Arena-Shard Resets after 1 year ?

Anderson1234
7 posts Member
edited September 2019
I play this game now for several months, also spend a few bucks, and i see Hans, or Gk in my Shard, which is impossible to have after a few months at 7 stars. I contacted one and i asked him how he was able to get one, and he said that he hoarded tons of energy for 5 months and got the raid-rewards, like han and gk. Therefore i am unable to get any arena payouts, unless i start a new account and hoard for months, if i want to be competive ?
Are there any resets of the shards, people with the same GP (Divison) will be grouped each year or season in new smaller shards (around 500 people), so new people can enjoy arena, without being punished not hoarding for several months, or can i delete the game ?

Replies

• Unfortunately, Arena shards are never reset. The one you get in is the one you'll be in forever on the account. The problem is that people do this in every shard, so unless you're going to do it too, there's really no reason to start a new account.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • Did the dev give any reason why they do not want to do resets ?
  • The whales would not be able to reach and eat the guppies then. Why would anyone want to become a whale if you are moved to the whale tank for it? There would be less incentive to spend money.

I'm not saying it is right, but I understand the reasoning behind it.
  • I see your point, but if the crystals will be lowered or removed from squad-arena and added to GAC, and in squad arena you can try out new teams, some theory-crafting. Because i feel like the rewards form GAC, the Championship should give better rewards than squad-arena. And maybe you can get new whales, when they can get to a new shards, and missed the last time, and there are plenty of shards where are only 40 people active, perhaps 3 or four of them would be whales but there is not rly a competion, so they do not spend any money and communicate who gets the payouts in the shardchats.
  • This is rather degenerative player behaviour that emerged much later. I doubt devs even though players may sit on low levels without ever unlocking arena. And naturally all these players are second comers. I seriously doubt a new player will come around, simply not play for months in order to have an advantage much later.

No arena topping won't kill you though. In any scenario there would only be a few that reaches those ranks, no?

The GAC/arena reversal is something we've yet to see. I doubt it'll happen by a single change of moving rewards one way.
  • It's a temporary advantage. Once players on your shard start unlocking Revans or Padme, F2P Traya teams
    or rebels / scoundrels with Han will be relatively useless. Work towards a meta team, farm and slice mods like a maniac, and you have a chance to break the top 50 or even top 20 somewhere down the road. It's a marathon, not a race.
  • taquillasun
    1158 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    I am just curious... have you thought about reaching out to other players in your shard and band together and topple the overseers? You could stage a coup de gras! RIGHT NOW is the time to strike! The meta is vulnerable! (Looking down at a clenched fist, growling the phrase) "We will then crush the rebellion with one swift stroke!".
  • Yes, but i think this is not fair to the other players, because of the snowball system, and i want to have as many people as possible and not that only 50 or 100 in my shard keep playing and the other 800 or 1000 leave the game.
  • Yes, but i think this is not fair to the other players, because of the snowball system, and i want to have as many people as possible and not that only 50 or 100 in my shard keep playing and the other 800 or 1000 leave the game.

How does any sort of shuffling solve this? The total amount of payouts CG will give out each day will stay the same.
  • Anderson1234
    7 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    No_Try wrote: »
    Yes, but i think this is not fair to the other players, because of the snowball system, and i want to have as many people as possible and not that only 50 or 100 in my shard keep playing and the other 800 or 1000 leave the game.

How does any sort of shuffling solve this? The total amount of payouts CG will give out each day will stay the same.

Well if the rewards are moved to GAC, player can`t communicate (shard-chat, 24 people get firstplace for instance and abuse the system). who gets when a payout, so the snowball effect isn`t so hard, and only 5 people a day get the boost of the payouts as intended
    Post edited by Anderson1234 on
  • The obvious solution is to move me (and only me) to a one-person shard for squad and fleet.