State of the Galaxy - October [MEGA]

Replies

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    In terms of financials, relics is a success regardless of how many it makes quit or how hated it is. CG banked a whopping 11m$ last month which has been a good increase from their stream throughout this year.
  • I just wanna say, anyone who thinks that complaining about the cash-grabs is naive or foolish, you're just plain wrong. Of course I know that CG's goal is to make money. But I refuse to believe that milking your whales for as much as you can possibly get out of them is a better business model than providing the players options of a reasonable value, and content they actually want. A few thousand whales can't be better than millions of dolphins. If they actually cared about the players, the players would in turn fund the game with reasonable purchases. Instead, they are alienating and mistreating the very people they seek to make money off of. It's not sustainable, it's not right, it's not logical, it's not financially smart, it's just all-around ridiculous and they need to stop before they kill the game.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • Please for the love of God do some things to lighten the screen time burden. Shouldn't be forced to choose between being competitive and eye strain and weeks long headaches. It's too too much.

Have you tried using a blue light filter? Either the one in your smartphone settings (under Display on Android) or in form of a screen protector. It helps a lot with eye strain. So does playing on your PC in an emulator when you're at home.

Another possible cause are chronically dry eyes. I have the same issue now that the season of dry radiator air is upon us. Artificial tear fluid helps a ton. If none of this works for you, it might be for the best to quit mobile games altogether. Surely individual health problems are not an argument against more content, which is what many (if not most) players are asking for instead.
  • saZam
    11 posts Member
    I like these State of the Galaxies. Props to CG. :)
  • This is why I'm genuinely enjoying relics. Instead of farming vets, Ewoks et al and building a P1 squad like JTR that has little use elsewhere these days, I can hit any phase with JKR and get a decent score. Relic Han and Chewie are pretty awesome in P2 under CLS. And once I get Ventress and Daka to g13, P4 should be a lot more fun as well.

iugdzu6tkek0.png
  • This is why I'm genuinely enjoying relics. Instead of farming vets, Ewoks et al and building a P1 squad like JTR that has little use elsewhere these days, I can hit any phase with JKR and get a decent score. Relic Han and Chewie are pretty awesome in P2 under CLS. And once I get Ventress and Daka to g13, P4 should be a lot more fun as well.

iugdzu6tkek0.png

I'd be enjoying them too if I had a full team with relics.
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    By now anyone could have five G13 toons.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

And I do. But not five with relics.
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

The first level of relics is basically a gimme. Why don’t you have them relic’ed?
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

The first level of relics is basically a gimme. Why don’t you have them relic’ed?

And the next few don't take much either.
  • TVF wrote: »

I'm trying to keep my GP low. 2 of the toons are useless toons. I geared 'em just to show that I was willing to G13 someone few people do. (And one lost bet) They're not "usable" toons, really. They won't get used even at R7 except maybe to throw at Traya to absorb an isolate before I send in my real team. Not worth nipping at the heels of Div 1 for me. Not yet.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member

I'm trying to keep my GP low. 2 of the toons are useless toons. I geared 'em just to show that I was willing to G13 someone few people do. (And one lost bet) They're not "usable" toons, really. They won't get used even at R7 except maybe to throw at Traya to absorb an isolate before I send in my real team. Not worth nipping at the heels of Div 1 for me. Not yet.

Well, we have to know who they are now....can’t keep us in the dark like that!
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »

Well, we have to know who they are now....can’t keep us in the dark like that!

It may only be one...it's hard to tell. They move in single file to hide their numbers....
  • @CG I can't believe you **** are actually trying to spin relic use. Just b/c people have started to use them doesn't mean that they're "engaged" and in no way are the majority of players "happy" with relics.

We use them b/c we HAVE to use them to stay relevant. Millions of Americans pay taxes every year but the IRS doesn't put out statements to the fact that American Citizens are "engaged" with paying them. Absolutely ridiculous.

If you guys don't have someone on staff for public relations messaging, I suggest you look in to it because you couldn't be worse at it.
  • ExclusiveStache
    4 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Does it have to be a cantina node? The Cantina is a hard block for my progression. Even doing my refresh’s my grinds for teams are halted on the cantina table. Now I have to choose between being able to progress my collections or have a relevant team. Even for moderate spenders relic mats on the cantina table has slowed game progression down to a crawl.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Does it have to be a cantina node? The Cantina is a hard block for my progression. Even doing my refresh’s my grinds for teams are halted on the cantina table. Now I have to choose between being able to progress my collections or have a relevant team. Even for moderate spenders relic mats on the cantina table has slowed game progression down to a crawl.

Q: Why did you choose to put signal data on nodes without character shards as well. All this does is create a further divide between new and old players. You have to choose between farming shards for much needed characters, or farming data for relics.?

A: CG_Tophat - This is intentional as we did not want low level accounts to farm resources they cannot use at that time in their lifecycle. There's an argument to be made that it helps them prepare once they get to G13, but lower level players are heavily focused on the resources they need now and not end game goals initially. Why not put them on nodes with character shards? In short, we wanted you to make that hard choice. Do you continue to grow your roster or do you double-down on the characters you have is a fundamental choice you have to make for progressing in SWGOH.

• Ultra wrote: »

Q: Why did you choose to put signal data on nodes without character shards as well. All this does is create a further divide between new and old players. You have to choose between farming shards for much needed characters, or farming data for relics.?

A: CG_Tophat - This is intentional as we did not want low level accounts to farm resources they cannot use at that time in their lifecycle. There's an argument to be made that it helps them prepare once they get to G13, but lower level players are heavily focused on the resources they need now and not end game goals initially. Why not put them on nodes with character shards? In short, we wanted you to make that hard choice. Do you continue to grow your roster or do you double-down on the characters you have is a fundamental choice you have to make for progressing in SWGOH.

Is that a real answer or am I looking at some serious top notch satire?
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Its a real answer from the Q&A we just had on Wednesday (its stickied)
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

That's the whole point, making relics into a slow burner many months down the line...and for middling roster pursuits a hard choice between priorities.
  • jhbuchholz wrote: »
    Gair wrote: »
    Honestly felt like this wasn't necessary to even post. Better to just wait a week for all the stuff you are "hiding"

Forums: "You don't communicate enough CG!"

CG: "Ok, here's what we're working on, looking at, and thinking about."

Forums: "I don't like your communication and wish you had said nothing."

What a weird group we are.

But cg said nothing...
    Community: how warm is the water?
    Cg: well it's definitely not dry, almost hydrating, and containable in a pitcher. Not all water feels the same. It's comparable to the tea in china though.... (Insert " I did my job now where's my cookie " type closing)
  • I dont know why General Skywalker is even a character..I mean his starfighter is for jedi knight Anakin, they're both from the same exact era..is it that Jedi Knight Anakin is from the movie and general Skywalker is from the show..either way, it seems redundant er somethin..so confusing ..let me guess, he'll have the 501st tag. So wheres that leave JKA? There the same!! Only now, one will be good for one thing and the other for something else..to me, they're both the same..with the only difference being the movie character and the CW show character..so I guess , JKA will be good for GR and GS will be more specifically for Clones.. the confusing part is where GK is the one who is associated with JKA and Ashoka and Padme, so shouldnt it be GS instead..or give us Jedi Master Kenobi. The two Anakins are going to be so intertwined that people arent gonna know who to farm or which way to go. Either give us all 4, or at sort it out right. COULDNT YOU JUST GIVE US WOLF INSTEAD!
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    There's already too many zombies in my star wars game, I don't need wolves too.
  • What I can't stand is this.... GAC. Totally ruined game mode. My GP is 5.4 million. I am never the big fish in my match ups. I am paired against 300 to 400k higher GP players every time. I have a solid roster of 35 G13 toons and everyone at relic 3 or higher.

I lose every GAC battle no matter what I set to defense because my opponents have deeper rosters and even higher relics.

Why cant I be fighting against the lower 5 million players? It is just a broken system with subpar rewards. Way to much effort for little return.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Polinski08 wrote: »
    What I can't stand is this.... GAC. Totally ruined game mode. My GP is 5.4 million. I am never the big fish in my match ups. I am paired against 300 to 400k higher GP players every time. I have a solid roster of 35 G13 toons and everyone at relic 3 or higher.

I lose every GAC battle no matter what I set to defense because my opponents have deeper rosters and even higher relics.

Why cant I be fighting against the lower 5 million players? It is just a broken system with subpar rewards. Way to much effort for little return.

Does any of your matches end with numerous fails on both sides where they get to use their deep rosters? At 5.15M I have everything that are remotely powerful in the game to use at g12 the very least where only a few is g11. Deeper roster argument is somehow true for players at gps around 3M or lower, but it's rather laughable at yours.

I'm guessing the real reason you are getting your matchups is a combination of you having too high relics (they effect gp greatly), mods and zetas. You won't get matched with 5.0Ms since it's quite unlikely for such a player to have similar top 80 gp as you. Take me, I have 1.7M top 80, can you get matched with me?
  • I just wanna say, anyone who thinks that complaining about the cash-grabs is naive or foolish, you're just plain wrong. Of course I know that CG's goal is to make money. But I refuse to believe that milking your whales for as much as you can possibly get out of them is a better business model than providing the players options of a reasonable value, and content they actually want. A few thousand whales can't be better than millions of dolphins. If they actually cared about the players, the players would in turn fund the game with reasonable purchases. Instead, they are alienating and mistreating the very people they seek to make money off of. It's not sustainable, it's not right, it's not logical, it's not financially smart, it's just all-around ridiculous and they need to stop before they kill the game.

They clearly have evidence that a few people spending a lot is more profitable than a lot of people spending a little.

They make their decisions based on the actual data and revenues.

You make your ascertations based on what u would like to see and how u think the data looks like.
  • Well thank you EA for destroying the game, guildies leaving in droves and we are a Whale/Kraken guild.
    Money, money and more money that's the single most important aspect.
    Disgusted.
  • FeegiePanda
    415 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    The developers have ruined the game with the General Skywalker event.

17,700 power requirements was stated. Upon trying tier 2...the recommendations was G13 with Relic 3. Total farce!

This had made two guild mates quit the game and possibly more. It has made two shard mates quit the game too.

Is this what the future brings for SWGOH? It looks like its going to get worst for future meta’s. Its killing the game either way. R.I.P
  • Was killing the game in the road ahead? The state of this game is really pathetic, if CG doesn’t do some serious damage control soon we are gonna loose a game we loved for 4 years very soon. And i am not talking about the Malak f*up bonus we getting, that is really an insult. Please CG listen to the community. Just watch mobilegamers, he says everything that is wrong perfectly.