Is there a way to remove 300K of galactic power?

Replies

• Ferie
    30 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Liath wrote: »
    And yes, all items needed to reach g13 are now farmable on nodes as well as in stores, and are given out in raids and TB as well.

Take CLS for example, but you can do this with whatever character you have at gear 12, and click on the last equipment slot (bottom right), click on the new gear (for that character) added for level 13, then please click on "Find it" and please tell me where those gears are except the store, if any...
  • kiar1404
    241 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Ferie wrote: »
    And yes, all items needed to reach g13 are now farmable on nodes as well as in stores, and are given out in raids and TB as well.

Take CLS for example, but you can do this with whatever character you have at gear 12, and click on the last equipment slot (bottom right), click on the new gear (for that character) added for level 13, then please click on "Find it" and please tell me where those gears are except the store, if any...
    you should just learn how the game works.
    Click on the parts needed for the new gear and then on find ... et voila ...
    see https://swgoh.gg/db/gear/G12Finisher_COMMANDERLUKESKYWALKER_C/power-cell-injector-ionic-commander-luke-skywalker/
    - https://swgoh.gg/db/gear/176Ingredient/injector-head/ (DS 8-E)
    - https://swgoh.gg/db/gear/170Prototype/mk-12-armatek-holo-lens-prototype/ (fleet 3-C)
    - https://swgoh.gg/db/gear/123Prototype/mk-8-neuro-saav-electrobinoculars-prototype/ (DS 9-b)
    - https://swgoh.gg/db/gear/172Prototype/mk-7-kyrotech-shock-prod-prototype/ (LS 7-B)

All free ... all normal nodes ... only 10 Energy (normal or fleet) per try, no limit in tries ... f2p-farmable.
  • There are two different GP mechanics going on here.

First, removing mods and reducing your overall GP will help you stay in your current division longer. You are (now) always matched against people in the same division so this can help to limit the size of opponent you face.

Second, the people you actually get matched against are based upon the GP of your top 60/70/80 characters (it uses your division and therefore the number of teams you place on defence - I’m Div 3 and I think it’s using 70). Mod stripping off of the lower end of your roster makes no difference to this. (Relics will however!!)

[those numbers are only approximations but you should get the idea]

TLDR: mod-stripping only works to keep you in a lower division for longer
  • There are two different GP mechanics going on here.

First, removing mods and reducing your overall GP will help you stay in your current division longer. You are (now) always matched against people in the same division so this can help to limit the size of opponent you face.

Second, the people you actually get matched against are based upon the GP of your top 60/70/80 characters (it uses your division and therefore the number of teams you place on defence - I’m Div 3 and I think it’s using 70). Mod stripping off of the lower end of your roster makes no difference to this. (Relics will however!!)

[those numbers are only approximations but you should get the idea]

TLDR: mod-stripping only works to keep you in a lower division for longer

So how those division works? Because when there where the first championship that was cancelled, I was put in Division 4, then when the first real one started, I was put on Division 3. But the point is that when I was on Division 4 I was not one of the best player there, actually I was one of the middle power compared to other players (ok I do not remember the power of their first 60 or 70 top characters...).
    So, if your theory is correct, I should have been very close to changing the power to my top characters to change Division. Now, If I remember correctly, in that period (beginning of summer, something like that) I was able to unblock simultaneously Rey Jedi (finally) and Traya, and this means that those unblocks made me change the Division even though the characters were not very geared. If I had know about that, I should have forget about them, and kept continuing playing in the 4th Division.

So, now the question is, how to retrocede to a lower Division? Just wait for the gap to be well spread?
  • Ascetic_Monkfish
    163 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    I can’t find the details, but I know that the cutoff from Div 3 to Div 2 is 3.8m total GP. (I am mod-stripping to stay there!)

You were probably near the boundary between 4 and 3, and your unlocks, new zetas and general gear upgrades pushed you over the edge. Remember, division is based on total GP, not just the top xx characters
  • Ferie
    30 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Ok, so for sure I will drop immediately any attempt to reach gear 13 with any of my characters, and forget about the relics :smiley:

With this decision, I will suffer in this championship to get some victory, but I will have something to tell for the next one, where I should play with players at my levels or a little more because the gap with the paying player hopefully will be spread.

Thanks guys.
  • "The only challenging thing is GAC"
    "put me in lower div so I can have a easier opponents"
    okay bud
  • Ferie
    30 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    It is not about easier opponents, it is about fair opponents, something that I can afford
    Post edited by Ferie on
  • Kyno wrote: »
    I'm a little confused, is there going to be a gap or not?

As the gap gets bigger doesnt that mean f2p and p2p will be more likely to face each other?

I am confused, as to why your confused.... A f2p account with 1 653 342 top GP is not the same as a p2p account with 1 653 342 GP... That has not changed. P2P players gotten a big GP boost... but the problem still persists. The GP boost a P2P is receiving just means they are facing other FTP players.

To put it another way... A P2P player that had 1 553 342 top GP before relics might have 1 653 342 GP now, but would not have a similar roster as a FTP player with 1 653 342 GP. In Fact as far as I am concerned it would likely be even more of a blow out.

The only situation were P2P players are more likely to face P2P players now, is at the very high end of the GP scale. At any other GP the ratio of FTP and P2P players is more or less consistent.
  • Ok. So you decide "g13 is not for me" to limit your top 70 gp.

I guess that means that the gear you farm will be to bring your gac teams to g12, carefully not gearing any other toons, so as not to increase your overall gp to move you up a division?

Here is where you will run into problems: You will still face g13 opponents.

If you have 10 g12 gac teams and your opponent has 4 g13 teams and 6 g11 teams you will have roughly equal top gp. (Actually I think they could have those 4 g13 and mostly g12 and only a couple g11 and you would still get matched) Seeing your roster they set 2 g13 teams on defence.

The right g11 team can usually take down a g12 defense team. Even a hard counter g10 team can take down a g12 team. The same is not true for g12 attacking g13. The gp difference is small but the effectiveness difference is much larger.

Even if they don't set any g13 defense you will have tough fights, while they have a cakewalk.

I added in the g10 hard counter part there because any g10 hard counter teams your opponent has won't even be counted in the matchmaking. But they have the other counter teams because they are not carefully holding their gp down.

Just grow your roster man. Get the teams you want. Gear the toons you want. If you go up a division you get better league promotion rewards. You will be a better guild member with helping in TBs, TWs and raids. The rewards from guild stuff is way better anyway.

You will likely also be hurting your own squad arena and fleet arena performance.

GAC rewards are not the only thing to build your roster around.

Oh wow. I wrote a lot. Sorry. Play how you want to play man. Good luck.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

As has already been explained, you aren’t clicking enough times to get down to the component level before hitting find. Come join those of us who have been farming these pieces for weeks already.
  • Ok. So you decide "g13 is not for me" to limit your top 70 gp.

I guess that means that the gear you farm will be to bring your gac teams to g12, carefully not gearing any other toons, so as not to increase your overall gp to move you up a division?

Here is where you will run into problems: You will still face g13 opponents.

If you have 10 g12 gac teams and your opponent has 4 g13 teams and 6 g11 teams you will have roughly equal top gp. (Actually I think they could have those 4 g13 and mostly g12 and only a couple g11 and you would still get matched) Seeing your roster they set 2 g13 teams on defence.

The right g11 team can usually take down a g12 defense team. Even a hard counter g10 team can take down a g12 team. The same is not true for g12 attacking g13. The gp difference is small but the effectiveness difference is much larger.

Even if they don't set any g13 defense you will have tough fights, while they have a cakewalk.

I added in the g10 hard counter part there because any g10 hard counter teams your opponent has won't even be counted in the matchmaking. But they have the other counter teams because they are not carefully holding their gp down.

Just grow your roster man. Get the teams you want. Gear the toons you want. If you go up a division you get better league promotion rewards. You will be a better guild member with helping in TBs, TWs and raids. The rewards from guild stuff is way better anyway.

You will likely also be hurting your own squad arena and fleet arena performance.

GAC rewards are not the only thing to build your roster around.

Oh wow. I wrote a lot. Sorry. Play how you want to play man. Good luck.

If everyone think like you are suggesting they would never face me. So, yes, I won't help much more in the guild, and I do not want any better rewards, I don't mind as I do not want to grow up my roster too much :smile:

I will just enjoy the Grand Arena with fair opponents when the relic gap will be spread.
  • Ferie
    30 posts Member
    edited September 2019

As has already been explained, you aren’t clicking enough times to get down to the component level before hitting find. Come join those of us who have been farming these pieces for weeks already.

I am still farming for Revan Jedi and Padme I do not care about gear 13 and relic anymore.
  • dlv1986 wrote: »
    Unequip 300k worth of mods from unused characters @ferie

Would only work if those characters were also in the top 80 or whatever their Division requires in GAC.

Its my understanding that the GP is from however many you need for Defense+Offense.

For me its 8 teams (40) but someone in Div-1 would need 16 I think (top-80)

So basically, remove every mod you have.

Sort by power.

Go to the 125% point of GAC # required.... so if its 80 go to 100th toon.

Then add Mods on from there down on characters that you might use in GAC so that they don't hit the top 80 but are useful as alternate options for Offense/Defense.

• TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    OP has the answers to the questions posed in the thread but chooses not to believe any of them so *shrug*.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

I am still farming for Revan Jedi and Padme I do not care about gear 13 and relic anymore.

I thought you were taking a break.

You at least now recognize that you were wrong about the pieces not being farmable, don’t you?
  • Ferie, you don't seem to understand how the GAC matchmaking works.

If you don't have any G13 or relics, that does not mean you won't face opponents who do.

If you stop playing for several months that won't make the "problem" go away either. The people you had been facing will have moved on to higher GP, and a new batch of younger players (both P2P and F2P) will have moved into your GP bracket - and some of them will still have G13 and relics. If you wait another several months then "those" players will have moved on, and a brand new batch of even younger players will have moved into your GP bracket, some with G13 and relics.

Bottom line, ignoring G13 and relics is going to, long term, make your GAC's harder, not easier, as presumably the younger groups are going to have more knowledge (in general) about which toons to hyper focus to take to G13 and apply relics.
  • The smugness in this post is dripping
  • Fanatic wrote: »
    Ferie, you don't seem to understand how the GAC matchmaking works.

If you don't have any G13 or relics, that does not mean you won't face opponents who do.

If you stop playing for several months that won't make the "problem" go away either. The people you had been facing will have moved on to higher GP, and a new batch of younger players (both P2P and F2P) will have moved into your GP bracket - and some of them will still have G13 and relics. If you wait another several months then "those" players will have moved on, and a brand new batch of even younger players will have moved into your GP bracket, some with G13 and relics.

Bottom line, ignoring G13 and relics is going to, long term, make your GAC's harder, not easier, as presumably the younger groups are going to have more knowledge (in general) about which toons to hyper focus to take to G13 and apply relics.

And you may not understand that people that have gear 13 player they would have much more galactic power than I do, so it would be very few chances to get those players in the near future, because they will be in the upper division.

Guys, it is easy to understand, it is like in a race: I will let the race leaders go, and wait for the newcomers and race against them. Yes, some of them will be prepared and trained, but how many in comparison on how many I am facing now and are before me? For sure less!

If I am continuing like you are proposing I will be always behind the race leader always in a rush to go behind them. So, no thanks, I do not want gear 13s nor the relics.

I am not enjoying it anymore, I prefer to play the Grand Arena with more fair players, players at my level.
  • groovdog
    102 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Fanatic wrote: »

And you may not understand that people that have gear 13 player they would have much more galactic power than I do, so it would be very few chances to get those players in the near future, because they will be in the upper division.

Guys, it is easy to understand, it is like in a race: I will let the race leaders go, and wait for the newcomers and race against them. Yes, some of them will be prepared and trained, but how many in comparison on how many I am facing now and are before me? For sure less!

If I am continuing like you are proposing I will be always behind the race leader always in a rush to go behind them. So, no thanks, I do not want gear 13s nor the relics.

I am not enjoying it anymore, I prefer to play the Grand Arena with more fair players, players at my level.

They are at your level. They simply made better (or more expensive) choices. You need to learn how to game the system like they do.

Demodding only can buy you time if you keep your all time high gp below the next cap. So I am sitting at 3.05 million right now. Next level is around 30k away. I could demod my guys to buy a little time or I could slow burn my upgrades to buy another GAC in Div 4.

Or as a newer whale I could jump into Div 3 recognizing that my Top XXX is probably lower than much of Div 3 who will have deeper rosters. This is despite a 145k arena team and 4 more R1 guys because the low end of my Top XXX roster has g10s in it.

The point is you need to figure out how your roster compares to your likely competition and make a choice. Most important of all is if GAC is your end all be all you need to only work on viable TW/GAC teams and focus on gearing. Avoid zetas if they dont seriously impact toon performance.

And as always Mods > everything else. R2 DR teams will beat R7 teams when your karen and dr are faster all else being equal. A dead character does no damage.
  • Ferie
    30 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    groovdog wrote: »

And you may not understand that this game, like everything else, is going to die at certain point, it is not lasting forever.
    Furthermore, I believe that this relic update is going to have a huge impact about this, on anyone that is starting the game and anyone that is playing it for several years as I am doing.
    This is not just my idea, nowadays is a spread idea that many players have: maybe not in this "polite" forum where everyone is idolizing the developers, the business from EA and Capital Games, and every idea that they have.

I believe that they have seen a decrement in the market and they want to get as much as they can before the new movie where they (may) will have a new increase in new players. Then after that, another big boost with some other absurd idea again to get as much money as they can with the golden goose that they have, and then say goodbye and focus on a new game leaving this to its death. I forecast about another couple of years, maybe another 3, if Disney is going to provide them with new movies or new series that have new characters.

All of this to say that, looking forward there will be even less players that are going to spend money, so your theory is going to be useless with my point of view.

No G13 and no relic for me, thanks. I want to be downgraded to a lower division.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    maybe not in this "polite" forum where everyone is idolizing the developers, the business from EA and Capital Games, and every idea that they have.

Lol what.
  • you can only remove mods. Thread done
  • Just quit the game already... no point in playing if you don’t enjoy
  • You can't go down in this game it always logs what your max GP was and that's what you get match to.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Hikari wrote: »
    You can't go down in this game it always logs what your max GP was and that's what you get match to.

This is completely wrong.
  • Hikari wrote: »
    You can't go down in this game it always logs what your max GP was and that's what you get match to.

That’s wrong. It takes the combined gp of the top part of your roster. The “top part” is defined as the amount of teams required to set 1 team per defensive spot and have a team for the corresponding attack spot. Let’s say you set 5 defence , your match will be based on the gp of your top 50 guys. Not the 50 you use
  • hmmm dont think even holding off by not playing or dropping GP would even help , im in Div 6 im Free to play and i have a gear 13 4 relic revan team , and im facing DR/Malak gear 13 and revan gear 13 relic teams and im just under 2m. Relics and gear 13 isnt hard to get and the teams in div 6 can be just as tough as the teams in div 3, the only difference they dont have bloated rosters , they have minimal rosters that pack a hard punch.
  • Fanatic
    415 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    groovdog wrote: »

And you may not understand that this game, like everything else, is going to die at certain point, it is not lasting forever.
    Furthermore, I believe that this relic update is going to have a huge impact about this, on anyone that is starting the game and anyone that is playing it for several years as I am doing.
    This is not just my idea, nowadays is a spread idea that many players have: maybe not in this "polite" forum where everyone is idolizing the developers, the business from EA and Capital Games, and every idea that they have.

I believe that they have seen a decrement in the market and they want to get as much as they can before the new movie where they (may) will have a new increase in new players. Then after that, another big boost with some other absurd idea again to get as much money as they can with the golden goose that they have, and then say goodbye and focus on a new game leaving this to its death. I forecast about another couple of years, maybe another 3, if Disney is going to provide them with new movies or new series that have new characters.

All of this to say that, looking forward there will be even less players that are going to spend money, so your theory is going to be useless with my point of view.

No G13 and no relic for me, thanks. I want to be downgraded to a lower division.

Wow, my post had such an effect on your mind that you decided to respond to it twice - once 2 weeks ago, and now again 3 days ago.

Sure, the game is going to die, eventually. Why don't you wait till then to start playing again, that should be enough of a delay to make sure the whales all pass you by...

Okay, more seriously let me try and explain it one more time.
    We know that GAC is based on the GP of your top X characters (based on GAC division). Let's simplify that to make the numbers really easy to see though. Let's say it is based on the top 2 characters.

Let's say I have only two characters unlocked. GG at G13r7, full 6 dot mods, all abilities maxed, at 32328 GP. And Wat Tambo with no mods, level 1, no abilities, at 301 GP. Total GP 32629.

And let's say you have Savage Oppress at G12, sitting at 16927 GP and Sith Trooper also at G12, with 16963 GP. Combined total GP 33890. You have 1261 more GP than me, a "viable" match up. Who wins that GAC? My GG beats your Savage and SiT combined.

If we now expand it to the top 50, 60, 70, or 80 characters, someone having 2-3, or even 5 G13 combined with a couple of G11's in the low end of that top X compared to your X G12's is again going to put you at equal GP. And while waiting will mean player A moves beyond you in GP, player B who had 0 G13 and a couple of G11's has now moved up to 2-3, or even 5 G13 and still a couple of G11's. And you will now be matched against them. Rinse and repeat until there are no new players to move up into your bracket (which is when the game gets shut down because now no new blood is joining the game who will spend to keep it afloat).