Mod energy

Hi, do people use there full mod energy everyday?
I just use it for the daily items and never use it again.
What is point in having so much?

Replies

• You might need to watch a video on the usefulness of mods
  • I get the 3 x 50 crystal refreshes every day without fail.
    As does most of the players
  • Note I have tons of 5* so am fully aware of how useful they are but now have so many i just sell the new ones.
    It just seems a waste of energy do it.
  • It really isn’t. Depth of good mods, particularly those with 15+ speed secondaries, is probably the single biggest factor in deciding how effective you are in PvP modes like TW and GAC.

You can never have enough good mods, and just spending enough to achieve the daily reward is a huge mistake.
  • Metas are temporary, mods are forever.
  • Note I have tons of 5* so am fully aware of how useful they are but now have so many i just sell the new ones.

5* is not how you determine whether a mod is good. Also we have 6* mods now, so even if all those mods you have were amazing (which I am confident they are not) you could be using that energy for slicing materials to get them to 6*.

Great mods are one of the biggest factors in top end arena and GA. I am consistently amazed at how poor some of my GA opponents' mods are.
  • Slippyfist
    382 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Note I have tons of 5* so am fully aware of how useful they are but now have so many i just sell the new ones.

Do you have dozens upon dozens of 20+ speed mods? Being a 5 star mod doesn't make the mod good. Even if you have all God mods on every toon, and you have sliced everything to Gold or 6*, I would still argue it's worth using the energy just to sell the mods for credits. It seems to me that for endgame, even if you had EVERY toon 7*, G13, relic level 7, the mod energy would be useful. I would argue that at endgame it is the MOST valuable energy since there will ALWAYS be room for improvement on your mods. Would you care to upload pictures of your stockpile of 5* mods? I find it hard to believe that anyone has a full load of God mods just sitting around to the point where farming mods is useless.

Now that I write this in kinda wondering if you're trolling. Saying you don't even need to use mod energy is like saying, "I don't need regular energy any more, I already have a team of 7 star characters".

Mods are the most important thing in the game

Nobody cares about the # of 5* / 6* mods u have

They care about the # of speed u have (20-25) per mod
  • Slippyfist wrote: »
    Note I have tons of 5* so am fully aware of how useful they are but now have so many i just sell the new ones.

Do you have dozens upon dozens of 20+ speed mods? Being a 5 star mod doesn't make the mod good. Even if you have all God mods on every toon, and you have sliced everything to Gold or 6*, I would still argue it's worth using the energy just to sell the mods for credits. It seems to me that for endgame, even if you had EVERY toon 7*, G13, relic level 7, the mod energy would be useful. I would argue that at endgame it is the MOST valuable energy since there will ALWAYS be room for improvement on your mods. Would you care to upload pictures of your stockpile of 5* mods? I find it hard to believe that anyone has a full load of God mods just sitting around to the point where farming mods is useless.

Now that I write this in kinda wondering if you're trolling. Saying you don't even need to use mod energy is like saying, "I don't need regular energy any more, I already have a team of 7 star characters".

New players man I'm telling u
  • He’s a returning player. Might have missed the whole arrival of mods.
  • He’s a returning player. Might have missed the whole arrival of mods.

Maybe so, and if that's the case I COULD see the confusion BUT even a new or returning player should see the value in selling 10-12 mods a day for 90k ish credits. He did say he has a lot of 5* mods though so he's was either there when they launched or has been back long enough to stockpile. I dunno, still feels like trolling lol.
  • Hi, do people use there full mod energy everyday?
    /quote]
    Every. Single. Day.
  • This wasnt trolling. It was a legitimate question from someone looking for a reasonable answer.
    To those who did (look for speed or slice them) thanks.
    To those who think that was a trolling question i cant understand how it even sounded like one.
  • To those who think that was a trolling question i cant understand how it even sounded like one.
    Probably because most people around here understand the importance of mods.
  • Rath tarr most players havent been away from the game for over a year and a half.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Rath tarr most players havent been away from the game for over a year and a half.

Since you hadn't mentioned that fact before, people did not have that information when they made their posts.
  • Liath darjelo salas mentioned half way up that i was a returning player so i didnt feel the need to repeat what someone had already said.
    I assumed people can read and understand what darjelo wrote
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Liath darjelo salas mentioned half way up that i was a returning player so i didnt feel the need to repeat what someone had already said.
    I assumed people can read and understand what darjelo wrote

That was after the suggestion that it was a troll post. And it doesn't tell us how long you were gone or whether you had missed the entire existence of mods up to now.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    How long have mods been around? Longer than a year and a half?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Just to expand on the answers you've got pointing out how important mod energy is, consider the situation where two identical teams with similar gear levels are battling. There are only factor three factors determining the outcome of the match are 1) not miss playing and making mistakes, 2) the very very small chance of having awful luck in the elements of the match that are random chance and most importantly 3) the quality of your mods vs the other teams mods.

In some cases that boils down to how much speed you have on your mods vs your opponents mods but there are plenty of cases where multiple other stats that come from mods are also important. The quality of your mods however is a function of chance since the stats the appear on a mod and subsequently increase when you level and slice your mod are random.

As an example (with very rough numbers): If you upgrade/slice to gold a single mod you get that started with speed as a secondary stat you have a slightly better than 0.36% chance you'll get over 20 speed on it. If you upgrade/slice 250 mods you have a bit over 50% chance to get a mod with better than 20 speed secondary on it (not to mention a whole host of 10+ speed secondary mods too). The more you upgrade the better your chances and your mod inventory gets. But that only considers the one secondary stat of speed. Ideally you want that secondary stat to be on a mod with the most optimal primary stat and set bonus and if possible 3 other suitable/useful secondary stats.

So as others said, upgrading mods is a never ending process as you can always improve on your current mods. That's why if you have the resources most people recommend the 3x 50 crystal refreshes as a minimum every day, divided between acquiring new mods and slicing materials as needed. Of course at lower crystal income that's pretty impossible to sustain but should be a goal if you start climbing high in arenas and increasing crystal income.

This is a useful beginners guide to modding that may be worth you looking at... https://gaming-fans.com/star-wars-goh/swgoh-101/swgoh-101-comprehensive-mod-guide/