Is there any point in running Hoth DS TB?

mvmss
213 posts Member
My guild sits above 160m gp and some members are growing increasingly frustrated by Geo DS TB, as it makes a lot of folks feel useless.

Some of them have been asking us to run Hoth for a change, though I doubt we could get the 48 stars. We will probably still fall +/-3 short.

That being said, other than morale, is there any reason to run Hoth DS TB? We got 17s on our last Geo TB, but we will get less this time, as people are losing interest.

What are you doing in your own guild to prevent this morale drop?

Replies

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Inspire ppl to farm the toons and get better. It was meant to be hard, and it is.

Like any challenge in life, make small obtainable goals and work toward them. Also point out that the rewards justify the increased difficulty.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    If you want good rewards then yes you will keep at the geo TB until you master it. We have gone up a couple stars on every one so far and our guild is digging it
  • Personally, apart from the guild 2 tokens, I feel like the rewards are lack luster. I'm getting less normal (near max star rewards) guild tokens to buy gear/save up for Malak shards (if he ever returns-soon) and no character shards (Rolo/IPD shards) until Wat gets maxed, which realistically for most non (Tip of the spear) max guilds, will be months.

We still need more Malaks for deployments...

I understand the idea of discouragement when there's multiple factors outside of your guild's performance that are stacked against you to not succeed.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    zeekdog wrote: »
    Personally, apart from the guild 2 tokens, I feel like the rewards are lack luster. I'm getting less normal (near max star rewards) guild tokens to buy gear/save up for Malak shards (if he ever returns-soon) and no character shards (Rolo/IPD shards) until Wat gets maxed, which realistically for most non (Tip of the spear) max guilds, will be months.

We still need more Malaks for deployments...

I understand the idea of discouragement when there's multiple factors outside of your guild's performance that are stacked against you to not succeed.

Every raid felt the same at first. Just takes focus and time.
  • mvmss
    213 posts Member
    Thanks for everyone's input so far. Is anyone else also feeling the same way as my guild about this TB?
  • From my experience the people complaining about geo difficulty are people that don't want to work towards it anyway...not feeling useless is completly up to them, not their guild. Even very few stars already justify doing geoTB from a rewards point of view. 17 for sure. My guess is they want to do hoth simply because its easier, the lazy was. So unless you have a shot at the maxed stars achievement there is no point in doing hoth imo. Convince them to work on the necessary teams. If that fails, force them to do so.
  • Tell them to farm their Seperatist and start putting serious consideration into their Galactic Republic. If someone feels useless, they could always go to a lower performing guild or they could farm the toons they need to feel more viable.

If the top performers in your guild aren't feeling down about having to "carry" those who feel worthless, then it's strictly an issue for those who feel worthless. Bonus, it's an issue that has a clear resolution.
  • LendersQuiz
    1161 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    There are prestigious quests, achievements and shards awarded with the Hoth TBs.

1) Its easier to earn Commander Leia & Imperial Probe droid shards than spending GET2 currency on them.
    2) Bounty Hunter Quest (3 of 7), Win 12 Battles with IG-88 in Territory Battles (does not work with Geo TB)
    3) Fulcrum Quest (3 of 4), Defeat Hoth Rebel Assault phase 6 Rogue One mission (only available Hoth Lightside TB)
    4) Achievement, The Frozen Rebellion - Earn 45 Stars in a single Hoth lightside map
    5) Achievement, The Frozen Empire - Earn 48 Stars in a single Hoth darkside map (you mentioned this one)
    6) Bounty Hunter Quest 1/7 - Defeat 50 Wampas with Boba Fett present (Only reliable place found for Wampas is Hoth DS TB)

I know how alot of people feel about quests and achievements, so there is no reason to give me a hard time. The OP asked for reasons to do the Hoth TBs. I just listed some.
  • Though around the same gp as your guild, I think our overall sentiment is that we were bored with HTB. Personally, I enjoy seeing the (slow) progress we are making. It's cool to see the chat- basically every upgrade being made is on a dark side, mostly separatist character.
    I'd say try and hang in there. With Malak returning "soon", I think being able to fill platoons will take out some of the pain.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    If there is a big divide in your guild it may be that you would ultimately be better off splitting and merging with others on either side. People who aren't interested in building toward the challenge and stop even doing missions are going to cause a lot of frustration for the people that do care and are trying their best. In my guild there is some frustration about the difficulty level and RNG in what enemies you get and all of that, but there has been zero suggestion of going back to Hoth.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Hoth TB rewards more GET, so if many still need them for HY, Wampa, Malak and want them, go ahead. However, you will miss out on GET mk II and also the practice and experience from doing Geo TB.
    17* is a decent score, and I believe the overall rewards are slightly better than for scoring 42* - 45* in Hoth TB.
    You can always go back to each Hoth TB once for the titles when you reach 185ish - 220ish million GP.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    17 stars is plenty good. You'll get more GEC1 by doing Hoth, but you'll net fewer and less valuable resources overall; I think the break-even point where the values are roughly equivalent was around 12-13 stars.

If people are really clamoring for Hoth, it might be time for the people who are serious about progression to split off and merge with another group, because that's just a step backwards any way you slice it.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Psycosaltine
    481 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Lots of good advise here. My guild maxed out at 19* @147m gp. Were going to try something different this tb that might help your guild aswell. Most of the "burnout" happens in pp, for us atleast, so were going to skip some of it to double dip p3.
  • mvmss wrote: »
    My guild sits above 160m gp and some members are growing increasingly frustrated by Geo DS TB, as it makes a lot of folks feel useless.

Some of them have been asking us to run Hoth for a change, though I doubt we could get the 48 stars. We will probably still fall +/-3 short.

That being said, other than morale, is there any reason to run Hoth DS TB? We got 17s on our last Geo TB, but we will get less this time, as people are losing interest.

What are you doing in your own guild to prevent this morale drop?

I guess to prevent morale drop and to see how much we've grown, we are running a Hoth TB. We are about the same GP, but had a few members leave. I think we are 46/50. So far we have 29 stars out of 30.