Galactic War - Impossible

Prev1
I'm level 44 and in every Galactic War so far I've gone up against a squad that's 20-30 levels above mine. How am I supposed to compete against that? The matchmaking needs to be addressed if the squads I'm facing not only have gear 7+ but mods and three ability levels on me too. The farthest I've gotten is the 8th node. I'm all up for a good challenge, but not the impossible.

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Your opponents are chosen based on your stat power and which node you reached. On latter nodes, you're supposed to meet opponents of higher stat power than yours.

Don't expect to finish TB every day. Until you have a diverse roster (which you won't have until at high levels) you may meet opponents for which you have no counters.
  • It's not about counters or having a diverse roster. It's facing teams that are 20-30 levels above me. Not even taking into account the stat increases, that means higher gear, ability levels and mods. I'm only level 44 and when I go up against a level 66 player even the best team would lose against an opponent like that. And that's just at node 6. Yesterday it was a level 74 player I got matched with. That's pretty ridiculous.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    Your opponents are chosen based on your stat power and which node you reached. On latter nodes, you're supposed to meet opponents of higher stat power than yours.

Don't expect to finish TB every day.

• Wow guy that's a great response. Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule replying to everyone's posts to quote yourself. You really must like to hear yourself talk. At least correct your own mistakes when you quote yourself. I'm talking about GW, not TB. Again, how is facing off against a team 20-30 levels higher even supposed to be a challenge when they have multiple advantages over you? I would expect something close to that at node 12, but not at node 6.
  • It’ll stay like that for a while. Not much that you can do about it other than developing different teams.

Pretty sure I only managed the number of completed ones after I was 85 and with a few reasonable teams. One way is to use your B or even C team to weaken an opponent prior to using your A team.
    Where are the Stun Guns?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Raynia wrote: »
    Wow guy that's a great response. Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule replying to everyone's posts to quote yourself. You really must like to hear yourself talk. At least correct your own mistakes when you quote yourself. I'm talking about GW, not TB. Again, how is facing off against a team 20-30 levels higher even supposed to be a challenge when they have multiple advantages over you? I would expect something close to that at node 12, but not at node 6.

Chill, dude. Next time please have another cup of coffee instead of barfing all over these forums. Still, this is how it is - and this is how it's intended:
    Waqui wrote: »

Don't expect to finish TB (Edit: GW) every day.

If you believe, your opponent is way off and a mismatch, the least you could do is to post a screen shot of the opponent team (showing it's GP) and a screenshot showing your top-5 strongest GP characters of your roster. No, teams are not matched by GP, but by stat power, but still it will give people a fair estimate of the match.
  • If you think it is bad now, you should have seen it during October and November when people were getting teams they had no business being matched up with GP wise.

Also note on GW: GW doesn't care about team synergy. Phoenix with the same GP as JC lead noob chars makes no difference to the algorithm.

To get a good idea of what you should be facing, check the power of your top 5 characters. That will give you a number that your GW opponents are roughly based off. Battle 1 is 50% or so of that number. Battle 12 is 115% or so of that number. How the opponents characters get there is random. Sometimes they will have superior stars but weak gear, other times stronger gear and lower stars. Sometimes it's raw levels but again weaker gear.
  • Raynia wrote: »
    I'm level 44 and in every Galactic War so far I've gone up against a squad that's 20-30 levels above mine. How am I supposed to compete against that? The matchmaking needs to be addressed if the squads I'm facing not only have gear 7+ but mods and three ability levels on me too. The farthest I've gotten is the 8th node. I'm all up for a good challenge, but not the impossible.

Everyone who is starting the game goes through this problem.

If it helps, now it is much better, since to simulate it required 150 complete wars until the last node, today they are only 50

With a year of gameplay you will already have all the characters and you will only be able to buy ships of the war.

I know it's frustrating, and I've already complained about that kind of thing in the game, but the priorities of a low level player are different. Forget the galactic war and focus on the other tips I leave.

1) Find an active guild. Finding a guild generating tickets to Rancor and HAAT will give you another level of prizes for you. Accelerate the first 7 stars (probably the Zeb) and start to get better prizes. if you make the 600 per day, it will not be difficult to find a guild willing to accept you even low level, searching in facebook groups is easy.

2) Find allies to close 3 stars to the table, ask alliance codes, and abuse 85 characters with area damage and preferably good leadership, like Wedge, Assaj, Veers and etc. Again the fórum and facebook can help you in this.

3) First and most obvious team that needs to be reached is the Phoenix, for reasons thoroughly handled by various guides and youtubers. The second team is not as obvious and has switched from the old videos to 2019, but bounty hunters (Boba, Dengar, Cad, Bossk and IG-88) as well as the Phoenix have several goals, including another problem you may already be experiencing which is the lack of credits, since as they also have the tag scoundrel, they make the event of credit theft, are necessary for the Rebel chewi event and the ships for the OT Millenium Falcon event. Although the Bossk is at 9B Dark (level 85 only) and his ship at the far end 8D of the light side (and Jango and good equipment comes from toast). Spend energy and be calm.

4) Spend crystals with yellow energy, already the experience will greatly help you to accelerate to the 85 and enter another level of rewards.

Hope this helps.

• Guild is part of the problem, I'm stuck in a training guild be cause I'm invested in the never ending raid system battling for rewards, but there's no way to advance without completing guild events which I've unlocked, but cant participate in until I advance!?!....what kind of circular **** is that?
  • I'm LVL 54 using LVL 53 and 54 toons facing LVL 80 character using LVL 75 toons against me. Somewhat disheartening.
  • I still beat the 20 LVL higher team though. So it's still off putting but not impossible. They may be higher levels but not geared
  • Tomvan
    2 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    I'm lvl76 with Phoenix team 7* gear 8.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/314644511/characters/

Yesterday, GW node 12 was full clone team.
    bnaihh1re2r7.png

My team was full life & full protection except kanan's protection at ~80%.

This is what happened.
    Zeb : Staggering sweep => success
    Hera : Call Zeb to stun => resist
    Chopper : Attack (crit) => TM for clone :'(
    Clone team turn. Attack, attack, assist, bonus attack..
    My whole team is dead.
    I didn't even had the chance to retreat.

There was no challenge, it was just impossible. Is it really designed to be impossible ?

Since I learned that it was possible to start the fight again, I managed almost all the resets. I am now at 48/50 and I have no problem to retry the same fight dozens of times. But for this to be fun, it must be doable.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    huskyST wrote: »
    I still beat the 20 LVL higher team though. So it's still off putting but not impossible. They may be higher levels but not geared

The higher level teams tend to usually be bad teams and badly modded. Would you prefer a level 54 well synergised and modded team?
  • Tomvan
    2 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Double post
    Post edited by Tomvan on
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    It might actually be impossible some days.

Build your teams. It gets better.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ryche
    151 posts Member
    First:
    Use a sacrificial team to try and take out 1 or 2 of theirs. Then use your Phoenix.

Your mods are horrendous too. Seriously, a defense triangle on Ezra?
  • For players who sim this game everyday and extra crystals can you set up some type of exchange or add some new features to this so we can trade our crystals for gear pieces like the shard shop does. It is nice to 70000 green crystals. Please fix this so we can use these crystals in some way. Cheers
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Ajrieder27 wrote: »
    For players who sim this game everyday and extra crystals can you set up some type of exchange or add some new features to this so we can trade our crystals for gear pieces like the shard shop does. It is nice to 70000 green crystals. Please fix this so we can use these crystals in some way. Cheers

Or just buy the shards with all your GW currency and convert them in the shard shop.
  • Might have to do that. Thanks.
  • Ph1l
    59 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Raynia wrote: »

As others have said it was far worse in the old days but you were given some good advice
    To that end add these 2 accounts as allys and just pm me with who you want to use
    153-471-468 (my main acc)
    821-863-637 (my 2nd acc)
    Both have a great selection of units and will be of benefit to you clearing nodes etc ingame
    Ps also get used to very non helpful comments on here as well this can be a toxic place at times best to have thick skin
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    I don't think you get an ally for GW.
  • Tomvan wrote: »
    I'm lvl76 with Phoenix team 7* gear 8.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/314644511/characters/

Yesterday, GW node 12 was full clone team.
    bnaihh1re2r7.png

My team was full life & full protection except kanan's protection at ~80%.

This is what happened.
    Zeb : Staggering sweep => success
    Hera : Call Zeb to stun => resist
    Chopper : Attack (crit) => TM for clone :'(
    Clone team turn. Attack, attack, assist, bonus attack..
    My whole team is dead.
    I didn't even had the chance to retreat.

There was no challenge, it was just impossible. Is it really designed to be impossible ?

Since I learned that it was possible to start the fight again, I managed almost all the resets. I am now at 48/50 and I have no problem to retry the same fight dozens of times. But for this to be fun, it must be doable.

We have all gone through this. I didn't start completiing all 12 consistently until I had 3 teams built to work through it. Be patient. You are WAY early in the game. Best of luck.
  • Bastila Jedi with Yoda make GW a joke up until you can sim it. They don't lose effectiveness like Phoenix did. Palpatine Empire team is the same way, though a zeta Bastila team will shut them down. Best thing to do is try to bring your secondary teams up to par with your top team. Then on the opening battles of GW, switch teams on the first few nodes to give them all a turn meter advantage.

The clones though are a high value bang for the buck as far as how powerful they are. Galactic War determines your opponents based on the power of the top 5 characters on your roster. Regardless of if they have ever worked together or what. So if you keep focusing on one team, you will eventually run into its counter in Galactic War. Phoenix is countered by almost all teams with synergy if the power levels are similar.
  • BamWrath wrote: »

We have all gone through this. I didn't start completiing all 12 consistently until I had 3 teams built to work through it. Be patient. You are WAY early in the game. Best of luck.

The only time I ever had trouble with Galactic War was when it was bugged last fall. I had my 150 completions done before I got to level 85 and before they switched it to 50.

• I started an alt account in feb and took the Phoenix, bastilla, then jkr route. Gw is pretty easy if you focus on those teams. Sure there were days where you ran into a hard counter for Phoenix and had to miss a day of completing it but it wasn't too bad even for new players.

The most frustrating part tbh os being at level 75 with a bastilla team that can auto it and having to wait until you hot 85 to sim it.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    hot 85

85 is the new 25.
  • TVF wrote: »
    hot 85

85 is the new 25.

Hit 85.
  • TVF wrote: »
    hot 85

85 is the new 25.

I call foul! You already called this a necro!
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    hot 85

85 is the new 25.

I call foul! You already called this a necro!

For all the good it did....
  • Most users new and old that cant clear GW is due to the fact they don't understand the mechanics and match making decesions. MOST people the first thing they do is try to do it all on there own. The most important thing you need is higher GP than yourself Ally's. This gives you an advantage in one or two encounters. Next the next incorrect thing most do is to go and use all there credits to level up toon to high. So if you're farming less than 5
    To 6 rows deep you wont clear GW for a long time. Leveling is the most misunderstood portion of why you don't clear GW. The algorithm looks at your top row and gives you 1 level higher opponents.So if you dont have at least 4 to 5 more rows of toons then youll never beat GW.