What kind of GP is needed for 5* Chewie?

I've heard this event is very tough.

I'm hoping to be ready for 5* by next month.

Do you think G8+ will be enough for 5*?

Here is the team as of today.

xr52dxc8fyql.png

Replies

• Zeta Bossk lead and make sure your mods are correct (+protection circles on each BH). G9 would be better but zBossk will help carry through.
  • Thanks Vendi.

Follow Up Question.

Do you have to have Bossk (Tank)? What if I had Jango ready instead?

For that matter, are there any other BH Zetas worth doing besides Bossk Leader?
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Follow Up Question.

Bossk and Dengar are the two characters that make this event the least RNG-dependent. It's recommended that you start with them.
    Bossk's unique, either of Jango's zetas, Embo unique. Anything else is either very situational or a luxury zeta that doesn't bring anything game changing to the table.

I'd add that unless you have a surplus of zetas, the two zetas of Bossk is all you need for most PvE and PvP content.
  • Thanks Vendi.

Follow Up Question.

Bossk is not absoloutely required. Got my first 7* Chewie with Boba Fett lead and no Bossk. However, Bossk makes the event easier (while still quite difficult). Dengar is pretty much required for tier 7.

Bossk's lead zeta is the only one worth applying for this event. Others are nice to have, but wasted if you don't need them elsewhere.

Regarding mods:
    Mod Bossk as a tank, preferably with high tenacity. If he comes out from the initial blast without being stunned, you have an advantage.
    Mod Boba Fett for max crit dmg. A CD set, CD primary triangle and offense primary cross - preferably with a CC set as well and high CC and offense secondaries.
  • Not much has changed but here's what I'm starting out with tomorrow.

Hopefully I don't have to add too much Gear/Zetas & can pick up 5* with these guys.

ya57d7uhdt3y.png
  • Schwartzring
    1402 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    And for the Falcon I'm also shooting for 5* with these guys.

gc05mf2h1zke.png
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    You should be fine, if you transfer your best mods to your BH. If at first you don't succeed, then don't panic. The event runs for a week. You'll have plenty of time to improve your team's.
  • Schwartzring
    1402 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Well it required a few more pieces of gear & moving some mods around, but I got them after many tries.

9mzbo2j72eic.png

Falcon was a first try win, got good RNG with the group before upgrading pilots.
  • Schwartzring
    1402 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Took several more tries & gear to pick them up on 2nd acct.

nrecv0zmsuif.png

3gbd1nger590.png
  • Picked up 6* Chewie in Dec after Journey Guide release.

Trying for 7* now that I finally finished Bossk but feeling a bit under-geared, yet some posts show people doing it with similar.

Think this will work? Thoughts?

xd1m32u1p0nn.png
  • This game is officially the most horrible game I've ever played.

I honestly don't know how many times I restarted last night (80ish?) but around 5AM managed to beat it.

l0d6ogarv2dq.png

fs45cm69skue.png

SO many restarts, had them down a few toons many times, only to have Chewie heal to 100 & then have Han get to go twice in a row to 1 shot 2 different characters.

My final win wasn't even all mine, I started good, then lost someone & was about to restart when I decided to hit Auto. Somehow 1 cycle on auto had them take Chewie to yellow & kill Lando. Took over & managed to finish Chewie & then worked the rest down.

The RNG on Chewie's health had me ready to throw my device. Sometimes a full Bossk netgun unload would almost kill him & other times his Protection would barely move he'd dodge so much.

But its DONE.

Now to try it all over again against Drevan Tier 5 which also has me stumped :)
  • This game is officially the most horrible game I've ever played.

I honestly don't know how many times I restarted last night (80ish?) but around 5AM managed to beat it.

l0d6ogarv2dq.png

fs45cm69skue.png

SO many restarts, had them down a few toons many times, only to have Chewie heal to 100 & then have Han get to go twice in a row to 1 shot 2 different characters.

My final win wasn't even all mine, I started good, then lost someone & was about to restart when I decided to hit Auto. Somehow 1 cycle on auto had them take Chewie to yellow & kill Lando. Took over & managed to finish Chewie & then worked the rest down.

The RNG on Chewie's health had me ready to throw my device. Sometimes a full Bossk netgun unload would almost kill him & other times his Protection would barely move he'd dodge so much.

But its DONE.

Now to try it all over again against Drevan Tier 5 which also has me stumped :)

<Clash on Kamino has entered the chat>
  • Finally got 5* Chewie after about 10 tries.
    Here's my team:
    Bossk (L): 5*, IX
    zBF: 7*, XII
    JF: 5*, IX
    Greedo: 7*, VIII
    Cad: 7*, IX

Kill R2 -> Han -> Chewie -> Lando -> ROLO> I used the suggested mod sets. BF is the only one with half decent mods, but I did have every single mod at lvl 15 for each toon.
    With this same team, it was impossible prior to upgrading my mods. Bumping them up to lvl 15 each gave the the slight advantage I needed. The Fett's were the only toons left standing