Grand Arena Championships MEGATHREAD

Replies

• Drazhar wrote: »
    We can all see how efficient your cheater control is. I'm facing one of them right now, and I'm pretty sure he will even be able to bring home this GA round. None of his GA teams are properly geared, but they're all somehow faster than mine, even if my teams have 30 more speed on average. He didn't even bother deploying a good defense, as he thought I would have lost due to the surprise. I've sent a PM to lucifersdaddy and reported him in-game. Is this enough to have at least his account checked? Or do I need to rain dance before your desks to have something addressed?

That's not enough for anything to be addressed because there's no way to cheat on defense. Whatever you think he's doing, you're incorrect, looking at stats in the wrong place, and/or misunderstanding something.
  • Liath wrote: »
    Drazhar wrote: »
    We can all see how efficient your cheater control is. I'm facing one of them right now, and I'm pretty sure he will even be able to bring home this GA round. None of his GA teams are properly geared, but they're all somehow faster than mine, even if my teams have 30 more speed on average. He didn't even bother deploying a good defense, as he thought I would have lost due to the surprise. I've sent a PM to lucifersdaddy and reported him in-game. Is this enough to have at least his account checked? Or do I need to rain dance before your desks to have something addressed?

That's not enough for anything to be addressed because there's no way to cheat on defense. Whatever you think he's doing, you're incorrect, looking at stats in the wrong place, and/or misunderstanding something.

Prove it
  • Krashxxxx wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Drazhar wrote: »

Prove it

In another thread we did indeed prove that Drazhar had missed some game mechanics.
  • Liath wrote: »
    Xtractor wrote: »
    I like GA, but I'm not sure about how matchmaking will work in this. In regular GA we're already supposed to face evenly matched opponents. In GA Championship, will we start off facing undermatched opponents and progress to overmatched opponents? If so, I don't see the point. Why would I want to face an undermatched or overmatched opponent? The fun of GA is trying to defeat evenly matched opponents. Seems like those of us under 400k gp won't get much from this. But I'll wait and see in case I'm missing something.

It would be impossible for everyone to start off facing undermatched opponents wouldn't it?

Is it even possible for anyone to be an undermatch to 400k? Wowsers
  • HK22 wrote: »
    Okay, my big question is what is the purpose of feats? They look to be additional tasks inside/outside of GA that provide goodies and points towards ranking up. Is the purpose of the feat system to allow players that hit a roadblock due to skill/mods/Malak to keep getting rewards? If so that would alleviate one of my biggest concerns about the championship, namely that non-whale players will eventually hit a roadblock where they cannot climb and be forced to settle.

I would definitely enjoy knowing more about this particular part of the system.

It's 1000 points for a win. Concentrate on that
  • This is by far the most ridiculous part of the game. Matchmaking code is terrible, resulting in completely unfair matchups every time ... I could write something better in my sleep.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »
    Xtractor wrote: »
    I like GA, but I'm not sure about how matchmaking will work in this. In regular GA we're already supposed to face evenly matched opponents. In GA Championship, will we start off facing undermatched opponents and progress to overmatched opponents? If so, I don't see the point. Why would I want to face an undermatched or overmatched opponent? The fun of GA is trying to defeat evenly matched opponents. Seems like those of us under 400k gp won't get much from this. But I'll wait and see in case I'm missing something.

It would be impossible for everyone to start off facing undermatched opponents wouldn't it?

Is it even possible for anyone to be an undermatch to 400k? Wowsers

If you are defining "undermatch" and "overmatch" strictly by total GP, then no, I imagine there aren't too many level 85 players with much lower than 400k GP. But total GP isn't a very reasonable way of evaluating that.

Anyway, the system doesn't try to under or overmatch anybody. It just matches people with close to equal matchmaking GP who are in the same division and same league. If you win and rise up the leagues, your matches at the end are naturally more difficult because you are facing other people who also won.
  • Hola e actualizado el juego Star Wars galaxy of heroes y me dice k mi cuenta está excluida y quisiera sa cer como recuperararla
  • HK22 wrote: »
    Okay, my big question is what is the purpose of feats? They look to be additional tasks inside/outside of GA that provide goodies and points towards ranking up. Is the purpose of the feat system to allow players that hit a roadblock due to skill/mods/Malak to keep getting rewards? If so that would alleviate one of my biggest concerns about the championship, namely that non-whale players will eventually hit a roadblock where they cannot climb and be forced to settle.

They definitely add some side points that will help you climb. After attacking (In a battle I do not think I will win) I was roughly 600-700 points short of Kyber. These feats allowed me to get into kyber without having to pray my opponent with JKR/DR/malak/GBA doesn't beat me. I'm not a whale at all, so ya they do assist in getting promoted.
  • They need to fix GAC history on player statistics.... the rank is good, league also but division isn't....i have division 11 in there when I was in division 1.
  • AceCV wrote: »
    They need to fix GAC history on player statistics.... the rank is good, league also but division isn't....i have division 11 in there when I was in division 1.

I was just coming in to say this. Everybody I've looked at is listed as Division 11.
  • What GOH needs is:

1. A gear trade system.
    2. Better loot.
    3. More challenges.
    4. Level 100.
    5. More daily activities.
    6. 212th Waxer and Boil Clone Troopers.
    7. Clone Commando Delta Squad.
    8. Practice Battles.
    9. Clone Commanders Gree and Bly.
    10. More Crystal and Omega rewards.
    11. Force Unleashed characters.
    12. Jedi Luke Skywalker.
    13. Longer Galactic War.
    14. More light and dark side battles.
    15. Better energy limit (320)
  • What GOH needs is:

1. A gear trade system.
    2. Better loot.
    3. More challenges.
    4. Level 100.
    5. More daily activities.
    6. 212th Waxer and Boil Clone Troopers.
    7. Clone Commando Delta Squad.
    8. Practice Battles.
    9. Clone Commanders Gree and Bly.
    10. More Crystal and Omega rewards.
    11. Force Unleashed characters.
    12. Jedi Luke Skywalker.
    13. Longer Galactic War.
    14. More light and dark side battles.
    15. Better energy limit (320)

Point 1 makes your whole post moot.
  • Jack1210 wrote: »
    HK22 wrote: »

They definitely add some side points that will help you climb. After attacking (In a battle I do not think I will win) I was roughly 600-700 points short of Kyber. These feats allowed me to get into kyber without having to pray my opponent with JKR/DR/malak/GBA doesn't beat me. I'm not a whale at all, so ya they do assist in getting promoted.

Couldn't agree more. I only made it to Kyber because of feats. I was like only 200 points above the Kyber treshold. If the feats didn't exist I wouldn't have made it to Kyber. They do need some tweaking imo but they are a very cool feature overall.

Couldn't agree more. I only made it to Kyber because of feats. I was like only 200 points above the Kyber treshold. If the feats didn't exist I wouldn't have made it to Kyber. They do need some tweaking imo but they are a very cool feature overall.

They are the ones to setup the league threshold and feats...it's a weird argument to say you were able to do it because of the feats, if there were no feats they'd have to lower the thresholds. I'm ok with there being feats, they just need to relate all of those to gac events.
  • So are they going to do anything to Fix Matchmaking? I think many are confused as to the impact of Relics as they only affected the 4th GAC matchups, which were better matchups on average because of the impact of leagues, and not relics.

• TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Vice_torn wrote: »
    So are they going to do anything to Fix Matchmaking?

Is it broken?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

Is it broken?

Please stop trolling every post.

Every thread involving GAC seems to be taking up with people responding to your **** posts.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Is it broken?

Every thread involving GAC seems to be taking up with people responding to your **** posts.

I'm not trolling. I'm respectfully disagreeing with your assessment, which I'm told is allowed here.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • rickertron
    324 posts Member
    edited September 2019

Is it broken?

I'm not trolling. I'm respectfully disagreeing with your assessment, which I'm told is allowed here.

I agree with TVF, matchmaking does not appear to be broken.
  • I have also to agree, MM looks not bad at the moment, needs still some fine tuning, but i faced fair opponents so far. Some i did beat, some i couldn't, but i had a chance which i didn't maximize, therefore ok to loose some battles i didn't execute perfectly.
    Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining
  • Tbh for me the match making has been pretty good.

Even those opponents that have had a super squad (G13 Dr Evan, Malak, Dark Basty, etc) has not been too much out of balance as most I have faced tend to have a shallow roster beyond that.

Had a few times rolled someone as they had neither Revan in their roster but 10/12 of the last GA match ups were decently balanced and made for a fun fight
  • Ya if you were not an **** and focused on ships and placed zetas... Matchmaking is great. For those with 80+ zetas, matchmaking is broken.... I keep getting matched with players with 50-60 zetas and it's a complete blowout. I have 50k more GP In zetas, they have 50k more in g13 and relics..... The addition of GP In relics really does not fix this.

It's not a surprise that everyone In the top 10 ranks in division one have under 70 zetas. Even though those that were active with regard to zetas have over 100....

TVF has been told all of several times by several players, but still makes his posts.... This really only effects higher end players... If the matchmaking works for you fine, but that does not mean it's not broken, and it's not a resource management issue...

Who has time fur all that ****?

Who has time fur all that ****?

Idk, but possibly every **** user in this game.....
  • Vice_torn wrote: »
    Ya if you were not an **** and focused on ships and placed zetas... Matchmaking is great. For those with 80+ zetas, matchmaking is broken.... I keep getting matched with players with 50-60 zetas and it's a complete blowout. I have 50k more GP In zetas, they have 50k more in g13 and relics..... The addition of GP In relics really does not fix this.

It's not a surprise that everyone In the top 10 ranks in division one have under 70 zetas. Even though those that were active with regard to zetas have over 100....

TVF has been told all of several times by several players, but still makes his posts.... This really only effects higher end players... If the matchmaking works for you fine, but that does not mean it's not broken, and it's not a resource management issue...

It appears you have come up with your answer on what you need to do to compete at the high end, start focusing on developing more G13 toons.
  • rickertron wrote: »
    Ya if you were not an **** and focused on ships and placed zetas... Matchmaking is great. For those with 80+ zetas, matchmaking is broken.... I keep getting matched with players with 50-60 zetas and it's a complete blowout. I have 50k more GP In zetas, they have 50k more in g13 and relics..... The addition of GP In relics really does not fix this.

It appears you have come up with your answer on what you need to do to compete at the high end, start focusing on developing more G13 toons.

I feel Like I am banging my head against a wall here.... IF I am matched with someone with 21 less zetas, they can have 21 more G13 Relic 3 toons then myself and still have the same top GP. If I manage to take 20 toons to G13, if I am matched with someone with 20 less zetas they will have 40 g13s giving 4 additional teams of G13 toons, not allot better.

You get that right? Look at the reports of suggested mismatches.... the have one thing in common a large difference in zetas. The player with more zetas is at a disadvantage.

There is no way a player can build out of this hole. The only way to fix it is to remove the GP added by zetas.
  • Vice_torn wrote: »
    rickertron wrote: »

I feel Like I am banging my head against a wall here.... IF I am matched with someone with 21 less zetas, they can have 21 more G13 Relic 3 toons then myself and still have the same top GP. If I manage to take 20 toons to G13, if I am matched with someone with 20 less zetas they will have 40 g13s giving 4 additional teams of G13 toons, not allot better.

You get that right? Look at the reports of suggested mismatches.... the have one thing in common a large difference in zetas. The player with more zetas is at a disadvantage.

There is no way a player can build out of this hole. The only way to fix it is to remove the GP added by zetas.

I get it, you don't like losing.

I get it you struggle to understand matchmaking.

I get it you struggle to understand matchmaking.

Nope, I get it. I just don't agree.