Thoughts On Disney & Sonys Split Up

2Next

Replies

• Boo
    4134 posts Member
    willennium wrote: »
    Back on topic:

Looks like Disney and Sony worked things out. Spidey is back in MCU!

Ya I saw that too! Good news, shame we couldn't get a Venom & Spidey movie before the fix though.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Boo wrote: »
    SemiGod wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    The way the MCU is going it doesnt even faze me. Think I am out.

Honestly, I think this could be the turn towards the downward spiral. Endgame was really good. I don't know how they can top the infinity saga. I know the comic books are a treasure trove of plots, but are the executives going to fall into the same old rut of we established a golden calf, now how can we make more money? Personally, unless they can pull a magic rabbit out of a hat, or other unmentionable location(s), I think this is the perfect spot to stop. The fanboy in me wants more though. I think Ian Malcom sums it up perfectly, they were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.

I couldn't agree more - I am personally done with the MCU. It ended perfectly with End Game. How can they go on to do more?
    Then you get a peak of what direction they are going in - all SJW with lady Thor. It failed in the comics going this route and it will fail on screen too.
    MCU is done.

SJW... okay... why can’t there just be a female Thor? I know that most Marvel representation is forced, but why can’t a new Thor be female?

Look at the mess of captain marvel.

She was good in the movie but turned horrible in Endgame.

Marvel directors will mess it up

How was she "horrible in Endgame?" She was MIA for most of it because they made her too powerful since she has the power of the space stone. If she was there with them the whole time, it wouldn't have made sense to portray the battle as a fair fight. This is why she only fights Thanos after he gets the gauntlet and he's only able to fend her off after he uses the power stone.

Is this why you're saying she's horrible in Endgame?

The fact that the directors made her character MIA through most of Endgame shows that she was too powerful of a character to write well into that movie and not take away from the other Avengers - the directors just publicly announced that:

https://www.nme.com/news/film/avengers-endgame-directors-explain-why-captain-marvel-didnt-have-bigger-part-in-the-movie-2488857

I literally just said that in my reply that she was left out because she was too powerful. It's literally the same as what they did with Superman in the Justice League movie. They couldn't have him there the whole time otherwise the villain wouldn't have stood a chance at all, so they made an awkward sub-plot that rationalized him being MIA for the majority of the confrontation.

I can't support any critique that stems from "feminism is ruining X thing" or "diversity is bad" or "they did this to be PC and it made it bad". If the final product is bad, I'll give it fair criticism based on my opinion if it's bad or good. I'm not going in there with a preconception that "oh they casted this person or changed this to appeal to PoC/women/LBGTQ, so it's automatically terrible". If the final product is bad, I'm not going to throw fake praise at it due to diversity or whatever, but I'm not going to automatically think it's bad because some people on a certain part of the socio-political spectrum try to tell people that being PC/diverse/etc.. equals bad.

In a way - but the whole Superman being killed thing was a huge comic story line that they used to their advantage for Justice League - Captain Marvel being absent during Endgame was just senseless - not saying they should have included her more either (for reasons already discussed) - they just should never have introduced her character to the MCU before Endgame, she should have into play this next phase instead.
  • Boo wrote: »
    SemiGod wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    The way the MCU is going it doesnt even faze me. Think I am out.

Honestly, I think this could be the turn towards the downward spiral. Endgame was really good. I don't know how they can top the infinity saga. I know the comic books are a treasure trove of plots, but are the executives going to fall into the same old rut of we established a golden calf, now how can we make more money? Personally, unless they can pull a magic rabbit out of a hat, or other unmentionable location(s), I think this is the perfect spot to stop. The fanboy in me wants more though. I think Ian Malcom sums it up perfectly, they were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.

I couldn't agree more - I am personally done with the MCU. It ended perfectly with End Game. How can they go on to do more?
    Then you get a peak of what direction they are going in - all SJW with lady Thor. It failed in the comics going this route and it will fail on screen too.
    MCU is done.

SJW... okay... why can’t there just be a female Thor? I know that most Marvel representation is forced, but why can’t a new Thor be female?

Look at the mess of captain marvel.

She was good in the movie but turned horrible in Endgame.

Marvel directors will mess it up

How was she "horrible in Endgame?" She was MIA for most of it because they made her too powerful since she has the power of the space stone. If she was there with them the whole time, it wouldn't have made sense to portray the battle as a fair fight. This is why she only fights Thanos after he gets the gauntlet and he's only able to fend her off after he uses the power stone.

Is this why you're saying she's horrible in Endgame?

The fact that the directors made her character MIA through most of Endgame shows that she was too powerful of a character to write well into that movie and not take away from the other Avengers - the directors just publicly announced that:

https://www.nme.com/news/film/avengers-endgame-directors-explain-why-captain-marvel-didnt-have-bigger-part-in-the-movie-2488857

I literally just said that in my reply that she was left out because she was too powerful. It's literally the same as what they did with Superman in the Justice League movie. They couldn't have him there the whole time otherwise the villain wouldn't have stood a chance at all, so they made an awkward sub-plot that rationalized him being MIA for the majority of the confrontation.

I can't support any critique that stems from "feminism is ruining X thing" or "diversity is bad" or "they did this to be PC and it made it bad". If the final product is bad, I'll give it fair criticism based on my opinion if it's bad or good. I'm not going in there with a preconception that "oh they casted this person or changed this to appeal to PoC/women/LBGTQ, so it's automatically terrible". If the final product is bad, I'm not going to throw fake praise at it due to diversity or whatever, but I'm not going to automatically think it's bad because some people on a certain part of the socio-political spectrum try to tell people that being PC/diverse/etc.. equals bad.

In a way - but the whole Superman being killed thing was a huge comic story line that they used to their advantage for Justice League - Captain Marvel being absent during Endgame was just senseless - not saying they should have included her more either (for reasons already discussed) - they just should never have introduced her character to the MCU before Endgame, she should have into play this next phase instead.
    I do agree with you there. They pretty much just introduced her as a means to rescue Iron Man before he died drifting off in space. Since her and Spider-Man are presumably the new equivalents to Iron Man and Captain America, they're probably going to need to reel her power back in somehow or introduce some insanely powered villains for them to go against in the next phase.

• Spidermans back woo.
  • willennium wrote: »
    Back on topic:

It seemed like it was bound to happen. They make a fuss, come to an agreement and now people are excited for more marvel.
  • willennium wrote: »
    Back on topic:

It seemed like it was bound to happen. They make a fuss, come to an agreement and now people are excited for more marvel.

Yeah it's was smart business plan.

And it worked lol
  • SemiGod wrote: »
    Back on topic:

Yeah it's was smart business plan.

And it worked lol

Like any other brand, the more people talk about it, the more free exposure. Then "give the people what they want" and you are a hero.... again.