REconcider letting hoth and Geo Tb run at same time.

Replies

• Foxer
    461 posts Member
    id Love to finish Hoth off but unless a bonus or side by side is run it won’t happen, new TB rewards are just too valuable and gonna be an issue once LS Geos comes out and rewards are split with harder content and none completed toons.
  • What the OP brings up is more or less one of the questions I have asked the devs in most of the Q&As since GeoTB came out. Still no answer....

A ) ***WITHOUT*** leaving the guild they are in, how are players suppose to complete achievements & prestigious quests (see below) that are tied to both the light side and dark side Hoth Territory Battles when their guild is ***ONLY*** willing to do the Geonosis TBs?

B ) As you probably already know, powerful guilds tend to only want to do GeoTBs only. This does not sit well with some players. Have you considered giving guilds the choice or opportunity to do a “bonus” Hoth LS & DS TB, perhaps once or twice a year? This would certainly help players complete some of the quests & achievements (see below) that are strictly tied to the Hoth TBs.

1) Achievement, The Frozen Rebellion - Earn 45 Stars in a single Hoth LS TB map.
    2) Achievement, The Frozen Empire - Earn 48 Stars in a single Hoth DS TB map.
    3) Fulcrum Quest 3/4, Defeat Hoth Rebel Assault phase 6 Rogue One mission (only available Hoth LS TB)
    4) Bounty Hunter Quest 1/7 - Defeat 50 Wampas with Boba Fett present (Only reliable place found for Wampas is the Hoth DS TB)
    5) Bounty Hunter Quest 3/7, Win 12 Battles with IG-88 in Territory Battles (Only works with Hoth DS TB, does not work with DS Geo TB)
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    I'd rather the Hoth TB run during the TW week rather than during the Geo TB.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Ephran wrote: »

So a week with two events then a week with none?

That would go over well.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

That would go over well.

You still have tw in the off week.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    As much as I'd love getting extra rewards.... it'd be a nightmare for officers. It'd also be a nightmare for some players who would view having to participate in both as tedious.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

That would go over well.

What?

:"Hoth TB run during the TW week"

Unless they want to run both TB, which has been stated won't happen.
  • Lio wrote: »
    As much as I'd love getting extra rewards.... it'd be a nightmare for officers. It'd also be a nightmare for some players who would view having to participate in both as tedious.

I don't think it would be. Depends on the guild really. But hoth is cake if you are at the point of realistically doing combat for geo. And if you aren't then it takes little time to get detroyed in geo while you focus on hoth.

And if your guild required both and you felt you couldn't do both, then there are more casual guilds available.

As for officers, you can delegate. And most guilds will eventually get enough stars on hoth even if platoons aren't perfect.

That would go over well.

What?

I do think both would be good. With relics n the game, it would actually be a good way to lessen the gear crunch at lower levels.

That would go over well.

What?

I do think both would be good. With relics n the game, it would actually be a good way to lessen the gear crunch at lower levels.

I must have imagined all those “TB rewards are a slap in the face” posts then.

• Ratinira wrote: »
    CadoaBane wrote: »
    Ratinira wrote: »
    if you cant handle that cuz your so busy with doing nothing then idk what to tell you lmao.

Well, I dont know what you are busy with in your life, maybe with doing nothing, but I am I usually busy with other things than playing swgoh. As well as many other people in my guild.

Why then choosing between Geo, LHoth and DHoth? We may have 3 TB and tripple as much currensy) And 2-3 TW too, so we may have more zetas. Purfect! For someone...
    But a game should always offer as much playable content as possible and reward the most active players, ideally time investment could make good for money investment. That's not exactly how it works in this game, but at least partially. If you are in a competitive guild, you will be expected to put a certain amount of time into the game. If you can't do that, you go to a more casual guild, problem solved.
    I wouldn't mind if the rewards for the TBs changed/get adjusted, as long as I could play all possible content. And btw. I am a guild officer and wouldn't mind the "extra work" - it's not work, it's gaming lol.

I was always interrested, if devs one day take away an ability to sim everything, so we can enjoy the content of farming/GW/challenges by entering each battle and also disable autofight so we can enjoy manual playing how much people will run here to cry that they does not enjoy all that content at all...

For some officers coordination is a game. For others it is a work. The same for players. Some like doing everything they can do. For hours. Every day, for years. For others this is turning into a work, rather then game.
    You'd be surprised, I actually do play GW manually e.g. for the bh quests. But that's not the point here. If it feels like work more than having fun, then it's either the wrong game for someone, or should just be taken more casually. I don't think anybody gets forced to be an officer in this game, naturally it's done by those who do have the time for it. No reason to take away anything from those who would enjoy it.

• Jarvind wrote: »
    Chewy88 wrote: »
    How would it possibly hurt? You don’t have to take it as serious or coordinate it fully and as extreme as geo Tb it would allow people to have more content more often plus help with the gear crunch

This is exactly why this will never happen. The "gear crunch" is what gets you to spend money, which is the reason the game exists.

The devs don't want you to "finish your grind." The entire business model is for the grind to go on forever.

Ok but it should be a give and take... at this point they’re just bleeding a stone. If you give some slack on some gear the relics wouldn’t have been such a hard pill to swallow g13 wouldn’t have been an uproar. Making things easier to get to the harder should be how you develop and push content forward.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    Chewy88 wrote: »
    How would it possibly hurt? You don’t have to take it as serious or coordinate it fully and as extreme as geo Tb it would allow people to have more content more often plus help with the gear crunch

Rewards would probably be reduced, if we could do both.

I would be ok with that just like I enjoy having raids every day to keep the income steady and the grind moving. It’s nicer having a set pace as opposed to a flood and a drought.
  • Naver666 wrote: »
    Run both and give rewards for both imo. GET1 doesn't buy you much that puhes you towadrds the current endgame gearwise. It only gets you faster to the point where you need finishers and relic stuff. In CG language: i don't feel any need to buy kyros or relic packs when i can't g9 most of the toons because of stunguns and co

Which would help with their goals of making it easier for newer players to get to endgame content inside of a reasonable time period.

That would go over well.

No actually that would be a week with two events and a week with one because hoth would be with tw which alternates with geo Tb/hoth Tb for guilds less than 80 mil

That would go over well.

What?

Dude you’re such a troll the entire purpose of this thread is to talk about the pros and cons of having both available. Not to say it won’t happen.
  • Goku_Black
    88 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    I dont think it would be "That Much More" work for the officers. Current progression in Geo is the same. People just do a bit beter every TB so rules remain the same. i.e. 3 star here, 2 star here, hold deployments etc. Plus the phases of Geo are so **** long, investing an extra 30 min in the game does not hurt since we sim everything else and want to play content.

This is actually a great opportunity to get more ""pve play" content.

Just make it so that people that run both, get a portion of the HOTH rewards. That way it does not break the economy and everyone is happy

--edit

How about running both one time before LS Geo is released? This will help the players get that last stretch of missing gear on Jedis clones and others that will be required
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    for people who do Geo, Hoth would require NO planning or organizing you beat what you beat.

a Free for all.

Geto Tb youd act like any geo tb its no diff then say Tank raid running at same time as Sith raid. your still working both but one require much less effort.

i'm pretty sure that's not true. It becomes beneficial to run Geo TB well before you get max stars on both Hoth maps with enough spare GP for it to require no planning/coordinating at all.
    Also, my guild never runs the HSR and the hAAT raid at the same time, nor do raids require any form of planning/coordinating whatsoever from the officers aside from start times. A truly awefull example, haha.
    Also, besides the planning/coordination aspect for the officers, Geo TB battles can take ages to complete. I'm not really looking forward to auto Hoth battles after that and i'm definetely not looking forward to that phoenix mission after that.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Would you be willing to run both for half the rewards or are you just expecting CG to give it twice the rewards?
  • ts no diff then say Tank raid running at same time as Sith raid. your still working both but one require much less effort.

If you have 2 raids at the same time in guild that practice zerg rushes you will definitely work much less on one of them. Though there is a big chance that this "much less" will be equal to "mostly missed it".
    So I dont see where is the connection between your example and tb

That would go over well.

What?

The whole point of this thread is to try to get them to run both. I'm saying if you run both have the Geo one week then have Hoth and TW the next. I really didn't think it was that complicated.

That would go over well.

What?

I must have imagined all those “TB rewards are a slap in the face” posts then.

I don't recall making any of those posts. I typically don't call things a slap in the face. You may be thinking of someone else?
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member

That would go over well.

What?

The whole point of this thread is to try to get them to run both. I'm saying if you run both have the Geo one week then have Hoth and TW the next. I really didn't think it was that complicated.

So people who are doing Geo right now see no change.

And people doing Hoth have a week with "too much to do" and then a week with "nothing to do."

Sounds like no change for some people and worse for others. Not exactly a winner.
  • My proposal IMO I think is a good compromise.

Every three months, so once a season/quarter (call it what you will), give guilds of a certain power level (to be determined) a CHOICE to run both LS TBs (and three months later both DS TBs) at the same time for either full or even half rewards. If at the exact same time is not possible, then a week later.

1) If the guild thinks the optional Hoth TB is not worth their time, they won't do it.
    2) If members of the guild are doing Hoth based quests or achievements, they can progress.
    3) The game is not flooded with tonnes of extra rewards.

The devs said:

1) We don't want to use up too much time of the players (the extra TB is optional)
    2) We want to make getting players to G12 easier (extra rewards always help)
  • There is no way it only takes 5 minutes. One battle takes about 5 minutes. Some phases have 6 or more.

And it doesn’t take 2 days for next phase.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »
    Would you be willing to run both for half the rewards or are you just expecting CG to give it twice the rewards?

Twice the Rewards full stop. just like we get twice the rewards on raids, or triple the rewards on some days.

its literally no different at all then raids.

This was all addressed way back when Geo first launched. Good luck this time though!