Anyone else hiding beneath the 2.5 million GAC division 5 cap?

Just wondering how normal that is

Replies

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Nope. 4.65. Division 1.

LOCK AND LOAD! SADDLE UP! LET'S BREAKDANCE!

If you want to BE the best, you have to beat the best.

Please feel free to add clichés ad nauseum.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • @Nikoms565 I finished rank 2,000ish. I'm fine around there. I lack:
    JKR, RJT, and DR.

Something tells me to break into those top teams I need to have them. I was beating JKR teams with my CLS team to get where I got. If I break the 2.5 million mark I'd probably face a lot of walls.
  • Dethjin
    75 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    As CG explained, the matchmaking takes into account the Meta chars. But higher the top 40/50/60 character GP, the higher chance is that JKR etc lineups don't have anyone with meta chars to fight against, so you might end up fighting those (which you have, and so did I). Meta chars with 3x zetas raise the GP so fast that, for me (I got DR just now) will be tough to compete as I already faced a ton of G12's while I have like 6...

But still, I recorded rank #2 at div7, but last round was really tough and I got a bit lucky.
  • I don't see a point in tanking in a certain division unless you have one of the absolute best rosters in it.

If you are let's say in division 5, you have a good set of G13s and all meta characters with great mods, there's a purpose to it as you can easily beat most people in the same range. But if your roster is average, just move with the flow, you won't suddenly start facing G13 Malak teams because you move up to division 5. Rather your competition will be more of what you have seen before.

• Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Nope, pushed through the cap and crushed it in Division 4 with an 11-1 record and another Kyber league finish.
  • I don't see a point in tanking in a certain division unless you have one of the absolute best rosters in it.

If you are let's say in division 5, you have a good set of G13s and all meta characters with great mods, there's a purpose to it as you can easily beat most people in the same range. But if your roster is average, just move with the flow, you won't suddenly start facing G13 Malak teams because you move up to division 5. Rather your competition will be more of what you have seen before.

Well, now I can reach Kyber. Previous GAC I could not. If I go to next division I doubt I will reach Kyber. Truthfully, I don't see any point in upping anything other than really targeted focus on my GAC teams.
  • Krjstoff
    633 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Nope. 4.65. Division 1.

LOCK AND LOAD! SADDLE UP! LET'S BREAKDANCE!

If you want to BE the best, you have to beat the best.

Please feel free to add clichés ad nauseum.

+1 ... Bring the pain bee-itches!

(and since people get matched with others from higher divisions all the time, I don't really think it matter wether you are 2.499m og 2.501m GP).