REconcider letting hoth and Geo Tb run at same time.

Prev13456
the choosing isnt a good idea. lots of guild want the completion and more normal currency while alot other member dont want sacrifice not getting kenobi ship or wat shards.

Geo takes twice as long to do i dont see what problem is other then you dont want us to have too much currency and my question is why not? i dont see it breaking the game

Why not Both?
No. Just No.

Replies

• Because if they be in different time GeoTB should be moved between HTB and we will have endless everyday TB? That would be horrible...
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Or they could maybe give us a special "TB month" when they alternate and then switch back to normal. That way, we could get the completion achievents without disrupting the economy too much.
  • You would be fine. I, for examle, would not be fine. Or may be officers that had to work twice as hard to coordinate...
    How to choose whos "fine" is "finer"?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    there isnt much to coordinate with Hoth if you can do geo, hoth should be nearly autoable

Not really, when you are going for perfect score and don't have that much GP. Although that goes only for the later phases, for the beginning the officers might as well not be there.
  • if you cant handle that cuz your so busy with doing nothing then idk what to tell you lmao.

Well, I dont know what you are busy with in your life, maybe with doing nothing, but I am I usually busy with other things than playing swgoh. As well as many other people in my guild.

Why then choosing between Geo, LHoth and DHoth? We may have 3 TB and tripple as much currensy) And 2-3 TW too, so we may have more zetas. Purfect! For someone...

• miketo
    139 posts Member
    I just hope they give us all an annual Hoth TB (DS & LS) for free. Free as in not having to sacrifice geo TB to participate.

Yes we will be spoiled with currency at that time and yes a lot of us can complete the 45/46 star achievement for Hoth TB. Those are the only negatives I can see for CG giving us that benefit.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    No thanks.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    If we could do both at the same time CG would probably reduce rewards to half to not flood the market.

That's a "No" from me.
  • I'd like to be able to do both.
    My guild is doing geo and we can get 7 stars, so the rewards are better than doing hoth.

But we get those 7 stars by fighting in the first phase and then basically by deploying for most of us. A few players can clear a round or 2 in the 2nd and third phase, but only in one or two battles.

I only have 2 teams that can really do anything after phase 1, so I'm finding the geo battle really boring. Just deploy and try to fill platoons.

At least I can battle on hoth, and the pve is the main reason I play this game. All the stuff I've built for hoth feels like it was a waste.

Like I say though, we get slightly better rewards, so geo it is.

If both were available, there is nothing forcing the people who don't want it to do it.

Rewards could be spread over both for guilds that selected to run both, maybe?
  • Ratinira wrote: »
    Because if they be in different time GeoTB should be moved between HTB and we will have endless everyday TB? That would be horrible...

People are always complaining there is nothing to do, but if there was always something to do it would be horrible?
  • I believe it's more a question of too much rewards... We tried Hoth TB for the last time before Geo TB came out, and we just missed that last star, so our Guild has never completed the feat.
    If it were up to me, they could let us choose to do both, but without rewards for Hoth TB (except maybe they shards).
    Wouldn't that be a nice solution?
    We just want the feat...
  • How would it possibly hurt? You don’t have to take it as serious or coordinate it fully and as extreme as geo Tb it would allow people to have more content more often plus help with the gear crunch I would love for Tb to constantly be running on an alternating schedule putting hoth along side tw would actually make a lot of sense for all the guilds with advanced players that barely have any events going on. I think the need for more content is apparent at this point and it’s already made so it wouldn’t hurt. Guilds only get to run 4 if you’re running geo Tb and if you’re not then you only run hoth twice a month. I always thought the choice **** it would be nice to enjoy all the content the game has to offer.
    Because if they be in different time GeoTB should be moved between HTB and we will have endless everyday TB? That would be horrible...

People are always complaining there is nothing to do, but if there was always something to do it would be horrible?

"people" is a faceless generalized mass. They are always complaning about everything. Because someone is always dislike something. Just because we are different. When someone is saing that "people like/dislike/want etc" it usually means "I like/dislike/want etc". Because none of us can know what like/etc all who play that game.

Some people spend hours in game. Some spend much-much less. If you are forced to do too much you may become tired very quickly.
    There are games I droped because there are nothing to do. There are games I dropped because there is too much to do every day (and this "too much" is the same every day). So yes, too much is not good too.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Chewy88 wrote: »
    How would it possibly hurt? You don’t have to take it as serious or coordinate it fully and as extreme as geo Tb it would allow people to have more content more often plus help with the gear crunch

This is exactly why this will never happen. The "gear crunch" is what gets you to spend money, which is the reason the game exists.

The devs don't want you to "finish your grind." The entire business model is for the grind to go on forever.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Ratinira wrote: »

But everyone is happy that we're able to sim the challenges now, or GW and the rancor for that matter.
    It's not so much that there's too much content per se, but some of don't want to play outdated content just to not miss out on rewards. Lets not kid ourselfes, pretty much no one wants to play both if you only get rewards for 1 TB.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Chewy88 wrote: »
    How would it possibly hurt? You don’t have to take it as serious or coordinate it fully and as extreme as geo Tb it would allow people to have more content more often plus help with the gear crunch

Rewards would probably be reduced, if we could do both.
    if you cant handle that cuz your so busy with doing nothing then idk what to tell you lmao.

Well, I dont know what you are busy with in your life, maybe with doing nothing, but I am I usually busy with other things than playing swgoh. As well as many other people in my guild.

Why then choosing between Geo, LHoth and DHoth? We may have 3 TB and tripple as much currensy) And 2-3 TW too, so we may have more zetas. Purfect! For someone...
    Before you guys start to make it personal, let me drop in my 2 cents. What everyone is doing in their private life is noone else's business. But a game should always offer as much playable content as possible and reward the most active players, ideally time investment could make good for money investment. That's not exactly how it works in this game, but at least partially. If you are in a competitive guild, you will be expected to put a certain amount of time into the game. If you can't do that, you go to a more casual guild, problem solved.
    I wouldn't mind if the rewards for the TBs changed/get adjusted, as long as I could play all possible content. And btw. I am a guild officer and wouldn't mind the "extra work" - it's not work, it's gaming lol.
  • Run the two at opposing times throughout the month but have guilds pick which they'd like rewards from.
    This would give upper level guilds something carefree to do if they choose and lower level guilds the ability to start playing the missions and see what they're up against.
    Potentially, you could take it a step further and allow for character shards to be the only rewards obtainable through both.
    Anyway, I swear some people could learn how to compromise. Not everything needs to be either/or.
  • Run both and give rewards for both imo. GET1 doesn't buy you much that puhes you towadrds the current endgame gearwise. It only gets you faster to the point where you need finishers and relic stuff. In CG language: i don't feel any need to buy kyros or relic packs when i can't g9 most of the toons because of stunguns and co
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Naver666 wrote: »
    Run both and give rewards for both imo.

Stun guns!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Naver666 wrote: »
    Run both and give rewards for both imo.

Stun guns!

?
  • CadoaBane wrote: »
    if you cant handle that cuz your so busy with doing nothing then idk what to tell you lmao.

But a game should always offer as much playable content as possible and reward the most active players, ideally time investment could make good for money investment. That's not exactly how it works in this game, but at least partially. If you are in a competitive guild, you will be expected to put a certain amount of time into the game. If you can't do that, you go to a more casual guild, problem solved.
    I wouldn't mind if the rewards for the TBs changed/get adjusted, as long as I could play all possible content. And btw. I am a guild officer and wouldn't mind the "extra work" - it's not work, it's gaming lol.

I was always interrested, if devs one day take away an ability to sim everything, so we can enjoy the content of farming/GW/challenges by entering each battle and also disable autofight so we can enjoy manual playing how much people will run here to cry that they does not enjoy all that content at all...

For some officers coordination is a game. For others it is a work. The same for players. Some like doing everything they can do. For hours. Every day, for years. For others this is turning into a work, rather then game.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

m1w4y2qc7izk.png
  • I think they should allow both with full rewards for both.

Here's why.

It won't break the economy of the game. CG has said they did relics so they could do more to make gear up to g12 easier to obtain. What better way than to let guilds do both tb. The extra get currency will help with the grind. You still only get the same amount of get 2 currency since hoth only gives get 1. So negotiator farms are not effected for most guilds. Some could finish malak, hoda, or wampa sooner but that isn't game breaking as hoda and wampa aren't meta and malak won't be for much longer.

And I think it's actually a really good way to loosen up the gear crunch now that relics are a thing.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    CadoaBane wrote: »

[...]
    But a game should always offer as much playable content as possible and reward the most active players, ideally time investment could make good for money investment. That's not exactly how it works in this game, but at least partially.

There are several strategies / business models out there. CG are doing quite well with theirs, limiting free energy and free arena attempts.
    If you are in a competitive guild, you will be expected to put a certain amount of time into the game.

I have yet to see a guild that does that. Doing the activities and developing your roster is what matters. How much time you spend doing it is irrelevant.

I wouldn't mind if the rewards for the TBs changed/get adjusted, as long as I could play all possible content.

I would mind if rewards were reduced or you needed to invest double the time to win the same amount of rewards.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Run the two at opposing times throughout the month but have guilds pick which they'd like rewards from.

This could result in some guilds being burdened by having to play both TB and TW during the same week for rewards and then not having a rewarding TB the next week.

Running both TBs the same week, as it's done now, and then allowing to play both - but only get rewards from one (selected by officers) would be a better solution. This way guilds can choose the level of burden themselves during the TB week.

That might work.
  • plindboe
    281 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    I don't get threads like these. There's 0% chance that they'll change it now. They made the decision a long time ago, and didn't change their minds then, despite the uproar. I'd like both TBs too, but I have made my peace with the fact that it will never happen.