Are tanks any good?

So far I haven't found any good use for tanks.
Mainly for the tank challenge.

In PVP and PVE I tend to fair better with attackers + support.
Are any of the tanks worth farming?
Haider Level 60. Active player add me: 793-693-543

Replies

• I personally feel like Mace Windu is awesome. Not sure how everyone else feels.
  • Tanks are vital for some squads, I don't run a tank but I find people that do are very difficult to beat. I run a Droid squad with high dps. If you don't run a tank I can pretty much kill your healers in one to two turns then focus on your attackers. The Chewbacca tank can effectively taunt my squad while you take out my droids. Very frustrating, there now you know weakness.
  • Wookiees have never interested me. There is something about a walking, vitriolic, and irrational ape-like creature out there on a planet as harsh and unforgiving as the destroyers of the Amazon Rainforest always harkened back to the thoughts of the creature with maddened by lore, known as Bigfoot. Though we can see the evolution of the creation of the intricacies of the creature we know now as Chewbacca, and the Wookiees, with exception of that flabbergasting Christmas Special, it is unfortunate to realize from an individual so unfavored of such a misanthropy fictional being, that they are some of the hardiest and nearly hard to kill creatures. Their force is much like that of today's Gorillas, if not mores due to their greater sentience and ingenuity.

It was with the dichotomy of disinterest and knowledge that I kept Chewbacca on as my tank. Unfortunately, I've not really found any other tank in the game that is usable, or as obvious. Chewbacca's ability to focus attacks on himself has been completely and utterly imperative toward the victory of many battles in which, otherwise, loss would have occurred. It is also harassing to contemplate the mere destruction of another character, much like a healer, when the opposition harbors such an ill-fating beast.

As far as my team goes, Chewbacca is the most developed and upgraded tank on it. He is capable of taking more hits that would otherwise render even my Boba Fett Boba-Fretting-For-His-Life. Unless there is a better tank out there, Chewbacca is the beast for you. As for the Dark Side, who knows?

May The Force be with you.
  • I love that comment.
  • Chewdoka
    99 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Tanks with Taunt can certainly be useful, but until we see one that has taunt and counter attack I think the skill has draw backs.

The main advantage of a few tanks that I've fought against is their ability to slow down a fight. Obiwan is a great example in that he not only has tons of health, but he take away opponents specials delaying their best attacks for a turn.

Here is a high health tank heavy teams that would be a nightmare to face if skills and levels were equal:

Ima gun (leader) + Obiwan + Plo Kloons + CT fives + Barriss

• Powerlifter450
    501 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    @Dextor_518 , What levels, gear, and stars are your droids? @Auva , your posts are verbose but, they flow with an eloquence I'm yet to encounter elsewhere. You're IQ is obviously advanced. What are your degrees in?
  • @Dextor_518 , What levels, gear, and stars are your droids? @Auva , your posts are verbose but, they flow with an eloquence I'm yet to encounter elsewhere. You're IQ is obviously advanced. What are your degrees in?

Hk-47
    4star, lvl 41, gear lvl 5
    IG-88
    4star, lvl 41, gear lvl 4
    IG-86
    3star, lvl 41, gear lvl 5
    Poggle the lesser
    4star, lvl 41, gear lvl 5
    Lobot
    3star, lvl 41, gear lvl 5
  • I don't have lobot. How is his synergy with the others? What's he bringing to the table?
  • I don't have lobot. How is his synergy with the others? What's he bringing to the table?

Lobos has great droid synergy and droids help him Speed up and if you run him in lead he helps speeds droids.

He also has a nice clense/negative effect remover that heals droids similar to ventless.

• When I started, I got stuck using Chewie and what I call the poor man's tank: Hoth Rebel. Backing them up with a healer, I can typically see-saw damage between the two of them while my other toons pick off the enemy one by one. Used properly, they have made a big difference between one starring and three starring a level.

Going up against other teams, I can typically neuter most stategies the AI has in mind by getting them to pick on Chewie while I pick the other team apart.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    If you unlock Chewie's self-heal and especially get Barriss, he becomes a monster. Barriss is key because she can essentially full-heal him if he gets knocked down to near death after using his agro special. With that he is amazing. Barriss is herself arguably a tank, of course.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Chewie can definitely eat clock in PvP as a defender.
  • My level 38 4 star Chewbacca with max specials, is a huge asset. With Jedi consular and Talia I've got in to top 200. That's with Dooku and the Ewok! It's the only way the Ewok can survive.