GAC Disappeared!

Replies

• @Austin9370 your comments aren’t helpful and calling everyone who has had issues joining GAC liars is not welcome at all. I have played this game for an average of 3 hours a day since launch and there is nothing wrong with my attention.

He is easily one of the most toxic people on the forums.
  • Entus
    161 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    485-911-444

I joined...went into the next screen after claiming my feats. Checked after update and said to wait for next event or whatever.

As many have said here, i definitely pressed join. Still amazes me so many people on here think everyone is lying or mistaken. Same people, Im assuming, that think GAC matchmaking is fair. Ive managed to neber miss a raid, a tw, or gac, yet i just happened to miss this one while somehow managing to join 2 raids. Silliness.
  • Totally agree!
  • pSyToR
    37 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Ok then ... +1... 886-778-317

I thought I might have been crazy because I play 2 accounts I might have forgot to Join... But I'm fairly sure I did...

One of my account last night I was going to set the defense last min... Oohhh wait... What's that "Currently No Events wait for the next one..."

So it really seems I'm not the only one...

This is not about joining GAC but the current GA inside the GAC...

I have to look but I don't remember seeing "Join" for the GA (I saw it for the GAC) so I might have "Assumed" that it was joined as it wasn't saying "Join" as it would for a GA normaly
  • I joined this round of the GA having played the last two rounds. At player lock, having not only joined but been through my rosta of mods and adjusted it, instead of a match up, I find my GA says "No active event". As someone who made it to Khyber last time I am more than a bit fed up and now do not have access to important event currency, mod slicing gear, zetas etc. I have contacted EA help and am told that a number of other players have had the same issue. I am told that the issue is with CG but that is all EA help can tell me or do for me. Can I ask that CG get in touch with those of us affected and tell us how we are to be compensated, either by way of email (EA help have mine if you need it) or by way of an announcement.

Thanks
  • Since a friend in my guild missed the moment she needed to sign up for the third GA event in this GAC, I returned to the forum to see what news we have here.

It seems to me now the problem is, in fact, that there is not one "Join" button but actually two, and you need to make at least three clicks to sign up for GA.

Look, first time, you click on the GAC icon and see the welcoming GAC page. There, you can see a button which says "Join" (which you do). Then you think that's it, you're signed up, because it's like everywhere else in the game - you first see the event screen, then you click "Join".

But. There is another button which says "Enter", after which you can see territories. Could anyone please clarify what happens if you don't "Enter"? I'm starting to think that what happens is that you become locked out of the next event.

After missing the first event, I now click all the buttons I can see and go straight through to territories. But other people may just click "Join" without clicking "Enter". Is something crucial about that second, Enter button?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    alikssepia wrote: »
    Since a friend in my guild missed the moment she needed to sign up for the third GA event in this GAC, I returned to the forum to see what news we have here.

It seems to me now the problem is, in fact, that there is not one "Join" button but actually two, and you need to make at least three clicks to sign up for GA.

Look, first time, you click on the GAC icon and see the welcoming GAC page. There, you can see a button which says "Join" (which you do). Then you think that's it, you're signed up, because it's like everywhere else in the game - you first see the event screen, then you click "Join".

But. There is another button which says "Enter", after which you can see territories. Could anyone please clarify what happens if you don't "Enter"? I'm starting to think that what happens is that you become locked out of the next event.

After missing the first event, I now click all the buttons I can see and go straight through to territories. But other people may just click "Join" without clicking "Enter". Is something crucial about that second, Enter button?

No, you don’t have to click enter. You do have to click join each week, not once for the GAC. And looking at feats doesn’t mean you clicked join, which seems to be another common error.
  • Would love to get an answer before end of GAC please CG!
  • Yea I am in the same boat. My GAC is gone. Has never happened before. Never missed a button or a step. Im literally 4500points for Kyber so I am a little upset, was going to be an easy run for me.

Any insight or update?
  • CorpseMaker77
    602 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Definitely joined up, I can see the feats progress but it’s saying no active event.
    Can we get an answer on this CG? My ticket at EA help is currently being ignored.

I thought it was just me. Joined last night, then after locked was gone.
  • Now GAC has finished will there be an update on this? I won 8/9 fights so was on track for Kyber if not for the first GA disappearing:(
  • @Kyno @CG_SBCrumb
    Can we get an answer on this please. Still no reply from EA help.
    We’re about to start a new GAC and would love to know what’s happening about the last GAC.
    If the answer is ‘we’re not going to do anything’ then at least let us know. I’d be disappointed in that outcome but it is what it is.
    Once again...I DID join the round.
    I missed out on Kyber due to not being able to access round one not to mention all the crystals I spent gearing clones before it began.
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    gc9e9x2zovhg.png

They are still investigating the issue

You can ask your question in the Q&A later today if this isn’t satisfactory enough
  • Thanks @Ultra!
  • Take a pic of you joining. And if it disappears (which was prolly your mistake in the first place) you will know and be prepared for it
  • Err, no. I don’t plan on things not working and try to solve them once they do. Don’t have that much time on my hands to take photos of everything
  • Err, no. I don’t plan on things not working and try to solve them once they do. Don’t have that much time on my hands to take photos of everything
    Takes a couple of seconds to capture a screenshot.

Posting on here takes longer than a screen shot.

Although I am very sceptical about the causes of people missing GAC I now screenshot after every join. I figure better to be safe than sorry.

I haven’t heard of GAC disappearing on anyone who has taken a screenshot.
  • Ryconnan wrote: »
    Err, no. I don’t plan on things not working and try to solve them once they do. Don’t have that much time on my hands to take photos of everything

Posting on here takes longer than a screen shot.

Although I am very sceptical about the causes of people missing GAC I now screenshot after every join. I figure better to be safe than sorry.

I haven’t heard of GAC disappearing on anyone who has taken a screenshot.

1000 x this. I also haven’t heard of GAC disappearing on the same user twice, which leads me to suspect that many of them didn’t do it properly in the first place.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Err, no. I don’t plan on things not working and try to solve them once they do. Don’t have that much time on my hands to take photos of everything

Documenting and proving that there actually is a bug and that you didn't simply forget to join would be the first and most important step to have the developers look into the issue.
  • I get why taking a screenshot WOULD have been a good idea but I can’t go back in time.
    What I’m saying is I’m not going to screenshot joining or contributing GAC/raids/TW/TB just to prove my participation.
  • @DarjeloSalas the odds seem very low of this bug happening so chances of it happening to same person twice would be ridiculously low. Thanks for ur contribution as always
  • I think u guys are missing the point. My complaint is about round 1 of last GAC when the bug was 1st discovered and reported, not any subsequent GA rounds.
    Until then I had never had any trouble joining a GAC so why would you be expected to screenshot this?
    Once this issue was reported I can see why taking a screenshot would be a good idea but that wasn’t an option for me.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    I think you should directly pm Crumb if you expect your ally codes and problem to be seen.
  • Yeah good idea. Looks like they are still working on it so I’ll give it a bit longer.
  • Reported on EA answers but don't expect anything to happen from it. First time the bug has happened to me too.
  • I have the same issue so I get screwed out of rewards too
  • If you take a screen shot of the vs ...???... screen it seems to prevent this bug from occuring in 100% of cases.

The only solution to this bug is to take a screen shot after entering the GAC, somehow it appears either CG has programmed code that doesn't remove people who take screen shots, so if you dont take the screen shot then there is a good chance your not in gac.
  • If you take a screen shot of the vs ...???... screen it seems to prevent this bug from occuring in 100% of cases.

Just like not a single person has ever been struck by lightning while walking a Borzoi. There's not a single documented case in all of history. Do you ever lie awake at night and wonder why that is? Could it be that this dog breed somehow protects against lightning strikes?

Or is it simply statistically unlikely for two rather small groups to overlap? Point being, not too many people bother taking screenshots or even know about this bug. Once awareness spreads, the Venn diagram might no longer look like O O
  • This is not a problem they want to actually address because they are still pretending like GAC is perfectly fine. I have screenshots and a full chat session with an employee of CG admitting that there is an issue they are fully aware of and still nothing has been done about it.