GAC Matchmaking - Zetas, G13, and 6 dot Mods

124Next

Replies

• Also, the amount of poorly modded rosters and just mis-modded squads is overwhelming. That counts for a ton.
  • Rmaxtpmx wrote: »
    The problem, as the op is alluding to I think, is that matchmaking is based on GP, and GP tells us basically nothing about roster strength in practice. If g13, zeta'd Pao is equal to say g13 zeta'd b2, matchmaking is equal, yet very lopsided. There isn't really a better way to do it in this system. They refuse to have a traditional tournament event, and so it's always gonna be lopsided... by design. Don't like it? Spend money. That's the goal here. Your complaints are a waste of time.

I agree it would be difficult to address the power imbalance between different character that have been similarly geared ect... I.E. yes a G13 pao has less utility then a g13 B2, and it would be hard to address it without a power rating specific to each character (huge time investment for CG, and players would still argue about the result).

However I think you misunderstood the OP, the point of the thread it is wrong that G11 zetaed fallen bastilla with just 5dot mods, would have more GP then her G13 fallen bastilla counterpart with a full set of 6E mods. This discrepancy is caused by zetas giving to much GP (at least compared to G13/6dot mods). And can actually be easily fixed...

IF the goal of GAC matchmaking is to have to face opponents with similar rosters it is failing miserably. IT does not even do full two vector matchmaking to include GP and Banners... it just matchs those with similar GP within the same division and league. I.e. if your in DIV2 chrominum your matched with others in DIV2 Chrominum. FYI if you make any real effort in GAC your going to be in the same league as someone obtaining max Banners until the 4th GAC Match. If you want to make your life easier don't do any offense the first GAC match of the season so that in future matches your not in the same league as the whales.
  • Vicarious wrote: »
    Now I wonder how much weight g14.... I mean Relics will have.

Obviously speed still rules the game the majority of the time but r7 Relics completely changes everything. I sure hope the new matchmaking in the next GAC reflects Relics true overall weight.

We really need Division 0ne split into two groupings. It’s far to over crowded between whales and Krakens. I see no reason why the Krakens should always get easy wins by being matched up with the whales.

Weights will based on GP... Relic 7 adds about the same GP as 2 zetas......
    Yes, but Division One starts at 4.5m GP. A lot of players are over 6m GP now.

Facing players with 1+ million more GP GAC after GAC is far from fair or fun.

It only counts the GP of your top 80(.?) chars In division one.... Chances are if your 5mil GP you will not have similar top gp as someone with 6mil...
    You will still most likely face those players if you are in the same division. Matchmaking is random (or so they say) within each division.

I am at 5.3m GP and I will more then likely face players with GP over 6m. It’s how it’s been since the very first GAC.

They need to split Division One into two divisions.

They say matchmaking is random? But....that's not matchmaking.
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Vicarious wrote: »
    You will still most likely face those players if you are in the same division. Matchmaking is random (or so they say) within each division.

I am at 5.3m GP and I will more then likely face players with GP over 6m. It’s how it’s been since the very first GAC.

They need to split Division One into two divisions.
    I'm not sure how it would solve your problem as the split would probably happen below 5.3m.

Nevertheless, the GP-pool of division 1 is too large. They could introduce another benchmark between 5-5.5m.
  • Vice_torn
    599 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    TimmyHutch wrote: »
    DHudson wrote: »
    Not one of those you posted is mismatched. Wasted resources on toons never used is a meaningless statistic. Example: 3 zetas on CLS is a waste of zetas. You don't need all 3 for him to be effective. Same can be said for a lot of toons. I'm in division 3 and I don't have DR so no Malak either. My fastest mod set is +127. Haven't lost. Probably not losing this round either. Figure out how to win like the rest of us.

How ignorant can you get? lol I can't wait until you get to division 1 and you're at 4.5 million GP and you're paired up with someone at 5.8 million GP and they have 10 extra maxed out teams to whomp on you with lol...

Its a problem for anyone with allot of zetas.... most of the early zetas are pointless now. At one time all 3 zetas on CLS was a great thing. Some players put zetas on characters just to meet GP requirements for an event. And then they added GA then changed the matchmaking system so that all those who put on these obsolete zetas are GIMPED. Yet CG does nothing to fix it... And any thread is to try to shed light on the problem is Trolled by fools, who do not understand the problem or just want to make a [Removed - CM] of themselves.
    Post edited by EA_Joz on
  • Vice_torn wrote: »
    TimmyHutch wrote: »
    DHudson wrote: »
    Not one of those you posted is mismatched. Wasted resources on toons never used is a meaningless statistic. Example: 3 zetas on CLS is a waste of zetas. You don't need all 3 for him to be effective. Same can be said for a lot of toons. I'm in division 3 and I don't have DR so no Malak either. My fastest mod set is +127. Haven't lost. Probably not losing this round either. Figure out how to win like the rest of us.

How ignorant can you get? lol I can't wait until you get to division 1 and you're at 4.5 million GP and you're paired up with someone at 5.8 million GP and they have 10 extra maxed out teams to whomp on you with lol...

Its a problem for anyone with allot of zetas.... most of the early zetas are pointless now. At one time all 3 zetas on CLS was a great thing. Some players put zetas on characters just to meet GP requirements for an event. And then they added GA then changed the matchmaking system so that all those who put on these obsolete zetas are GIMPED. Yet CG does nothing to fix it... And any thread is to try to shed light on the problem is Trolled by fools, who do not understand the problem or just want to make a TVF of themselves.

Lol the CG web brigade? I think Russia started that tactic.

But CG will fix the GP discrepancy between zetas and g13 when they have enough data (aka the imbalance no longer drives certain spending behaviors).