Impossible Platoons

I am an officer in a guild of 50 people. My roommates and several people in my guild have been playing since launch, me I have been playing since just before Phoenix and Nihilus time frame. With the exception of only a few months for them and a year for me due to losing my game switching from android to Apple (a problem that no longer exists). This time frame is important because I do not miss dates and I spend about 10-40 ever 1-2 months on crystals. My guild is casual we are not hardcore but some of us do spend money.

This context is important because we are the vast majority of your player base.

What the royal F are you doing over there with platoons? You have platoons in Hoth that ask for Treya, only a very select player base even has her it can’t be more than 10% and that 10% is doing geonosis so why the hell is she being asked for in Hoth? You are asking for B1 and other mpossible characters as well. I have farmed B1 80% of the time since he has been out and even I don’t have him past 5* so again I ask why the fudge is he being asked for IN MULTIPLES NO LESS these units aren’t possible even for hardcore players without spending hundreds of dollars in the game you are making it not fun.

Even if we did have these characters why the hell would we use them in platoons? You have waves that ask for 1-2 empire teams for battles then ask for Vader and palpatine and Tarkin in platoons ****....

I encourage people please speak up it’s not like we aren’t dropping money on your game, what you are doing isn’t just catering to the rich you’re hurting people that do spend what we can on your game pleasefiz this ****

Replies

• UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    The majority of my guild (80-85%) are FTP, and we fill every platoon in all phases.

Take platoons as another indication of readiness. If you are unable to fill any platoons you are likely lacking the toons to perform well in the combat/special missions and will probably end up with better rewards sticking with Hoth (losing out on GET2 obviously).

Ignore all that, thought you were on about GeoTB.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    The platoons were made static and have been the same since before Geo TB existed. The good news is that means you can work towards being able to complete them eventually, unlike when they kept adding new characters to them that had just been released as marquees the week before (or, in the beginning, ships that were literally impossible to get without lucky drops from the ship megapack). It's much, much better than it used to be.
    Sike wrote: »
    Even if we did have these characters why the hell would we use them in platoons? You have waves that ask for 1-2 empire teams for battles then ask for Vader and palpatine and Tarkin in platoons ****....

As for this part, devs have stated that their goal with platoons is to force difficult choices of whether to give up the useful characters or save them for missions.
  • I can get behind the difficulties.. in some cases sure, though it does get rediculous as a guild trying to get 20-30 people to make those choices do they honestly expect officers and leaders to memorize every character every guild member has for this? It’s rediculous...

As for the stability they have added, it’s only in the first 3 or 4 days of the event the last 2-3 are not set and still pull characters that are only possible for the highest end game guilds to pull off, Id be fine seeing Traya in day 6 sure, but having a character like that in day 5 is outrageous.

If it is about making the hard voices then they should have an algorithm that determines what % of people on average have certain characters and make it at least possible for a decent number of people to do it. Currently it’s not, only pay to win people can do it at all. I get this is a business and their goal is to make money, but that doesn’t mean punish a guild of friends just because they have some not rich members
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    As for the stability they have added, it’s only in the first 3 or 4 days of the event the last 2-3 are not set and still pull characters that are only possible for the highest end game guilds to pull off, Id be fine seeing Traya in day 6 sure, but having a character like that in day 5 is outrageous.

That was true at one point, but it's not true anymore. The platoons are completely static, and you can see what they are here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/198011/territory-battles-platoon-changes
    I can get behind the difficulties.. in some cases sure, though it does get rediculous as a guild trying to get 20-30 people to make those choices do they honestly expect officers and leaders to memorize every character every guild member has for this? It’s rediculous...

If your guild members are on .gg you can look up who has what on your guild page there.