State of the Galaxy - October [MEGA]

Replies

• 30,000 g7
    138,000 g4
    Nice stats but they didnt mention the real impact of....
    1,652,000 accounts no longer active compared to 60 days ago.
  • I stopped playing this game about a year and a half ago after two years of playing
    Adding on to this point, I am sickened that I am hearing that the same gear bottlenecks are still in existence and that CG is still doing nothing to listen to the community. It's kinda funny that while I was scrolling this mega thread, it feels like nothing has changed since a year and a half ago. Same old gripes about the same old problems that still havent been fixed. And that these kind of posts are just pointless words that have no real meaning to them.
  • So another post about nothing...🤷🏻‍♂️ What a surprise.
  • 30,000 g7
    138,000 g4
    Nice stats but they didnt mention the real impact of....
    1,652,000 accounts no longer active compared to 60 days ago.

Where did you pull this number from? Seems oddly specific yet I didn't know anyone had access to the overall player-base data (besides CG of course).
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • I stopped playing this game about a year and a half ago after two years of playing
    Adding on to this point, I am sickened that I am hearing that the same gear bottlenecks are still in existence and that CG is still doing nothing to listen to the community. It's kinda funny that while I was scrolling this mega thread, it feels like nothing has changed since a year and a half ago. Same old gripes about the same old problems that still havent been fixed. And that these kind of posts are just pointless words that have no real meaning to them.

Did you miss the part where people wanted a battle of Geonosis TB and instead of an onslaught of marquee toons , cg should rework toons that are trash and make them better?

It’s not a story most forumers will tell you.
  • I think the worse part is their fake pleasantries acting like they didn’t hear the cries of the crowds. Relics could’ve been awesome if they created a new table and energy to give us more pve.
  • So people being forced to use the relics must mean they liked it? WTH is this kind of logic? :D:D:D
  • "We’ve seen 31,814 characters go to Relic 7 and there are over 138,612 characters at Relic 4-6." - That quote is actually pretty telling. It's some of the only hard numbers we have player-wise.

If you assume every player who hit R7 spent an average of $50 (some more, some less) and every player who hit R4-6 spent, say $10. (some got it free, others had to spend a bit) that's (31,814 x $50) + (138,612 x $10) = ($1,590,700) + ($1,386,120) = $2,976,820 income from relics alone.

That's a.... pretty good haul just for Relics.

This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Does anyone think they did this to....not make money?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    "We’ve seen 31,814 characters go to Relic 7 and there are over 138,612 characters at Relic 4-6." - That quote is actually pretty telling. It's some of the only hard numbers we have player-wise.

If you assume every player who hit R7 spent an average of $50 (some more, some less) and every player who hit R4-6 spent, say $10. (some got it free, others had to spend a bit) that's (31,814 x $50) + (138,612 x $10) = ($1,590,700) + ($1,386,120) = $2,976,820 income from relics alone.

That’s a lot of assumptions out of thin air regarding dollars spent
  • TVF wrote: »

Of course not. Why do you always jump in and immediately assume people are naive or foolish?

CG is just making money, that's all ANY for-profit company is set up for. They have no desire to be "fair" or "make the game fun" their priority is to increase the bottom line, period.

All of this "please do this, please do that" is just screaming into the wind unless they see a profit to be made by doing it.
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Of course not. Why do you always jump in and immediately assume people are naive or foolish?

CG is just making money, that's all ANY for-profit company is set up for. They have no desire to be "fair" or "make the game fun" their priority is to increase the bottom line, period.

All of this "please do this, please do that" is just screaming into the wind unless they see a profit to be made by doing it.

I guess I don't understand the point of this thread then.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    "We’ve seen 31,814 characters go to Relic 7 and there are over 138,612 characters at Relic 4-6." - That quote is actually pretty telling. It's some of the only hard numbers we have player-wise.

Oh? do they seem unreasonable to you?

I just found it interesting. No real point. You may go about your day ignoring it and not miss anything.
  • Just for the record, I have spent €0 (zero) to get to R4 with my one and only G13-Char ... :|
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member

I just found it interesting. No real point. You may go about your day ignoring it and not miss anything.

Duly noted.
  • Atarius wrote: »
    Just for the record, I have spent €0 (zero) to get to R4 with my one and only G13-Char ... :|

Sweet!!! Some people who just started a couple of months ago spent a few hundred to get there.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator

Point of this thread is general awareness of profit made from relics (3 mil)

Except the numbers used are guesstimate so we don’t really know if CG made approx. 3 million or more or less
  • I have 1 R7, 3 x R4 and 0 spent.
    Think you are overestimating the pennies from this but underestimating the pennies from people getting G13
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »

Yes

Where did $10 on average come from

Where did $50 on average come from

Why not $2, $100, $1000????
  • I have 1 R7, 3 x R4 and 0 spent.
    Think you are overestimating the pennies from this but underestimating the pennies from people getting G13

It's regarding total investment. Some people have plenty saved up, and will spend 0. Some people who just got level 85 and have nobody above G10 will invariably spend to make up the difference.

Obviously this game is fun. People are playing it.

This game runs off consumers coming back to spend.

If whales weren't having fun the game would be dropped faster than that Sonic movie nobody liked

Yes

Because I choose to assume those numbers? It's written in black and white that's it's based on assumptions. ie: "If you assume every player"

Obviously this game is fun. People are playing it.

This game runs off consumers coming back to spend.

If whales weren't having fun the game would be dropped faster than that Sonic movie nobody liked

I would argue many older players are simply playing because they don't want all the time and money they've already spent to be "wasted"

"Obviously this game is fun. People are playing it."
    "Obviously having a boss is fun. People have jobs."

It's also obvious the sun circles the earth from east to west.
    It just happens to be false.

However, yes, when the game no longer makes money, it will shut down.
    For-profit companies are sticklers about actually making a profit

• Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator

Yes

Because I choose to assume those numbers? It's written in black and white that's it's based on assumptions. ie: "If you assume every player"
    Usually, when people assume, they have some reasoning behind their assumption, hence, why I find it unreasonable.

Because like your numbers, this thread just exists for no reason other than misleading people about how much they made as bold statements (see: thread title)

I’m out. Have a good day
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member

Yes

Usually, when people assume, they have some reasoning behind their assumption, hence, why I find it unreasonable.

Because like your numbers, this thread just exists for no reason other than misleading people about how much they made as bold statements (see: thread title)

I’m out. Have a good day

Fortunately, someone agreed and made it so this is no longer a thread unto itself.

Yes

I’m out. Have a good day

Of course there are reasons... But of course you won't find them valid because you don't want to.

Reasons for average $50/$10 assumption: We *know* it's not 0. It's unlikely many people will spend more than 100 (but some, as Ahnald's video showed, will). The middle ground between those two points seemed a reasonable average to me for people who attained R7. The $10 for R4-6 is based mostly on the minimum Google Play card value more than anything else tbh. Not everybody got it for free, although I assume most did. A few will even have spent "As much as they could afford" and not get to R7.
  • Please for the love of God do some things to lighten the screen time burden. Shouldn't be forced to choose between being competitive and eye strain and weeks long headaches. It's too too much.
  • I hear everyone Complaining about Relics an other things but what about this??? Consider this??

Look this is a Star Wars game and who is more iconic in the Starwars universe than Luke Skywalker??? This is what you should be asking CG this is what you should be complaining about this is Super relevant....

This game has been out for years right?..OK

Where is a Jedi Luke Skywalker?? Why does he not have the Jedi tag so I can put him on a Jedi team??? An if you wanna keep CLS the way he is than Where is the Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker?? Where is the Jedi Luke Skywalker???

Why do we have a Star Wars game where Jedi Knight Revan is more important than Luke Skywalker??? Why did we have to go through a whole Heroic Journey to unlock CLS an he’s not even a Jedi!!!! An CG your wondering why people are leaving the game really??? Are U really that foolish??? If anyone has anything to say about this I’d love to hear it an CG you should have dealt with these questions long ago.

And Finally Where is Luke Skywalkers
    X-wing In Ships??? Since when was the Millennium Falcon and a Sith Marauder bomber Ship more Important than Luke Skywalker????? An all these other ships?? Where is the Death Star run to get Lukes ship??? Shouldn’t that have been done BEFORE the Millennium Falcon ???
  • Relics are not liked by the community. Initially there was negative feedback there still is. Not only does it increase the disparity between whales, guppies, and free to play players, it also begs the question is it even worth the investment. When a new meta comes along and my T7 relic sith empire team is beat by a g11-12 FO, General Anakin, or whatever meta is released next it makes the resources allocated to those relics worthless. The gear bottleneck is even worse now when you need the same gear to g13 someone as needed to get a decent squad up to g12. Relics have made raids worse as teams just absolutely dominate tiers now causing even raids within a guild to be dispersed to higher paying players. You had no interest in helping or listening to the community and only filling your pockets. Not to mention that you’ve added packs right next to events which makes your money grabbing ways even more obvious. It’s sad that this game has such a large following and active community and you care nothing about us at all. I can’t wait until EA loses it license with Disney as every game you’ve released for them has had solely money in mind rather than gameplay. Even the single player games coming out look like a joke. I want to be excited for Jedi Fallen order, but seeing the way you’ve treated battlefront, Madden/other sports games and swgoh it’s obvious gameplay isn’t your focus but making money. Wouldn’t be surprised if the best weapons in Jedi fallen order were bought in a gear pack. EA has made a mockery of the Star Wars franchise and are lucky that the following for it is still large. Please with your next post don’t twist your words to make things seem good. I’d rather hear nothing then hear what convoluted **** ideas you have next. Thank for ruining a great game...