue to suspect cheating?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    I don’t know how much money wales spend in the game. As far as I understand the amount above is about 230k USD. But the person doesn’t seem to be so crazy. Need to know is there an issue to suspect cheating?

Are you sure? Different abbreviations are used in different languages. I would assume that's showing 33,700 crystals, not 33,700,000 crystals.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    I don’t know how much money wales spend in the game. As far as I understand the amount above is about 230k USD. But the person doesn’t seem to be so crazy. Need to know is there an issue to suspect cheating?

The screenshot you posted is from a Spanish account. I think the game uses a capital M for million.
    37 mil = 37 thousand
    37 millón = 37 million

I think that screenshot shows 33.7 thousand crystals. That's a lot, but it isn't a far-fetched amount. That just over US$200 if you were to buy them, not even considering the amounts that player gets from arena (seems to have a decent fleet arena ranking).
  • Liath wrote: »

Are you sure? Different abbreviations are used in different languages. I would assume that's showing 33,700 crystals, not 33,700,000 crystals.

No, i’m not. In my russian language interface «М» - means million. That’s why i’m asking. Can smbdy from Spain share info?
  • Lio wrote: »

The screenshot you posted is from a Spanish account. I think the game uses a capital M for million.
    37 mil = 37 thousand
    37 millón = 37 million

I think that screenshot shows 33.7 thousand crystals. That's a lot, but it isn't a far-fetched amount. That just over US$200 if you were to buy them, not even considering the amounts that player gets from arena (seems to have a decent fleet arena ranking).

Thanks, dear!
  • I also got my first Cheater now and stopped spending a single dime in that game. Im just a small dolphin but cheating just kills the fun. Opponent cleared my strong Defense despite having everything on Defense ... it’s just obvious ... if he is still playing in a Month from now ... I will quit the game and spend money on ... cinema :) CG ... your turn
  • YetiYeti
    434 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Edited: Hahah nevermind someone pointed out the M = K thingy
  • TC_CrunchyCookie123
    53 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Wow, so it has been over a month since they admitted that cheating goes on and said they are doing a lot to prevent it? What has been done? I am not in programming so don't know how hard it would be to actually incorporate the battle log thing but it is a great idea. I did come across a cheater myself and it took me almost an hour to run the numbers and figure out that he had to have gotten like 63 banners per attack to have gotten the score he did. And this is against some really stout defensive teams that I posted. Either he was the best player in the game or he was cheating... However, no way to prove it and who knows what happens after you hit the report button. CG, is it that hard to put in a battle log? Other games do it so it can't be too hard.
  • Got my first cheater. He kept his DR (No malak) and JKR for offense. Everything else was set on defense.

Yet he got perfect 64's for every fight. That means he managed to perfectly win with undersized squads against Ewoks, Fo, Rebels, Carth, Geos and a mixed leftover where 64 is actually possible. As for obvious counters, he had either low level and low gear or none (i.e. L1 Nest, no Wampa g5 Traya)

I still tried to chat with the guy and asked what he used against certain squads but that<s where he stopped talking and left the room.

I ended up reporting him.

The sad part is he will likely not be banned, or not right away and will do it to others until he just cant. Worst, those that lost because of a cheater will never get any sort of compensation
  • GIVE US BATTLE LOGS!
    We don't ask for more actually :-).
    On one side we then can figure out on our own if the fights and used teams where ok, and on the other hand, i'm just curious to see what was used against my deff, to learn something in the end.
    Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining
  • ZoeyMara
    57 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    i really dont want battle logs im assuming your talking logs that give out way too much information and that takes away from strategy , all i want to know is what team and how many points they got per fight that's it , thats all the information i need in order to determine if they cheated or not. I dont need a replay video , i dont need a log that tells me who he attacked first and how much damage he did , all i need is what team and how many points they got.
  • Goku_Black wrote: »
    Got my first cheater. He kept his DR (No malak) and JKR for offense. Everything else was set on defense.

Yet he got perfect 64's for every fight. That means he managed to perfectly win with undersized squads against Ewoks, Fo, Rebels, Carth, Geos and a mixed leftover where 64 is actually possible. As for obvious counters, he had either low level and low gear or none (i.e. L1 Nest, no Wampa g5 Traya)

I still tried to chat with the guy and asked what he used against certain squads but that<s where he stopped talking and left the room.

I ended up reporting him.

The sad part is he will likely not be banned, or not right away and will do it to others until he just cant. Worst, those that lost because of a cheater will never get any sort of compensation

Same here. Two cheaters last GAC. Made it impossible to reach Kyber. Compensation? Yeah ... Sure ...
    Even if (and that is a BIG if) CG cares enough to get rid of those two ****, I won't get Kyber rewards.
  • 2px91r4enkk4.jpg
    Raffrank as you can see the obvious choice to attack. His Bastilla could stun a foresighted character. The weirdest thing his whole team whaled on that character and he never lost foresight but did get nuked with a gear 12 and 11 team. It just seems suspicious to me. But don't take my word for it, try a JKR team against him or NS Ghoul team and see if his crap mods actually overcome buffs like crit immunity and foresight.
  • potatoelee wrote: »
    2px91r4enkk4.jpg
    Raffrank as you can see the obvious choice to attack. His Bastilla could stun a foresighted character. The weirdest thing his whole team whaled on that character and he never lost foresight but did get nuked with a gear 12 and 11 team. It just seems suspicious to me. But don't take my word for it, try a JKR team against him or NS Ghoul team and see if his crap mods actually overcome buffs like crit immunity and foresight.

Raffrank is in my guild and I looked over his mods, they aren’t crap. Plus, there is no way for someone to cheat on defense, it’s likely that you simply missed something during the battle.
This discussion has been closed.