REconcider letting hoth and Geo Tb run at same time.

Replies

• TVF wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    Would you be willing to run both for half the rewards or are you just expecting CG to give it twice the rewards?

Twice the Rewards full stop. just like we get twice the rewards on raids, or triple the rewards on some days.

its literally no different at all then raids.

This was all addressed way back when Geo first launched. Good luck this time though!

I think what has changed was the introduction of relics. The devs have stated that the introduction of relics was needed before increasing the flow of lower level gear.

I think having both tbs would be a great way to ease the flow of gear.
  • reCONSIDER
  • it takes maybe 5 min at best to do one person run in Geo TB for whole day. then you wait for 2 days for next round.... hello.... how that taking up time lmao
    I have a strong feeling you are not getting too many stars. P3 runs can take longer than 5 minutes each if you go over 3/4, in P4 a 4/4 can cost you over 30 minutes.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »
    Would you be willing to run both for half the rewards or are you just expecting CG to give it twice the rewards?

Twice the Rewards full stop.

Don't get your hopes up too high. I wouldn't hold my breath.

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    it takes maybe 5 min at best to do one person run in Geo TB for whole day. then you wait for 2 days for next round.... hello.... how that taking up time lmao

have you ever played geo TB?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • I’m sure lots of people would take ~5 mins to do all their GeoTB battles, particularly in phase 4. Not sure they should actually be doing GeoTB though if their rosters are that weak.
  • Tiig
    296 posts Member
    As a TB officer there is no way in hell I want to be able to do both at once. If we could, we’d have to, in order to remain competitive, and I’ve got enough on doing just one Tb. Coordinating one is hard enough, doing 2, even with seperate officers, would be horrible and confusing. No thanks.
  • Tiig wrote: »
    As a TB officer there is no way in hell I want to be able to do both at once. If we could, we’d have to, in order to remain competitive, and I’ve got enough on doing just one Tb. Coordinating one is hard enough, doing 2, even with seperate officers, would be horrible and confusing. No thanks.

Just to be clear, your issue is that you don't want to do both HothTB & GeoTB at the exact same time.
    How would you feel if instead, you did a GeoTB one week and on occasion & optionally do a HothTB the following week?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    bvx6xdh7debc.jpg

It looks like we have our current answer.

Here is the link they reference:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/205629/dark-side-territory-battle-geonosis-qualification-requirements#latest

They do leave it open, but it seems unlikely at this point in time.
  • Kyno wrote: »

If as a community, we stop asking for it, the devs will never give it to us.
    If as a community, we ask for it ever chance we get, the devs may change their mind.

Case in point..."Q: We want a sandbox mode"

The old answer was:
    A: TopHat - We've talked about it before a number of times and given answers to it. Our disposition is still the same - in our experience running this game we have yet to see anything that would indicate to us that a mode that does not yield rewards would be played with by more than a handful of players. In general, players do things that net progress in the game - thing that don't yield progress in they don't engage with.

The new answer is:
    A: CG_Vyeking - This is not only a popular request from players outside the studio, but is one of the most popular feature requests from players inside the studio. An engaging sandbox feature is an important part of the future feature set for SWGoH and, while we cannot tell you exactly when this feature will make it to the holotables, we can tell you with certainty that a plan for this feature is 'in-the-books' as the saying goes.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

If as a community, we stop asking for it, the devs will never give it to us.
    If as a community, we ask for it ever chance we get, the devs may change their mind.

Case in point..."Q: We want a sandbox mode"

The old answer was:
    A: TopHat - We've talked about it before a number of times and given answers to it. Our disposition is still the same - in our experience running this game we have yet to see anything that would indicate to us that a mode that does not yield rewards would be played with by more than a handful of players. In general, players do things that net progress in the game - thing that don't yield progress in they don't engage with.

The new answer is:
    A: CG_Vyeking - This is not only a popular request from players outside the studio, but is one of the most popular feature requests from players inside the studio. An engaging sandbox feature is an important part of the future feature set for SWGoH and, while we cannot tell you exactly when this feature will make it to the holotables, we can tell you with certainty that a plan for this feature is 'in-the-books' as the saying goes.

Correct, which is why I said at this point in time, because the current answer is like the old answer you quoted. So again, it seems unlikely at this point in time.

I never said to stop asking, just pointing out that we have a current answer as this questions was posed before the QA.
  • I feel like the answer that would please most (never all) is:

Allow both TB's to run. One must be chosen as primary, the other secondary.
    Both events let you earn via the stars (GET, GET2, shards for the TB specials, prize boxes)
    ONLY Primary TB allows for Crystals to be earned.

(Both TB's running at same time reduces the number of prize box items being earned).

This to me would be the best compromise. We get the currency, which does not break the game. But we give up the reward items across the board, and can only earn crystals from 1 or the other. Not both.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    I feel like the answer that would please most (never all) is:

Both events let you earn via the stars (GET, GET2, shards for the TB specials, prize boxes)

(Both TB's running at same time reduces the number of prize box items being earned).

This to me would be the best compromise. We get the currency, which does not break the game. But we give up the reward items across the board, and can only earn crystals from 1 or the other. Not both.

Best compromise is leaving it as is. Or just adjust the totals the meet the current totals which I doubt is something anyone would want.

AND if both of them were doable, that would mean lowbie guilds sink further as the capability to play geo tb doesn't add them much, while everyone else is capable of getting decent amount of stars out of both.
  • I feel like the answer that would please most (never all) is:

Seems fair.
  • Tiig wrote: »

There is middle ground between doing both full steam and just doing one.

For example, you can focus on geo for and just let platoons fall where they may with hoth. You can also make participation optional for hoth. Both of those would lessen the strain on officers and still allow a fair amount of stars on hoth. Possibly even full stars if your guild gp is high enough. If you're seriously doing geo your guild probably at least has enough gp that you can ignore the first 4 areas on hoth and put platoon instructions up for 5 and 6. But even then most veteran players can easily clear combat missions whether platoons are filled or not so there is little micro management needed there.

The amount of effort put in is up to your guild. More casual guilds can do little with either and the hardcore guilds can demand full participation on both. I don't see a problem there. It's no different than the options for tw. Some guilds do a lot of research on opponents to try and win and some just play it with little planning.
  • As an officer, no.
  • As an officer, yes please. This allows everyone in my guild to get stronger at a more progressive rate allowing the new geo Tb to be more accessible.
  • Chewy88 wrote: »
    As an officer, yes please. This allows everyone in my guild to get stronger at a more progressive rate allowing the new geo Tb to be more accessible.
    Watch bigger guilds drift away even faster, further increasing the gap.

Most guild that get 30 stars in Geo would probably get max stars in both versions of Hoth by a simple 5 second deployment from each member.
    As an officer, yes please. This allows everyone in my guild to get stronger at a more progressive rate allowing the new geo Tb to be more accessible.

Exactly

Most guild that get 30 stars in Geo would probably get max stars in both versions of Hoth by a simple 5 second deployment from each member.

What does it matter how fast another much larger guild progresses compared to yours?

What does it matter how fast another much larger guild progresses compared to yours?

Why do you want more rewards then?

So I can gear my characters faster. But I don't measure my sucess against what whale guilds can get.

The devs have suggested they want to eventually loosen up the gear up to g11. More get currency would be a good way to do that. And letting guilds run both tbs would be a good way to do that while also not just giving away gear.

So I can gear my characters faster. But I don't measure my sucess against what whale guilds can get.

The devs have suggested they want to eventually loosen up the gear up to g11. More get currency would be a good way to do that. And letting guilds run both tbs would be a good way to do that while also not just giving away gear.

Gear your characters faster than who, then?

I mean, I’m not arguing that the rewards from both TBs wouldn’t be better than the rewards from one, but then the rewards from all 7 tiers of the Sith and Rancor raids would be nice too.

I just think these requests are unrealistic and people are setting themselves up for disappointment in asking for them.

I mean, I’m not arguing that the rewards from both TBs wouldn’t be better than the rewards from one, but then the rewards from all 7 tiers of the Sith and Rancor raids would be nice too.

I just think these requests are unrealistic and people are setting themselves up for disappointment in asking for them.

Faster than people I currently do.

And I think comparing the tb to running haat and hstr rather than to the early tiers of the raid is a better comparison.

I read the q&a so I know they aren't going to change it at this time. And my assumptions about the amount of rewards may not be accurate depending on what else they have planned.

However, the only new content they have announced is ls tb which will repaceone of the ds geo tb so I doubt rewards will differ much between the two.

And with relics, they moved the gear wall back far enough that an increase in gear flow will be needed soon. I believe that having both tb available is a good way to both increasethe gear flow and allow players that like playing the hoth tb to continue to do so. It may even give incentive for players that have pretty much ignored imperial troopers and rogue one to finish them up and do some special missions they haven't beaten yet.

And I think comparing the tb to running haat and hstr rather than to the early tiers of the raid is a better comparison.

But if all guilds have access to double the rewards, your gearing will be no faster than anyone else’s, relatively speaking.

I don’t think that’s a better comparison, because your, mine, and 1000s of other guilds already run both raids and earn both rewards right now. Comparing the request to something that is already possible is not apt.

For me, a better and more likely improvement to the gear bottleneck would be to add tiers to the daily challenges to award more of the most-needed pieces, including adding stun guns to the Mace challenge.

But if all guilds have access to double the rewards, your gearing will be no faster than anyone else’s, relatively speaking.

I don’t think that’s a better comparison, because your, mine, and 1000s of other guilds already run both raids and earn both rewards right now. Comparing the request to something that is already possible is not apt.

For me, a better and more likely improvement to the gear bottleneck would be to add tiers to the daily challenges to award more of the most-needed pieces, including adding stun guns to the Mace challenge.

Whether you add a tier to challenges with more gear or allow more get currency with hoth tb, the net effect on the economy is about the same. Your way gives everyone else more access to gear as well. So that isn't much of an argument. The only difference is withthe get currency, I can choose the gear piece to buy that I need. There is already decent gear in that store (stun guns ect..).

The devs have said they currently have no plans to add a tier to the challenges. So, I think allowing both tbs would be less work and allow those that like both geo tb and hoth to play both.

And it is more like a separate raid than another tier. If they just made hoth harder but uad the exact same map, same character rewards, ect, it would be like a new tier. But it's like they launched hstr as an option but then said if you do hstr, you can't do haat. That would be a bummer for those that like both.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Chewy88 wrote: »

Glad someone gets it. it literally helps everyone.

Doesn't help me.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH