Relic Amplifiers, The Gear System & Our Next Update [MEGA]

Replies

• On my way to first gear 13 character, then all of a sudden I have to fight characters with relics level 3 and 4. I like boosting my characters and was looking forward to wiping the territory battles War. if I could get just enough characters gear levels up. Then all of a sudden one character gets a high Relic level and then it blasts my expectations out of the water. so now I'm left with the question unanswered, "What's the highest gear Relic level?" sooner or later I've got to hit the top. So where is the top? What level? I've been working on my team for over a year. and all of a sudden my group is STILL not good enough. So somebody just tell me, what's the highest Relic level? Just so I know.

7 is the temporary highest level. Once enough people reach 7 (most likely when f2p start naturally reaching it on x amount of toons) CG will again move the carrot. Relics will go to 10 or 15 causing your roster of level 7 relics to be massacred by whales much stronger relic 15 character.

Profit...
    Repeat... once enough have met level 15 relics introduce level 30

Profit...
    Repeat... once enough have met level 30 relics then into level 60

Profit...
    Repeat...

This is the real road ahead.

Ofc, this game is one big skinner's box. Noone should be surprised at this point we are 4 years into it.
  • What would be cool is if we could scrap mark 4 stun guns into mark 5 stun guns, you know since farming gear for the lower tiers is supposed to get easier, but that will never happen so I digress.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Vicarious wrote: »
    Sound like that’s the case to me.

CG can’t just give anything to their players/customers.....

Have to spend the $50+ on just the g12 finisher, not to mention all the other gear $$$$, then the $50-$75 or who knows how much for the Relic.

Have to milk their players you know....

You know that you are incorrect. You don’t have to spend money. Just refresh energy and in a month you’ll have your g13 also.

FWIW, the game works like this because players spend ridiculous amount of money for an advantage.
  • I think the main purpose is to play the game, to compete in pve/pvp and not to collect something. Currently it is too much collecting things...ok, I can collect one month to get a char on g13, but I need five...and after five months I can start playing...but then these chars are already outdated and I have to start to collect new toons to play again...this is annoying...only old pvp is the content I can play...and new content which can become old content in the near future is not on the way...behause CG is blind and focus on selling things...the balance between making Money and to feed the fans is gone.
  • https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/profile/CG_SBCrumb CG what happened to making it easier to gear up.... Not happenedjdyul8mog861.jpg
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    That's the great thing about "in the future." It has always not yet happened.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Agree, "in the future" isn't a defined time frame, but taking into logic that this should be a required step in a timely manner after introduction of relics, it should happen more or less..... now :#
    Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Liklik113 wrote: »
    NEW CONTENT NEW CONTENT NEW CONTENT NEW CONTENT NEW CONTENT NEW CONTENT

Well I'm convinced!
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    You know, all the tumalt over relics could have been reduced if someone at CG had any marketing training. All they had to say was .."You know those thousands of pieces of useless gear you have? Well we found a way to reduce it and enhance your squads. Interested? Of course you are.."
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    You know, all the tumalt over relics could have been reduced if someone at CG had any marketing training. All they had to say was .."You know those thousands of pieces of useless gear you have? Well we found a way to reduce it and enhance your squads. Interested? Of course you are.."

But they did.

• You know, all the tumalt over relics could have been reduced if someone at CG had any marketing training. All they had to say was .."You know those thousands of pieces of useless gear you have? Well we found a way to reduce it and enhance your squads. make you ALMOST competitive against the people who spend money. Interested? Of course you are.."

I fixed that for ya.
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • You know, all the tumalt over relics could have been reduced if someone at CG had any marketing training. All they had to say was .."You know those thousands of pieces of useless gear you have? Well we found a way to reduce it and enhance your squads. make you ALMOST competitive against the people who spend money. Interested? Of course you are.."

I fixed that for ya.

They do help, my JKR is only t4 and i went from 156 to 120 on an shard from launch. Now if you think they will bite the hand that feeds them, guess again. Reality shows otherwise. Don't use Player vs AI scenarios to guage their effectiveness. No matter how many times TVF demands proof those with eyes know pvp-ish sections of the game have been tweaked.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

Did you actually miss that they said precisely that? And that the forums still complained incessantly because they can't get all the way to r7 with nothing but the useless gear?
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    You know, all the tumalt over relics could have been reduced if someone at CG had any marketing training. All they had to say was .."You know those thousands of pieces of useless gear you have? Well we found a way to reduce it and enhance your squads. make you ALMOST competitive against the people who spend money. Interested? Of course you are.."

I fixed that for ya.

They do help, my JKR is only t4 and i went from 156 to 120 on an shard from launch. Now if you think they will bite the hand that feeds them, guess again. Reality shows otherwise. Don't use Player vs AI scenarios to guage their effectiveness. No matter how many times TVF demands proof those with eyes know pvp-ish sections of the game have been tweaked.

You rose *almost* 40 spots on a launch shard??? I'm totally convinced.

I agree relics help. Which has zero to do with pvp being tweaked, which it hasn't.
  • This game is becoming........NO FUN. EA kills everything they touch.

I fixed that for ya.

I move anywhere from 70 - 100 spots up or down on a given day in my launch shard and I don;t have any relics or G13 toons. also I have beaten full relic teams in my shard and have been beaten soundly by full relic teams. I run a middling team of Palp, Thrawn, Fallen B, Tarkin and Vader. And I really enjoy playing the game, Go figure.
  • This could be the straw that breaks the camel's back in terms of veteran players leaving the game. Already seen quite a few in my guilds/shards leave in last 2 months, this latest money grab could force quite a few dolphins and FTP players to give up making 2015-2016 arenas fairly quie

Already saw this with 4 of our main guild members since this came out. They are free to play and 100% up and quit because of this garbage leaving us not able to do TW any longer.
  • This is 100% focused on whales. When are the fckin MK5’s more available.....
  • Pretty disappointed to see the lol "you guys using relics so they must be ok" response in the State of the Galaxy.

No one asked for them, wanted them, but you forged ahead and made them. Just another gear sink, despite your own words saying that you wanted to ease the burden of gearing.

We're forced to do it, fall behind, or quit. Those are our options, because they're ridiculously overpowered.
  • Pretty disappointed to see the "We've had a lot of negative feedback about relics but, lol, you guys using relics so they must be ok now" response in the State of the Galaxy.

No one asked for them, wanted them, but you forged ahead and made them. Just another gear sink, despite your own words saying that you wanted to ease the burden of gearing.

We're forced to do it, fall behind, or quit. Those are our options, because they're ridiculously overpowered.
  • This game just feels done now , if you play Fifa you can compare relics to team of the year cards. To much emphasis on relics everything else is irrelevant now, to many just 1 shot a g13 non relic making me feel what’s the blooming point. And when you relic up tanks, support, attackers it makes no difference when they are relic 7 the stats just balance out so it’s basically g20.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Tezza23 wrote: »
    This game just feels done now , if you play Fifa you can compare relics to team of the year cards. To much emphasis on relics everything else is irrelevant now, to many just 1 shot a g13 non relic making me feel what’s the blooming point. And when you relic up tanks, support, attackers it makes no difference when they are relic 7 the stats just balance out so it’s basically g20.

I thought it was gear 30, given your description of events g20 sounds too low.
  • Tezza23 wrote: »
    This game just feels done now , if you play Fifa you can compare relics to team of the year cards. To much emphasis on relics everything else is irrelevant now, to many just 1 shot a g13 non relic making me feel what’s the blooming point. And when you relic up tanks, support, attackers it makes no difference when they are relic 7 the stats just balance out so it’s basically g20.

Relics are a long term vision. Any new gear tier usually brings players that spend to upgrade to the new tier. And the smart peeps at cg made useless gear really useful, so long term players have a plethora of useless gear stacked.Relics are interesting that many different gears can help you upgrade, not just one.

Now this doesn’t mean this is end all be all. CG has to come through with what they promised as well. Access to more gear and the ability to help newer players advance more quickly than before.

This should give players pause. They do not have the best track record with this. See kyros alleviating gear bottlenecks. No sandbox mode ever to yes we need a sandbox mode. Etc etc.

As a player for almost 4 years I would have preferred relics from the start. I think it’s a more streamlined way to advance and progress. Gear tiers are a mess.
  • Does anyone have samé issue after Last update about dissapearing mods ať traya sion jtr and bb8?
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Awesome survey maybe half the game quitting is getting to them..... can we see results live or after they manipulate them
  • Naw wrote: »
    Vicarious wrote: »
    Sound like that’s the case to me.

CG can’t just give anything to their players/customers.....

Have to spend the $50+ on just the g12 finisher, not to mention all the other gear $$$$, then the $50-$75 or who knows how much for the Relic.

Have to milk their players you know....

You know that you are incorrect. You don’t have to spend money. Just refresh energy and in a month you’ll have your g13 also.

FWIW, the game works like this because players spend ridiculous amount of money for an advantage.

Month? I am in the 150-200 crystals a day area, and I find if you have been dedicated to pixel pushing daily on the game for a while and working on your arena team it takes 1 week to 2 weeks to save up the crystals and gear to finish g12 to g13. That's how long for CLS for me 2 weeks ago and for Chewbacca whom I g13ed last night.
  • Can Jawas get some love.? Jawas need Zeta’s. Sand People aka Tuskens need at least two more plus zetas as well. One of the Sand People could be the one who survived Anakin’s genocidal attack, make that one a very hard to kill tank. Thanks and May the Force be with you
  • Dooku needs a genosian ship
  • Slothmaster
    247 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    “I think it’s a more streamlined way to advance and progress. Gear tiers are a mess“

I might agree, but you can’t just tape a new system over an old one. It’s got the stink of gear all over it - it’s almost exactly the same.

-It uses the same resources that would otherwise be put towards the gear system we’ve now “moved beyond”

-It was released too quickly following G13

-Relics are just stats and might eventually be abilities, but it should have been the other way around from the start. If you want stats, what’s so hard about adding passive abilities?

-It sounds all well and good to have more flexibility when it comes to increasing characters’ stats, but it’s way too late for that. Again, this is an entirely new progression system taped on top of the old one (which you can totally still see behind it). There’s not much progression to go, guys, and from the get-go you’ve given us 7 Relic tiers that do the same stuff across the board for every character with the same tags. It’s not really this grand evolution of gear that opens up to green pastures of balancing and strengthening character identities. Nah, it’s basically stars but with 3 bonus stats depending on your role.

-They’re all just weapons. That’s so unimaginative, I just - how?? There is so much Star Wars content to pull from out there, how did you just make every character’s Relic the thing they happen to be holding?

-I don’t really like the idea at all lol, and no, I don’t feel better about using hordes of generic, random gear to upgrade a picture of a gun instead of just equipping the random gear. I don’t feel a closer connection to upgrading my character. I feel like there’s a new god d a n g hoop to jump through.

Jeez. :|
This discussion has been closed.